Breaking: A&E Renews The Glades for Season 3

A&E’s The Glades, having grown its audience during its sophomore run, has been renewed for Season 3, the cabler announced on Tuesday.

The cop drama’s third cycle will premiere in summer 2012.

Exclusive: A&E’s Breakout Kings Abducts Roswell‘s Jason Behr

With Live+7 DVR playback factored in, Season 2 of The Glades averaged 3.9 million total weekly viewers, with 1.6 million of ‘em landing in the coveted 18-49 demo (up 12 percent from the show’s freshman run).

A&E Orders Stephen King’s Bag of Bones Mini-Series

Starring Matt Passmore, The Glades is one of A&E’s three original scripted dramas. The others are Breakout Kings (already picked up for Season 2) and Longmire, a new series starring Robert Taylor (The Matrix), Katee Sackhoff (Battlestar Galactica), Cassidy Freeman (Smallville), Bailey Chase (Saving Grace) and Lou Diamond Phillips, and to debut in 2012.

1. Martina says:

Hadn’t heard about it either until Netflix!

2. chess says:

I just found this jewel (The Glades) on Netflix. I remember stumbling onto it oneday, but couldn’t remember the channel. I hope they do better advertisement than SYFY did for my beloved Eureka. I really like this show. I am only on Season 2 but based on the comments I can’t wait to view Season 2.

3. Pamela says:

I look forward to The Glades ! It’s so much fun and I like looking at Matt . It doesn’t even matter what he’s saying. Just as long as he’s on the screen . Callie who? LOL! I’m just saying. Right Ladies?

4. dory says:

In response to Pamela: I think the ladies will all agree that Jim is a hunky however I think some would like a little more than that. I also found it a little off putting that you had to insult another character. Callie who? Her name is Kiele Sanchez and has 2nd billing on the show. That pesky 1st amendment allows everyone to express their views and I respect your right to do so. Just saying.

5. Maria says:

I am so excited to know “The Glades” is coming back!!!!! I faithfully watch it. Shows like this one is why you hate to see the season end. It always seem like forever until the new season begines. Thanks A&E !!!

6. Maggie says:

I don’t believe it. Finally, a TV show that I really like is going to be renewed. At least A&E has good sense in selecting shows that the viewers want! Other channels seem to introduce a show, get people involved with the characters and plots, then drop the show seemingly without a good reason.

7. Cindie says:

Can’t wait for the 3rd season, great show and the star is very sexy..Keep it coming!

8. Travis says:

Naomi Watts and Sam Worthington are from the UK and Russell Crowe is from New Zealand. But it is nice to see Passmore doing well.

9. Jay says:

Definitely one of the best shows ever! So glad it’s returning for a 3rd season!

10. jan says:

What a wonderful decision … Jim is just gorgeous, Callie is a perfect mate…
    Most importantly, the show delivers a police drama with a lot of humor … Lord knows, we all need that!!! THANKS!

11. Andi says:

Love Love this show!!!!! I love Jim!

12. sharp says:

Awesome! Great show A&E!!! KEEP IT UP!

13. Marge says:

I agree with all the positives. Love the show, and especially Matt Passmore. I also agree that I wish it were on longer, and I wish the DVD for season 2 would be issued…I give them as gifts. And as for the demographics, here is an 84 year old who thinks it is the best thing on TV. Please bring on season 3!

14. Jennie says:

Listen up A&E. This 78 yr old female can’t wait for the 2012 season to watch the glades!!. I LOVE this show.!!! Why no reruns.???? I can certainly do without anymore reruns of Law & Order.

• deidre says:

you tell em Jennie. My Nana is a young 79 and she drools over jim cries over the troubles of Callie and would cheerfully strangle Sam if she could. I don’t know what their scheduling is all about but I hope you and Nana get all the Glades you want. the best.

15. Marcko says:

Can’t wait for 3rd season. I got nervous last year when Jim’s ex from Chicago showed up. I kept thinking Come on , Jim, don’t let her screw you over again! Callie’s the one and even her son idolizes you.

• deidre says:

I got nervous when I saw she couldn’t act and wondered how she got the part.

• Marcko says:

Ha! Ha! Good point!

• deidre says:

Hello again Marcko. Just read an article in tv guide.April 9 “How to save your favorite show”. The Glades has been saved. Thanks. I never really thought that the execs read our messages but posted to hear different opinions from the fans. Seems they do but it doesn’t carry as much weight as if theres an upside to it,financially and creatively promising. Could this have to do with the 10 episodes If you are not interested please excuse the intrusion. See you in season3.

• Marcko says:

Of course everything has to do with $$$$ they make. I was selected to do Nielsen and I assume that also still has an impact or they wouldn’t bother with it.
          One of the great things about The Glades is that it is actually filmed in Florida unlike shows that take a few shots there and film the rest in California. You can fake a lot of places in Ca. but not the Everglades.

• deidre says:

Thanks for response. There are so many good things about it. I guess we all know that everything is the bottom line. The upside is they did get renewed. I’ll take the 10 episodes. Its a great Sunday night watch and pretty much all I watch. I have recently tuned in to Breakout Kings.Looks promising. Deidre

16. deidre says:

there is no question in my mind,reading the blogs and message boards that a majority want Jim & Callie together. I hope they progress just a little more slowly. Some preferred Sam and that’s why we’re here to express different views. When I get a little overboard I try to remember, these are just characers we view 1 night a week for 10 wks.

17. B Ray says:

Can’t wait. I like Matt Passmore’s smartass attitude.

• Deidre says:

B Ray. I say horrah for his smart ass attitude. Too many of us spend our lives caring what others think. For me its part of his appeal. Among other things. THX DEE

18. doris murray says:

In all fairness I have to say I did not watch a lot of season 2. A friend suggested I could get the gist on the film clips. I did and WOW. Callie was really east of a rock and west of a hard place. Sam was sure the winner great job and Jim’s broken heart. Again. I did see the last few episodes with the lame attempt to get Callie and Jim back together. Jim, through the series never told Callie he loved her or uses any term of endearment. My friend said he did with Sam. Then they wrote Callie as calling him “the love of her life”. What an ego trip. The actors seemed to have a hard time acting together. Hope it was not personal or artistic differences. I feel they will pull it together.

19. Karen says:

Love the show!

20. doris murray says:

A lot of these posts are quite old. I suppose by now fans have seen what’s coming up on season 3. Another woman!!!!! This one is really beautiful and can act. Any reaction?

21. Deidre says:

Just came on to read the comments.Although some go back aways I enjoyed the really positive posts. Will anyone who saw season 1 forget the kiss in the season finale? It sizzled through the cable wires and exploded into our tv rooms. Hope they get back on track in season 3.

22. JG says:

I LOVE this show. I stumbled across it on Netflix and couldn’t get enough. I’ve watched all of seasons 1&2 and as much of 3 as I can as fast as I could. I hate that there are only 10 episodes this season. This show is fresh and gives a new spin to the cop dramas while adding a love that we all can appreciate. Not sure how I feel about Ms Jennifer but Jim seems to be committed to Callie. Curious to see how this season ends up. Wish it could last forever!

23. Deidre says:

Twice burned season 4 shy. It just hasn’t been good. They are breaking up Jim & Callie. Looks like they will blame her.

24. Winnie says:

Good grief doesn’t this writer have any plots up his sleeve except to keep Callie and JIm from getting together. What’s with all the tall dark ladies having to do with this otherwise excellent show. If it’s not figured out pretty soon, I so frustrated I am going to stop watching the Glades.

• Dory says:

Good Grief is spot on Winnie. I didn’t mind the BC as much as SS. We had a group of 5 who watched it together. I,m now on my own I still watch because I love the Callie character some fans still find it painful to view Gibtown and addicted to love. Her character ruined season 2 and really lost fans for Jim. They still have the #’s to renew. Of course losing a few fans is a drop in the bucket. Just reminded of this on another post. Had to vent. I’ll watch season 4. “hope springs eternal”.

25. Paula says:

love this show, Matt Passmore is an aussie like me, grew up an hour from where i live on the beautiful gold coast great to see an aussie doing so well in the states

26. fletkn says:

my husband and I found The Glades on Netflix and have started watching season 1 and now into season 2 almost every night. I LOVE this show and hope it can run as long as some of the other popular shows such as Friends or Frazier did. It is a show I am not afraid to have my young grandchildren watch with us. I just read where season 3 did start in the summer of 2012 and will hopefully catch that on Netflix again. It is just so refreshing to see a lighter detective mystery plus a little romance thrown into the plot in each episode. Hopefully Callie will not be so on again off again towards Jim as in the past. (poor Jim) So far we have watched episode 18 and hope to watch as many more episodes as the producers will give us.

27. Dory says:

Anyone know who Matt is dating. Heard a rumor.

28. Dory says:

? Does anyone know who Matt Passmore is dating. There is a rumor. Of course he;s a virile good looking man who can date anyone he wants. It just might clear up ?’s I still have on the season 2 mess. Thx.

29. Dory says:

The tragic events in Conn this am makes our gripes and complaints seem small. 60 mile NE from my home and business. Thanks to Matt Passmore for his twitter with condolences.

30. Dory says:

After reading several times references to the Carl Hiaasen novels i got a couple in my Christmas stocking. Wet your pants funny. He should consult on Glades or anything about Florida.

31. I really like this show and all the characters. It is charming and a bit comedic along with the solving of a crime. Please don’t take it off for some idiotic reality show!!!! Also, so many of these really good shows have short exposure and people get annoyed waiting so long for them to come back on. Whatever executive thought this idea up is overpaid and undereducated in what viewers want or like!

32. Dory says:

When Jim leaves a scene it is reminiscent to Mike Landon & Merlin Ohlsen walking toward the mercantile in overalls. Oh Boy

33. Dory says:

RATS! Watched Castle last eve. Wanted to see Taylor Cole. Saw beginning. Fell asleep. Catch up in my business is a b….. Not many opinions yet but I hope I can catch the rerun. That aside really great show. Glad Jen didn,t take JIm from Callie. Looks like a great lineup for 2013. Maybe will finally get some good entertainment for my humongous cable bill. Look forward to Glades, Longmire and Castle. Glad they’re on different time schedules.

