The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Tuesday

On your TV this Tuesday: ABC adds another testosterone-touting sitcom, Flashpoint returns and the Sons get in way over their heads. As but a supplement to TVLine’s original features and reporting, here are 11 programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm NCIS (CBS) | Somewhere amid this week’s search for a killer, Tony and McGee try to find the perfect woman for Gibbs — let’s hope they’re not the same person! Diane Neal reprises her role as CGIS Special Agent Abigail Borin, and 24 alum Shohreh Aghdashloo guest-stars.

8 pm The X Factor (Fox) | Part 3 of the visits to the judges’ homes ends with the reveal of the final 16.

8 pm Last Man Standing (ABC) | While attending Grandparents Day at Boyd’s pre-school, Mike (Tim Allen) manages to get the tyke expelled while Vanessa (Nancy Travis) realizes she needs a younger wardrobe. Hey, as long as she doesn’t take a cue from Adam Braverman.

8:30 pm Man Up! (ABC) | This new series follows three best buds — a family man (played by Reno 911‘s Mather Zickel), a divorcé (Tony winner Dan Fogler) and a jilted romantic (Coupling‘s Christopher Moynihan) — as they commit to regaining their manly-manness. Teri Polo (Meet the Parents), Amanda Detmer (Private Practice) and Henry Simmons (NYPD Blue) round out the adult cast.

90210‘s Jessica Lowndes Previews Adrianna’s Redemption (and Surprise Musical Comeback!)

9 pm Ringer (The CW) | “Shivet” wonders why she can’t seem to get in touch with Gemma, Juliet’s teacher (Veronica Mars‘ Jason Dohring; watch video here) rescues her from a bully, and Agent Machado looks into Malcolm’s disappearance.

9 pm NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS) | Sam’s most prized possession is stolen. An autographed Ridikolus CD?

9 pm Scream Awards 2011 (Spike, VH1) | True Blood hunks and Games of Thrones scene-stealers are among this year’s winners.

Body of Proof Exclusive: Battlestar Galactica‘s Jamie Bamber to Romance Dana Delany

10 pm Flashpoint (ION) | The Canadian production and onetime CBS Friday staple returns with new episodes at a new home, on ION. The first fresh episode out of the gate revolves around a passenger jet hijacked by terrorists.

10 pm Parenthood (NBC) | Adam and Crosby prepare to woo Cee Le Green, Zeke plants doubts in Julia’s head, and Mark does that thing that guys do when their girlfriend’s ex proves to be a handful.

10 pm Body of Proof (ABC) | In the wake of a house fire, Megan spars with the arson investigators while Peter is rattled by the death of one person he didn’t save.

10 pm Unforgettable (CBS) | This is the episode Poppy Montgomery told us about a few weeks back, where a personal setback for Al has Carrie debating how “there” to be there for her old flame — ‘specially since he has a girlfriend and all.

10 pm Sons of Anarchy (FX) | The “death threat” against Tara puts everyone — including the sheriff — on guard, as tensions rise between SAMCRO, Romeo’s gang and an unexpected adversary. It all leads to the shocking call for a vote and a very dark closing scene.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Tiva4Life says:

Thanks ! can’t wait for NCIS.

2. Heather says:

YAY, FlashPoint’s back!! Thank you for recognizing this amazing show!

3. Cinders says:

What? A part 3 of the visit of the judges’ home on X Factor? Talk about long and drawn out. I didn’t watch Part 1 or Par 2, so I guess I am going to skip this too.

4. Tiva4Life says:

I just went straight to read about NCIS but, you twitted about Jason Dohring O_O how could I miss it! don’t know though if going to watch Ringer is like the american version from a spanish soap opera “La Usurpadora” ( ) & I already now what happens at the end and too I gave up on the CW after Smallville final episode aired.

5. XaR says:

Ringer!!!!! Can’t wait!!!

6. Lynn says:

So glad Flashpoint is back! And so glad you mentioned it! Yay!

