Breaking: A&E Renews The Glades for Season 3

A&E’s The Glades, having grown its audience during its sophomore run, has been renewed for Season 3, the cabler announced on Tuesday.

The cop drama’s third cycle will premiere in summer 2012.

Exclusive: A&E’s Breakout Kings Abducts Roswell‘s Jason Behr

With Live+7 DVR playback factored in, Season 2 of The Glades averaged 3.9 million total weekly viewers, with 1.6 million of ‘em landing in the coveted 18-49 demo (up 12 percent from the show’s freshman run).

A&E Orders Stephen King’s Bag of Bones Mini-Series

Starring Matt Passmore, The Glades is one of A&E’s three original scripted dramas. The others are Breakout Kings (already picked up for Season 2) and Longmire, a new series starring Robert Taylor (The Matrix), Katee Sackhoff (Battlestar Galactica), Cassidy Freeman (Smallville), Bailey Chase (Saving Grace) and Lou Diamond Phillips, and to debut in 2012.

Tags: ,

Comments (123)

• Hadn’t heard about it either until Netflix!

Comment by Martina – January 8, 2012 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just found this jewel (The Glades) on Netflix. I remember stumbling onto it oneday, but couldn’t remember the channel. I hope they do better advertisement than SYFY did for my beloved Eureka. I really like this show. I am only on Season 2 but based on the comments I can’t wait to view Season 2.

Comment by chess – January 10, 2012 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I look forward to The Glades ! It’s so much fun and I like looking at Matt . It doesn’t even matter what he’s saying. Just as long as he’s on the screen . Callie who? LOL! I’m just saying. Right Ladies?

Comment by Pamela – January 12, 2012 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In response to Pamela: I think the ladies will all agree that Jim is a hunky however I think some would like a little more than that. I also found it a little off putting that you had to insult another character. Callie who? Her name is Kiele Sanchez and has 2nd billing on the show. That pesky 1st amendment allows everyone to express their views and I respect your right to do so. Just saying.

Comment by dory – January 13, 2012 06:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so excited to know “The Glades” is coming back!!!!! I faithfully watch it. Shows like this one is why you hate to see the season end. It always seem like forever until the new season begines. Thanks A&E !!!

Comment by Maria – January 17, 2012 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t believe it. Finally, a TV show that I really like is going to be renewed. At least A&E has good sense in selecting shows that the viewers want! Other channels seem to introduce a show, get people involved with the characters and plots, then drop the show seemingly without a good reason.

Comment by Maggie – January 19, 2012 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for the 3rd season, great show and the star is very sexy..Keep it coming!

Comment by Cindie – February 3, 2012 10:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Naomi Watts and Sam Worthington are from the UK and Russell Crowe is from New Zealand. But it is nice to see Passmore doing well.

Comment by Travis – February 7, 2012 12:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely one of the best shows ever! So glad it’s returning for a 3rd season!

Comment by Jay – February 10, 2012 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What a wonderful decision … Jim is just gorgeous, Callie is a perfect mate…
    Most importantly, the show delivers a police drama with a lot of humor … Lord knows, we all need that!!! THANKS!

Comment by jan – February 21, 2012 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Love this show!!!!! I love Jim!

Comment by Andi – March 11, 2012 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome! Great show A&E!!! KEEP IT UP!

Comment by sharp – March 19, 2012 04:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with all the positives. Love the show, and especially Matt Passmore. I also agree that I wish it were on longer, and I wish the DVD for season 2 would be issued…I give them as gifts. And as for the demographics, here is an 84 year old who thinks it is the best thing on TV. Please bring on season 3!

Comment by Marge – March 20, 2012 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Listen up A&E. This 78 yr old female can’t wait for the 2012 season to watch the glades!!. I LOVE this show.!!! Why no reruns.???? I can certainly do without anymore reruns of Law & Order.

Comment by Jennie – April 1, 2012 01:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you tell em Jennie. My Nana is a young 79 and she drools over jim cries over the troubles of Callie and would cheerfully strangle Sam if she could. I don’t know what their scheduling is all about but I hope you and Nana get all the Glades you want. the best.

Comment by deidre – April 3, 2012 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for 3rd season. I got nervous last year when Jim’s ex from Chicago showed up. I kept thinking Come on , Jim, don’t let her screw you over again! Callie’s the one and even her son idolizes you.

