Ratings: NCIS and X Factor Lead Night, Ringer and Unforgettable Up, Last Man Standing Down

NCIS and a special Tuesday installment of The X Factor vied for bragging rights last night.

TV’s most-watched drama of course topped the night in total viewers (with 19 million), but had to settle for a tie with the Fox reality hit in the demo (with both shows scoring a 3.8).

Tuesday’s big gainers were CBS’ Unforgettable, flirting with 12 million viewers and up 9 percent to a 2.5 rating; The CW’s Ringer, now at 1.8 million viewers and up 14 percent to a 0.8 rating; and Body of Proof (9.5 mil/1.9), inching up a bit on both counts.

The X Factor‘s Top 16 Reveal: Who’s In? Who’s Out?

On the losing side, ABC’s Last Man Standing (10.2 million/3.0) dropped 23 and 17 percent from its strong premiere, while the freshman comedy Man Up (7.8 mil/2.4) let slip some 20 percent of its lead-in. (ABC notes that Man Up trounced The Biggest Loser in the 8:30 half hour, and was up versus what No Ordinary Family was doing in the time period a year ago.)

Elswehere on the night:

* The Biggest Loser (5.15 million total viewers and a 1.9 rating) shed a bit of its demo.

* Facing stiff competition, 90210 (1.44 mil/0.7) dipped 6 and 12 percent week-to-week.

* NCIS: Los Angeles (15.3 mil/3.3) held steady to lead the 9 o’clock hour in total audience, while the second half of X Factor out up a better demo rating (with a 4.0). The Dancing With the Stars results show (13.55 mil/2.6) plunged 20 percent week-to-week.

Dancing With the Stars: Did the Right Couple Go Home? (Michael Slezak Is Too Enraged to Answer!)

* At 10pm, Unforgettable led in viewers and in the demo, followed by Body of Proof. Parenthood (5 mil/2.0) was down a hair, but built on Biggest Loser‘s rating and edged out Body of Proof in the demo.

1. Snapy says:

Good to see Ringer’s ratings going up. It’s the best new show of the season and the only show I watch on Tuesdays. Increasing ratings is good news for a second season renewal!

2. Goldie says:

I’m SO glad to see Ringer improving in the ratings. I know we’re getting a whole season but I like it quite a bit and hope to see a season 2.

3. bob says:

smg deserves a bigger audience. ringer, which i thought had one of the most disappointing pilots this season, has steadily gotten better with each episode. i’m not saying it’s genius or anything, but it’s soapy, fun, and somewhat unique in the current tv landscape. the last few episodes have had me excited to see what’s next, which is what a tv show should be doing in order to gain/maintain viewership. i would dare to say that it’s the only new show this fall that has been able to do that successfully.

4. mandy says:

Apparently I am not the only one who stopped watching the biggest loser. It started to get annoying a couple of seasons ago when in every episodet the trainers made one of the contestants cry about something in their past.

5. cher says:

Loved NCIS last night. Gibbs and his ‘kids’ … too sweet.

• Templar says:

ITA NCIS was terrific last night. And Unforgettable continues to hold my interest. I skipped the rest.

• Tia says:

THIS! I had the warm fuzzies for hours after watching the closing scene. Plus bonus points for having Diane Neal in on the Gibbs-girl scheme! lol

• Heather says:

ITA! The Gibbs-Borin thing was so obvious, so I’m glad they went another way… And I totally teared up when Gibbs said “Goodnight, kid.” I love this show so much, lol!

• amanda says:

Yes! Team Gibbs! Wonder what is going on with Director Vance though. He seems to be walking the fine line of mystery these days. What do you say, Matt? Any insight to share pls?

• Alicia says:

Same! I love Gibbs’ fatherly relationship with his “Gibblets” :D those are some of the best scenes.
      And @amanda, I kinda suspect they might be preparing to off Vance (I sure hope so), he’s been director going on 4 years now, it’s about time for a new one.

• amanda says:

@Alicia, hmm you might be right. Vance as a character hasn’t been bringing much to the table lately anyhow, very abrasive and off in his own little world. 4 years makes him the longest running director. Sadly I can’t say that I will miss him either.

6. april-ann says:

Count me among those glad to see Ringer up in the ratings. Among so many things I love about it, I love that it’s unpredictable. Last night I was sure we’d see Gemma at the end, alive and well and with Siobhan in Paris. I thought that would be the episode’s shocker but that’s not what happened. Give this show a chance if you haven’t already. I don’t think you will be disappointed.

7. Lisa says:

Ringer gets more and more interesting. I look forward to it every week.

8. Alex says:

Parenthood beating Body Of Proof in the demo?! I approve! Such a good show.

9. Lisa says:

I really dig Last Man Standing. I love the stuff that comes out of his mouth – Very entertaining.

10. Lisa says:

I had no interest in watching Man Up.

11. echo says:

I’m also on board with Ringer and am glad to see the ratings going up. I hope more people will tune into this totally off the rails series because it’s soapy fun.

12. Richard says:

So…last week “90210” was up and it was a Teddy episode, and this week the numbers are down and no Teddy. Hmmm…

• fernando says:

Yay out of everyone I prefer to have him on the show, I would have tohught they would put Ivy as a guest because she isnt shown much this season either and she isnt that fun to watch.

• JC says:

When the final ratings came out later in the day, 90210 was adjusted up to 0.8, same as last week. There are almost always some shows adjusted up and others adjusted down, but TVline only posts the preliminary ratings, never the finals, giving readers an incomplete picture.

13. fernando says:

Im starting to get worry for Body Of Proofs it has great viewers but ratings are in the high 1’s could it be in danger Matt, please answer me if you can.

• nitemar says:

I started to watch bcs Dana Delaney, but she deserves better. The writing is not at its best lately, and the storyline with Megan and her ex and her boss is too much for me. Hope they improve it, otherwise it will get cancelled before late. Shame.

• Marcie says:

Body of Proof could be so much better. The writing is too dull and I also think the Megan/ex/boss situation is silly. The show seems to be lacking some sort of drive. Hope they fix it soon. Dana Delaney on tv is a good thing, just needs more to work with.

• ChrisGa says:

Yeah, it’s demo numbers are great but viewership-wise it’s one of ABC’s better performers I think. Have to say I agree though that the business with her boss and ex is getting old; I thought they had already resolved that a few issues ago which kinda makes me think they’re airing these episodes of out sequence from when they were actually shot.

14. david says:

how did Flashpoint on Ion TV do?

15. peggy says:

NCIS was awesome as usual and Last Man Standing wasn’t as funny as last wweek but I will still continue to watch.

16. kevin says:

Wanna see MAN UP get cancelled next week. Worst new sitcom of the year even worse than HOW TO BE A GENTLEMAN. PARENTHOOD still doing great this season as well as NCIS: LOS ANGELES ’cause this NCIS spin-off still keeps me dreamin’ on Daniela Ruah aka Kensi Blye. Can’t wait for next week’s Hawaii Five-O and NCIS: L.A. crossover episode.

17. Aidan Williams says:

I hope nothing bad happens to Last Man Standing i love watching Tim Allen and it is a great show.

18. Ant says:

How did flashpoint do on ion?

19. Dean says:

I’m happy for Ringer and Unforgettable. They are good shows. Man Up is possibly the worst sitcom this season! Hope it gets cancelled!