Vampire Diaries' Arielle Kebbel to Recur on 90210

The CW is getting back in business with Arielle Kebbel.

The Vampire Diaries alumna has landed a recurring gig on 90210, TVLine has confirmed. Kebbel will play Vanessa, a vivacious former bad girl who becomes romantically involved with one of the zip code’s leading men. (Anyone else putting their money on Liam?)

TVGuide.com first reported the casting news.

Exclusive: An Original 90210er Returns!

Keebel — who makes her 90210 debut in December — also previously recurred on the netlet’s unceremoniously axed Life Unexpected.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, News, Spoilers

1. Jimmy says:

I really dont like 90210 this year…I wish she could be brought back from the dead even though she was in like 2 episodes I <3 Lexi.

• Liz says:

I have all but given up on 90210 this year. I didn’t watch for several weeks and turned back in this week for Kellie Pickler and because Glee wasn’t on and kind of wished I hadn’t. It just annoyed me with that talent show where Naomi’s pathetic little magic beat out against Kellie Pickler. Unless 90210 brings back another Kelly, Jennie Garth; along with Shannen Doherty and other original 90210ers, I don’t think I will be watching anymore/. I wish Arielle Kebbel would have returned to The Vampire Diaries instead, it would be awesome to have a Lexi ghost right now on that show. She may have only been in 2 episodes, but she was awesome.

• Anon says:

Okay, Who was that again? And Am I supposed to watch 90210 because of her?

2. BRETT says:

90210</strong is so BORING this year. Bring back crazy Adriana! Every episode I watch, and after, I regret it. There is nothing to keep you interested, anymore. We need something like a murder mystery… Dixon, anyone?

3. Randy says:

I don’t know what are they talking about. This season is waaaay better than the previous ones! It’s funnier.

4. Tommy says:

I agree with Randy. 90210 has gotten better w each season.

5. Ty says:

Apparently Lexi is coming back as a ghost or s/t this season like everyone else

6. Jessica says:

I was really disapointed when they killed her on TVD… i liked her character a lot and saw potential. she could have been a love ineterest for damon for sure! Glad she’ll be on 90210 though!

7. Summer says:

I dropped 90210 after last season ended – it had just become way too ludicrous for me, and I lost interest in a lot of the characters. I may tune in for Arielle Kebbel, though. I love her.

• Greg says:

I agree with you about last season, but give this season a try. The show’s transition to college has actually done it some good, and it has become more enjoyable. Give it another chance I promise it won’t disappoint you.

8. dee123 says:

So can someone explain why she can recur but Teddy can’t?

• Ka'lel says:

Get over it! Teddy is gone, let some new people in! Just because he is gay, he is not interesting. His character is just boring…

9. Jamie says:

I loved her in “The Uninvited” and “The Vampire Diaries” but her appearance on LUX made me not want to see her in anything again.

@Dee123
    Because Teddy is his own character—they couldn’t accommodate having every character live in LA. She will recur as part of another regulars story.

10. Katie says:

Bring back Lexi for good! I loveddd her character on TVD.

• Courtney says:

I agree! I’m surprised they killed her off so early on in the series. If you read the books she’s such a big part of what Stefan had become and basically saved him from being “The Ripper”.

11. april-ann says:

I liked her on Gilmore Girls. Unfortunately though I have to echo the sentiments here about 90210 being lame.

12. Andre says:

i feel like these are signs that are supposed to tempt me to start watching again, but after they announced “a few actors won’t be back” and it turned out it was just Teddy, i gave it up.

13. Tee says:

I liked her on TVD, was sorry to see her killed off. But it would take a whole lot more than that to get me watching 90210 unfortunately.

14. Erin says:

I think her potential hook ups could be either Liam, Navid, or maybe Austin? Liam’s probably the most likely choice, but given the Navid/Silver tension, he may be 100% single soon, too.

15. Kim says:

I watched the 1st two or three episodes this season and then I’ve just TiVo’d them. I have 3 waiting to be watched. I think 90210 has been truly awful this season and I may not even watch it anymore!!!

16. Mark says:

this season if 90210 is boring. Last season was awesome and amazing! The characters are becoming really annoying and boring. Dixon and Navid must seriously get a decent storyline! The only good thing about the show is Adrianna. :|

17. Jessica says:

I hate to say this but I have a feeling Vanessa is after Liam. I want Vanessa going after Navid cause Navid is about time to get a new girlfriend. I want Annie & Liam back together forever. Lannie forever. But according to Spoilers they are before year end but gonna break up again cause I think it is because of Vanessa. Why do they have to do that to Annie & Liam? Can’t they hookup Navid & Vanessa? I want Lannie. Lannie always and forever. <3<3<3

18. Annonymous says:

Season 4 is getting a lot better now. I too thought it was boring in the beginning but I think the were building the story then. As for the hook up, I’m hoping for it to be Liam. The last time he had a proper girlfriend was Naomi. The Annie thing was a total mess. Does anyone know when Vanessa’s gonna come on the show?