Castle Scares Up a Ghost Story -- and Some Always-Frightening Relationship Talk!

This Monday at 10/9c, ABC’s Castle serves up a Halloween-themed treat when a renowned “ghost hunter” type is killed under legitimately spooky circumstances. As such, the far-out case prompts Beckett, Castle et al to disclose their individual opinions on the supernatural.

Exclusive: Castle Makes Another Killing With Latest Guest Star

“What we’re dealing with is a murder inside a old, locked haunted mansion, where the only way somebody could have killed this guy was is if they were not of this world — if they were from the other side,” series creator Andrew W. Marlow told TVLine when we visited the set during filming. “So we get to investigate and have a lot of fun with that.”

Being among the highly imaginative, Castle, as one might imagine, “believes that a ghost is behind the murder,” Stana Katic shared, “and Beckett doesn’t.”

Katic, though, teases with a big grin, “That doesn’t necessarily mean Beckett doesn’t believe in the supernatural, which I think is kinda cool.”

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on the Plan to Explore Castle‘s Father

On the topic of frightful subject matter: The episode also features a double date — between Detectives Ryan and Esposito and their respective lady loves, Jenny and Lanie – that takes an awkward turn when the M-word comes up.

Ryan’s fiancée Jenny (played by Juliana Dever) “mentions marriage in front of Esposito and Lanie (Tamala Jones) — something along the lines of, ‘So when are you guys getting married?'” Seamus Dever previews. “And that becomes like a time bomb.”

Adds Jon Huertas, who plays Esposito, “Some things are said that probably shouldn’t have been said in that moment, and it sparks a conversation between Esposito and Lanie that neither one of them were ready to have.”

Ask Ausiello: Jon Huertas Teases Castle‘s ‘Boys’ Night Out’ (Airing Nov. 7)

Regardless of the uneasy dinner date banter, the detectives’ portrayers were thrilled to delve into their character’s personal lives.

“It’s a lot of fun to get [Esposito, Ryan and Lanie] out of the workplace, and add in Jenny,” says Huertas. “You don’t see them outside of work much!”

1. Leigh says:

Sounds like a great episode! Can’t wait for Monday!

2. Ella says:

Totally made my MOnday look even better!!

3. timelord says:

ryan’s (seamus dever) wife will be played by julianna dever? is she his real wife or is that a coincidence?

4. Sparky says:

How cool….that IS Seamus’ real wife!

5. Blerg says:

Is it just me or has Fillion put on some weight?

• Jules says:

Does it really matter? Nathan looks freaking adorable no matter what! I don’t think an actors weight is anyones business. How about we focus on the fact that he’s incredible in this part and an absolute cutie???

• Jess says:

He is too Fat…and looks old!

• jayare says:

And you’re too judgmental.

• gary holt says:

Castle will be OK … now the lead on “Psych?” doesn’t even look like the same person (neither do I…but I promise, if I had Oprah’s money I would have someone to kick me in the A.., prepare my juice & meals, and wouldn’t Yo Yo up and down like … well, a Yo Yo!!!:-o)

• SUZYKU says:

Too Fat?! Old?! What are you-12?! Nathan Fillion looks great, few pounds or not and he’s absolutely wonderful in the part. If it bothers you so much why don’t you watch one of the younger teenage geared shows?

6. tvfan says:

I love that this show isn’t afraid to have a halloween episode and outside lives for support characters. Nathan is a cutie.

7. Kate says:

I can’t wait! This looks like it’s going to be yet another fun episode of Castle. I love this show so much, and I’m looking forward to Monday night!

8. Katie Marie says:

I missed this past weeks eppisode where can I watch it for free?

9. Brittany says:

Hulu.com has all 5 episodes on right now! It’s totally free!

10. Elizabeth says:

This is one of my favorite shows. And I love Ryan & Esposito as much as I love Castle & Beckett. The 4 of them make for a great team.

