November Sweeps Scoop for Fox's Glee, Bones, House, Fringe, New Girl and More!

Get More: Glee, Previews, Scoop, Spoilers

A Glee crush, prehistoric murder, big House drama, new love for the New Girl, the Chance clan raising a ruckus and the long-awaited return of Bones are but a few things on tap for Fox this November. The network just coughed up one of our fave documents of the year, its sweeps preview, and we’re here to hit you with the (non-animated) highlights.

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 27
Bones | The show is back – sorta – with encore airings of last season’s seminal “The Doctor in the Photo” and “The Change in the Game” – that is, unless the World Series goes seven games.

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 28
Fringe | On the heels of Peter’s own return, the translucent shapeshifters also put in an encore.

MONDAY, OCTOBER 31
Terra Nova | Jim and Taylor investigate a murder; Skye helps Josh a way to get his girlfriend from 2149 to the past.

House | When a CEO (Damages‘ Michael Nouri) falls mysteriously ill, House attempts to make an underhanded business transaction with the wealthy patient; Park prepares for her hearing with the Princeton Plainsboro Disciplinary Committee chaired by Foreman.

New Girl Scoop: Meet Jess’ Lesbian Doctor Friend

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 1
Glee | A foreign exchange student (Glee Project winner Damian McGinty), enrolls at McKinley and crashes with Brittany S. Pierce, who thinks he’s a leprechaun; Mercedes attempts to recruit members to join Shelby Corcoran’s rival glee club.

New Girl | When Jess accidentally walks in on a naked Nick, she sending his self-confidence to an all-time low — just as he scores a date with guest star Lake Bell.

Raising Hope | When the family learns that Hope hit a boy at day care, they attempt to stop arguing, fearing that she will follow in her serial killer mom’s footsteps.

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 3
The X Factor | It’s the first-ever live results show!

Bones | The Jeffersonian team identifies the remains of a woman found in a paintball field; Brennan and Booth adjust to their new roles as an expectant couple.

Fringe‘s Anna Torv Previews Peter’s Return: ‘He’ll Have to Earn His Stripes’

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 4
Fringe | Real-life marrieds Stephen Root (NewsRadio) and Romy Rosemount (Glee) play an electrical engineer and his physical professor wife, as the team investigates time loop anomalies.

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 7
Terra Nova | A crashing meteor (no, not that one) wipes out all technology and wreaks havoc on the colony; Taylor tries to prevent the “Sixers” from invading; a mystery man makes his presence known.

House | Battlestar‘s Jamie Bamber guest stars (read more here); Chase and Taub rejoin the team.

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8
Glee | The kids prepare to perform the school musical; Finn meets with a recruiter who also has his eye on Beiste.

New Girl | Cece convinces Jess that Nick likes her more than just as a roommate. (No, too soon!)

Raising Hope | When Maw Maw swallows her gold tooth, Burt and Virginia contemplate retrieving it. Ew.

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 10
Bones | The team identifies the remains of a competitive eating champion just days before a premiere event; we meet Finn, an exceptionally brilliant new squint and former juvenile delinquent (played by Luke Kleintank); Booth is caught off-guard by an announcement Brennan makes about their baby.

Bones First Look: Check Out the Official Season 7 Poster

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11
Fringe | Olivia suffers from migraines.

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 14
Terra Nova | While interning for the colony’s greatest scientist, Maddie’s life is put in danger when she discovers a terrible secret; Josh makes a deal with the devil in order to solidify his plan to bring his girlfriend to Terra Nova.

House | House looks for creative ways to remove his ankle monitor so that he can attend a boxing match in Atlantic City; Rescue Me‘s John Scurti plays a patient convinced he is suffering from diabetes.

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 15
Glee | Puck has a crush!

New Girl | Jess invites Paul (guest star Justin Long), a guy on whom she Long has had a crush, to Thanksgiving dinner at the loft.

Raising Hope | The Chances “borrow” a house to impress Burt’s wealthy parents (Six Million Dollar Man Lee Majors and Partridge Family mom Shirley Jones) – at least, that is, until the real homeowners return early!

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 17
Bones | When Morgan Fairchild guest-stars as the CEO of a toy company implicated in a murder, Brennan, wondering whether she will be a good mother, uses the case as a way to understand the importance of playing with her child.

