CSI: NY Preview: 'Lindsay Stands By Her Man!'

Get More: Interviews, Previews, Video

This Friday’s installment of CSI: NY (CBS, 9/8c) finds Danny in some serious trouble, and who better to come to the rescue than his better half?

TVLine was on set for the CBS hit’s standout episode, and spoke to Carmine Giovinazzo and Anna Belknap about Lindsay’s newfound strength and the shocking turn of events that (eventually) leads Danny back to the lab.

CSI: NY Plots Once & Again Reunion

What exactly happens that makes the detective want to ditch his fancy new duds? Long story short: Danny tries to do something nice for his new team, and a harmless night of drinking results in an unconscious (and beat up) Danny stuck in the middle of an ugly Internal Affairs investigation — with his young officers selling him out.

“Danny winds up in a sticky situation and even though he didn’t do anything wrong, it doesn’t reflect well on the department,” Belknap teases. Adds Giovinazzo, “It’s not the trouble we’re used to seeing him in. This time his rookies betray him, and it’s ultimately the catalyst to getting him back to the lab.”

Belknap says that “things really escalate when someone starts saying things that aren’t true,” hinting at Danny’s new female partner (played by Jeananne Goossen). “Instead of Lindsay feeling totally helpless, she decides to take an uncharacteristic step and takes it into her own hands…. She stands by her man!”

Exclusive: Castle‘s Life Is In the Hands of Breaking Bad‘s Dean Norris

Giovinazzo playfully teases that his onscreen wife “comes in and takes control” once she hones in on who is angling to screw over her hubby, adding, “She even schools him on how to talk to the Internal Affairs agent, played by Dean Norris (Breaking Bad). Danny definitely does a little bit of the ‘OK, dear’ thing.”

“I would have loved for the show to keep Danny out [in the field] longer, but I’m sure the Powers That Be know what the people want,” Giovinazzo says candidly. “We definitely got a good run out of it, though.”

Watch one of Lindsay’s many saves of the episode in the clip below, and then hit the comments with your thoughts on Danny’s impending return to the lab.

Loading video...

Comments (24)

• I love it! Thank you so much. It’s a great clip, and not only that ““She even schools him on how to talk to the Internal Affairs agent???” Its about time we’ve got to see Mrs. Messer really be Mrs. Messer!

Comment by Erin – October 14, 2011 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • thank you Megan! very excited. I love that Anna really gets to have a chance to play around and shine here!!

Comment by Lila – October 14, 2011 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES!! I am so looking forward to this episode.

Comment by Juliab. – October 14, 2011 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks so much Meg. Really looking forward to tonight’s episode!

Comment by Rhylee – October 14, 2011 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you Megan! There is so much right about your intel and it only makes me excited more. Love love love that we get to see the Messers like this. :P

Comment by Jayne – October 14, 2011 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I kinda agree with Carmine, it wouldn’t have hurt to leave him a while longer out there but I’m not going to complain that he is back in the lab.

Looks like an amazing drama fueled episode. Counting the minutes. ;)

Thanks Megs. :)

Comment by Jess – October 14, 2011 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why is it always Danny who seems to be in the middle of Internal Affairs investigation? From what I just saw it seems like Lindsay should be the one in the Sergeant’s position!

Comment by Alicia L. – October 14, 2011 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • In terms of talent and clean record, you’re right–Lindsay does seem like a more plausible Sargeant. But Danny has come up through the ranks and has a past as a beat cop, while Lindsay was a lab tech in Montana then moved to the lab in New York.

Comment by satirex – October 15, 2011 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Meh. Reminds me of the episode where Danny is hauled before IA for shooting an officer in a subway station, speaks to IA and nearly loses his job and ends up charged for the shooting.

Comment by Gretchen – October 14, 2011 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you so much! Love all the DL goodness! Thanks for keeping us up to date and giving us sneak peeks!

Comment by Tess – October 14, 2011 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why wait til the night of the ep to publish this spoiler? Well, I think saying they “got a good run” from it is a bit much. Didn’t last long at all. Glad thougj, they have Flack as a cop, think they only did this storyline in case the show ended.

Comment by Pickle8182 – October 14, 2011 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This storyline and the Mac wrapping up his last “corner of the desk” case at the end of last season show how close this show came to ending.

I’m happy it stayed around, but now they will have to do another wrap it up bunch of episodes in the spring.

Comment by Gretchen – October 14, 2011 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • looks to me like Lindsay knows something Danny doesn’t. She wants to get him away from there really fast … :p

Comment by Jayne – October 14, 2011 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s a BS plot. He’s a seargent, they are rookies. And, still they have the upper hand on him? It’s pure BS. P.S.Flack & Sid are the only characters that are worthy it. Go Blue Bloods.

Comment by ------------- – October 14, 2011 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Way to go Lins! Ya! Stand up for your man! I love CSI:NY & always will!

Comment by Debbie – October 14, 2011 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It is nice to see Lindsay back to being strong.
    I am tired of Danny always being under IA’s watch – old plot, tiresome.
    I would love to see the newbies smacked, especially the female that was flirting with Danny – she seemed to be up to something. Danny should not have gone out with the rookies and the rookies, in real life, would not have got the upper hand.
    I will be glad that Danny is back in the lab – he is good in that role.
    As far as comparing to Blue Bloods – I love Blue Bloods and I love CSI NY – different stories, both good. Why folks get into the either or is silly at best. Two hours back to back of good entertainment. What is wrong with that?

Comment by Dana – October 14, 2011 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i love this show and have been a loyal watcher since season one. i am soooooo excited. i can’t wait for there to be more scenes between danny and lindsay. i absolutely love carmine and anna together. they have this chemistry that i have never seen on any other show. it is amazing how well this cast works together. i have been waiting for this to happen since the first episode of the season.

Comment by krissy – October 14, 2011 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the sneak preview. I definately will be seeing this episode. You guys work hard at keeping interest alive. Gray does some fine work on and off screen . You foundation really rocks. You care about your viewers and veterans like no one I have ever met. Great writers. I am 100% disabled vet and appreciate what you do for us all.

Comment by Robert Kilkelly – October 14, 2011 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the look Danny gives the IA officer, like yeah, I would not mess with my wife if I were you. This episode looks really good – can’t wait to watch it.

Comment by Kimberly – October 14, 2011 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cannot tell you how much I love this clip! How awesome is Mrs. Messer? And you mean there’s more? So very excited, even more so since I know my fav crush from elementary school Joey McIntyre is also making a small appearance in the episode!

Comment by Allie – October 14, 2011 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very excited for this episode go Lindsay :)

Comment by Julie – October 14, 2011 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Was a good eppy!! Sad that we don’t get more of Danny in his cop suit but so glad that he is back with Lindsay in the lab :)

Comment by IB – October 14, 2011 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really enjoyed seeing Danny out in the field, but more than anything I hope he doesn’t get demoted so that he retains his sergeant rank. He’s earned it! Don’t give Danny Messer the short end of the stick!

Comment by DL – October 14, 2011 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love CSI NY it is my favorite show. I love Danny and Lyndsey together. They make the cutest couple. Lyndsey just looks the type to stick up for her man. She’s little but tough. I especially love MAC and Stella. Oh who am I kidding. I love all the characters.

Comment by Ellen Smith – October 14, 2011 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post