Saturday Night Live Sets November Host Schedule

Get More: News, Scoop

You probably couldn’t find three films more tonally disparate than Horrible Bosses, The Help, and The Muppets, but their respective stars will all have something in common after they handle Saturday Night Live hosting duties during the month of November:

* On Nov. 5, Charlie Day (Horrible Bosses; It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia) will make his SNL hosting debut, with Maroon 5 as musical guest.

SNL With Anna Faris: Best and Worst Skits?

* Nov. 12 will find The Help‘s Emma Stone making her sophomore outing as the show’s headliner. Coldplay will serve as musical guest.

* And finally, Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother; The Muppets) will host the Nov. 19 installment — his first time on the SNL stage — with Florence + the Machine rocking out between skits.

Which upcoming host has you most jazzed? Sound off below!

Comments (61)

• I think that all of the hosts are great- in their own element with talented writers other than those on SNL.

Comment by Justin K – October 17, 2011 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great casting! I’m especially jazzed about Emma Stone and Jason Segel.

Comment by Nadine – October 17, 2011 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Can’t believe it’s Jason’s first time on SNL, that alone makes me excited for him the most, with Emma Stone a close second.

Comment by Juan – October 17, 2011 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • emma AND coldplay? there’s no way this is real life. super stoked.

Comment by emmaaaaaaa – October 17, 2011 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They’ll do. I guess it is too soon to bring back Melissa McCarthy.

Comment by Josh – October 17, 2011 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • People are acting like McCarthy is the second coming of Timberlake; she did a good job, but was nothing special

Comment by J – October 17, 2011 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • just because you didn’t think melissa mccarthy was that special doesn’t mean josh has to think the same thing. if he really liked her episode, let him be.

Comment by will – October 17, 2011 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The musical guests got me SO stoked. Jason Segel and Emma Stone are gonna be epic hosts

Comment by Mahi – October 17, 2011 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Completely agree with you! I’m excited for the hosts as well, but maybe even more so for the musical guests, especially Florence!

Comment by DL – October 17, 2011 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Epic? Did you see the last time Emma hosted? She tried hard, but it was a lame episode.

Comment by Amy – October 17, 2011 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emma Stone was an amazing host!

The skit where they spoke French and danced was one of my favorite skits of all time.

Comment by AnitaRelax – October 17, 2011 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed! Still watch it on youtube sometimes

Comment by Josh – October 17, 2011 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Florence and Emma! :)

Comment by Billy – October 17, 2011 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can we just get Darren Criss to host SNL that’d be awesome okay bye.

Comment by Steve – October 17, 2011 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • my goodness. getting him on that show is now my new mission. and he can bring other starkids.

Comment by Annie – October 23, 2011 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I always love when members of the Apatow gang host. Jonah Hill slayed. Seth Rogen killed. Paul Rudd… they should just indict him into the hall of fame. The nature of the movies they write/produce, make them amazing hosts. I expect nothing less from the Segel show. Whenever Hader’s friends host, it’s always a good show.

Also Segel = Muppets sketch, and Hader’s Animal ends me as a person

The SNL booking department is just winning all over the place too. I don’t think they’ve really cast a dud host yet (although you could make an argument for Faris)

Comment by Logistics – October 17, 2011 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m hoping for a full-on muppet sketch a la the “Land of Gorch” from 70s SNL. SNL and the Muppets is a piece of history.

Comment by topoopon – October 17, 2011 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • News for the file marked: OMG PLEASE NO NEVER STOP. That kid is the single most annoying person on television right now. I may put my fist through the TV if this ever happens.

Comment by Etched – October 17, 2011 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Um….can you specify which person you are talking about?

Comment by erin – October 17, 2011 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I have to echo Etched’s sentiments. I absolutely LOATHE that one particular person Etched is talking about. That particular person is THE WORST!

Comment by Drew Melbourne – October 17, 2011 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think the comment was in reference to the Darren Criss suggestion.

And I have to agree it’s a horrible suggestion.

Comment by Amy – October 17, 2011 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • anything will be better then Anna Farris hosting.

Comment by Apple – October 17, 2011 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • News for the file marked: OMG PLEASE NO. NEVER. People need to stop suggesting this. That kid is the single most annoying person on television right now. I may put my fist through the TV if this ever happens. The episode would be a zeitgesit. James Van Der Beek part 2.

Comment by Etched – October 17, 2011 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • no love for Charlie in the comments section? i think his show will be the best… (if he’s not super nervous.)

Comment by Antone – October 17, 2011 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OH my god, that’s so funny you wrote that because when I saw Charlie was hosting, I was like, “YAY! I’m so excited! Oh man, I hope he’s not nervous.” Why do we think he’ll be nervous?! I barely know anything about what kind of person he is in real life, yet I really am convinced he’ll be nervous. So funny.

Comment by Brigette – October 18, 2011 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m most excited for Charlie but November is going to be a great month for SNL

Comment by Chrissy – October 17, 2011 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed! I love Emma Stone and Jason Segel too and can’t wait to see their eps, but Charlie Day?!?! That could be AMAZING. I’m just so glad that SNL finally appears to realize that casting unfunny people just because they’re famous or have a project to promote is not the way to go (see: most sports figures, January Jones). Funny always, ALWAYS trumps famous when it comes to sketch comedy.

