Body of Proof Exclusive: Battlestar Galactica's Jamie Bamber to Romance Dana Delany

It looks like Dr. Megan Hunt’s personal life suddenly has a pulse.

Sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that Battlestar Galactica vet Jamie Bamber is joining the cast of ABC’s Body of Proof as a love interest for Dana Delany’s medical examiner.

His character, Scott Decker, is described as a blue collar and (duh) sexy. I’m told Bamber is on board for at least three episodes, the first of which is slated to air in late November.

As TVLine just reported, Bamber is also set to guest star as a patient with a big secret in the Nov. 7 episode of House.

Comments (42)

• Looking forward to seeing Captain Adama again. :D Can’t wait to see him again. ;D

Comment by Vannesa – October 17, 2011 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dana was in an episode of Battlestar too, wasn’t she?

Anyways, looking forward to seeing Captain Apollo on my TV again!

Comment by Athena – October 17, 2011 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yup! 2.16 Sacrifice.

Comment by Samantha – October 17, 2011 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice! Was so sad when 17th Precinct never made it to series. He definitely deserves better gigs than being the criminal-of-the-week on CSI: Miami!

Comment by DL – October 17, 2011 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He’s had better…in England.

Check out Law & Order : UK and Outcasts.

Comment by Kvivik – October 17, 2011 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Try to watch Jamie in “Horatio Hornblower” it is an 8 part mini-series it also star’s Ioan Gruffudd of ‘Ringer.”

Ayla

Comment by Ayla Rose – October 18, 2011 05:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So weird because I’ve been feeling nostalgic about the show all day, watching videos, cast interviews(…) and news about it or its actors keep coming out! (Bryan Singer doing a BSG movie, double the Jaime goodness..)

Comment by Ceecile – October 17, 2011 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If only DS Matt Devlin had not been shot. I honestly never saw him on Battlestar Galactica but I cannot tell you how attached to him I got on Law & Order UK. I’m still in mourning. I wish somehow he could show up on SVU…

Comment by Deena – October 17, 2011 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here. I never saw BG, but I fell in love with him on L&O:UK. I still miss him big time. Since he can’t return to L&O, how about Prime Suspect?

Comment by Lorie – October 17, 2011 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I initially watched L&O:UK for Freema Agyeman, but Jamie Bamber kept me coming back. So sad that Matt Devlin is no more.

Comment by Jessica – October 17, 2011 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto. Never saw Battlestar Galactica, but LOVED him as Matt Devlin. I lost a lot of interest in the show when they killed him off.

Comment by Magically Suspicious – October 18, 2011 06:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’ve watched him on both BSG and Law&OrderUK, and he is brilliant on both. While I don’t like that he’s gone from L&O:UK, it was his choice to part with the show and the writers wrote an amazing and powerful story with it. If Matt was to go out any way, saving the life of a 12 year old boy is what I want. He died a hero’s death and it’s clear that his exit will be impacting show for a long time to come. I’m still gonna be watching L&O:UK because it’s such a good show even with my favorite gone because the exit they gave him was a brilliant and deserving exit that’s true to the character’s core. Anyways, his successor character Sam Casey is wonderful too.

Comment by Belinda – October 18, 2011 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HOT DAMN!!! First, the news about House and now Body of Proof. Can’t wait to see him back on TV.

Comment by Lorie – October 17, 2011 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All this Lee Adama news and none for shows I watch! Boo.

Comment by Brooke – October 17, 2011 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Somebody got Lee Adama all over my TV season!

I’m not complaining, mind you… ;)

Comment by Patrick – October 17, 2011 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss Captain Adama, but why is he showing up on all these crappy shows and that one random TNT show with Rachel Leigh Cook? Boo you NBC and your lack of appreciation for Ronald Moore, Tricia Helfer, James Callis and this wonderful Fighter pilot, I mean lawyer, I mean actor…

Comment by Tej – October 17, 2011 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree! I don’t watch this or House (I HATE house and Dana Delany just puts me off). Why can’t you show up in some good shows Bamber?! I need your sexy face on my screen again please!

Comment by Samantha – October 17, 2011 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • When an actor’s pilot doesn’t get picked up (See: 17th Precinct), they take the jobs that are offered until pilot season rolls around again. Like it or not, these are great, high-profile guest shots for him.

Comment by Liz – October 17, 2011 10:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yeah I know and I understand that, I just wish it were other shows!