Comment by Marcko – April 2, 2012 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I got nervous when I saw she couldn’t act and wondered how she got the part.

Comment by deidre – April 3, 2012 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ha! Ha! Good point!

Comment by Marcko – April 3, 2012 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hello again Marcko. Just read an article in tv guide.April 9 “How to save your favorite show”. The Glades has been saved. Thanks. I never really thought that the execs read our messages but posted to hear different opinions from the fans. Seems they do but it doesn’t carry as much weight as if theres an upside to it,financially and creatively promising. Could this have to do with the 10 episodes If you are not interested please excuse the intrusion. See you in season3.

Comment by deidre – April 10, 2012 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Of course everything has to do with $$$$ they make. I was selected to do Nielsen and I assume that also still has an impact or they wouldn’t bother with it.
          One of the great things about The Glades is that it is actually filmed in Florida unlike shows that take a few shots there and film the rest in California. You can fake a lot of places in Ca. but not the Everglades.

Comment by Marcko – April 10, 2012 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Thanks for response. There are so many good things about it. I guess we all know that everything is the bottom line. The upside is they did get renewed. I’ll take the 10 episodes. Its a great Sunday night watch and pretty much all I watch. I have recently tuned in to Breakout Kings.Looks promising. Deidre

Comment by deidre – April 11, 2012 06:10 AM PDT
  • there is no question in my mind,reading the blogs and message boards that a majority want Jim & Callie together. I hope they progress just a little more slowly. Some preferred Sam and that’s why we’re here to express different views. When I get a little overboard I try to remember, these are just characers we view 1 night a week for 10 wks.

Comment by deidre – April 12, 2012 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait. I like Matt Passmore’s smartass attitude.

Comment by B Ray – April 15, 2012 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • B Ray. I say horrah for his smart ass attitude. Too many of us spend our lives caring what others think. For me its part of his appeal. Among other things. THX DEE

Comment by Deidre – April 16, 2012 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In all fairness I have to say I did not watch a lot of season 2. A friend suggested I could get the gist on the film clips. I did and WOW. Callie was really east of a rock and west of a hard place. Sam was sure the winner great job and Jim’s broken heart. Again. I did see the last few episodes with the lame attempt to get Callie and Jim back together. Jim, through the series never told Callie he loved her or uses any term of endearment. My friend said he did with Sam. Then they wrote Callie as calling him “the love of her life”. What an ego trip. The actors seemed to have a hard time acting together. Hope it was not personal or artistic differences. I feel they will pull it together.

Comment by doris murray – April 21, 2012 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show!

Comment by Karen – April 28, 2012 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A lot of these posts are quite old. I suppose by now fans have seen what’s coming up on season 3. Another woman!!!!! This one is really beautiful and can act. Any reaction?

Comment by doris murray – April 28, 2012 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just came on to read the comments.Although some go back aways I enjoyed the really positive posts. Will anyone who saw season 1 forget the kiss in the season finale? It sizzled through the cable wires and exploded into our tv rooms. Hope they get back on track in season 3.

Comment by Deidre – July 10, 2012 09:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE this show. I stumbled across it on Netflix and couldn’t get enough. I’ve watched all of seasons 1&2 and as much of 3 as I can as fast as I could. I hate that there are only 10 episodes this season. This show is fresh and gives a new spin to the cop dramas while adding a love that we all can appreciate. Not sure how I feel about Ms Jennifer but Jim seems to be committed to Callie. Curious to see how this season ends up. Wish it could last forever!

Comment by JG – July 20, 2012 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Twice burned season 4 shy. It just hasn’t been good. They are breaking up Jim & Callie. Looks like they will blame her.

Comment by Deidre – August 3, 2012 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good grief doesn’t this writer have any plots up his sleeve except to keep Callie and JIm from getting together. What’s with all the tall dark ladies having to do with this otherwise excellent show. If it’s not figured out pretty soon, I so frustrated I am going to stop watching the Glades.

Comment by Winnie – August 13, 2012 02:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Good Grief is spot on Winnie. I didn’t mind the BC as much as SS. We had a group of 5 who watched it together. I,m now on my own I still watch because I love the Callie character some fans still find it painful to view Gibtown and addicted to love. Her character ruined season 2 and really lost fans for Jim. They still have the #’s to renew. Of course losing a few fans is a drop in the bucket. Just reminded of this on another post. Had to vent. I’ll watch season 4. “hope springs eternal”.

Comment by Dory – January 17, 2013 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love this show, Matt Passmore is an aussie like me, grew up an hour from where i live on the beautiful gold coast great to see an aussie doing so well in the states

Comment by Paula – August 13, 2012 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I forgot about that. Aussies play Americans so well. Simon Baker is another good example.

Comment by Zammo – August 13, 2012 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • my husband and I found The Glades on Netflix and have started watching season 1 and now into season 2 almost every night. I LOVE this show and hope it can run as long as some of the other popular shows such as Friends or Frazier did. It is a show I am not afraid to have my young grandchildren watch with us. I just read where season 3 did start in the summer of 2012 and will hopefully catch that on Netflix again. It is just so refreshing to see a lighter detective mystery plus a little romance thrown into the plot in each episode. Hopefully Callie will not be so on again off again towards Jim as in the past. (poor Jim) So far we have watched episode 18 and hope to watch as many more episodes as the producers will give us.

Comment by fletkn – September 7, 2012 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone know who Matt is dating. Heard a rumor.

Comment by Dory – December 9, 2012 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ? Does anyone know who Matt Passmore is dating. There is a rumor. Of course he;s a virile good looking man who can date anyone he wants. It just might clear up ?’s I still have on the season 2 mess. Thx.

Comment by Dory – December 13, 2012 06:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The tragic events in Conn this am makes our gripes and complaints seem small. 60 mile NE from my home and business. Thanks to Matt Passmore for his twitter with condolences.

Comment by Dory – December 14, 2012 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After reading several times references to the Carl Hiaasen novels i got a couple in my Christmas stocking. Wet your pants funny. He should consult on Glades or anything about Florida.

Comment by Dory – January 6, 2013 12:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like this show and all the characters. It is charming and a bit comedic along with the solving of a crime. Please don’t take it off for some idiotic reality show!!!! Also, so many of these really good shows have short exposure and people get annoyed waiting so long for them to come back on. Whatever executive thought this idea up is overpaid and undereducated in what viewers want or like!

Comment by Pamela Eilrich – January 6, 2013 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When Jim leaves a scene it is reminiscent to Mike Landon & Merlin Ohlsen walking toward the mercantile in overalls. Oh Boy

Comment by Dory – January 13, 2013 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • RATS! Watched Castle last eve. Wanted to see Taylor Cole. Saw beginning. Fell asleep. Catch up in my business is a b….. Not many opinions yet but I hope I can catch the rerun. That aside really great show. Glad Jen didn,t take JIm from Callie. Looks like a great lineup for 2013. Maybe will finally get some good entertainment for my humongous cable bill. Look forward to Glades, Longmire and Castle. Glad they’re on different time schedules.

Comment by Dory – January 15, 2013 03:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of course people are entitled to their own opinion. Just looked at some photos of Kiele. Anyone who thinks SS compares with her should do so. Of course she isn’t unattractive. They are not going to give Jim an ugly “love of his life”. In my opinion she isn’t as photogenic, can’t act and was a real nervous Nelli on the glades. In the future if some Big Scapone gets a hitch in his britches and brings in someone to take Jim from Callie get someone who can act. Been with this show 3 seasons would love to see some resolution to Jim & Callie. To be a little dramatic there is a mystic to these 2 characters. Just perfect casting,seem to like each other in real life. Get the show on th road and Good luck to the whole wonderful original cast.

Comment by Dory – January 23, 2013 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sorry for my poor spelling I meant mystique. No excuse in my business I do a lot of writing. Guess I get a little careless sometimes THX.

Comment by Dory – January 23, 2013 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • N’sow we know a little about season 4, But I’ll bet those little dickens have a few more surprises up their sleeves. Had an opportunity to see Hollywood. {layover so limited} Being a NYer I don’t shock easily. Great latino food, beautiful women, hunky men, breathtaking scenery. A few Hollywood Joe’s with young double D’s. Believe me they don’t care if they’re real. Crammed in alot. Had to leave for fun in the sun. Overall positive. 2 words young and money.

