Exclusive

Exclusive Ringer Video: Get a First Look at Jason Dohring's Debut!

Class is in session, Ringer fans.

Jason Dohring — aka the actor formerly known as Veronica Mars’ Logan Echolls — makes his debut this Tuesday on the just-picked up CW thriller, and we have your first look at the man in action.

Ringer Exclusive: Did Henry Murder [Spoiler]?! Kris Polaha Sheds Light on This Week’s Big Twist

Dohring will recur on Ringer as Mr. Carpenter, a teacher at the New York City public school Siobhan’s stepdaughter, Juliet (played by Zoey Deutch), is forced to attend. Mr. C and his new star pupil don’t jump into a student/teacher romance too quickly, but executive producer Pam Veasey recently dished that Juliet does see him as an “ally” — which is evident in the clip below.

Loading video...
TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, Previews, Video

1. carmen says:

Yay, looking forward to Jason’s arrival. I miss him!

2. Sarah says:

Jason has been too long off my TV too (well okay so I can always pop in a VM or Moonlight DVD). He looks as good as ever and his addition to the show will only make my enjoyment of Ringer that much more…enjoyable.

3. Aria says:

Hoping he’s a permanent cast member, love him.

4. Bec says:

This just makes me miss Veronica Mars so much.
    I wonder if he’ll always be “Logan”, or if he’ll be able to act well enough to break that mould…

• Marz says:

I’d say he did well enough in Moonlight to break that mold. Josef was the best character in that show.

• lacey says:

I think he did a great job on Moonlight playing the vampire Joseph. I had no trouble believing his performance and never thought he was acting like Logan.

5. Snapy says:

We need a Veronica Mars movie. Do you hear us, Warner Brother?!?!

6. davey says:

Wow – I didn’t realize how much of a “RINGER” he is to Peter Krause from Parenthood (just a younger version). Miss Dohring from VM!

7. sophie says:

I’ve not watched this programme…but now that Jason is appearing in it I’m going to have to go and catch up. Love him. He’s been off tv far too long

8. mandy says:

I watched the first episode and wasnt thrilled. I have been saving watching the rest of the episodes until Jasons first episode airs so that I can hopefully have enough reasons to keep watching!

9. Gina says:

I don’t like the Ringer but I will watch the episodes Jason is in. He is such a great actor. He was my favorite Vampire on Moonlight. No doubt. Talented man.

10. Carey says:

I have been watching Ringer in anticipation of Jason Dohring’s return to TV. So excited to see him again. And just from that clip, I can tell this is going to be good. I don’t know how long they plan on keeping him on the show, but this man needs to be on television more!

11. AT says:

I hope he joins the cast. It definitely can only improve the series which has already been getting better with each episode. It’s good to see him in another role again! I loved him in Veronica Mars and Moonlight. I wonder why Hollywood hasn’t been snatching him up more often. Now they just need to get Sophia Myles on Hawaii Five-0. :)

12. Sparky says:

Makes me miss VM. Hope they make him a permanent cast member…

13. Tee says:

Not loving Ringer so far. Happy to see him back on TV and will definitely watch him, but hopefully he’ll find a better gig at some point.

14. Andrea says:

Never saw Jason in Veronica Mars but did catch him in Moonlight. I like him.

Have to say, I never thought I’d watch ANY CW show EVER, but Ringer is great! One of my favorite new shows this season. It’s also the first SMG series I’ve ever seen, and I now understand why she has the following that she does.

• John says:

Ok, so here’s whatcha need to do: go over to thewb.com and start watching yourself some VM.

Then, hop on Hulu or Netflix or find some DVDs and start watching Buffy (you can start with season 2; in fact, that’d probably be best).

Then, you can come back here and thank me.

15. april-ann says:

Cool clip! Thanks, Megan. I’m glad I’ve watched Ringer from the beginning. I wasn’t going to, but did just because I like SMG and wanted to see her on tv again. I really like this show. It’s like an exciting, fun suspenseful one-hour movie every week! Looking forward to this storyline involving Juliet.

16. Preston says:

Can’t wait to see Jason’s new movie, Searching for Sonny, with Minka Kelly! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGYXp7bBwZo&hd=1

• John says:

Can’t decide what’s stranger – Logan Echols and Lyla Garretty together, or Tim Riggins and Eric Northman teaming up to defeat aliens by sea…

Actually, wait, never mind…

17. Melody says:

I’ve missed him on my TV. I stopped watching Ringer after the second episode, but he could pull me back in.

18. Juliet says:

youhou !! Jason Dohring on my screen, he aged a bit and in a good way, he certainly looks like a full grown-up man instead of a tortured teenage bad boy (and i loved him like that also but we all have to grown-up..haha)
    And even in a short clip you already see his charisma on-screen, he should be a movie star seriously..but while it is coming i will watch him on tv so on this CW show..

19. michlela says:

je n’ai pas vu véronica mars,mais je l’ai adoré dans moonlight!!!joseph beth et mick les trois acteurs ont été géniaux!!!!
    très heureuse pour ringer,j’espère que ça va marcher!!
    d’accord avec at quesqu’ils attendent pour faire venir sophia myles sur hawai five o?????

20. Karyn says:

I stopped watching the ringer after 2 episodes, but will check it out again after this news, yay!

21. Tia says:

This video clip just made my day. It’s the perfect way to start a Monday.

22. Gabby says:

SO excited!!! I’ve missed Jason on mt TV so much!

23. Kathi says:

i agree with everyone here! Jason has been MISSED on network tv..his far too few cameo roles just are not enough!! Bring this man back on a permanent, regular basis!!! I fell in love with him on Moonlight (Josef was awesome!) and bought the VM DVDs because of him! Now i have been watching Ringer in joyful anticipation of his return to tv!! Woot!! Welcome back, JD! Dont go away again!!!!!

24. Rebecca says:

Loved him on Veronica Mars, and he was the best thing about Moonlight. I do hope, though, that Ringer also gets at least one strong new female character. SMG needs another one around.

25. Lucky says:

I’m so excited to see Jason Dohring on screen again! I know this talented actor will make “Mr. Carpenter” shine.

26. Lucky says:

Also eagerly awaiting Searching for Sonny, and looking forward to the world premiere this weekend at the Austin Film Festival.

27. Blue123 says:

Glad to see JASON back in action. Great actor and he will add to THE RINGER.