7. Templar says:

NCIS, TBBT reruns on TBS then Unforgettable.

8. Joe says:

It’s a good night for idiots with three solid hours of CBS procedurals.

9. Alana says:

Without New Girl and Raising Hope Tuesday night is a TV wasteland.

10. Rebecca says:

Ringer, of course, but I also want to see who makes top 16 on The X Factor and I have to watch Man Up since it’s a new show.

Actually, the whole group of Parenthood/Body of Proof/Unforgettable at 10 looks intriguing.

11. AT says:

I’ll definitely be watching Ringer. I can’t wait to see Jason Dohring in his new role. He was awesome in Veronica Mars and Moonlight.

12. Brenna says:

NCIS and Sons!!! love my tuesdays :) cant wait to see that “dark” ending

13. Nadine says:

I don’t have CW, but I’ll catch Ringer for sure on the net, or when it plays in Canada on Friday. Thanks for mentionning the excellent Body of Proof!

14. Brianna says:

I’m so glad to see Flashpoint on your list of worth watching this week! You make this Sergio Di Zio (Spike) fan very proud!

15. Erika says:

Watching live
    X-Factor 7-9 Yes I agree 2 hours is too long for this episode, but I’m too invested in way too many of the contestants to not watch this.

I’ll flash back to DWTS results and hope that someone not named JR, Ricki, David, or Rob gets eliminated

I’ll watch Ringer online. Bummer since I’ve watched every episode live but baseball has gotten some of my shows all jumbled up.

16. Sourabh says:

The Scream Awards of 2010 were my favorite awards ceremony of that year. Game Of Thrones winning awards almost makes certain it will come out on top this year too.

17. Kate says:

There is a problem with the date on tonight’s Flashpoint. It is a new episode, filmed this summer, but the date that it’s coming up as is the date Flashpoint’s pilot aired on CBS.

18. allie says:

is it just me or are the tins of Anthony Bourdain and scruffy Brad Pitt in that picture?

19. Lisa says:

Buffy (LOGO)
    Bones (TNT)
    Last Man Standing

20. Lisa says:

Have absolutely no interest in watching Man Up

21. kevin says:

PARENTHOOD tonight but with Charlie’s Angels canceled, I’m not so sure on whether Minka kelly makes a return to the series as Gaby and hopefully has a score to settle involving the whole Crosby-Jasmine fiasco and I hope MAN UP is destined to be canceled shorly after its debut ’cause it could end up with CBS’ worst new show of the year HOW TO BE A GENTLEMAN.

22. fernando says:

90210, Ringer, and Body of Proof and DVR Parenthood.

23. david says:

Last man Standing, Ringer, Parenthood, and Flashpoint for me tonight

24. Amber says:

So Sons of Anarchy is going to end with an even darker scene than it did last week when Jax threw a woman up against a mirror when her back was turned, thus breaking her nose, and then spitting on her and calling her a wh–e? Cuz that was pretty dark, and extremely upsetting to me. Here is our hero, ladies and gentleman, beating up a woman. What a big man he is. The misogynistic behavior on that show is extremely upsetting, and I also believe it is a very dangerous thing to air on television. Fx needs to be sent a message that violence towards women is not okay to be portrayed in such a frequent and casual manner on their channel. There is nothing a woman can do that would make them deserve to be treated in a manner where men break their noses, punch them in the faces, or commit gun violence against them. Sons of Anarchy should not portray characters and situations where the “heros”, or “anti-heros” if you want to use that word, find that behavior acceptable. And TVLine should stop writing articles about the show and effectively boycott it if Sons continues to do this. That is all.

• Baltar says:

So, it’s ok for them to be gun (and now coke) dealers and killers, but they can’t hit a woman ? Don’t be stupid, it’s FICTION. None of these guys is supposed to be a role model. It’s a show about an outlaw club, there’s violence, a bit of racism, a bit of mysoginism.