FX Renews Sons of Anarchy for Fifth Season

Get More: News, Renewals

SAMCRO supporters, rejoice: FX has ordered a fifth cycle of Sons of Anarchy.

“Everyone at FX is very grateful to [executive producer] Kurt Sutter, his many writing, directing and producing collaborators and his masterful cast for making such a compelling and beautifully crafted show,” FX president John Landgraf said in a statement Monday.

Sons of Anarchy‘s Theo Rossi Details SAMCRO’s ‘Murky’ Future

The gritty drama kicked off its latest run on Sept. 6 with its largest audience ever, and has since continued to enjoy a ratings-rich season.

Sons of Anarchy Season 4 is set to conclude in jaw-dropping style on Tuesday, November 29 at 10/9c.

Comments (44)

• Yeah!

Comment by Will – October 17, 2011 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s funny-I notice every publicity shot for this show features Charlie Hunnam, even though he’s arguably only the 3rd best-known cast member.

Comment by CJ – October 18, 2011 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Are you insane? The 3rd best-known cast member? Maybe previous history wise, but synonamous with the show, for sure!

Comment by April Smith – November 1, 2011 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best news to get on a Monday! The tension this season has been incredible so far. Sutter can weave a tale like no other!

Comment by alr – October 17, 2011 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is great news! I love this show it is one of the best shows on tv and this season has been awesome!

Comment by Melissa – October 17, 2011 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love this show.. I have purchased all three previous seasons.. And I must say Season 4 so far has kept me on the edge of my seat.. LOVE IT! Such a good story line.. I love all the CAST members.. So eager to watch each episode.. was worried this might be the end.. but Finding out the sons will continue on gets me so excited… yay!

Comment by Kimber – October 27, 2011 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I so agree with you. I thought for sure this was the last season.
        I am glad there is another season.

Comment by Raylene – December 1, 2011 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great!

Comment by Pere Sureda – October 17, 2011 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy to hear! Easily the best show on television!

Comment by Brandi – October 17, 2011 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome!!!!!

Comment by Persephone – October 17, 2011 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great News !
    One of the Best Shows on TV.

Comment by Laurel – October 17, 2011 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When are we going to see #4? Seems a bit daft having FX here in Europe and the best I can get is #2 on Irish T.V.

Comment by Dahi McDonagh – October 17, 2011 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • try on cuevana tv

Comment by juliana – October 17, 2011 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YEAH!!!! This makes me very happy!

Comment by Karen – October 17, 2011 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! One of the best shows on TV imo.

Comment by Tee – October 17, 2011 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have mixed feelings about this. This season seems to have the makings of a great final season.

Comment by ErixN – October 17, 2011 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show is clearly back to Season Two greatness. Bringing Paris Barclay back into the fold as a producer and occasional director has made this season feel like the show is back to its highest point. Its a shame his “In Treatment” got the axe at HBO but their loss is clearly Sutter’s gain. The story has you on the edge of your seat at the end of it each episode and Sutter’s story as well as his cast and crew are still more capable and more original than most of the garbage that cleans up at award’s shows. Good news for the whole cast and crew as well as us diehard fans.

Comment by bhm1304 – October 17, 2011 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hell yeah!

Comment by Monique – October 17, 2011 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy to hear another season is gonna happen. S.O.A is hands down my favorite show on tv. Every year I count down until september. Every actor and actress has great chemistry with one another and it shows. Good job cast!

Comment by erin – October 18, 2011 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maa baby theooo:)

Comment by ms. theo rossi – October 18, 2011 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is so awesome that SOA has been renewed for a fifth season. I rank it just about even with Breaking Bad as the best show on TV right now. Bummer for DirecTV customers though…I just heard about this contract dispute between DirecTV and FOX? If it goes south DirecTV customers stand to lose FX, and right before the season finale, too. Glad as a DISH customer/employee I no longer have to worry about this, as DISH signed an agreement with FOX just last year. Can’t wait to see what Sutter and Co have in store for the rest of Season Four!

Comment by Elias – October 21, 2011 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The best news I’ve heard in a while. I have watched every season and it is by far the best tv series.

Comment by brian856894 – October 25, 2011 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sons of Anarchy is awesome! I was getting upset when the show looked like the SoA was getting the axe! So glad there will be another season! The show really does put you on the edge of your seat just about where you are about to fall off the reaper pop’s up!! grr I love the show!! can’t wait til next tuesday!!