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 18

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 21
Terra Nova | As Taylor searches for the “Sixer” mole, Jim stumbles upon an old murder in which Taylor was the prime suspect.

House | House becomes obsessed with solving the case of a deceased four-year-old patient, landing in serious trouble; Park tries to get Chase to admit the reason behind his recent obsession with grooming.

Comments (68)

• “Fringe | As Olivia and Lincoln help Peter get “home,” something “over there” occurs that hasn’t happened since the universes were linked at the end of last season.”

Walternate strikes back

Comment by Michael Sacal – October 17, 2011 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Fringe!
      peter is going over There?? Whyyyy??

Comment by Dessy – October 17, 2011 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I believe that home in this context (i.e. the quotes) might refer to the timeline he comes from.

It may be that they will speculate that just like there are two different realities (Over Here and Over There) there might be two different timelines (let’s call them “What Once Was” and “What Is Now”. Home may be “What Once Was”, and they’re trying to send Peter over there (those last two words make this sound like a bad Abott and Costello joke!)

Comment by Michael Sacal – October 17, 2011 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree, I thought about the same thing since the last episode when Olivia commented that Walter hadn’t left the lab in “3 years.” So perhaps timelines will come into play again.

Comment by Dacaria – October 17, 2011 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • So true. I didn’t think of that…good on ya mate!

Comment by Julio P – October 17, 2011 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wonder… maybe this new timeline is technically a different reality, and he’s seeking the old one?

Comment by Michelle – October 17, 2011 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Aw, that would be so sad. Cool hypothesis though.

Comment by Plum – October 17, 2011 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope this doesn’t mean Peter can’t get our universe Olivia and Walter to remember him and he wants to go back “over there”. Gah, why do I torture myself with spoilers? they just make me worry!

Comment by Hanna – October 17, 2011 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • These spoilers are raising up the stakes… the Observers might have messed things up to such an extent that now it is too late to modify the outcome!!!

Comment by Sandro Cutajar – October 18, 2011 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s insane how excited I am about the Terra Nova stuff. I don’t care what anyone says I love this show! Thanks Matt. :)

Comment by Stef – October 17, 2011 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like the show a lot too, actually.

Comment by Dessy – October 17, 2011 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I like Terra Nova. Unlike Falling Skies, it started off strong and imho, it keeps getting better with each episode.

Comment by dacaria – October 17, 2011 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • If you think Terra Nova started off strong, I’d like to know your definition of weak. Falling Skies was a MUCH stronger show in it’s first few episodes. Terra Nova is a lame family “drama” masquerading as science fiction. They need to pump up the sci-fi factor and lower the family drama nonsense to a very slow boil.

Comment by Cloudy Knight – October 17, 2011 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I agree, Terra Nova has turned into such a soap opera and not at all what I expected. Falling Skies was much more interesting, and in my opinion had more likable characters AND better acting.

Comment by Hanna – October 17, 2011 03:52 PM PDT
  • That’s all for the Glee? What about all the other stuff we’ve heard? :(

Comment by Cheyenne – October 17, 2011 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ugh, I know! It seems like we just get little bits, it makes me so anxious! I guess that’s the idea, lol. I know there is a showdown coming between Shelby and Will’s groups, hope Will wins. Shelby, and Mercedes annoy me more than Mr. Schue.

Comment by Angel – October 17, 2011 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do I get the feeling that Puck’s new crush will be Shelby?

Comment by Alex – October 17, 2011 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think so too and can’t help wonder… WHYYYYYY RYAN MURPHY? WHYYYYYYY!?

Comment by Juliana – October 17, 2011 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Could it be because they not so subtley infer it in the trailers for upcoming episodes? Not too difficult to “get the feeling” when it is all over the commercial…

Comment by Lee – October 17, 2011 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Fringe | Olivia suffers from migraines.”

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Just kidding, I’m sure the migraines are due to some awesomely weird phenomenon. I love Fringe!

Comment by Megan – October 17, 2011 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It would be funny if, for once, the migraines were just migraines XD

Comment by Michelle – October 17, 2011 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Perhaps her latent cortexiphan abilities start to get activated. Or she starts to remember her past with Peter. Either way, her head hurts! :)

Comment by Kay – October 17, 2011 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Peter returning to the Universe and Olivia’s “erased” memories returning could be a strong possibility for her migraines.

