Ringer Exclusive: Mädchen Amick Cast as Siobhan's Estranged Friend

Once the Duchess of Gossip Girl‘s Upper East Side, Mädchen Amick is readying to revisit New York City — on The CW’s Ringer.

TVLine has learned exclusively that the versatile actress — who is arguably best known for her portrayal of Shelly Johnson on the cult classic, Twin Peaks — has landed a potentially recurring role on The CW’s freshman thriller.

Jason Dohring Discusses His Ringer Run

Amick will play Greer Sheridan, a “confident, sexy and strong-willed” socialite who once counted Siobhan (played by Sarah Michelle Gellar) as one of her closest friends. Unfortunately, a mysterious incident put a major strain on their relationship and Bridget (posing as her twin sister) makes it her mission to find out what went wrong when the two team up for a charity event.

Amick makes her debut in Episode 11.

Ringer Exclusive: Kris Polaha Sheds Light on the Big Murder Mystery

Amick’s other recent TV credits include White Collar, CSI: NY, Damages, Californication and the short-lived My Own Worst Enemy.

Comments (18)

Comment by goelectronstore – October 19, 2011 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She’s definitely outgrown her name–she should change it to Frau Amick.

Comment by CJ – October 20, 2011 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This just made me squee outloud. I adore Madchen Amick. Such a wonderful, beautiful actress. Can’t wait!

Comment by Summer – October 19, 2011 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey.. it’s the cougar from Gossip Girl. :>

Comment by Darius – October 19, 2011 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There have been so many.

Comment by ErixN – October 20, 2011 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Used to watch GG, she was good on it. Good casting! Get Tony Head as the twins father!

Comment by lorna – October 21, 2011 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome! Love her.

Comment by Sarah – October 19, 2011 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved her on Twin Peaks!

Comment by Snapy – October 19, 2011 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I always confuse her with Amber Valetta for some reason.

Comment by Captain – October 19, 2011 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I adore her…………..oh my twin peaks years lol……………….

Comment by daftpunkfan – October 19, 2011 11:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I nearly hyperventilated when I read that. The moment I began High School, I found out about her and that she, supposably, went to the same High School I did. two of my fave actresses(SMG and Madchen) on the same show, OMG so excited

Comment by BRJericho7 – October 20, 2011 02:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice addition to the show. Is anyone else glad Gemma is gone? LOL

Comment by Lisa – October 20, 2011 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i am. gemma was horrid.

Comment by lorna – October 21, 2011 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can she have scenes with Jason Dohring please ? The guy can bring chemistry with everybody and yeah she is older but he made it work with Charisma Carpenter so he can do it with Madchen Amick.. !

Comment by Lux Lisbon – October 20, 2011 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved her in Twin Peaks, but she hardly recognizable!

Comment by jennab – October 20, 2011 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Liked Madchen Amick in My Own Worst Enemy and CSI: NY, so this is good news, but I don’t want Gemma to be gone permanently. I think that her character’s spunky, and I’d like to know how she ended up with Henry in the first place. Gemma comes from money, probably had plenty of social connections, and yet she ended up with that drip of a weasel!

Comment by Andrea – October 20, 2011 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This should be good. I’m looking forward to delving into the more subtle mysteries of ‘Ringer’ and bringing on another character that had a role in Siobhan’s life before Bridget took it over seems like one way to do it. Read more of my thoughts on ‘Ringer’ by visiting http://www.tvmovielove.com.

Comment by Beth – October 21, 2011 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • madschen is genius and so pretty lady,i wish for madschen full of good fortune chanc ei hope to see madschen very soon in french tv, i miss you, i blessed you,big kisse sfrom france

Comment by marie-line – October 23, 2011 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post