TVLine Items: Horror Story Ratings Rise, Once Upon a Time Premiere Hits the Web and More!
FX’s American Horror Story — which graces the cover of this week’s Entertainment Weekly — is gaining some scary-good ratings momentum. Wednesday’s third episode, “Murder House,” built over Week 2 in all key measures and posted series highs in adults 18-34, men 18-34 and men 18-49. Meanwhile, FX will run a marathon of the first four episodes on, you guessed it, Halloween (a.k.a. Oct. 31).
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• ABC’s fantastical new drama Once Upon a Time premieres in just three days, but if you can’t possibly wait that long, you can watch the pilot in its entirety on IMDB.com. If you don’t have time to watch the whole shebang right now — or would just prefer to wait until Sunday’s big premiere — you can check out the first nine minutes below.
• TV vet Mitch Pileggi has booked a trip to Dallas. The X-Files and Sons of Anarchy alum has landed a multi-episode arc on the upcoming TNT reboot, EW.com reports. Pileggi will play Harris Ryland, the owner of Ryland Trucking and Shipping, who is both an alpha male and the ex-husband of Brenda Strong’s Ann.
• Heroes alum Milo Ventimiglia is stepping behind-the-scenes as an executive producer on a new FX dark comedy titled Drones. The potential series centers on drone pilots in Nevada who commute to war.
• Minnie Driver has signed a talent deal with ABC to star in a series next fall, per Deadline.
• The season premiere of Flashpoint, now airing on ION Television, delivered 1.3 million total viewers on Tuesday, with 600,000 of them falling into the 18-49 demo.
• MTV has announced the dates of their 2012 awards shows. The MTV Movie Awards will take place June 3, while the Video Music Awards are happening Sept. 9.
• NBC has renewed its adventure dating series Love in the Wild for a second season.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?