Aisha Tyler Joins The Talk as Full-Time Host

The final piece of The Talk 2.0 is now in place.

Aisha Tyler has joined the CBS gabfest as a full-time co-host, our sister site Deadline.com reports.

The actress-comedian — who previously served as a guest co-host on the program — starts work Monday when she joins roundtable regulars Sara Gilbert, Julie Chen, Sharon Osbourne and fellow newbie Sheryl Underwood.

Tyler and Underwood fill the void left by ousted Talkers Leah Remini and Holly Robinson Peete.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: News

1. Shane says:

What happened to Molly Shannon?

• CJ says:

Molly was only intended as s temporary host. I doubt she would want to commit to it permanently.

• Cookieathome says:

ASS KISSER!!!!!! SHE’S ALWAYS SMILING IN J.CHEN’S FACE, EVERY TIME SHE SAYS SOMETHING SHES CHECKING TO SEE WHAT J CHEN’S RESPONSE IS DAMN HER AND THE SHOW!!!!!! REPRESENT the sisterhood you were born into rather than the one you aspire to and ALREADY deserve

2. Rolfe says:

I can barely deal with Sheryl Underwood. Was hoping she would be let go.

3. LG says:

They should rename this show Musical Chairs. No one sticks around long enough for the audience to get to know them. At least replace Julie Chen. As much as I wanted to like it, I think I’ll stick with The View.

• Bren says:

They should have kept Holly and Leah! What a joke that they kept Julie…..Big mistake~!~ I watched the new show once and said forgetaboutit! May watch once with Aisha but it they wanted a black face, they should have kept Holly! So, guess I’m stuck with the View.

• KathyKeef says:

Both my husband and I started watching The talk the very first episode and truly enjoyed the original 5 they were great together then we tune in one morning to two new people and it it just not the same not near as good. Would have been more understandable ha Julie said something about the two regulars that were replaced but to not say anything was just plane rude. Will try to continue watching because at least Sara,Sharon and Julie are still there and I am enjoying Sheryl and will give Aisha a chance but it will never be as good as the original 5 please bring back Leah and Holly.
        Your #1 fan for now Bill and Kathy Keef

4. ExBFF says:

Great hire. Aisha is spectacular. I may actually watch now!

Ps…i co-sign ditching the Chenbot.

5. adam says:

i watched the show last season, gave it a chance this season but underwood drove me away…i saw a couple of episodes with tyler and shannon and thought they would be the best full time hosts…underwood doesn’t do the trick…

6. Michael says:

They need to get rid of the Chen-bot. But it’s not gonna happen. She’s married to the guy that owns the network. She seems like such a control freak. No spontaneity with her on the show. Being back Molly Shannon.

7. Mark says:

I did not enjoy her as a guest cohost. Sad news. I do however like Sheryl. She’s funny.

8. ultimate troll says:

Love Aisha, hope she actually gets to talk. They can have Sharon Osbourne OR Sheryl Underwood…if they want a decent show both is too much.

9. ConnieC says:

I was enjoying the view las year. Specifically because 1) they didn’t talk all over eAch other 2) I love Leah and Holly and 3) they didn’t all have to be in on an interview. But since the show replaced Leah and holly, I just don’t have the same feel for the show. Just don’t understand why they felt the need to fix something that wasn’t broken. A very disappointed former fan.

• CJ says:

You mean The Talk, not The View right? :) I also enjoyed the show last season. To be honest it took me a few weeks to warm up to Leah… Thought she was too loud, sometimes to the point of being obnoxious. But she soon became one of my favorites. Since her and Holly were kicked to the curb I don’t think I have made it through one full show. Sometimes I make it about 10 minutes in and delete the rest. Something is missing that the original group had (or pretended to have). For me I think it’s the fact that a group of mothers that seemed to be friends outside of the show suddenly lose two of their own and they never mention it. Changes the whole feel of the show. Now it just seems like woman that don’t know each other talking about stuff, not really caring about what they really think.

• sandy says:

Julie Chen gets her jobs on CBS, because of her husband. He keeps her working. She likes to b in charge, and pretty much runs the Talk. I wouldn’t want to c the consequences, if someone on the show crosses Julie CBS!!

10. JR says:

I like Aisha Tyler, but they should have replaced Sheryl Underwood, she’s awful and makes me not want to watch the show. Molly Shannon was fine but didn’t seem very comfortable as a host.

11. DC says:

Seriously? I love Aisha but really? Are they trying to be a carbon copy of The View? Think about it…

12. Gforce says:

Ugh…I wanted Molly Shannon. She did a great job! Aisha didn’t impress me that much. I thought that she was kind of boring. Molly was more engaging and had better chemistry with the other hosts. Just my two cents.

13. Danielle Andre says:

They’ll never replace the Chen-bot since she’s married to the president of the network.