I think Nathan Fillion looks fine the way he is. I heart him; he’s just awesome!

11. Jen says:

Maybe you are just too thin and way too young?

12. Troy says:

They really need to do something about the whole Castle-Beckett relationship. Im so sick of it being dodged.

13. Stephanie says:

And who are you to judge him?? God why is there so much envy! Nathan is amazing and perfect the way he is and that will never change.

14. Keith says:

Castle continues to be one of the most entertaining shows on network television. I always look forward to watching it.

15. zaza says:

Nathan’s weight gain isn’t about whether or not he is still cute. It’s about whether or not he’s still healthy. As an overweight person, I know all about the various serious health issues that can crop up when one is overweight. Nathan may be still be okay, but if he doesn’t change the habits that led to the weight gain, he will continue to gain, and those health issue will come up. I hope for his sake, he is able get a handle on this.

• Luca says:

Right?
      I hope he is OK..cause he don’t look very healthy at all!

• Annie says:

Oh dear GOD. Enough with this “oh, we’re so WORRIED about his HEALTH” crap. He’s maybe at most 10 pounds over what he was last year. AT MOST. You all should be ashamed of yourselves. He looks fine.

• zaza says:

Seriously? You’re mad because we like Nathan and wish him good health?
        How is that anything to be ashamed of? I’m betting that Nathan would be happy that his fans care.

• Annie says:

Oh, yes, I’m sure you’re right. I’m POSITIVE he would be overjoyed to know his so-called fans are calling him fat in public message boards. Riiight.

16. EveatEden says:

Why do they have Beckett looking so androgynous in that pic? Ugh, she’s usually pretty styling but that is just awful!

17. Kristine says:

Enough about Nathan’s weight. He’s fine people. He actually eats (unlike most of Hollywood) and he had muscles up the wahzoo. Leave him be.

18. Lisa says:

Tonight’s epi should be fun.

19. Karen Bills says:

Why is it that many male actors as they age seem to let themselves go and gain weight and lose their good looks. I hope Nathan doesn’t do that.

20. JerryTAZ says:

Stana’s weight loss is really bugging me. Shallow cheeks no less. Maybe why her hair in a bun, which BTW is the way MY daughter, a police officer, wears her long hair on the job.

21. jennifer says:

nathan is hot ,i dont care about his weight, but i am curious. in the heartbreak hotel when the hotel security guy checked that profile thing for richard it was kind of blurry but i think that the weight thing said 196 lbs but it could have said 198, i’m not sure just guessing ,but it doesn’t matter he is not too big or too scrawny i think that he is fine the way he is he is kind of built like a brickhouse.

22. Ocean says:

Kay, Stana was gorgeous and so lovely prior to her weight loss. Now, I’m with JerryTaz, it’s too much. And if cameras add 10 pounds…it’s waaay to much. Instead of loving the show when I watch it, I’m concerned for her.

Nathan, it’s just some lymphatic drainage massage in the face/TCM gua sha practices that’ll bring him back to Firefly beauty.

23. Andrea says:

Yeah, I kinda agree with those who say there’s been weight fluctuation on the show. Stana’s getting too skinny. Her face is too hallow. And Nathan HAS been gaining some weight. They’re still gorgeous, I’m just worried about their health.

24. Breanne says:

I agree with Andrea. And, holy crap!! Ocean, I completely forgot what they say about the camera adding ten pounds. Now I’m just scarred!!
    I have to say, if Stana’s doing it for the show (cause of Beckett’s health) then good for her commitment. She’ll probably bounce back between now and the January start up

25. King says:

Stana’s WAAAAYYY too skinny.
    Like a rail.
    Nathan’s been putting on the pounds.
    They need to swap diets for a while!!!!

26. ann says:

Nathan, share some of your fat with Stana. Then again, maybe not. She is absolutely too beautiful when she has a full face. That would make you look even worst. Even with her weight loss you are still out of her league.