Exclusive

Body of Proof Exclusive: Battlestar Galactica's Jamie Bamber to Romance Dana Delany

It looks like Dr. Megan Hunt’s personal life suddenly has a pulse.

Sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that Battlestar Galactica vet Jamie Bamber is joining the cast of ABC’s Body of Proof as a love interest for Dana Delany’s medical examiner.

His character, Scott Decker, is described as a blue collar and (duh) sexy. I’m told Bamber is on board for at least three episodes, the first of which is slated to air in late November.

As TVLine just reported, Bamber is also set to guest star as a patient with a big secret in the Nov. 7 episode of House.

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, News, Scoop, Spoilers

1. Vannesa says:

Looking forward to seeing Captain Adama again. :D Can’t wait to see him again. ;D

2. Athena says:

Dana was in an episode of Battlestar too, wasn’t she?

Anyways, looking forward to seeing Captain Apollo on my TV again!

3. DL says:

Nice! Was so sad when 17th Precinct never made it to series. He definitely deserves better gigs than being the criminal-of-the-week on CSI: Miami!

4. Ceecile says:

So weird because I’ve been feeling nostalgic about the show all day, watching videos, cast interviews(…) and news about it or its actors keep coming out! (Bryan Singer doing a BSG movie, double the Jaime goodness..)

5. Deena says:

If only DS Matt Devlin had not been shot. I honestly never saw him on Battlestar Galactica but I cannot tell you how attached to him I got on Law & Order UK. I’m still in mourning. I wish somehow he could show up on SVU…

• Lorie says:

Same here. I never saw BG, but I fell in love with him on L&O:UK. I still miss him big time. Since he can’t return to L&O, how about Prime Suspect?

• Jessica says:

I initially watched L&O:UK for Freema Agyeman, but Jamie Bamber kept me coming back. So sad that Matt Devlin is no more.

• Magically Suspicious says:

Ditto. Never saw Battlestar Galactica, but LOVED him as Matt Devlin. I lost a lot of interest in the show when they killed him off.

• Belinda says:

I’ve watched him on both BSG and Law&OrderUK, and he is brilliant on both. While I don’t like that he’s gone from L&O:UK, it was his choice to part with the show and the writers wrote an amazing and powerful story with it. If Matt was to go out any way, saving the life of a 12 year old boy is what I want. He died a hero’s death and it’s clear that his exit will be impacting show for a long time to come. I’m still gonna be watching L&O:UK because it’s such a good show even with my favorite gone because the exit they gave him was a brilliant and deserving exit that’s true to the character’s core. Anyways, his successor character Sam Casey is wonderful too.

6. Lorie says:

HOT DAMN!!! First, the news about House and now Body of Proof. Can’t wait to see him back on TV.

7. Brooke says:

All this Lee Adama news and none for shows I watch! Boo.

8. Patrick says:

Somebody got Lee Adama all over my TV season!

I’m not complaining, mind you… ;)

9. Tej says:

I miss Captain Adama, but why is he showing up on all these crappy shows and that one random TNT show with Rachel Leigh Cook? Boo you NBC and your lack of appreciation for Ronald Moore, Tricia Helfer, James Callis and this wonderful Fighter pilot, I mean lawyer, I mean actor…

• Samantha says:

I agree! I don’t watch this or House (I HATE house and Dana Delany just puts me off). Why can’t you show up in some good shows Bamber?! I need your sexy face on my screen again please!

• Liz says:

When an actor’s pilot doesn’t get picked up (See: 17th Precinct), they take the jobs that are offered until pilot season rolls around again. Like it or not, these are great, high-profile guest shots for him.

• Samantha says:

Yeah I know and I understand that, I just wish it were other shows!

• Carolyn says:

I’m with you Samantha. They are not shows I watch. But I think I’ll have to stomach an episode of House to see Bamber. I saw an episode of Body of Proof, wasn’t enough to keep me watching, but Jamie will ;) And as with L&O:UK, once he’s gone, so will I. Maybe if we start suggesting other shows, we’ll get lucky and see him on the shows we do already watch!

10. joe says:

I laughed my head off. Another over 50 year old woman making it with a mid 30’s guy. When will Hollywood get real!

• CJ says:

Dana Delany may be over 50, but I don’t think the character is supposed to be quite that old.

• Amy says:

Joe, Demi Moore and Susan Sarandon would like a word with you…

• craig says:

But you have zero problem with the plethora of 60 year old men with 25 year old women?

• Linderella says:

Totally agree…some of us are old enough to remember Dana as a sometime “friend” of Tom Selleck on Magnum. I’m all over this couger thing. I love Jamie though – never watched his sci-fi series but am a loyal L&O: UK fan and totally miss Matt Devlin.

11. LadyCap says:

Is it me or does he resemble a young Robert Redford…say around the time of the Sting or The Way We Were?

12. Heidi says:

Yay!!! Jaime’s back on TV! I just love him and was crushed when they killed of his character on Law&Order|UK. I loved him in Master and Commander, BSG…Now he needs to do a cameo in Ringer with Ioan!

13. CJ says:

This may be a good story, but Megan Hunt already has a “love interest.” Several scenes every week consist of little more than some exposition mixed with non-stop flirting between Megan and Peter.

14. EveatEden says:

Wow he’s really getting around on the guest circuit. Here’s hoping he gets a show of his own or shows up on one my current shows full time soon! Miss my BSG actors and actresses!

15. Stormy says:

Jeez, he’s almost twenty years younger than her. That’s ridiculous.

• absherlock says:

And Joanna Cassidy, who plays her mother, is only 11 years older than her!

Kind of makes you wonder if this series was created for Delany (making it a heck of a vanity project) of if they were planning on casting a younger actress and all of these counter-castings are designed to bring the older actress back into the character’s age range…

• Rebecca says:

Why? Would you say the same thing if he were the older one and she were younger? I doubt it.

• Stormy says:

No, I wouldn’t. Because a woman’s reasons for dating a man 15 to 20 years older than herself are different than when the genders are reversed. Women, generally, look for maturity, stability, even wealth or power because most of the time the goal is marriage and children. Frat boys don’t fit well in that scenario. Young men who hit on cougars have a whole different agenda, and if Dana’s character is supposed to be smart, she’d know that.

16. mb says:

I just hope they let him speak his normal English/British, instead of using an American accent.

17. scifisiren says:

Good news, but it would be better if it was Mary McDonnell instead of Jamie Bamber. Rawr.

18. Paro says:

To the Body of Proof show: After Jamie, can you please cast Jason Momona to the show for Dana; maybe another “pick up the body person” that fills in for the other girl? He is like the “Hawaiian connection”. I love the show already but adding Jason would take it over the top! (Regarding the storyline on the show: Now this would definitely show her ex and boss, whose Boss! lol! It’s always great when the viewers see something we don’t expect! Love this show no matter what! Gotta go watch the next episode on HULU, (I don’t have a tv. lol!)

19. Josie says:

Pleeeeese get rid of the new love interest in the Nov. 2nd program, we almost turned off because of him…the FBI guy….she deserves someone more sophisticated.