14. dane says:

I like Aisha.. but the show sucks sooo hard without Leah and Holly. Chen is the WORST.. Underwood is terrible.. Gilbert is ridiculous..

15. CJ says:

I love Aisha Tyler, but the show is a pretty big bore. The “we’re a bunch of gals who are great friends, so join us for our saucy gab about celebs and motherhood” schtick isn’t on. I don’t mind Sheryl Underwood (though I’ve always had the impression her ‘Republican-ness’ was a pose to get attention rather than a genuine political stance), and the others are fine, but Julie Chen is insufferable, and her position as first lady of the network gives her undue power. Barbara Walters earned her place; Julie Chen didn’t.

16. Nadine says:

I enjoyed The Talk last year, but for some reason I’m not watching often this new season. I did catch an ep with Aisha and I believe she’s a great addition. I was impressed they managed to group a fantastic bunch of hosts on their first try when they started, I guess they felt differently. I agree that Chen needs to go. Sara Gilbert is a little awkward but I enjoy her a lot.

17. Ally says:

Leah was the only thing this show had going for it. She seemed like the only one with any sense. I thought she and Sara Gilbert were friends, so it seemed silly that they didn’t even mention her ouster. I guess the Chenbot didn’t like Leah!

18. Amanda says:

I think Aisha fits but like many i don’t like Julie and really don’t like Underwood, she is too there too loud and obnoxious and interupts everyone.

19. Plum says:

Her death on Ghost Whisperer is a triple hankie sob fest that still gets me verklempt. Damn you Ion for rebroadcasting that last week! Aisha is a terrific comedienne and actress, we need more Aisha on TV.

20. jba says:

I like Aisha when she subbed but they should not have kept Underwood. I enjoyed Leah so much more than her and Leah helped to pull Sara out of her shell. Chen is the worst of the bunch, but she will never leave the show. I can take Sharon in small doses so having people sub for her works for me, but Underwood and Chen don’t.

21. jean says:

i watch the view,the chew and rachael ray they are the best.
    as far as the talk is concerned they can cancel it.

22. Annabelle says:

This show is terrible…it doesn’t matter who they bring in, and it will stay on the air because Julie Chen is married to the big man at CBS…ugh, bring back the soaps!!!!

23. Rod Simpson says:

please bring back Leah and Holly oust Sharon and replace her with Aisha.As for Julie leave her alone. I like her.

24. Melissa says:

Ok i Like Leah, this Sheryl is really awkward and hard to watch. i have always loved Aisha Tyler, so that is exciting.

25. CL says:

I continued to check “The Talk” to see if Leah and Holly had returned only to find out through this website that they are not.
    I like Sara and Sharon and could even tolerant Julie if Leah and Holly made up the fun and interesting group. Sheryl doesn’t fit and I wish Aisha Good Luck, but I’m done with “The Talk”
    I don’t agree with LG being stuck with “The View”. I like this show, very much, especially Whoopi and thought the two shows complimented each other as “Ladies Talk” even though they are on different networks

26. Laurel says:

I love Julie Chen. Girl Crush!! I enjoy Aisha Tyler and think she will be a welcome addition to the show. I did not like Holly at all and as much as I love Lea Remeni, I think her personality was too big for the show. Everyone on the Talk now seems to gel nicely.

27. carol davis says:

My comment is that the ladies, on the talk is fake . Ashia tlyer today talk about Gloria cain like she has no right, defend her husband. If was a white woman it would be diffrent. they all fake.

28. Christina Smiley says:

I really dont like the show now! it should just be off the air already!! bring back as the world turns or guiding light instead of this crap!

29. Joyce says:

I also feel she plays off what other
    hosts say & she does always look to Julie. She seems super fake!

30. Joyce says:

I agree! They dont seem to know what’s going on or care. Seem to
    just want to make sure they say SOMETHIN! Like they working to keep there spot. Act as if relationship over so as camera goes off. Julie & Aisha seem like competitors!

31. Joyce says:

I find myself watching to see if they are ever going to address the absence of Leah & Holly. Clearly they are not! Find myself trying to figure out the ‘angle’ of what’s interesting about “the talk” & what are they giving away today. The free stuff seems to be becoming the glue that holds at least some of the viewers to the show.

32. leslie brown says:

Aisha Tyler talks way too much, when she starts it’s like a non-stop button!! Totally don’t like. Underwood is ok but not a good fit for the show.

33. Denise Smith says:

Aisha never stops talking, she completely takes over EVERY topic. The should rename the show Aisha and friends. It’s all about her.

34. Marie says:

Aisha needs to slow down when talking. Sheryl should just exit the show. She is always looking in Chen’s face everytime she says something to get her approval. Her English is terrible. Did she really attend school? She acts like she has never seen a man in her life. All the jumping up and down is too tooo much. Less gums, more english classes!!!! Sarah is a lost cause. Always trying to get a dig in about women. Doesn’t she have a girl friend? She seems so desperate for any and everything. Even acceptance!