Exclusive

CSI Exclusive: Grant Show Set for 'Steamy Fling' With Marg Helgenberger's Catherine

Things are about to get hotter than the Nevada desert at high noon for CSI‘s Catherine Willows. The Vegas crime-lab veteran will soon find herself embroiled in a “steamy affair” with an FBI agent played by Grant Show (Big Love, Melrose Place) — and it could turn out to be more than just a workplace fling.

Sources tell TVLine exclusively that Show has signed on for a multi-episode arc as Agent McQuaid, the “sexy and confident” partner of recently cast Matt Lauria (The Chicago Code), who “initially rattles Catherine when he and his colleagues swoop in to ‘help’ on the CSI team’s latest case.” Soon, though, McQuaid finds himself taken with Catherine’s amazing field work, Catherine finds herself taken with McQuaid’s intelligence and bravery, and the duo take their mutual appreciation directly to the bedroom.

With Helgenberger set to exit the long-running procedural at midseason, is it possible that Catherine has found a partner with whom she’ll ride off into the sunset? Stay tuned.

Excited about Show entering the CSI fray? Happy to see Catherine on a possible path to romantic fulfillment? Sound off in the comments!

1. DL says:

What about Detective Vartan? Did I miss something there?

2. BabyGoz says:

Exactly! He’s probably been cut along with all the other pop up cops, Wendy & Bobby D :(. Shame though Vartan was damn fine ;))

3. Kate says:

I would find it really weird if they had Cath ride off into the sunset with some random dude. She deserves a better exit than that, lmao.

4. Nonnie says:

This completely fails!
    Yes… I want Catherine to be happy..
    But what the heck happened to Vartann? He was AWESOME and I loved them both together..
    Have I completely missed something somewhere?!

5. Julia says:

Vartann will be on episode 11! And it appears that he and Catherine just aren’t together anymore. I don’t think she would cheat on him. Her ex-husband did that a lot, and she had a boyfriend earlier on the show who did the same.

6. Sparespurs says:

Not happy, not a fan of Grant Show. I wanted Catherine to end up with Vartann! I may pass on this lame story line. :(

7. Maka says:

MAAAAX!!!

Ahem. We miss you, man. Only when last we saw you, you were a CIA officer, not a Feeb. But oh well.

8. catbean says:

I liked her and Vartan but if this means he stays on the show, then good for us!

9. Emma says:

This storyline sucks but i’m hoping it’s just a fling and then Vartann can swoop in and save the day in Ep 11 :-).

Vartann’s also appearing in Episode 8, before the above all kicks off, so it’ll be interesting to see if he and Cath share a scene.

10. Kim says:

WOW…these two were both on RYAN’S HOPE together back in the day (early to mid 80’s), but Show played a teen, while Helgenberger was a 20-something.

11. Charles Brannan says:

I really watch the show for Catherine, as long as she’s on..the rest well..

12. Dennis says:

Interezsting because both Helgenberger and Show started on Ryan’s Hope.

13. lorna says:

Show is too hot for her.

14. Audrey says:

I agree. What happened to Vartann? I have been hoping that was how it ends. I loved Vartann and Catherine together! what the heck are they thinking some other guy into the mix?????????

15. mamamimi says:

I really do not want to see Catherine sucking face with anyone–she can ride into the sunset, but “BIG NO” to any love scenes. And I like Vartann–what happened to them?

16. robinjn says:

Remember when Lady Heather closed the door to a bedroom with Grissom lying on the bed in the background and everyone went ape spit? He ended up with Sara, didn’t he? The statement that Catherine will ride off into the sunset with this dude is speculation on the author’s part. If she didn’t want to shack up with Vartann, it sure as heck ain’t gonna happen with this FBI joker. Mr. FBI will leave like all of Catherine’s other ‘steamy’ relationships and she she’ll realize what a gem she has in Vartann. At least I sure hope that’s the way it happens.

17. Anne says:

I wanted her to ride off into the sunset with Detective Vartan!

But honestly I don’t want her to leave at all! :( She was really the last character I was stickin’ around for.

18. richelle says:

awww. i like Lou Vartan for Catherine. Anyway the real thing is that i dont want Marg to leave the show.. she is the only reason why im watching CSI.. and just to add that she is the most beautiful and hot damn character in that show. .. i really hope she will come back for the next season..

19. Cindy denney says:

Keep sexy Grant Show!!! Make him a regular or make a new show with marg and grant . He is too oooooo!!