Comment by dacaria – October 17, 2011 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I canNOT wait for this one. The more cryptic the synopsis, the better. It wouldn’t be the first time we saw Olivia getting back memories…she does have a special head, after all. Either way, I’ll love it.

Comment by Emily – October 18, 2011 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad I quit watching Glee after the second episode this season. This stuff sounds dreadful!

Comment by Snapy – October 17, 2011 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We are too!

Comment by Teaque – October 17, 2011 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here!

Comment by Kylie – October 17, 2011 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh and One more.

Comment by Lizzy – October 17, 2011 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

Comment by Bye – October 17, 2011 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agreed

Comment by Dessy – October 18, 2011 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As a Finn and Santana fan found the first three eps so boring as they were nowhere so I am with you guys. Just cannot believe how they have screwed with this show. Who cares about Shelby and Puck and the Rachel and Kurt/Blaine fest… another riduculous reason for Sue to hate Glee club. It just gets too frustrating. Now as for the other spoilers…great.

Comment by Sam – October 18, 2011 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could not help but laugh at the migraine synopsis for Fringe. Every other synopsis is needlessly complicated and that one is just…not! :P

Comment by Anita – October 17, 2011 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait what? Where is Peter going? Why? For who? For what? When? How? What the hell?…And “Bones” yay!!! Terra Nova is lame and stupid but at least its fun,so I’ll keep watching lol.

Comment by Keisha – October 17, 2011 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE [H]OUSE and HUGH LAURIE!!! AMAZING ACTOR!!

Comment by Grace – October 17, 2011 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m having a hard time believing that it’s almost November! The Fringe stuff looks great, so thank you.

Comment by Beth – October 17, 2011 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank god Chase (Jesse Spencer) is back on House!!!

Comment by Jill – October 17, 2011 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Completely agree with the “too soon” sentiment regarding Nick & Jess on New Girl. I mean, I’ve seen that pair coming since the premier, but let’s draw it out a bit longer, please!

Comment by Saracen Riggins – October 17, 2011 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree. I think they should play with the Jess/Nick storyline, kind of like Booth and Bones, only for not nearly as long as 6 seasons.

Comment by Sharon – October 17, 2011 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Olivia suffers from migraines? aww poor baby lol can’t wait :)

Comment by Coeur – October 17, 2011 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Glee episode on November 15th also has a mash-up competition between Shelby and Will’s group.

Comment by Paul – October 17, 2011 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I seriously giggled at each episode description of “Raising Hope”. Love that show.

Comment by Sarah – October 17, 2011 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder what announcement Brennan makes to Booth about their baby that catches him off guard? Hmm.

Comment by Wendy – October 17, 2011 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder who else will be joining the Glee Club. It won’t be Finn, Kurt, or Rachel. Probably not Tina or Mike. Maybe not Quinn. I think Brittany for sure and maybe Quinn will join Shelby’s group.

Comment by Wes – October 17, 2011 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it wrong that i can’t wait for Olivia to suffer migraines? Poor girl, but this is FRINGE, so its bound to be great.

Comment by Tristan – October 17, 2011 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking the EXACT same thing! “Bad Dreams”, “A New Day in the Old Town”, “Marionette”… It seems like the episodes that consist of some Olivia-is-hurt storyline have been some of Fringe’s best!!

Comment by Aly – October 18, 2011 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Note that noone has commented on NEW GIRL. It’s because nobody cares!!! trust and believe. alot of people bought the hype and/or like Zooey Deschanel, but this show is going to cool off… FAST. Unless they fire all the original writers and get some that actually write funny episodes. it’s really hard to make quirky and unrealistic work. you’ve got to really commit to it and New Girl is stuck somewhere in between.

Comment by jj – October 17, 2011 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree with your comments. I do not get all the hype surrounding this show. I have watched three episodes now, and I laughed a grand total of zero. Zooey is cute, (she always plays the same character), but cute can only go so far. I do admit the scene of them dancing to “Groovy Kind of Love” in the last episode was kind of sweet. But that won’t be enough unless the writing gets much funnier. I don’t know how long it will take for the bloom to come off this rose. We shall see.

Comment by Doris – October 17, 2011 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But there WERE comments on New Girl

Comment by Phoebi – October 18, 2011 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I quit watching Glee after it became the Kurt show.