34. Dory says:

Of course people are entitled to their own opinion. Just looked at some photos of Kiele. Anyone who thinks SS compares with her should do so. Of course she isn’t unattractive. They are not going to give Jim an ugly “love of his life”. In my opinion she isn’t as photogenic, can’t act and was a real nervous Nelli on the glades. In the future if some Big Scapone gets a hitch in his britches and brings in someone to take Jim from Callie get someone who can act. Been with this show 3 seasons would love to see some resolution to Jim & Callie. To be a little dramatic there is a mystic to these 2 characters. Just perfect casting,seem to like each other in real life. Get the show on th road and Good luck to the whole wonderful original cast.

• Dory says:

Sorry for my poor spelling I meant mystique. No excuse in my business I do a lot of writing. Guess I get a little careless sometimes THX.

35. Dory says:

N’sow we know a little about season 4, But I’ll bet those little dickens have a few more surprises up their sleeves. Had an opportunity to see Hollywood. {layover so limited} Being a NYer I don’t shock easily. Great latino food, beautiful women, hunky men, breathtaking scenery. A few Hollywood Joe’s with young double D’s. Believe me they don’t care if they’re real. Crammed in alot. Had to leave for fun in the sun. Overall positive. 2 words young and money.

36. John menapace says:

Been watching since the very beginning very best show I’ve ever seen

37. John menapace says:

Longmire a good show everybody should be watching that too

38. Dory says:

I find it just wonderful that some of the dramas are bringing on some mature actors. They are all so good looking and to me the acting is most important. One can be handsome or gorgeous but if one can’t act it affects the show adversely. These are most competent actors.

39. Dory says:

Most of the above comments are encouraging and the negatives have every right to their opinions. I do however believe that some of the really nasty comments wee brought about by the very bad treatment of the Callie character in season 2. Jim treated her like something you wipe off your shoes while an incompetent actress got a lot of praise. Face it guys she stunk. The writers wrote Callie as a whiny jealous person while Jim was fawning over his exlover. Did he have every right? Of course. But the writers should consider not that they can but if they should. I realize this show is B List but the actors (IMO) have the potential to be a lot more.

40. sami hogan says:

Do not cancel Glades…. my husband and I both really enjoy this show.

41. Dory says:

All questions get answered in time.

42. patty foster says:

love love love the show. he is so cute and so funny. good writing too. I hate to have to say this, but Callie and jim together not so good. actually, its Kali is the problem. shes not a very good actress. I see absolutely no chemistry between the two. Jim tries hard but its not there
    Patty

43. patty foster says:

Please get rid of Cali. I see no chemistry between them AT ALL. But I love love love the show! Good job A&E

44. craig burdo says:

I love this show!!!

45. Jackie says:

That is the truth. I am also 65, and I absolutely love this show. I love Matt Passmore, but also love the other characters as well. Love it because it’s fun and serious all at the same time. Also have this very soft spot in my heart for Florida.

46. Sarah says:

But why just summer? This is one of the very few shows my husband and I enjoy watching together. We love this show! Other than this I do not watch A&E’s other dramas, so lame.

47. Sarah says:

Or was it that Jim was Callie’s rebound? I really hope they keep Jim and Callie together. I really like this show, but that relationship is an important aspect, imho. Carlos is great, too. I’m glad they show him as being a good father/husband. I’m so tired of writers/producers sabotaging married couples/families.

Rant over, love this show, can hardly wait for the new season.

48. dory says:

Thank you Sarah for pointing out that I could have been mistaken. I usually read articles carefully and the way it was worded and the way Jim treated Callie in season 2 it made sense. Never the less my opinion on CC remains and I agree with your assessment on writers producers and definitely directors. I have tried to find the article to reread but can’t locate it .I will keep looking. Busy life you know. It was very kind of you to make your point without ridicule. I also like the character of Carlos. As your probably have guessed I’m kind of a rookie at posting. See you season 3.

49. linda says:

I AM VERY EXCITED TO HEAR THE GLADE IS RETURNING THIS SUMMER. I LOVE THIS SHOW. HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE AROUND FOR A LONG TIME.

50. aeokie2 says:

Thank you have just pre-ordered Glades season 2 from Amonzon.com; and as it is one of the best shows on the air will order all seasons as they come out.

This is a great show and I am looking forward to season three.
    Thank you again for renewing Glades.

51. Ellie says:

Thank you so much for renewing this show. It is my very favorite and if i think I am going to miss it for any reason I set my DVR to tape it. Actually I tape all of them so I can rewatch them whenever. MY very fav was the one where Jim and Callie finally get together. That made me so happy. Thanks again.

52. Dory says:

Nice that you so much enjoyed Jim . Let;s hope Callies’ reunion. Let’s hope Toiletta is gone for good. They did kind of leave it open.

53. Dory says:

Nice that you so much enjoyed Jim and Callies’ reunion. Let’s hope Toiletta is gone for good. They did kind of leave it open.