Comment by Samantha – October 18, 2011 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I’m with you Samantha. They are not shows I watch. But I think I’ll have to stomach an episode of House to see Bamber. I saw an episode of Body of Proof, wasn’t enough to keep me watching, but Jamie will ;) And as with L&O:UK, once he’s gone, so will I. Maybe if we start suggesting other shows, we’ll get lucky and see him on the shows we do already watch!

Comment by Carolyn – October 18, 2011 06:05 PM PDT
  • I laughed my head off. Another over 50 year old woman making it with a mid 30′s guy. When will Hollywood get real!

Comment by joe – October 17, 2011 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dana Delany may be over 50, but I don’t think the character is supposed to be quite that old.

Comment by CJ – October 18, 2011 02:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not to mention she’s D*mn sexy. I don’t think many 30 year old guys would have a problem with it.

Comment by Jax – October 18, 2011 04:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Joe, Demi Moore and Susan Sarandon would like a word with you…

Comment by Amy – October 18, 2011 04:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But you have zero problem with the plethora of 60 year old men with 25 year old women?

Comment by craig – October 18, 2011 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree…some of us are old enough to remember Dana as a sometime “friend” of Tom Selleck on Magnum. I’m all over this couger thing. I love Jamie though – never watched his sci-fi series but am a loyal L&O: UK fan and totally miss Matt Devlin.

Comment by Linderella – October 18, 2011 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it me or does he resemble a young Robert Redford…say around the time of the Sting or The Way We Were?

Comment by LadyCap – October 17, 2011 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • To me, he’s more like Richard Chamberlain of Thorn Birds era, but OK.

Comment by Tess – October 18, 2011 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay!!! Jaime’s back on TV! I just love him and was crushed when they killed of his character on Law&Order|UK. I loved him in Master and Commander, BSG…Now he needs to do a cameo in Ringer with Ioan!

Comment by Heidi – October 17, 2011 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This may be a good story, but Megan Hunt already has a “love interest.” Several scenes every week consist of little more than some exposition mixed with non-stop flirting between Megan and Peter.

Comment by CJ – October 18, 2011 03:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She also got hit on by that sexy FBI agent!

Comment by Becky – October 18, 2011 04:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • True! I’ve been hoping they’d bring him back! (I’m all for a Megan/Peter endgame, but not yet.) I won’t complain about seeing Jamie Bamber on my TV again, though.

Comment by Ace – October 18, 2011 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow he’s really getting around on the guest circuit. Here’s hoping he gets a show of his own or shows up on one my current shows full time soon! Miss my BSG actors and actresses!

Comment by EveatEden – October 18, 2011 06:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jeez, he’s almost twenty years younger than her. That’s ridiculous.

Comment by Stormy – October 18, 2011 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And Joanna Cassidy, who plays her mother, is only 11 years older than her!

Kind of makes you wonder if this series was created for Delany (making it a heck of a vanity project) of if they were planning on casting a younger actress and all of these counter-castings are designed to bring the older actress back into the character’s age range…

Comment by absherlock – October 18, 2011 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why? Would you say the same thing if he were the older one and she were younger? I doubt it.

Comment by Rebecca – October 18, 2011 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No, I wouldn’t. Because a woman’s reasons for dating a man 15 to 20 years older than herself are different than when the genders are reversed. Women, generally, look for maturity, stability, even wealth or power because most of the time the goal is marriage and children. Frat boys don’t fit well in that scenario. Young men who hit on cougars have a whole different agenda, and if Dana’s character is supposed to be smart, she’d know that.

Comment by Stormy – October 18, 2011 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just hope they let him speak his normal English/British, instead of using an American accent.

Comment by mb – October 18, 2011 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes please…! :)

Comment by Nita – October 18, 2011 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good news, but it would be better if it was Mary McDonnell instead of Jamie Bamber. Rawr.

Comment by scifisiren – October 18, 2011 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To the Body of Proof show: After Jamie, can you please cast Jason Momona to the show for Dana; maybe another “pick up the body person” that fills in for the other girl? He is like the “Hawaiian connection”. I love the show already but adding Jason would take it over the top! (Regarding the storyline on the show: Now this would definitely show her ex and boss, whose Boss! lol! It’s always great when the viewers see something we don’t expect! Love this show no matter what! Gotta go watch the next episode on HULU, (I don’t have a tv. lol!)

Comment by Paro – October 19, 2011 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pleeeeese get rid of the new love interest in the Nov. 2nd program, we almost turned off because of him…the FBI guy….she deserves someone more sophisticated.

Comment by Josie – November 3, 2011 10:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post