90210's Jessica Lowndes Previews Adrianna's Redemption (and Surprise Musical Comeback!)

Considering the trail of destruction she blazed last season on The CW’s 90210 (Tuesdays at 8/7c), Adrianna Tate-Duncan was in desperate need of an image makeover. Thankfully, the sudser’s new showrunners recognized that fact and have given the once lovable character a fresh start in more ways than one.

Here, Jessica Lowndes tells TVLine what’s ahead for the redemption-seeking character — and what she has to say may come as a surprise.

Ade is getting back to the music biz…kinda. And it seems the industry-shunned celeb may soon be forgiven.

90210 Season 4 Preview: Naomi’s Baby Drama, ‘Interesting Twist’ for Ivy/Raj, and Teddy’s Exit

“In this week’s episode, Adrianna performs a song called ‘Fool’ — which is actually one of my real songs from my EP coming out later this year,” the budding musician previews. “Where last year saw Ade fame-driven and obsessed with the idea of celebrity, she now comes from a truthful place. She doesn’t want to have anything to do with the industry, but ends up singing at the last second at Raj’s cancer treatment fundraiser.”

Come to find out, “This song is going to be showcased throughout the rest of the season,” Lowndes reveals. “It has a big part in the stories to come, especially with Silver (Jessica Stroup). The lyrics definitely speak to her.”

When asked if the “heavy showcasing” means Ade reignites her musical dreams — albeit in a very different capacity — Lowndes tells us, “Definitely, though at this stage in Adrianna’s life, she’s terrified of everything that might mean. She doesn’t want it to be anything like it was last year.”

90210 Exclusive: Kellie Pickler Makes Her Acting Debut

The actress says that in keeping with the theme of redemption, Ade will continue to right the wrongs done to her former friend Silver — which included swapping out her bipolar meds. “What Adrianna did to Silver last year was totally unethical and that forgiveness is going to take some time… But Silver’s walls are going to eventually come down.”

As for the scooplet that Ade will attempt to reclaim her daughter (revealed last week by TVLine’s Michael Ausiello), Lowndes is keeping mum, saying only, “I always wondered if the baby would come back because that was obviously a huge moment in Adrianna’s life — it’s essentially why she went a little nutso last year!”

Do you think Ade’s redemption song has been successful thus far? Are you hoping she gets her baby back? Hit the comments, and for more 90210 scoop, follow me on Twitter @MegMasters.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Interviews, Previews, Spoilers

1. Persephone says:

It is a shame, Jessica played crazy very well and as much as you hate to see your fave characters being manipulated it makes for good tv. Making her flip back to nice girl this year makes her storyline boring. I was starting to see some of the crazy that made the original so good…we need a Valerie on this one.

• Celeste says:

That’s not what made the original so good. And Adrianna was a very much fan hated character, very much, this isn’t a shame that she’s being balanced, she was one step from the cookoo’s nest last yr. That’s not things that made the original BH90210 great. Valerie was balanced, she didn’t see dead people and nearly knowingly murder her friend with pills, which guess what is a felony last I checked in real life.

• Luciano says:

After Annie ran over and killed a man and just got away with it, I don’t think the writers really care about what’s a felony or not. It just shows how dumb they must think the audience is.

2. fernando says:

I am starting to like her again, but she still needs to do alot more me to fully like her and then I hear her and dixon are going to be together, I am exticed to see how that works out, I thought her and Liam would hook up.

3. april-ann says:

Sounded good right up until the part about more baby drama.

4. lX says:

Adrianna has never been “lovable”. The biggest disappointment last season was when she did NOT jump off the cliff and end it all. I think I actually shouted “Do it! Jump!” aloud at my television.

• Celeste says:

Exactly I yelled “jump! do it! just end it!”. And I don’t know what dixon does, but he’s the one person on this show making me love her this season. And I don’t even like dixon that much!

5. Carissa says:

Well, I guess I’m in the minority. I like Adrianna, and like that she is being redeemed. And let’s not forget, Silver was in the wrong too. I hope one day Ade and Navid will get back together.

6. Brandy says:

I like adrianna,but am glad shes beibg redeemed. Fool is a good song. Id like to see ade get her baby back.

7. Dave says:

I actually love Ade and I think Jessica does an amazing job with the character. It’s just… I don’t exactly love the “no drama Adrianna”, she needs good material (season 2 wasn’t her best moment) and it’s not very awesome when she’s just trying to be the nice girl, all smiles and good intentions. I hope they can find the balance, I don’t think she’s supposed to be the sweetest friend nor the psycho evil bitch, but something in between would be perfect.

8. emily J says:

Love Jessica! She is such a talented singer.

9. Monkeyrat says:

IMO, the 2 best storylines Ade ever had were the one with her baby, and her short-lived relationship with Gia. I like crazy Adrianna, but not “I’m Aileen Wuornos and Dexter’s lovechild” Adrianna.

I really hope they give her good material because at this point I don’t even know what she’s doing there.

10. Alexis says:

I am so sick of Adrianna, her storylines are one of the reasons I am not watching this season. Maybe once she get taken out of the show, I will start to watch it again