Army Wives Exclusive: Lie to Me's Kelli Williams to Recur as [Spoiler's] New Rival

A new war is about to break out on Army Wives.

Lie to Me‘s Kelli Williams is joining the Lifetime drama as a potential rival to Kim Delaney’s Claudia Joy.

Williams will play the recurring role of Jackie Clarke, the ambitious and well-educated spouse of a general who brings a whole new set of challenges to the wives — specifically Claudia Joy.

She’ll debut during the show’s forthcoming sixth season.

This marks Williams’ first significant TV gig since Lie to Me‘s cancellation last spring.

Comments (23)

• Williams is a great actress and should add something new to the series. Hopefully, she won’t be a one-note character like every other rival that’s come through the series.

Comment by Joan – October 20, 2011 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks Michael for the awesome news! By chance do u happen to have a date of when the new season actually begins? Thanks a bunch!!!

Comment by Ericka – October 20, 2011 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I second that….what date is the new season slated for!

Comment by Ella – October 20, 2011 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Good luck with that. I really don’t think he checks back. Makes me not want to comment on his articles.

Comment by april-ann – October 20, 2011 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Kelli Williams. I’ll watch anything she’s on.

Comment by Kristen – October 20, 2011 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me, too. Been a fan since The Practice. She was wasted on Men in Trees.

Comment by april-ann – October 20, 2011 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I absolutely cannot wait for this..
    I have waited for Kelli to have a substantial role after Lie to Me for AGES!!!!….

Comment by Honor – October 20, 2011 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Kelli Williams! Can’t wait to see this! A recurring role is super great! I wish she would get her own show!

Comment by Sarah – October 21, 2011 01:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love kelli but messing with my claudia joy is a no no!!!

Comment by renee – October 21, 2011 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Think they keep Kim Delaney sober long enough to get any filming done?

Comment by Manwithnodawg – October 21, 2011 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i dislike her already, but that’s probably because i LOVE claudia joy!

Comment by Ella – October 22, 2011 03:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know Ella. I love Claudia Joy and how she gets her point across. I do wish they would give her a break though. Poor thing if its not one thing, its another. But that real life also. I like it when CJ and MH “handle” things. I like all of them but they are my favorite Couple. I hate this is the last season, if it really is. Not sure if it was TV Guide or another publication said this was it. I hope it is not, but i fear it is. Just wonder how things will end. HMMMM . Guess I have to stay tuned. Darn it. :-)

Comment by beth – October 23, 2011 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show and can’t wait for the next season. I sure hope this will not be the lastyear.

Comment by peggy – October 24, 2011 10:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • do you know when the new season starts?

Comment by Eileena Gonzalez – October 27, 2011 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is the best show. Dont mess it up with susan bad move

Comment by lisa – October 27, 2011 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, the best show on the air. Please get Kelli off there, she will mess it up bad like everything she touches. It is a fun show not a mean one. People can relate to this show and look forward to it for the kindness it stands for. Put Kelli in there and the ratings are bound to go down.

Comment by bonnie – October 28, 2011 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love Army Wives …. do not love Susan Lucci … this show does not need a “teenager wannabee” to give it some life … it is the best show ever ….

Comment by Charlene – October 28, 2011 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I too would like to know the start of season 6. I am a loyal fan and would like to know the starting date.

Comment by window woman – November 1, 2011 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As an old past Army Wife (20 years) this is a great show. Of course it is much different now than it was ”then” I look forward to this show every week. I also hope this will not be the last year. I also have a daughter-in-law in Army National Guard.

Comment by Martha – November 3, 2011 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Army Wives :-)

Comment by Jane – December 13, 2011 06:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • if you kill off Claudia Joy you have just lost a viewer!!!

Comment by Janet Pastor – April 6, 2012 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can,t wait from Sunday to Sunday How can i do this it awful know TILL jUNE. i LOVE THIS SHOW don;t change theanything I feel that Im part of the show. Its killing me

Comment by Mary – May 20, 2012 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • is claudia joy dead??

Comment by helene scharaldi – September 20, 2012 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post