Comment by Nicole – October 17, 2011 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Jason brings some muppets with him.

Comment by John Berggren – October 17, 2011 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jason Segel + Florence & the Machine = amazing!

Comment by Amanda – October 17, 2011 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Someday John Krasinski will host. That’s my dream. Otherwise, psyched for Segel and Stone.

Comment by Danielle – October 17, 2011 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Krasinski needs to host. Can’t wait to see Segel and Florence tho!

Comment by Fan – October 17, 2011 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The quality of hosts continues to exceed the quality of musical guests AND the quality of writing on the show.

Comment by Bartleby – October 17, 2011 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is so very exciting! :)

Comment by Aprilcot26 – October 17, 2011 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome lineup! I love all of them, but I know Charlie Day will be the best!

Comment by EAP – October 17, 2011 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Give the writers a week off and let Jim Parsons bring hilarity of exospheric proportions to SNL just with his adorably awkward pauses and brill quintuple takes. The man is beyond amazing.

Comment by impliedbazinga – October 17, 2011 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The musical guests CANNOT get any better. I’m just kicking myself for not going down & queuing up for tickets!!

Can’t wait for Jason Segel and Emma Stone!! They’re amazing!

Comment by Isabel – October 17, 2011 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so pumped emma was great last time and i have been hoping charlie day and jason segel would get to host, now its James Rodays turn

Comment by chris – October 17, 2011 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • james roday would be great! and he writes most of the psych episodes so maybe he could infuse some humor into SNL while he’s there!

Comment by Christine – October 17, 2011 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I also agree that Roday needs to host too. Him and Krasinski would be awesome hosts

Comment by Fan – October 17, 2011 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward to Charlie’s show. The Jason/Florence show has me kind of meh because I’m one of those people who just doesn’t get the appeal of either of them.

What I’m looking forward to most, though, is the Christmas show with Jimmy Fallon!

Comment by Lauren – October 17, 2011 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like a great lineup. I think it’s time to have Kelly Clarkson back as a music guest! She’s great in skits, too!

Comment by G-Mom – October 17, 2011 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE all three, but I’m really looking forward to Jason Segel. I thought he was long overdue to host, with all of the other Apetow gang having hosted more than once.

Excellent line-up all around

To the producers:I know it’s been 10 years since he’s hosted, but his cameo last week proves that Hugh Jackman is due for another hosting stint.

Comment by Itzy8940 – October 17, 2011 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about some Modern Family Love??? I would love to see Eric Stonestreet host

Comment by Frank – October 17, 2011 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emma Stone is gonna be back!!!! wowowowo

Comment by João Amaral – October 17, 2011 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She’s the best combination of talent, funny, and hotness.

Comment by topoopon – October 17, 2011 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have not watched SNL in years but will definitely set my DVR for Charlie Day!

Comment by Pam – October 17, 2011 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s like a pig in the blanket of awesome – you know, an awesome dog wrapped in a blanket of awesome. – John

Comment by John – October 17, 2011 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SNL with Anna Faris was awful. Wow, haven’t seen this bad an epi in a long time. Her opening monologue was really bad and all the skits were bad. Even Weekend Update sucked and like Seth Meyers and usually get chuckles out of that segment. Also, it seemed like there were way more commercials than usual. However, since the show was so unfunny the commercials were actually a relief.

Comment by Lisa – October 17, 2011 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jason Segel for sure!!! Can’t believe he hasn’t hosted before…shame on SNL for overlooking him for years – can’t wait!!

Comment by Annabelle – October 17, 2011 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • P.S. I second James Roday getting the hosting gig…he would be epic!!!!

Comment by Annabelle – October 17, 2011 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG! I just let out the most obnoxiously happy squeal! Jason is FINALLY hosting! This is something that’s needed to happen for years! We Jason fans are finally getting what we’ve always wanted! I’m so excited! I know he’ll be perfect! Now that this is finally happening, I’d like to request Michael C. Hall and Will Arnett, cause I think they’d be great as well. :D

Comment by Casey – October 17, 2011 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Charlie Day!!!!! Maroon 5!!

Comment by Star – October 17, 2011 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Flo and Jason!

Comment by Hanna – October 17, 2011 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m excited for all three hosts, and for all three musical guests for that matter. Great November line-up!

Comment by Rick – October 17, 2011 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Neil Patrick Harris has hosted. Now Jason Segel has. Any chance of Alyson Hannigan?

Also…Kal Penn would be freaking awesome!

Comment by jaded – October 18, 2011 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good luck to Segel, Stone & Day.

Comment by ken – November 1, 2011 11:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • JASON SEGEL<3 lol and charlie day :D

Comment by clarisa – November 4, 2011 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • please get eddie murphy to host in december…pleeeese..the ratings will be through the roof..!!

Comment by jeff – November 7, 2011 12:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jason Segel – I love you man!

Comment by Rick – November 9, 2011 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love JASON!! Should be stellar performance

Comment by Michelle – November 9, 2011 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MICHAEL C HALL <3 please to god!

Comment by Lisa – March 29, 2012 09:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post