Exclusive: Lifetime's Army Wives Enlists Soap Legend Susan Lucci For Arc

Erica Kane and Jenny Gardner, together again!

In her first post-All My Children role, Susan Lucci has landed a multi-episode arc on Army Wives opposite fellow Pine Valley alum Kim Delaney, sources confirm to TVLine exclusively.

The suds queen will play the wife of a retired general who gives Delany’s Claudia valuable advice on how to deal with a potential rival (played by Lie to Me‘s Kelli Williams).

Which All My Children Vet is Joining Young and the Restless?

Lucci will appear in at least two episodes during the Lifetime drama’s upcoming sixth season. Williams, meanwhile, is on board for at least seven episodes.

Her casting — and reunion with Delany — should provide some comfort to All My Children fans disappointed that Lucci opted out of continuing with the soap when it (presumably) relaunches online next year.

Comments (19)

• Not as excited about that as I am about Kelli Williams joining the cast!

Comment by Bobbi – October 20, 2011 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me either I dont care for her at all. In my opinion she is not a fit at all just a drama queen

Comment by doris webb – December 21, 2011 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We have seen way too much of Susan Lucci. She should never have been put on this show.

Comment by Nancy – April 24, 2012 07:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No, thank you.

Comment by april-ann – October 20, 2011 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU GUYS PULL THE PLUG ON ALL MY CHILDREN AND ONE LIFE TO LIVE ARE YOU GUYS WORKING FOR ABC TV NOW OR BRIAN FRONS THANKS ALT PROSPECT PARK HERE WE GO AGAIN MY DAD WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU JEFF AT PROSPECT PARK WILL YOU PLEASE WORK A DEAL WITH THESE SOAPS PLEASE JEFF JOHN AND HOWARD CAYLOR 253 9441742 LEE caylor AND JOHN CAYLOR

Comment by HOWARD AND JOHN CAYLOR – November 27, 2011 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome! Love Susan Lucci! I hope she still considers joining the online version of All My Children.

Comment by Carrie – October 20, 2011 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me to maybe it will get her off Army Wives

Comment by doris webb – December 21, 2011 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • when will s6 premiere?

Comment by t.t – October 20, 2011 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Only watched Army Wives the firt two season and gave up in season three. This might may be watch again.

Comment by Aud – October 20, 2011 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It would be wonderful if the powers that be and Susan Lucci would get some kind of agreement. She could appear online with AMC and there would be some deal getting her on prime time. It would help publicize AMC online and it would be nice to see one of the few true daytime soap stars stay true to their roots and not leave “daytime” or online I guess. Deidre Hall, Genie Francis, Michael E Knight, Tony Geary et al (those who were daytime stars first not people from movies or night time who moved to soap ie David Canary) all left daytime but Susan despite having opportunities (and I know for whatever reason people think she has no talent and no offers for night time but maybe not so much now she had a lot of offers not to mention Prime Time movies through NBC and ABC in particular with the majority in the top ten and all within the top twenty where she actually starred in them.

Despite criticisms, Lucci deserves a chance to do prime time and different roles or even, gulp, bring Erica Kane to night time in the guise of another character. She is one of the few actresses who will be type casted even though she has and can play other roles people who do the hiring will know and want Lucci to play Kane like. Sad but true. Lucci would be great on Desperate Housewives, heck even Glee or House or Beverly Hills 902010 or….better yet a sitcom. 2.5 men a new love interest or let both of the men fight over her as a cougar. Heck her own sitcom would be good too.

Comment by Skater Boy – October 20, 2011 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It should provide comfort but it doesn’t. If she doesn’t want to be on AMC then she should say so instead of turning the show down after her list of crazy demands weren’t met. What would give me comfort is hearing that more actors are joining AMC online.

Comment by JAmandaFan – October 20, 2011 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Truthfully, I think Susan Lucci has paid more than enough dues and that makes it okay in my book to ask for what she wants. Look, she’s created a legendary television character, and like her or not, her (and her character’s) name is synonymous with daytime television. That ought to mean something. I don’t watch Army Wives, but I will be tuning in to see Ms. Lucci during her arc on the show.

Comment by Mark – October 20, 2011 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Susan Lucci is still in talks with Prospect Park. Neither party has given an official statement regarding whether she is in or out of the online version of All My Children.

Comment by Heather – October 20, 2011 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well it’s going to be interesting to see how Susan behaves. This is Kim Delaney’s show and she is the Queen Bee there. Talk about role reversal. I’m just so glad that Susan is doing something.

Comment by Thom – October 20, 2011 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oddly enough despite Erica Kane being such a Diva Lucci has never been a diva. Very gracious, kind, cooperative, understated and modest. Sure people try to start rumours but the biggest sign of diva status anyone has seen has been her honesty about how and why AMC ended. Sadly it is true what she said. She has always treated others with respect; not putting down actors who were ‘big” nighttime stars in fact were big stars when she did her tv movies and she got star billing she still was easy going (ie. Mafia Princess she was gracious when Tony Curtis kept saying who is this actress). I would love to see her in a sitcom and still do AMC. She has great comedic timing as we have seen in several comedy shows. Yes she has paid her dues but life isn’t fair. I am glad she is still trying to work out things with Prospect Point. I wish Hot in Cleveland, 2.5 Men; Glee, How I met your mom, Desperate Housewives, or a new sitcom. If all these “young pretty” actresses are getting roles why shouldn’t a veteran be given a chance (okay a senior citizen who looks great).

I hope we will see more of her and people will give her a chance – i am for someone who has given so much to tv.

Comment by Skater Boy – October 20, 2011 11:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • seriously, BEST NEWS EVER!! I’m so thrilled for the mini-reunion, and to see Lucci on one of my favorite shows. FANTASTIC NEWS! I hope this helps her land more primetime roles <3 <3 <3

Comment by lipsticksocialism – October 21, 2011 01:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In my mind, this is Catherine Bell’s show as well… All these good looking older women ( no 20-somethings on this show except soldiers and one child… even the youngest wives are in their 30′s…) should draw more men… it’s already got the women..

Comment by Doug-H – October 21, 2011 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not happy about Susan joining not a fan of hers she should stay on soaps and not ruin a good show! Happy about the new season can’t wait to see what is in store for them!

Comment by Jessica – October 23, 2011 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen to that. We don’t need this drama at all. She is not like our women at all. Why was she even picked?

Comment by doris – December 21, 2011 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post