Exclusive Ringer Video: Get a First Look at Jason Dohring's Debut!

Get More: Exclusive, Previews, Video

Class is in session, Ringer fans.

Jason Dohring — aka the actor formerly known as Veronica Mars’ Logan Echolls — makes his debut this Tuesday on the just-picked up CW thriller, and we have your first look at the man in action.

Ringer Exclusive: Did Henry Murder [Spoiler]?! Kris Polaha Sheds Light on This Week’s Big Twist

Dohring will recur on Ringer as Mr. Carpenter, a teacher at the New York City public school Siobhan’s stepdaughter, Juliet (played by Zoey Deutch), is forced to attend. Mr. C and his new star pupil don’t jump into a student/teacher romance too quickly, but executive producer Pam Veasey recently dished that Juliet does see him as an “ally” — which is evident in the clip below.

Loading video...

Comments (33)

• Yay, looking forward to Jason’s arrival. I miss him!

Comment by carmen – October 16, 2011 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jason has been too long off my TV too (well okay so I can always pop in a VM or Moonlight DVD). He looks as good as ever and his addition to the show will only make my enjoyment of Ringer that much more…enjoyable.

Comment by Sarah – October 16, 2011 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hoping he’s a permanent cast member, love him.

Comment by Aria – October 16, 2011 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This just makes me miss Veronica Mars so much.
    I wonder if he’ll always be “Logan”, or if he’ll be able to act well enough to break that mould…

Comment by Bec – October 16, 2011 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’d say he did well enough in Moonlight to break that mold. Josef was the best character in that show.

Comment by Marz – October 16, 2011 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think he did a great job on Moonlight playing the vampire Joseph. I had no trouble believing his performance and never thought he was acting like Logan.

Comment by lacey – October 16, 2011 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We need a Veronica Mars movie. Do you hear us, Warner Brother?!?!

Comment by Snapy – October 16, 2011 07:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow – I didn’t realize how much of a “RINGER” he is to Peter Krause from Parenthood (just a younger version). Miss Dohring from VM!

Comment by davey – October 16, 2011 07:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve not watched this programme…but now that Jason is appearing in it I’m going to have to go and catch up. Love him. He’s been off tv far too long

Comment by sophie – October 16, 2011 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I just watched all 5 episodes that have aired in a mini-marathon, and it’s definitely a really fun ride.

Comment by Brooke – October 16, 2011 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched the first episode and wasnt thrilled. I have been saving watching the rest of the episodes until Jasons first episode airs so that I can hopefully have enough reasons to keep watching!

Comment by mandy – October 16, 2011 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t like the Ringer but I will watch the episodes Jason is in. He is such a great actor. He was my favorite Vampire on Moonlight. No doubt. Talented man.

Comment by Gina – October 16, 2011 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have been watching Ringer in anticipation of Jason Dohring’s return to TV. So excited to see him again. And just from that clip, I can tell this is going to be good. I don’t know how long they plan on keeping him on the show, but this man needs to be on television more!

Comment by Carey – October 16, 2011 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope he joins the cast. It definitely can only improve the series which has already been getting better with each episode. It’s good to see him in another role again! I loved him in Veronica Mars and Moonlight. I wonder why Hollywood hasn’t been snatching him up more often. Now they just need to get Sophia Myles on Hawaii Five-0. :)

Comment by AT – October 16, 2011 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Makes me miss VM. Hope they make him a permanent cast member…

Comment by Sparky – October 16, 2011 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not loving Ringer so far. Happy to see him back on TV and will definitely watch him, but hopefully he’ll find a better gig at some point.

Comment by Tee – October 16, 2011 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Never saw Jason in Veronica Mars but did catch him in Moonlight. I like him.

Have to say, I never thought I’d watch ANY CW show EVER, but Ringer is great! One of my favorite new shows this season. It’s also the first SMG series I’ve ever seen, and I now understand why she has the following that she does.

Comment by Andrea – October 16, 2011 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ok, so here’s whatcha need to do: go over to thewb.com and start watching yourself some VM.

Then, hop on Hulu or Netflix or find some DVDs and start watching Buffy (you can start with season 2; in fact, that’d probably be best).

Then, you can come back here and thank me.

Comment by John – October 16, 2011 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cool clip! Thanks, Megan. I’m glad I’ve watched Ringer from the beginning. I wasn’t going to, but did just because I like SMG and wanted to see her on tv again. I really like this show. It’s like an exciting, fun suspenseful one-hour movie every week! Looking forward to this storyline involving Juliet.

Comment by april-ann – October 16, 2011 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait to see Jason’s new movie, Searching for Sonny, with Minka Kelly! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGYXp7bBwZo&hd=1

Comment by Preston – October 16, 2011 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Can’t decide what’s stranger – Logan Echols and Lyla Garretty together, or Tim Riggins and Eric Northman teaming up to defeat aliens by sea…

Actually, wait, never mind…

Comment by John – October 16, 2011 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve missed him on my TV. I stopped watching Ringer after the second episode, but he could pull me back in.

Comment by Melody – October 16, 2011 10:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • youhou !! Jason Dohring on my screen, he aged a bit and in a good way, he certainly looks like a full grown-up man instead of a tortured teenage bad boy (and i loved him like that also but we all have to grown-up..haha)
    And even in a short clip you already see his charisma on-screen, he should be a movie star seriously..but while it is coming i will watch him on tv so on this CW show..

Comment by Juliet – October 16, 2011 11:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • je n’ai pas vu véronica mars,mais je l’ai adoré dans moonlight!!!joseph beth et mick les trois acteurs ont été géniaux!!!!
    très heureuse pour ringer,j’espère que ça va marcher!!
    d’accord avec at quesqu’ils attendent pour faire venir sophia myles sur hawai five o?????

Comment by michlela – October 17, 2011 03:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I stopped watching the ringer after 2 episodes, but will check it out again after this news, yay!

Comment by Karyn – October 17, 2011 05:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This video clip just made my day. It’s the perfect way to start a Monday.

Comment by Tia – October 17, 2011 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SO excited!!! I’ve missed Jason on mt TV so much!

Comment by Gabby – October 17, 2011 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i agree with everyone here! Jason has been MISSED on network tv..his far too few cameo roles just are not enough!! Bring this man back on a permanent, regular basis!!! I fell in love with him on Moonlight (Josef was awesome!) and bought the VM DVDs because of him! Now i have been watching Ringer in joyful anticipation of his return to tv!! Woot!! Welcome back, JD! Dont go away again!!!!!

Comment by Kathi – October 17, 2011 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved him on Veronica Mars, and he was the best thing about Moonlight. I do hope, though, that Ringer also gets at least one strong new female character. SMG needs another one around.

Comment by Rebecca – October 17, 2011 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so excited to see Jason Dohring on screen again! I know this talented actor will make “Mr. Carpenter” shine.

Comment by Lucky – October 18, 2011 06:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Also eagerly awaiting Searching for Sonny, and looking forward to the world premiere this weekend at the Austin Film Festival.

Comment by Lucky – October 18, 2011 06:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to see JASON back in action. Great actor and he will add to THE RINGER.

Comment by Blue123 – October 18, 2011 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s just Ringer, no the.

Comment by Miranda Valenti – October 19, 2011 12:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post