House Scoop: BSG's Jamie Bamber Checks In

Buried within Fox’s just-released November sweeps release was a rather fraktacular casting nugget: Battlestar Galactica‘s Jamie Bamber is headed to House!

The actor is set to guest star in the Nov. 7 episode as a man who “suddenly collapses, and in the process of diagnosing his symptoms, the team discovers that he has been hiding dark secrets and lying about his personal and professional life… But when he openly confesses his wrongdoings to his family and community, he compromises his chances of receiving the proper medical treatment that could save his life.”

The episode also marks Chase and Taub’s official return to House’s team.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, News, Scoop, Spoilers

1. Tim says:

So he’s basically the usual patient?

Looking forward to it still.

2. MiMi says:

“The episode also marks Chase and Taub’s official return to House’s team.” –> Finally!!

• Elaine Eason says:

Thank God. I was already losing interest! It’s bad enough that 13 is leaving permanantly…….and Cuddy! I can’t bear it!
      I do like House’s hair cut short though.

3. RunnerX13 says:

He’s a Cyclon!

4. maggie says:

Bamber is another Brit who does a very good American accent.
    He’s great on Law & Order: UK.

5. Charissa says:

Is his character British? Please say he’s British, because while he does a great American accent, I really love his actual accent!

6. Nico says:

This is awesome news!!!

7. alex says:

I may as well say it before someone else does.
    Jamie’s American accent is better than Hugh Laurie’s.

8. Lorie says:

I stopped watching House, but I will definitely DVR this episode. I just love Jamie Bamber and miss him big time on L&O:UK.

9. lesliemd says:

Bamber’s American accent is excellent since his father is American, and he spent lots of time visiting family here in America since childhood. He comes by it naturally – and I could listen to him do any accent.

He also speaks fluent French & Italian. My kinds guy!

10. Liz says:

Flawless man and a terrific actor. Glad to see he’s landing so many guest roles, someone had better snap him up as a regular come pilot season! (That means you, suits who are reading this.)

11. A says:

Well, finally Chase is back! I just wish there was an actual scoop about his storyline in S8. Instead of talking about Taub & his family over & over & over again. I have no idea why they would think that that’s an interesting storyline! I hope it doesn’t take over the whole season.

12. LordL0SS says:

Well this is S8. As A posted, yeah they should go over Chase’s background as they’ve never done it except when his dad was there. But aren’t you guys forgetting a little something regarding Taub? He managed to get both his woman (call her girlfriend, sex partner, whatever) AND his wife pregnant around the same time. That slight twist should prove interesting :) Oh and since House will most probably figure out what Taub would be hiding from his wife, it’ll be a hilarious plot when Taub tries to shut House up :P

13. shiremaid says:

Tonight’s episode was fantastic! You could really see the tone of this season pull through. I love the way the writers handled Thirteen’s leaving; how House “fired” her because he wanted to let her live as she wished, and then of course, acting like it was in his best interest, not hers. Also delighted with how Wilson was incorporated into the episode. We also learn more about Yi’s and Annable’s character (going to love Yi, not so sure about Annable – she’s definitely going to be manipulative –hee hee good match for Chase, that’s for sure!) Hugh, wow! You just keep getting better and better.

14. shiremaid says:

And I see, they’re talking about November 7’s episode, because…………..October 24’s episode is a repeat (according to Cogeco’s Digital TV listings for Global, Fox is showing some kind of sport)———Dang! Now we have to wait for more! This is torture!

15. TomCat says:

Was great: I was so shocked when his character was killed on Law and Order UK. The new younger detective just doesn’t cut or have any chemistry.

16. Rob says:

House believes that everybody lies. His entire treatment approach is based on that premise. It would be interesting to see an episode where the patient tells not one lie, then see House second guessing himself based on the other assumption. Then, missing a critical piece of diagnostic information because he thought the patient was lying.

17. Aaron Poscovsky says:

I like House and Season Seven was a lot better than people said on these comment pages.

I hated 13, so I glad she leaving. Also glad to see Cuddy leave. She wasn’t a good part of the show. I think the show messed up when the writers didn’t keep the lawyer x-girl friend come in and out of the show at times.

18. Dale says:

BS Story. He is an EXTRA. He has NOT been cast. Why the nonsense?