Comment by DebbyMgtnWvGal – November 1, 2011 10:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this is the best show ever i got all the seasons on dvd not opened cuz am a true fan from day one i love u all on soa thank you for this show

Comment by robin – November 2, 2011 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FANTASTIC NEWS!
    Its going to be very interesting to see where this season ends, all the credit in the world if this story line can be carried on into a new season.
    I guess hopes of even more seasons is just to far fetched.

Comment by Skirge – November 3, 2011 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • my hubby and I LOVEEEEEEEEEE the show best show on TV have seasons 1 to 3 awesome so excited youre doing season 5
    thanks guys youre all legends
    Ro

Comment by rowena – November 7, 2011 11:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best show on tv hands down, after watching last night I hope Clay gets what coming to him Jax gonna crucify him

Comment by Corey Scott – November 9, 2011 06:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • S.o.a. is one of the best t.v. shows ever jax is the best. But his mommy define the go hard women since bonnie. I think this show sld never go off air but all good things don’t last. Clay to me is a punk but he goes hard. The rest of the crew do to. Hope they play close to the same roles in there next job

Comment by mike – November 9, 2011 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The best show on tv without doubt. The entire cast is awesome. Cant wait to see the next series. Clay cant go. He is awesome, he must live. Hope this show goes to ten seasons. And then they should do a spin off with the same cast.

Comment by Gp – November 11, 2011 05:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am a die hard soa fan since day one suxz dat kozik died but lookin foward to the rest of season 4 nd hella lookin foward to season 5 great job kurt nd cast u guys r great u guys inspire me to drop the crotch rocket nd get a dyna jus like the crew lots of love carlos lomeli out of fontana ca

Comment by carlos lomeli – November 16, 2011 12:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am sooooooooo EXCITED there will be another season. I LOVE THIS SHOW, ONE of most FAVORITES. I was second guessing if the show was going to end for good this year since the way it is going. However now I think next year will be about Sam and him being on the run from the Sons and that it will end for good next year with them finding him and killing him, Just my observation. I hope Im wrong though and that next year wont be the end. Too good of a show to end so soon.

Comment by Amanda – November 16, 2011 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SOA Is the best show ever!! I never miss a episode of it!! Jax is sooo freakin HOTTT : ))

Comment by Terra – November 29, 2011 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is YUMMY News!!!!! Love this show. It’s the only show I “shhh” others when watching …. Never want to miss a second of the show!!!! Can’t wait to see more.

Comment by Lisa – November 29, 2011 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show .I can’t wait to see the what’s next!!!!!!!

Comment by PRISCILLA RANGEL – November 29, 2011 10:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SOA is the reason I have cable. Hands down the best show. Keep em coming Sutter, you got talent.

Comment by Big Steve – November 30, 2011 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SOA is major and we have a full house potluck every week to watch with friends. Tara has proven herself to reign above all! Love it! We all can’t wait to watch Season 5.

Comment by Joyjuice – December 2, 2011 02:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since Season 1 aired i’ve been a fan, never missed an Episode, amazing show so good it should be a Movie!!!

Comment by Freddy Martinez – December 6, 2011 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am completely mesmerized by SOA! I never watch TV series,but this one pulled me in!!! End of season four just ended ten minutes ago…when does season five start????I can’t wait!!!

Comment by Cherrie – December 6, 2011 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah, because he’s the star of the show you idiot!

Comment by Ian kleeman – December 6, 2011 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love how they had The Shield playin on the tv in Juices jail cell. SOA. Has surpassed The Shield on my top 2 shows of all time list.

Comment by jimmy – December 6, 2011 09:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for season 5

Comment by Adriana – December 6, 2011 11:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am a huge SAMCRO fan!!! I didnt like that ending at all. PLEASE hurry back. I know Kurt Sutter has more in that pen of his. We need to see Katey’s face heal. And the reaction to her not being head lady! Am so gonna miss everyone. Have a great holiday and hurry back!!!!!

Comment by Tracy Smith – December 6, 2011 11:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • couldn’t stop watching it until i had seen the whole season on my computer i know there is going to be a season 5 but when 9/12?

Comment by otto – December 13, 2011 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post