TV Trailer: Jeffrey Dean 'Big Daddy Winchester' Morgan Makes Magic In New Starz Series

Be you a fan of Supernatural, Grey’s Anatomy, early-era Weeds or, say, Watchmen, you’ll want to check out this first trailer for Magic City, Starz’s new retro drama fronted by Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

Starz Renews Kelsey Grammer’s Boss – Prior to Its Season 1 Premiere!

Set in Miami Beach circa 1959, Magic City stars Morgan as Ike Evans, a luxury hotel owner who in order to secure his dream begrudgingly gets in bed with mob boss Ben “The Butcher” Diamond (Danny Huston, Children of Men) — all while his former showgirl wife Vera (Olga Kurylenko, Quantum of Solace) remains blissfully unaware.

Magic City is set to premiere in spring of 2012 — think you’ll be tuning in?

1. heather_kaye says:

Looks good, and I do love JDMorgan…but it seems…I don’t know, a little Mad Men + Boardwalk Empire?

2. Dan says:

I originally planned on watching this show because I’m a Jeffrey Dean Morgan fan, but then I find out that Olga Kurylenko will also be on the show, I’m definitely in.

3. Irving says:

I miss him as john winchester! he was awesome. too bad he never went back. if i had the “Premium” channels i would totally watch this but since i don’t… Im still gonna watch this.

4. scott says:

I thought The Playboy Club got cancelled?

5. Mikaylah says:

Definitely excited to watch this! I love Jeffery Dean Morgan, or Papa Winchester as I will always know him. :)

6. jsw says:

Miami Confidential anyone? Looks terrific. It’s about time that JDMorgan gets his due. And this part seems to be the one who puts him in the spotlight. +Olga+Huston=I’m so gonna watch this one.

7. Davi says:

Good one Scott! I love a good retro drama, but this is feeling a little too retread retro for my tastes. Ooh sexy scandal in vintage threads!

Although, it would be a new twist if getting in bed with the mob boss was literally getting in bed with him. Why do all the ‘side dishes’ have to be women? Especially on a cable network.

• Danielle H says:

I really thought he was GOING to sleep w/ the mob boss, making this a gay conspiracy in the 60s type thing. I get the euphemism now.. I can be super literal at times LOL!!!

8. Pam says:

I LOVE Jeffery Dean Morgan and will watch him in anything. I even tolerated him on Grey’s Anatomy (no hate for the show but for the storyline).

9. Hoke says:

Big Daddy Winchester! lol totally gonna watch this haha

10. postman says:

looks good anything on stars is no holes bared so cant wait

11. TaMara says:

JDM in 60’s vintage threads? I’m there. Looks fun. Maybe it can fill the voic that Playboy Club and Pam Am have left with their not so inspiring shows.

12. louisfan says:

JDM, retro chic Miami Beach, AND Louis Prima??? I am THERE, baby.

13. RJEdwards says:

I’d watch JDM pick his nose but this definitely looks more entertaining.

14. Carla says:

Sure, why not? Story’s not really my thing, but I am absolutely in love with JDM ever since he was on Grey’s Anatomy. And people, please remember, the FIRST time he was there in season 2, it was hearbreaking and amazing.

15. D says:

I’ve always wanted JDM to get a flashback or dream sequence on Weeds, but this will do. Guy’s great in everything he’s in, even if this show’s premise seems a little Mad Menny.

Starz is slowly creeping out these new shows. I have them as a package deal with Encore and Showtime, but perhaps they can start convincing people to specifically subscribe to their programming.

16. ll raven says:

I may have to come up with the cash and get starz channel. I’ve been waiting for JDM to come back to tv. Just love him in everything!

17. Jude says:

I remember a friend going to see “P.S.I Love You” and the next day she said “if you think JDM has a gorgeous face…..just wait til you see his butt……..”And of course she was right!!! I understand we will see both sets of gorgeous dimpled cheeks in the first episode….Hmmm,
    wonder how much Starz costs per month???

But really, a great actor with an awesome presence. So nice to see him finally headline a show and be allowed to remain above-ground and breathing!