TVLine Items: Leah Remini's Post-Talk Gig, Grimm Pilot Preview, Horror Story Scoop and More!

An all Talk-ed out Leah Remini is returning to her sitcom roots.

The ousted Talk co-host has signed a talent deal with ABC to star in and produce a comedy series for next season, Deadline reports.

Remini starred opposite Kevin James on CBS’ The King of Queens for nine seasons before joining the daytime talk show circuit.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• NBC has released the first 20-or-so minutes of their fantastical dark drama Grimm (which premieres Friday, Oct. 28 at 9/8c). Preview it below, or follow Grimm on Twitter and receive a special code to watch the entire pilot now.

• FX’s American Horror Story has cast Kathleen Rose Perkins (Episodes) as the supportive pal of the Zachary Quinto’s character (who we’ll finally meet in the Oct. 26 installment), per EW.com.

• DirecTV’s Audience Network has picked up the rights to air the new Chloe Sevigny-starring thriller, Hit or Miss, beginning in 2012. The Big Love alumna plays Mia, a transgender contract killer who discovers that in a previous life she fathered several children.

EW.com has a first look at NBC’s recently revived Fear Factor, and it looks dangerously awesome. According to this reporter, the scariest challenge thus far is definitely having to shave your own head!

• Movie bigwig Michael Bay has signed on to exec produce Outsiders, an hourlong project for The CW. Per Variety, the drama centers on “a quirky sociology professor” and a young female detective solving crimes in Los Angeles.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. Michael Sacal says:

I can’t see that video, but I could see the preview and full episode of Once Upon A Time.

ABC 1, NBC 0

2. Chris says:

Michael Bay’s project on tv!! Bay on The CW!!!

3. Pam says:

So what is the difference between Once Upon a Time and Grimm? Is one darker than the other? That is honestly all I care about as I like my shows dark and twisty.

4. Kyle Andrews says:

If the CW wants a show about a young female detective solving crimes in Los Angeles, they should do everything in their power to get Veronica Mars back. I don’t need a quirky professor. I’d settle for a pasta cooking sheriff/father.

Yeah, the actors have moved on. Still… Everything. In. Their. Power.

5. Znachki says:

I loved the Grimm preview. Can’t wait.

6. Honestly, I love the concept of Grimm, pretty much liked the pilot, but I agree with Matt’s original assessment. There’s something about the lead that’s…vacant. Here’s hoping he “hones his craft” by episode 2 or else I fear for it’s staying power.

7. P.S. Will be SO EXCITED to have Leah Remini back. I was shocked when they kicked her off The Talk and have not watched one episode since.

• Kim R says:

I totally agree. I stopped watching The Talk as well. Not one episode. Am enjoying The Chew instead. :)

• CJ says:

Since they air at different times, it isn’t as if you have to choose between them.

• Kim R says:

Exactly! Which just amplifies the fact that I do not prefer The Talk regardless. :) I’m enjoying The Chew as my afternoon break show. I’m just taking my break an hour earlier.

8. Rebecca says:

I’ve been following Grimm on Twitter for around a week. No invitation to see the whole pilot yet, though.

I’m interested in the return of Fear Factor, since I liked the original version.

9. JJ says:

Given the high brown intelligent sitcoms as of late that have come out ABC I can’t see Leah Remini fitting into their brand of comedy unless paired with low brow Tim Allen fare. Remini was so out of alignment on The Talk monopolizing conversation with unfunny obnoxiousness she ousted herself in the process. Her abrasiveness is not a personality trait, it’s a mask to cover a lack of true comedic timing. Pair her with a comdian like on King of Queens and she’s the second banana token wife and she’s fine but give her the spotlight like on The Talk and see all her visible shortcomings. Send her to TV Land where she can craft a paint by numbers 80’s type sitcom in her unlikable Rhoda Wannabe persona (non grata).

• CJ says:

I disagree–I think she was trying too hard on The Talk to be the loud, outrageous one (which she was probably told was her role). As to her deal with ABC, I hope she cuts loose with a wild, loud role rather than playing a prim suburban mom with a lazy chauvinistic husband. She’d be great as a boozy, loud diva actress with an entourage who have to keep her out of trouble.

10. J says:

I’m not on twitter, but I would love to see the full pilot, as I’ve been looking forward to this show since I saw the trailer months ago. Any chance someone could post the code? If so, thanks!

11. clare says:

I am so psyched to see Leah in another sitcom. Still watch the King of Queens reruns on our local CW station.
    The Talk is tanking in the ratings in no small part because of the absence of Leah and Holly.
    Mr. and Mrs. CBS can stuff their stupid show. Leah and Holly will be better off away from them.
    I also have to say that Leah has excellent comic timing.

12. lilkunta says:

*Remini, best known for her starring role on the long-running CBS sitcom The King Of Queens, has been in demand for comedy series with a string of talent deals at a time when such deals have been few and far between. Last year, she had a development/talent holding deal with CBS and CBS Studios.

*Before that, Remini, repped by UTA and attorney Jon Moonves, spent a couple of years at ABC, where she also had a talent deal and starred in two comedy projects.
    nellie/deadline if this is true that leah is very much in demand, then since KOQ ended in may 2007, why did leah not get a job until The Talk 3yrs later in oct 2010? LR did do that webseries, but that was online.Why wasnt she been on any tv show as a guest star if she is so in demand?

So was she really in demand ?

• CJ says:

I’m not a Leah Remini expert, but I do remember seeing her on several talk shows talking about the baby she had, and also noticing she was taking a while to lose the weight she gained during her pregnancy. It isn’t unusual for actors who have plenty of money to take it easy for a few years just to spend time with their families.

13. Lisa says:

NBC is going to have to move Grimm to another day. I refuse to give up Supernatural & Fringe for Grimm on Friday.

14. Joni says:

Well, they got rid of Holly, ( the only one on “The Talk” that could speak intelligently!) The only reason Julie has 2 shows,and totally unqualified for both, is because she’s married to Mr. CBS. Sharon is a total ditz! Musta been smoking with Ozzie. The show is pathetic.