The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching Wednesday

On TV this Wednesday: The Fall Classic throws out its first pitch, the Liars scare up a flashback and Psych meets The Hangover, and more. As but a supplement to TVLine’s original features and reporting, here are 16 programs to keep on your radar.

7:30 pm World Series (Fox) | The Cardinals, with Chris Carpenter on the mound, host Game 1 against C.J. Wilson and the Rangers.

8 pm Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family) | This mid-hiatus “prequel” episode is set on the Halloween before Alison vanished, as a new girl in town challenges Alison’s Queen Bee status, Spencer faces losing her parents’ approval, and Aria learns something shocking about her father.

8 pm Nature (PBS) | The docuseries’ 30th season premiere takes a look at the wolves and other wildlife living in the remains of the Chernobyl reactor some 25 years after the historic nuclear accident.

8 pm Survivor: South Pacific (CBS) | Feeling betrayed by their tribe, one castaway reveals a potentially game-changing secret, while another player threatens to leave the game.

8 pm Up All Night (NBC) | Flashbacks take us back to Reagan and Chris learning they had a baby on the way, Chris’ decision to leave his job, and Ava’s struggle with her star employee’s maternity leave.

8 pm The Middle (ABC) | When their household literally starts to crumble, Frankie and Mike ponder a move to an apartment; Brick starts quoting the Bard.

8:30 pm Suburgatory (ABC) | Tessa savors the taste of big, bad city life when Sheila’s Shirley Temple doll collection gets stolen — but isn’t prepared for the consequences.

Gilles Marini Previews His Modern Family Visit, Hints at Switched at Birth ‘Skeletons’

9 pm Criminal Minds (CBS) | Rossi reconnects with his first wife (Homicide: Life on the Street‘s Isabella Hoffman), who has shocking news for him.

9 pm Harry’s Law (NBC) | Jason Alexander (Seinfeld) guest-stars as a biology teacher who claims he was fired for failing a student who didn’t buy into evolution.

9 pm NOVA (PBS) | “Finding Life Beyond Earth” uses super-powered telescopes to delve into the dicey question of “Are we alone?” Somewhere, Steven Spielberg is crossing his fingers.

9:30 pm Happy Endings (ABC) | Dave’s reluctant to introduce his new girlfriend (HawthoRNe‘s Noureen DeWulf) to the gang; Max’s limo helps Brad bond with his new boss.

CSI Exclusive: Grant Show Set for ‘Steamy Fling’ With Marg Helgenberger’s Catherine

10 pm Luther (BBC America) | The Season 2 finale finds Luther chasing a killer who chooses his victims by a roll of the dice — kinda like if Big Bang Theory‘s Sheldon went really dark.

10 pm CSI (CBS) | The team swings into action when a medevac helicopter carrying CSI Brody (Elisabeth Harnois) gets hijacked.

10 pm Psych (USA Network) | Shawn, Gus, Lassiter and Woody collectively have a killer hangover when they wake up from being drugged, set up as the culprits in a murder.

10 pm Revenge (ABC) | Lydia (Amber Valletta) plots — all together now — revenge! against Emily and the Graysons; Daniel, now wise to his weaselly pal Tyler’s scheming, ponders a life change.

10 pm American Horror Story (FX) | Tonight, you — and Vivien — will find out exactly why the Harmons can’t just pack up and leave. Similarly, you’ll get the story behind Moira’s attachment to the house.

What are you watching this Wednesday night?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. scooterbeanbag says:

ABC has the best Wednesday lineup. They really have a solid 3 hour lineup and should keep things just the way they are. Looking forward to Happy Endings and Suburgatory!

2. qeeee says:

It’s true ABC has the best Wednesday line-up i watch it all expect “The Middle”.

3. Ingmar says:

Criminal Minds followed by Revenge for me!

• tigersmurfette says:

me too!! loving revenge. cm, just watch it on reflex. not so good lately. gotta say, i’m missing mandy/gideon lately. maybe its cuz just did princess bride reunion.

4. Melanie says:

So glad Psych is back! This hangover episode is going to be an instant Psych-O classic!

5. Sourabh says:

ABC made Wednesdays one of the most watchable of the week. All we need now is Cougar Town to come back.

Also, Psych!

6. Dahlia says:

Whoa, did not know about the PLL episode–thanks for the heads up! I’m kinda meh about Wednesday nights, with the exception of Revenge, which I love, so this is an excellent and welcome surprise.

• ty says:

Dahlia, I don’t know if you watch any of the SyFy shows, but some of them have Christmas episodes. I know Warehouse 13 does. I am fairly positive that Eureka does. Not sure about the other shows.

7. fernando says:

Tonight will be the best night ever, my two favorite show on one night Pretty Little Liars and Revenge. Plus we also have Happy Engings and Up All Night and then there American Horror Story.

8. Marie says:

Just thinking of Woody being with Lassiter under the blanket on the couch just makes me chuckle already. Will be a fun Psych tonight.

• Tiffany says:

I’ve been seeing that since they started on-air promos this past summer, and it has still never failed to give me the giggles. “Calm down, Peaches. Come back to bed!”

9. Will says:

I watch only one show on wednesdays – American Horror Story! It is like a drug. I hope the show maintains the same level in writing and acting department all through the season.

10. Candice says:

Nothing good comes on until 9. Psych and Revenge. Yay

11. Snapy says:

Survivor. Modern Family. Revenge!

12. brandy says:

PLL, Revenge, Top model.

13. nitemar says:

Modern Family and American Horror Story. Revenge DVR. What a night!-nice. :)

14. Taylor says:

Pll, modern family, up all night, psych, and revenge. What a great night!

15. Joe says:

So excited for revenge! I might watch survivor but that creepy sex criminal Brandon Hantz is really hard to stomach.

• Re:Survivor says:

Survivor has had a lot of crazy contestants over the years but when they get soemone with honest to goodness mental illness like Brandon it’s just difficult to watch. Don’t they screen people?!

16. Lisa says:

I will be watching:
    The Middle
    Modern Family
    Ghost Hunters
    American Horror Story

17. Templar says:

Have to watch the beginning of the World Series only because Scotty McCreery is singing the National Anthem. Criminal Minds and Psych round out the evening.

18. echo says:

American Horror Story & Psych are ‘where it’s at’ for me tonight. I also got into Criminal Minds via reruns on several different channels, but because I know I’ll eventually catch the rerun, I seldom watch live.

19. Erika says:

Ugh I have to choose between the repeat of Ringer which I missed for the first time lat night due to the X-Factor being on versus the combo of Modern Family/Happy Endings.

20. Tiffany says:

My plan for now is to watch the World Series at least until Psych comes on–gotta support my Rangers! Once it’s time for Psych, I suppose I’ll have to decide between finishing the game and watching my favorite TV show. But other shows being recorded for tonight are Criminal Minds and ABC’s entire line-up, minus The Middle. I hadn’t realized before how much of ABC’s Wednesday line-up I watch. I’m a little surprised at myself, but it’s just that good!

21. Claudia says: