Breaking: A&E Renews The Glades for Season 3

A&E’s The Glades, having grown its audience during its sophomore run, has been renewed for Season 3, the cabler announced on Tuesday.

The cop drama’s third cycle will premiere in summer 2012.

Exclusive: A&E’s Breakout Kings Abducts Roswell‘s Jason Behr

With Live+7 DVR playback factored in, Season 2 of The Glades averaged 3.9 million total weekly viewers, with 1.6 million of ‘em landing in the coveted 18-49 demo (up 12 percent from the show’s freshman run).

A&E Orders Stephen King’s Bag of Bones Mini-Series

Starring Matt Passmore, The Glades is one of A&E’s three original scripted dramas. The others are Breakout Kings (already picked up for Season 2) and Longmire, a new series starring Robert Taylor (The Matrix), Katee Sackhoff (Battlestar Galactica), Cassidy Freeman (Smallville), Bailey Chase (Saving Grace) and Lou Diamond Phillips, and to debut in 2012.

Tags: ,

Comments (123)

• meh. that shows okay. hopefully they’ll up the production value a bit…

Comment by kyle – October 18, 2011 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • wasnt the glades on USA before?

Comment by carli – March 31, 2012 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glades is one of my “Guilty Pleasures”
    A tad corny, but fun non the less.

Comment by Alienate – October 18, 2011 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s AWESOME! I really like this show :-)

Comment by evelyn – October 18, 2011 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!!

Comment by Angelkitten – October 18, 2011 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show! Very excited it will be back. It’s light and fun–perfect for a Sunday evening.

Comment by Zilly – October 18, 2011 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am very glad to hear THE GLADES will be back next summer. I have really enjoyed the show.

Comment by Suzanne – October 18, 2011 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really love this show especially the romance between Jim and Callie.

Matt Passmore is fantastic!

Thank you to A & E.

Comment by Linda – October 18, 2011 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yay! i love Jim & Callie too. Cannot wait for season 3 to begin. Yes, i am rushing to get to summer.. not looking forward to the winter in the Northeast.

Comment by rebecca – October 18, 2011 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Same here! I love Jim and Callie and I am so glad they are finally resolving the issues with her husband! That was starting to be a drag with Callie’s wishy-washy attitude but still one of my favorites. My 14-year old grandson absolutely loves the show.

Comment by carolinagirl – January 1, 2012 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome!!! I love Glades – and I love seeing an Aussie doing well in the states!!

Comment by Erin – October 18, 2011 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah…cause that’s a rarity these days.

Russell Crowe, Hugh Jackman, Nicole Kidman, Geoffrey Rush, Cate Blanchett, Naomi Watts, Heath Ledger, Anthony LaPalgia, Simon Baker, Sam Worthington, Abby Cornish, Liam Hemsworth, Chris Hemsworth, Guy Pearce, Joel Edgerton etc…

Good point.

Comment by jj – October 18, 2011 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Really? Was that a necessary comment? They just said they love it not that it was rare.

Comment by Just Me – October 18, 2011 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • jj is half an idiot; hence, his/her moronic comment.

Comment by Tania – October 18, 2011 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I FLOVE THIS SHOW! It is one of the only TV programs my husband and I watch together. The actors are superb and the writing is always twisty and entertaining. So happy!

Comment by Kristena – October 18, 2011 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hooray! Love The Glades and Matt Passmore.

Comment by Gretchen – October 18, 2011 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! Just the other day I was thinking about this news; hoping it would get renewed.

I enjoy this show a lot. And I love Matt Passmore & Kiele Sanchez together!

Plus this show films @ my hometown of Ft. Lauderdale, FL. I support that they actually film in FL instead of ‘fake FL’ in LA (I’m looking at you Dexter).
    I love that about Burn Notice too! It films entirely in South Florida.

Comment by Eliza – October 18, 2011 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • dont forget csi miami not filming in miami

Comment by brutus – October 18, 2011 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love The Glades! I always make sure to watch it. It has just the right amount of heart mixed in with crime procedural.

Comment by Mikaylah – October 18, 2011 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hooray!!!!

Comment by Anna – October 18, 2011 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great! I really do like this show! However, am I the only one who doesn’t like Jim with Callie? She just became so whiney! They need to write her better next season. Just my opinion.

Comment by Steph – October 18, 2011 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes there is. Jim doesn’t like her as witnessed by the latter part of season 2. They couldn’t even act together.

Comment by deidre – March 20, 2012 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I love Matt Passmore and Kiele Sanchez! This show is a great summer watch! :)

Comment by K_Frem – October 18, 2011 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woo hoo!!!

Comment by Lorie – October 18, 2011 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad To See A&E Came To Their Good Senses Renewal of Season 3 Of The Glades.See U Soon Matt..mwaah

Comment by Marge – October 18, 2011 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOO HOO! So excited. I look forward to my Summer Shows!

Comment by Dijea – October 18, 2011 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, btw, I also enjoy The Glades. I missed the first season as I came into it late. Fun, light summer watch. :)

Comment by Tania – October 18, 2011 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • can’t wait for summer and the glades to begin again!!!just love the chemistry between jim and callie– hope nothing comes between the two–let’s just have an in-love couple work and live and get through life together like some of the rest of us!!!!!!

Comment by lorrie – October 19, 2011 05:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show. Maybe we could get her father from Married to the Kellys, Sam Anderson, to guest on the show. He was also one of her fellow castaways on Lost, so we could go for the trifecta!

Comment by Doris – October 19, 2011 06:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is one of my very favorite shows. I’d never heard of Matt before The Glades and wonder why he hasn’t made it to American TV before now. I’m hoping the season opener will satisfy all of us with the first scene being the morning after they walked into Jim’s house together!!! I think most of us have been waiting 2 long years for them to get together.

Comment by Kat – October 19, 2011 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I love this show! It’s one of my absolute favorites.

Comment by Bella – October 19, 2011 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad to hear this. Love this show. There are so many shows to choose from during this summer now, it is great!!

Comment by Spikesgrl – October 19, 2011 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s about time! We really enjoy watching this show and (I) especially enjoy Matt Passmore! Hope they make his romantic interest less annoying in upcoming season because so far she’s lied, been closed off and generally treated him like dirt!

Comment by suzyku – October 20, 2011 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • great show. when can we expect it can’t wait.

Comment by sully – October 21, 2011 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AWESOME!Can’t wait for season 3!

Comment by capedda – October 21, 2011 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad the show is coming back. I just hate to have to wait until next summer. It was mentioned that the show’s key demographics was 18 to 49. Well, I’m here to tell you this 65 year old loves this show. There are too many reality shows and we need more shows liked this for me.

Comment by Suzanne – October 24, 2011 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • soooo glad it has been renewed. Cannot wait for its return !!!! great cast.

Comment by mary – October 28, 2011 10:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was thrilled to see that there will be a Season 3 of The Glades! Love Matt Passmore and all the actors in this show. They all have really great chemistry. Also, I never even heard of this show until I came across Season 1 in Netflix and watched that. Then I bought Season 2 on Amazon and just finished that! Sooo looking forward to Season 3!!

Comment by seraphimrose – October 30, 2011 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABOUT TIME A&E DID SOMETHING RIGHT WOOOO HOOOOO!!! YESSSSSSSSS

Comment by Katia – October 31, 2011 12:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with Suzanne as I am also 65 and love the show. I also agree with Suzyku about how Callie treated Jim with all the physical sluggings she gave him, especially when she was the one married and he wasn’t…. they can tone that down in season 3 (please)..I didn’t see the lst season until the 2nd season was starting and Time Warner had the whole 1st season on Free Demand (Entertainment)…I also like the entire supporting cast…there is very good chemistry with all envolved with the show..Thanks A&E for some good and light entertainment!! Wish I didn’t have to wait til next summer though. (sigh)

Comment by Kristie – November 3, 2011 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OH Come now ladies. A physical slugging. He’s 6 ft tall about 180. She’s 5ft 2 maybe 110. I think baby boy can take care of himself.

Comment by deidre – March 28, 2012 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like this show. There is just too much time between seasons.
    I think if they would show reruns for awhile, I would watch them. LOL

Comment by Lulu – November 6, 2011 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fantastic, Have been looking for the release date for some time now. Will just have to watch season 1 and 2 online until this summer. Nice thing about that, no commercials. Thanks A & E

Comment by Jim – November 13, 2011 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Glades is one of my FAVORITE shows. I never miss it. Am so excited it has been renewed for another season! Good job A&E!

Comment by Laurie – December 4, 2011 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like The Glades. 1st season great 2nd right in the dumper. The thing between Sam & Jim. How will they resolve it? Did anyone notice she dumped him? I’ll watch season 3 and if I see that the Sam charactor is back bye bye. She is a terrible actress at least in this role. The Jim character was so mean he reeked from his skunkiness. Why did the writers write him this way. Well I’ll try again.

Comment by doris murray – December 8, 2011 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE LOVE LOVE this show! I was so excited each week. Very happy that it will be back. And JIM!!!! Mmmmmmmmmm so HOOOOOOOTTTTT!

Comment by Mz.Passmore ;> – December 9, 2011 02:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad the show is renewed. Does anyone know why only 10 episodes or has that changed? Also has anyone seen any comments from MP or CC on the

Comment by dory – December 10, 2011 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry clicked wrong button.I was going to ask if anyone has seen any comments from mp or cc on season 2. they were sure quick enough to give the guest actress a big fanfare. OMG what backlash. Going through other message boards and blogs I have never seen such a hated character. I do believe an actor should be judged on performance alone. I did’nt watch the episodes she was in so I really can’t say. However,I saw comments about “shakey head, bobblehead” what was that about. Please I don’t mind critique on my comments. Somebody fill me in.I am not buying season 2 to see that.

Comment by dory – December 10, 2011 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for season 3. Hurry the hell up already! Summer??? Why so far away??? At least give us some reruns to hold us till the summer! Sheesh!

Comment by Jena – December 14, 2011 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Agree with Jena — way too long to wait. There aren’t many shows to watch, especially one of this caliber. One gets sick of watching reruns of Law and Order :) Another good show was “Suits”, same thing happened with that show. C’mon, A&E, speed up the return!!!

Comment by Ann – December 27, 2011 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES i have been waiting on edge hoping it would be renewd. It is one of the best new shows to come along in a long time, just wish it was a little earlier but i stay up and watch every episode. Thank you A&E.

Comment by jeanne – December 27, 2011 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just what I wanted to hear that the Glades will be back! Cool beans.

Comment by Sally – December 29, 2011 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I recently read an interview from kiele sanchez that Campbell told her that Jim was a rebound. Does this mean that season 1 was a lie. That the Callie character was just being used to assuage his broken heart? this creator sounds like a real chauvinist. He has all the power to manipulate the characters. Kiele must feel somewhat deceived. So the show goes on with a forty year old man who will always love an old ghost. Quite a concept. I always kind of suspected that there is an element of male superiority. As my dad would say “the fish rots from the head down”.

Comment by doryw – December 31, 2011 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward to season three…this is a show I really enjoy.
    SOOOOO glad it will be back.

Comment by mary – January 3, 2012 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the glades season is far too short get a grip people

Comment by joyce – January 3, 2012 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I ‘M REALLY GLAD THEY ARE BRINGING BACK GLADES AGAIN I JUST LOVE THE SHOW AND THE CHARACTERS AND GREAT ACTORS. THE SHOW HAS GREAT STORY LINES. IT IS LIKE WATCHING MIAMI VICE ALL OVER.I DON’T THINK I HAVE MISSED A SHOW YET EXCEPT WHEN WE WENT OUT OF THE COUNTRY. KEEP UP THE GREAT SHOW. CAN’T WAIT FOR SEASON 3

Comment by TOM – January 7, 2012 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad it’s comming back,great Show.

Comment by Gisela – January 8, 2012 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woo Hoo!! Wish it started sooner! Love this show; can’t wait for it to start!

Comment by Georgie – January 8, 2012 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We love this show! Can’t get enough of it!

Comment by Martina – January 8, 2012 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post