Comment by Marly – October 17, 2011 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yess! i hate that soooooo much. I don’t even remember when they did something that wasnt about Kurt/Rachel/Blaine. it’s just so boring…

Comment by nikki – October 18, 2011 04:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yup, agreed. Way to turn us off characters we once like. And Darren criss has been so over-exposed it is painful. Have really missed Cory Monteith as he brought a realness that I identified with from the pilot episode and was someone who was an everyman. With him gone – or rather sidelined – it has been missing something. Mr.Shu has never really had the depth to be able to carry it.

Comment by Sara – October 18, 2011 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Asian F

Comment by Phoebi – October 18, 2011 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mark Salling is weird in that pic. He looks like a wax figure.

Comment by Gabi – October 17, 2011 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Raising Hope” and “Fringe” my two favorite FOX shows,thank you so much for the news :)

Comment by Shayla – October 17, 2011 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY! Bones and Fringe! The Bones synopses I already knew about- I’m quite bad when it comes to finding out every possible spoiler- but the Fringe scoop I wasn’t aware of and it sounds SO cool! Maybe I’m sadistic but I just love the thought of migraines plaguing Olivia and since nothing is ever what it seems on Fringe I can’t wait to find out the source. Also, YESSSS hopefully Peter finally returns “home” to his timeline (okay, this suddenly feels like an eerie parallel to the beginning of last year when Olivia was trying to go home after being stuck in the alternate universe :D) because I really miss it! Season 4 has been cool but I miss the seasons 1-3 team dynamics. I wouldn’t want to remain in this new “yellow!verse” and I’m glad it appears we may not have to.

Comment by AngelMoonGirl – October 17, 2011 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Justin Long is in the Thanksgiving episode of New Girl? Yay! I heard in that episode something hillarious goes down. Can’t wait!

Comment by Paige – October 17, 2011 07:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Olivia suffers from migraines” – I don’t think that’s the entire press release! What are you hiding from us?! XP

Comment by RKron – October 17, 2011 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be glad to get New Girl back on TV.

Comment by Amber – October 18, 2011 01:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No offense, but you need a copy editor.
    “Skye helps Josh a way to get his girlfriend from 2149 to the past.”
    “When Jess accidentally walks in on a naked Nick, she sending his self-confidence to an all-time low”
    “Cece convinces Jess that Nick likes her more than just as a roommate.”
    ETC…

Also, what’s with the extremely short and not-at-all fulfilling “descriptions”?

Comment by Tamara – October 18, 2011 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So many typos, I’m having a hard time understanding…

Comment by marcee – October 18, 2011 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Correcting typos is a basic function of the human brain so either you’re exaggerating or stupid

Comment by Phoebi – October 18, 2011 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome FRINGE news. Man, I LOVE this show!!!!!
    Glad Chase and Taub are coming back to House.
    Still sticking with Terra Nova although it hasn’t really grabbed me yet. I think they need to step up the story lines a bit, although I do like how Mira’s sprinkled a little doubt about Taylor and the true purpose of Terra Nova in Jim’s mind. I can see that little sprout beginning to grow over the next episodes. There’s definitely potential there. I just hope it continues to improve. All of the kids annoy me, so I can definitely do without the family drama. As for New Girl, that hasn’t grabbed me either. She’s good, but two of the three roomies are as one-dimensional as can be and the friend is a little ridiculous. I honestly don’t know what all the hype is about. It’s not knocking my socks off. Hanging in for Justin Long, though. Glee? Don’t even get me started. I thought it started off this season on the right foot and I do like Mercedes finally standing up for herself. The unicorn thing is ridiculous and I keep hoping Kurt’s Big Gay Drama that took over almost all of last year does not poke its ugly head back in. I’m hanging on, but only just.

Comment by Rex – October 18, 2011 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jennifer Morrison y hugh laurie mejor pareja en house

Comment by ane – October 18, 2011 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! Finally some Damian McGinty love to start off November. Excited to come back to Glee.

Comment by Dexter Q. – October 18, 2011 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please, TV Gods, let Noah Puckerman’s crush be Idina Menzel’s Shelby Corcoran!

Comment by AndyLuvr – October 18, 2011 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All those House spoilers sound boring as hell! I’m excited about Glee!

Comment by jaded – October 18, 2011 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Pucks crush is Shelby I will never watch the show again. The writers screw up so much already but if they do this it will be way too big of a screw up and a horrible storyline and I just won’t want to watch anymore.

Comment by Jaimee – October 19, 2011 01:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post