FX Renews Sons of Anarchy for Fifth Season

SAMCRO supporters, rejoice: FX has ordered a fifth cycle of Sons of Anarchy.

“Everyone at FX is very grateful to [executive producer] Kurt Sutter, his many writing, directing and producing collaborators and his masterful cast for making such a compelling and beautifully crafted show,” FX president John Landgraf said in a statement Monday.

Sons of Anarchy‘s Theo Rossi Details SAMCRO’s ‘Murky’ Future

The gritty drama kicked off its latest run on Sept. 6 with its largest audience ever, and has since continued to enjoy a ratings-rich season.

Sons of Anarchy Season 4 is set to conclude in jaw-dropping style on Tuesday, November 29 at 10/9c.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: News, Renewals

• CJ says:

It’s funny-I notice every publicity shot for this show features Charlie Hunnam, even though he’s arguably only the 3rd best-known cast member.

• April Smith says:

Are you insane? The 3rd best-known cast member? Maybe previous history wise, but synonamous with the show, for sure!

1. alr says:

Best news to get on a Monday! The tension this season has been incredible so far. Sutter can weave a tale like no other!

2. Melissa says:

This is great news! I love this show it is one of the best shows on tv and this season has been awesome!

• Kimber says:

I love this show.. I have purchased all three previous seasons.. And I must say Season 4 so far has kept me on the edge of my seat.. LOVE IT! Such a good story line.. I love all the CAST members.. So eager to watch each episode.. was worried this might be the end.. but Finding out the sons will continue on gets me so excited… yay!

3. Pere Sureda says:

Great!

4. Brandi says:

So happy to hear! Easily the best show on television!

5. Persephone says:

Awesome!!!!!

6. Laurel says:

Great News !
    One of the Best Shows on TV.

7. Dahi McDonagh says:

When are we going to see #4? Seems a bit daft having FX here in Europe and the best I can get is #2 on Irish T.V.

8. Karen says:

YEAH!!!! This makes me very happy!

9. Tee says:

Yay! One of the best shows on TV imo.

10. ErixN says:

I have mixed feelings about this. This season seems to have the makings of a great final season.

11. bhm1304 says:

The show is clearly back to Season Two greatness. Bringing Paris Barclay back into the fold as a producer and occasional director has made this season feel like the show is back to its highest point. Its a shame his “In Treatment” got the axe at HBO but their loss is clearly Sutter’s gain. The story has you on the edge of your seat at the end of it each episode and Sutter’s story as well as his cast and crew are still more capable and more original than most of the garbage that cleans up at award’s shows. Good news for the whole cast and crew as well as us diehard fans.

12. Monique says:

Hell yeah!

13. erin says:

So happy to hear another season is gonna happen. S.O.A is hands down my favorite show on tv. Every year I count down until september. Every actor and actress has great chemistry with one another and it shows. Good job cast!

14. Elias says:

This is so awesome that SOA has been renewed for a fifth season. I rank it just about even with Breaking Bad as the best show on TV right now. Bummer for DirecTV customers though…I just heard about this contract dispute between DirecTV and FOX? If it goes south DirecTV customers stand to lose FX, and right before the season finale, too. Glad as a DISH customer/employee I no longer have to worry about this, as DISH signed an agreement with FOX just last year. Can’t wait to see what Sutter and Co have in store for the rest of Season Four!

15. brian856894 says:

The best news I’ve heard in a while. I have watched every season and it is by far the best tv series.

16. DebbyMgtnWvGal says:

Sons of Anarchy is awesome! I was getting upset when the show looked like the SoA was getting the axe! So glad there will be another season! The show really does put you on the edge of your seat just about where you are about to fall off the reaper pop’s up!! grr I love the show!! can’t wait til next tuesday!!

17. robin says:

this is the best show ever i got all the seasons on dvd not opened cuz am a true fan from day one i love u all on soa thank you for this show

18. Skirge says:

FANTASTIC NEWS!
    Its going to be very interesting to see where this season ends, all the credit in the world if this story line can be carried on into a new season.
    I guess hopes of even more seasons is just to far fetched.

19. rowena says:

my hubby and I LOVEEEEEEEEEE the show best show on TV have seasons 1 to 3 awesome so excited youre doing season 5
    thanks guys youre all legends
    Ro

20. Corey Scott says:

Best show on tv hands down, after watching last night I hope Clay gets what coming to him Jax gonna crucify him

21. mike says:

S.o.a. is one of the best t.v. shows ever jax is the best. But his mommy define the go hard women since bonnie. I think this show sld never go off air but all good things don’t last. Clay to me is a punk but he goes hard. The rest of the crew do to. Hope they play close to the same roles in there next job

22. Gp says:

The best show on tv without doubt. The entire cast is awesome. Cant wait to see the next series. Clay cant go. He is awesome, he must live. Hope this show goes to ten seasons. And then they should do a spin off with the same cast.

23. carlos lomeli says:

I am a die hard soa fan since day one suxz dat kozik died but lookin foward to the rest of season 4 nd hella lookin foward to season 5 great job kurt nd cast u guys r great u guys inspire me to drop the crotch rocket nd get a dyna jus like the crew lots of love carlos lomeli out of fontana ca

24. Amanda says:

I am sooooooooo EXCITED there will be another season. I LOVE THIS SHOW, ONE of most FAVORITES. I was second guessing if the show was going to end for good this year since the way it is going. However now I think next year will be about Sam and him being on the run from the Sons and that it will end for good next year with them finding him and killing him, Just my observation. I hope Im wrong though and that next year wont be the end. Too good of a show to end so soon.

25. Terra says:

SOA Is the best show ever!! I never miss a episode of it!! Jax is sooo freakin HOTTT : ))

26. Lisa says:

This is YUMMY News!!!!! Love this show. It’s the only show I “shhh” others when watching …. Never want to miss a second of the show!!!! Can’t wait to see more.

27. PRISCILLA RANGEL says:

I love this show .I can’t wait to see the what’s next!!!!!!!

28. Big Steve says:

SOA is the reason I have cable. Hands down the best show. Keep em coming Sutter, you got talent.

29. Joyjuice says:

SOA is major and we have a full house potluck every week to watch with friends. Tara has proven herself to reign above all! Love it! We all can’t wait to watch Season 5.

30. Freddy Martinez says:

Since Season 1 aired i’ve been a fan, never missed an Episode, amazing show so good it should be a Movie!!!

31. Cherrie says:

I am completely mesmerized by SOA! I never watch TV series,but this one pulled me in!!! End of season four just ended ten minutes ago…when does season five start????I can’t wait!!!

32. Ian kleeman says:

Yeah, because he’s the star of the show you idiot!

33. jimmy says:

Love how they had The Shield playin on the tv in Juices jail cell. SOA. Has surpassed The Shield on my top 2 shows of all time list.

34. Adriana says:

Can’t wait for season 5

35. Tracy Smith says:

I am a huge SAMCRO fan!!! I didnt like that ending at all. PLEASE hurry back. I know Kurt Sutter has more in that pen of his. We need to see Katey’s face heal. And the reaction to her not being head lady! Am so gonna miss everyone. Have a great holiday and hurry back!!!!!

36. otto says:

couldn’t stop watching it until i had seen the whole season on my computer i know there is going to be a season 5 but when 9/12?

37. Bo says: