House Scoop: BSG's Jamie Bamber Checks In

Buried within Fox’s just-released November sweeps release was a rather fraktacular casting nugget: Battlestar Galactica‘s Jamie Bamber is headed to House!

The actor is set to guest star in the Nov. 7 episode as a man who “suddenly collapses, and in the process of diagnosing his symptoms, the team discovers that he has been hiding dark secrets and lying about his personal and professional life… But when he openly confesses his wrongdoings to his family and community, he compromises his chances of receiving the proper medical treatment that could save his life.”

The episode also marks Chase and Taub’s official return to House’s team.

Comments (25)

• So he’s basically the usual patient?

Looking forward to it still.

Comment by Tim – October 17, 2011 07:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “The episode also marks Chase and Taub’s official return to House’s team.” –> Finally!!

Comment by MiMi – October 17, 2011 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank God. I was already losing interest! It’s bad enough that 13 is leaving permanantly…….and Cuddy! I can’t bear it!
      I do like House’s hair cut short though.

Comment by Elaine Eason – October 18, 2011 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’s a Cyclon!

Comment by RunnerX13 – October 17, 2011 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Cylon.

If you’re going to make a BSG reference, do it right

Comment by Bob – October 17, 2011 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hahahaha! Love it!

Comment by Maria – October 17, 2011 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bamber is another Brit who does a very good American accent.
    He’s great on Law & Order: UK.

Comment by maggie – October 17, 2011 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • and they killed him on that!!!

Comment by henninggirl – November 2, 2011 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is his character British? Please say he’s British, because while he does a great American accent, I really love his actual accent!

Comment by Charissa – October 17, 2011 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is awesome news!!!

Comment by Nico – October 17, 2011 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I may as well say it before someone else does.
    Jamie’s American accent is better than Hugh Laurie’s.

Comment by alex – October 17, 2011 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I stopped watching House, but I will definitely DVR this episode. I just love Jamie Bamber and miss him big time on L&O:UK.

Comment by Lorie – October 17, 2011 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me, too! I almost gave up watching L&O UK because of it!

Comment by Lori – October 17, 2011 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I did give up watching L&O: UK once he was done. The only reason I was watching it was to see him!

Comment by Carolyn – November 1, 2011 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bamber’s American accent is excellent since his father is American, and he spent lots of time visiting family here in America since childhood. He comes by it naturally – and I could listen to him do any accent.

He also speaks fluent French & Italian. My kinds guy!

Comment by lesliemd – October 17, 2011 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Flawless man and a terrific actor. Glad to see he’s landing so many guest roles, someone had better snap him up as a regular come pilot season! (That means you, suits who are reading this.)

Comment by Liz – October 17, 2011 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, finally Chase is back! I just wish there was an actual scoop about his storyline in S8. Instead of talking about Taub & his family over & over & over again. I have no idea why they would think that that’s an interesting storyline! I hope it doesn’t take over the whole season.

Comment by A – October 17, 2011 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well this is S8. As A posted, yeah they should go over Chase’s background as they’ve never done it except when his dad was there. But aren’t you guys forgetting a little something regarding Taub? He managed to get both his woman (call her girlfriend, sex partner, whatever) AND his wife pregnant around the same time. That slight twist should prove interesting :) Oh and since House will most probably figure out what Taub would be hiding from his wife, it’ll be a hilarious plot when Taub tries to shut House up :P

Comment by LordL0SS – October 17, 2011 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tonight’s episode was fantastic! You could really see the tone of this season pull through. I love the way the writers handled Thirteen’s leaving; how House “fired” her because he wanted to let her live as she wished, and then of course, acting like it was in his best interest, not hers. Also delighted with how Wilson was incorporated into the episode. We also learn more about Yi’s and Annable’s character (going to love Yi, not so sure about Annable – she’s definitely going to be manipulative –hee hee good match for Chase, that’s for sure!) Hugh, wow! You just keep getting better and better.

Comment by shiremaid – October 17, 2011 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And I see, they’re talking about November 7′s episode, because…………..October 24′s episode is a repeat (according to Cogeco’s Digital TV listings for Global, Fox is showing some kind of sport)———Dang! Now we have to wait for more! This is torture!

Comment by shiremaid – October 17, 2011 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Was great: I was so shocked when his character was killed on Law and Order UK. The new younger detective just doesn’t cut or have any chemistry.

Comment by TomCat – October 18, 2011 03:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • House believes that everybody lies. His entire treatment approach is based on that premise. It would be interesting to see an episode where the patient tells not one lie, then see House second guessing himself based on the other assumption. Then, missing a critical piece of diagnostic information because he thought the patient was lying.

Comment by Rob – October 18, 2011 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like House and Season Seven was a lot better than people said on these comment pages.

I hated 13, so I glad she leaving. Also glad to see Cuddy leave. She wasn’t a good part of the show. I think the show messed up when the writers didn’t keep the lawyer x-girl friend come in and out of the show at times.

Comment by Aaron Poscovsky – October 19, 2011 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BS Story. He is an EXTRA. He has NOT been cast. Why the nonsense?

Comment by Dale – April 7, 2012 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post