Exclusive

The Good Wife Exclusive: Amy Sedaris Joins Cast as Eli Gold's [Spoiler]

Ready for Politicos With Candy? TVLine has learned exclusively that funny lady Amy Sedaris has booked a multi-episode arc on CBS’ brilliant Sunday-night drama The Good Wife as Stacie Hall, a new lobbyist who competes directly with Eli Gold (Emmy nominee Alan Cumming), and starts poaching his clients.

“We love Amy. We sometimes have dreams of switching all the actors from The Wire and Strangers With Candy,” said Good Wife co-creators/executive producers Robert and Michelle King in a statement to TVLine. “The next best thing is to have Amy playing Eli Gold’s nemesis.”

Excited to see Sedaris and Cumming on screen together? Share your thoughts in the comments!

1. Allison says:

RIDICULOUSLY excited for this casting news! Amy and Alan going toe-to-toe is going to be fantastic to watch. And I think “multi-episode arc” might be my favorite part of this blurb. Anything that keeps Amy Sedaris on my tv is a good thing.

• Cindy says:

LOVE The Good Wife. Like Amy but not for The Good Wife – doesn’t fit. I also changed the channel when Martha Plimpton’s annoying character was on.
      Writers – please find a way to get Alicia and Kalinda to make up.

2. Mikki says:

Amy sedaris is awesome! Im late to the good wife party but im loving it and amy just seals the deal!

3. matt says:

Another actor from one of the funniest shows joins The Good Wife! First Martha Plimpton and now Amy Sedaris…both from Raising Hope!

4. Chris says:

So excited! Although I think Amy needs her own show…especially one where she gets to be funny and bake (yes I said bake…her baked goods are quite famous in NY)

5. Alicia says:

This is gonna be AMAZING! I love Amy and hope this character has some humor to her; it’d be a shame if they made her just a “serious” nemesis.
    That said, I’m a little tired of all the plotting and conniving Eli has been up to, and he needs to stop whispering in Kalinda’s ear. What makes him think he can trust her or that she’s even on the same page as him.
    Also, it’s going on 5 episodes and there hasn’t even been a proper conversation between Alicia and Kalinda–TRAVESTY OF THE HIGHEST ORDER. Their friendship is/was the best thing about the show and now they can barely look at each other. The Kings are trying my patience…

6. Kira J says:

This is fantastic news. I love her.

7. Ellen says:

I love it that this show isn’t afraid to add Class A supporting actors to its powerhouse cast. It just makes it better for us viewers.

• Jessica says:

Not only top notch guest actors, but usually for multi-episode arcs. I love that because it allows the characters to develop in some depth and have a real impact.

8. seattlemary says:

Another brilliant casting choice! I can’t wait to see it.

9. Alex says:

This will be great television but can we start a BRING BACK SOFIA (KELLI GIDDISH) campaign!!

10. grumpiestoldman says:

She’s great! Much better guest star than that transvestite from Ally McBeal they had on last week.

11. Nicole says:

I have never wanted a guest star to be made a regular character so badly. Amy is amazing and having her lock horns with Eli is the best possible use of her. I hope she sticks around long term!

12. CJ says:

It sounds like a good casting announcement. The only worry I have is that there might be a chance of the show spreading itself too thin. The show already has enough plot threads for 2 or 3 shows.

13. Ruth Jones says:

I recorded 3 episodes of TGW and found all three of them were off
    the clock. I missed 30 or more minutes each week. That sucks.
    Is this because of football? It isn’t right. Where can I see the 10/2 and 10/9 shows? I was able to see the 10/16 show just now 10/19.

14. Steve Mullen says:

Are you sure about this?

Amy seems about exactly opposite of The Good Wife.

15. Ro says:

I’m super pumped. The Good Wife is already the perfect combination of people from all over the TV-verse. Psyched to get Sedaris into the mix too!