Scoop: TV Land's Retired at 35 Adds Marissa Jaret Winokur as Series Regular

Get More: Casting News, Scoop

Marissa Jaret Winokur is re-entering the workforce with a gig on Retired at 35.

The Stacked actress has landed a series-regular role on the sophomore season of the TV Land comedy, TVLine has confirmed. Winkour is set to play a role described as the “bubbly” and “quick-witted” Amy Robins, the business-savvy but unlucky-in-love daughter of the show’s retirees (Jessica Walter and George Segal), and sister to Retired‘s leading man, David (Johnathan McClain).

Exclusive: Judith Light Joins TV Land’s The Exes

Winkour most recently co-hosted CBS’ The Talk before departing midway through its first season.

Comments (6)

• The show can definitely use her, but it could use a less-boring leading man more.

Comment by CJ – October 19, 2011 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have only watched the pilot of this show so I know this was originally played by Casey Wilson, but without the “bubbily” part.

Comment by Em – October 19, 2011 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thanks,
      I thought that I remembered a sister from the opening episode and I didn’t get the impression that she was “business savy”. I thought she was much younger – like a late teen or something.
      Is this supposed to be the same character.

Comment by J.Norman – October 19, 2011 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can not stand Marissa—-just lost one viewer…She sucks bib and i mean big time…

Comment by tony – October 19, 2011 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s the greatest–can’t wait to see her!!!!

Comment by Emma West – October 19, 2011 09:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the lead- just needs better writing

Comment by Lucille – October 20, 2011 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post