Comment by Dory – February 9, 2013 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Been watching since the very beginning very best show I’ve ever seen

Comment by John menapace – February 16, 2013 02:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Longmire a good show everybody should be watching that too

Comment by John menapace – February 16, 2013 02:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I find it just wonderful that some of the dramas are bringing on some mature actors. They are all so good looking and to me the acting is most important. One can be handsome or gorgeous but if one can’t act it affects the show adversely. These are most competent actors.

Comment by Dory – February 26, 2013 06:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Most of the above comments are encouraging and the negatives have every right to their opinions. I do however believe that some of the really nasty comments wee brought about by the very bad treatment of the Callie character in season 2. Jim treated her like something you wipe off your shoes while an incompetent actress got a lot of praise. Face it guys she stunk. The writers wrote Callie as a whiny jealous person while Jim was fawning over his exlover. Did he have every right? Of course. But the writers should consider not that they can but if they should. I realize this show is B List but the actors (IMO) have the potential to be a lot more.

Comment by Dory – February 28, 2013 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do not cancel Glades…. my husband and I both really enjoy this show.

Comment by sami hogan – March 14, 2013 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All questions get answered in time.

Comment by Dory – March 17, 2013 06:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love love love the show. he is so cute and so funny. good writing too. I hate to have to say this, but Callie and jim together not so good. actually, its Kali is the problem. shes not a very good actress. I see absolutely no chemistry between the two. Jim tries hard but its not there
    Patty

Comment by patty foster – May 15, 2013 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please get rid of Cali. I see no chemistry between them AT ALL. But I love love love the show! Good job A&E

Comment by patty foster – May 15, 2013 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show!!!

Comment by craig burdo – June 20, 2013 10:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That is the truth. I am also 65, and I absolutely love this show. I love Matt Passmore, but also love the other characters as well. Love it because it’s fun and serious all at the same time. Also have this very soft spot in my heart for Florida.

Comment by Jackie – January 11, 2012 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • But why just summer? This is one of the very few shows my husband and I enjoy watching together. We love this show! Other than this I do not watch A&E’s other dramas, so lame.

Comment by Sarah – January 29, 2012 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Or was it that Jim was Callie’s rebound? I really hope they keep Jim and Callie together. I really like this show, but that relationship is an important aspect, imho. Carlos is great, too. I’m glad they show him as being a good father/husband. I’m so tired of writers/producers sabotaging married couples/families.

Rant over, love this show, can hardly wait for the new season.

Comment by Sarah – January 29, 2012 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you Sarah for pointing out that I could have been mistaken. I usually read articles carefully and the way it was worded and the way Jim treated Callie in season 2 it made sense. Never the less my opinion on CC remains and I agree with your assessment on writers producers and definitely directors. I have tried to find the article to reread but can’t locate it .I will keep looking. Busy life you know. It was very kind of you to make your point without ridicule. I also like the character of Carlos. As your probably have guessed I’m kind of a rookie at posting. See you season 3.

Comment by dory – January 29, 2012 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I AM VERY EXCITED TO HEAR THE GLADE IS RETURNING THIS SUMMER. I LOVE THIS SHOW. HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE AROUND FOR A LONG TIME.

Comment by linda – February 6, 2012 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you have just pre-ordered Glades season 2 from Amonzon.com; and as it is one of the best shows on the air will order all seasons as they come out.

This is a great show and I am looking forward to season three.
    Thank you again for renewing Glades.

Comment by aeokie2 – February 13, 2012 09:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you so much for renewing this show. It is my very favorite and if i think I am going to miss it for any reason I set my DVR to tape it. Actually I tape all of them so I can rewatch them whenever. MY very fav was the one where Jim and Callie finally get together. That made me so happy. Thanks again.

Comment by Ellie – February 15, 2012 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice that you so much enjoyed Jim . Let;s hope Callies’ reunion. Let’s hope Toiletta is gone for good. They did kind of leave it open.

Comment by Dory – December 11, 2012 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice that you so much enjoyed Jim and Callies’ reunion. Let’s hope Toiletta is gone for good. They did kind of leave it open.

Comment by Dory – December 11, 2012 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post