TVLine Items: Horror Story Ratings Rise, Once Upon a Time Premiere Hits the Web and More!

FX’s American Horror Story — which graces the cover of this week’s Entertainment Weekly — is gaining some scary-good ratings momentum. Wednesday’s third episode, “Murder House,” built over Week 2 in all key measures and posted series highs in adults 18-34, men 18-34 and men 18-49. Meanwhile, FX will run a marathon of the first four episodes on, you guessed it, Halloween (a.k.a. Oct. 31).

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

ABC’s fantastical new drama Once Upon a Time premieres in just three days, but if you can’t possibly wait that long, you can watch the pilot in its entirety on IMDB.com. If you don’t have time to watch the whole shebang right now — or would just prefer to wait until Sunday’s big premiere — you can check out the first nine minutes below.

TV vet Mitch Pileggi has booked a trip to Dallas. The X-Files and Sons of Anarchy alum has landed a multi-episode arc on the upcoming TNT reboot, EW.com reports. Pileggi will play Harris Ryland, the owner of Ryland Trucking and Shipping, who is both an alpha male and the ex-husband of Brenda Strong’s Ann.

Heroes alum Milo Ventimiglia is stepping behind-the-scenes as an executive producer on a new FX dark comedy titled Drones. The potential series centers on drone pilots in Nevada who commute to war.

• Minnie Driver has signed a talent deal with ABC to star in a series next fall, per Deadline.

• The season premiere of Flashpoint, now airing on ION Television, delivered 1.3 million total viewers on Tuesday, with 600,000 of them falling into the 18-49 demo.

• MTV has announced the dates of their 2012 awards shows. The MTV Movie Awards will take place June 3, while the Video Music Awards are happening Sept. 9.

• NBC has renewed its adventure dating series Love in the Wild for a second season.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. DryedMangoez says:

Well, American Horror Story is still a un-fun mess, Mitch Pillegi is awesome, those look like the best numbers for ION since they were PAX and “Love in the Wild” is fine for summer filler.

2. Suzanne says:

Once Upon A time only available if you are in the US. Boo hiss to no love for the Great White North.

• Dessy says:

Um, no it isn’t. I’m in Nigeria and I just watched the whole thing.
      And good God it was fantastic! Beautiful to look at, Smart, Well Acted, Captivating!
      Without a doubt, after watching only 1 episode it is my favourite of all the new fall shows. I cannot wait for more!!

• Michael Sacal says:

I’m in Mexico and I was able to watch it. ABC is much friendlier to people outside the US than other networks.

• Amanda says:

I’m in Canada and Once Upon a Time worked fine for me. Looks great.

3. Me says:

I sat through a PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 3 screening last night and was wishing I was home watching AHS, something truly scary. Thank God for my DVR.

4. GK says:

American Horror Story definitely deserves the success. Its getting better with every episode and successfully creates a creepy atmosphere along with good a storyline. Watched Once Upon a Time on Imdb and it was great!! I hope this show succeeds.

5. Rebecca says:

Once Upon a Time looks really good! I’ll definitely be watching on Sunday. As for the video not being available outside the US, that sounds fair to me. It’s an American show. Do Canada, England, France, and other countries routinely allow foreign viewers online access to THEIR shows? No! Then why should we?

• davey says:

Thanks for the post Snarky McSnarkster. By the way – I don’t think you’d want to watch a Canadian show. Thye’re all pretty pathetic. That’s why we HAVE to watch American tv.

• Mosun says:

Lol.
        It’s actually available in some other countries.

• Rebecca says:

Well, the small amount of Canadian TV (Flashpoint, Rookie Blue, and a few other shows) that is broadcast in the US has really sucked, so either the Canadians are holding out on us or they’re just terrible at making decent TV shows. Either way, not my problem. :)

6. Joe says:

American horror story is amazing and its success is well deserved.

7. GeekGirl13 says:

Regarding Flashpoint, safe to assume those were GOOD numbers? I sincerely hope so, since this is one of my favorite shows and I really want ION to keep it around.

• Heather says:

They were better than what it was getting on CBS. Though I don’t know what CBS expected putting it on Friday nights during the summer. I think ION will keep it around – it’s such a great show!

• chris says:

the ratings were not better on ion than on cbs, it averaged right around six million viewers and a 1.5 in the 18-49 demographic this past summer and was higher before that

8. david says:

Thanks for the Flashpoint ratings on Ion. I hope thows are good ratings for the show. I really enjoyed the two episodes on Tuesday. I hope you continue to get the ratings for the show. And i really hope Ion keeps on showing it for awhile.

9. nat says:

Didn’t I see a ton of ads for this show on CTV or CTV2?

10. taelor says:

Dallas isn’t a reboot… It’s a canonical continuation, a revival.

11. Lisa says:

I just watched Once Upon a Time and I liked it. It’s great to see Robert Carlyle. However, I’m not so sure I like the second female lead, Jennifer Morrison who plays Emma Swan.

12. Mehvash says:

Just finished it and was pleasantly surprised at how well done this show was. Definitely added to my must watch list! I hope it does well..i’m a sucker for a good fairy tale or two..:)

13. miss scarlet says:

AHS needs to start giving the rest of us a clue about what’s going on in the house. I really want to like this show, but I really don’t want it to turn into “LOST: the horror story” where we all end up sitting there wondering “why did we watch this again?”