Exclusive

Exclusive: Breakout Kings Abducts Roswell's Jason Behr

Jason Behr is a most wanted man.

The Roswell hottie has landed a potentially recurring role on A&E’s fugitive-themed drama Breakout Kings, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Behr will play Darius, a convicted rapist and murderer who manages to escape from prison with the help of an adoring sycophant. Equal parts vicious, amoral, and brilliant creep, Darius proves to be a real foil for Duchamp’s rag-tag task force.

Behr will turn up in Kings‘ season 2 premiere, which starts shooting next week in Baton Rouge.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, News, Scoop, Spoilers

1. Nikki says:

Its so sad he’s still remembered for a show from 13 years ago. Gosh, we are all getting old!

I used to have such a crush on him and his curtain hair cut!

• Emily says:

13 years ago?! Wow, now I feel old. Gonna have to tune in to see his episodes.

• lorna says:

Congrats to him. I love watching Nick on Revenge, Katie when she was on GA, etc. YAY. I’m about to rewatch my Roswell DVDS.

• linda cowley says:

I absolutely adore jason, I watch my Roswell DVD’s at least once every two months can’t get enough of it, shame it couldn’t have gone on longer. Then i put on Skinwalkers and The Last International Playboy. I know kinda sad as i’m (57)!!!

• Liz says:

Well I have only watched Roswell for the first time on Netflix , almost at the end of season 3 and loving it, never heard of Jason Behr,I was probably watching the x-files. But completely hooked on him , watched the Tatooist to see a little more of him, I think he’s great but really disappointed he hasn’t been in more films of late. So come on Jason lets see a bit more of you on screen please.

• linda cowley says:

I’m exactly the same, keep watching my dvd’s over and over again. shame it couldn’t have gone on longer than it did eh!!

• Wendy Simmons says:

It has only been 8 years since Roswell ended, and he has only had parts in unknown films since then. Why does he have to be a rapist & murderer in this new show?! Yuck!

• lorie says:

I’m not thrilled either I know its just a part and acting but I really hate when those snarky fans make remarks about how he plays a good creep and bad guy. because he so couldn’t play Max Evans.

• nakiseka says:

thanks for this information ,it’s really great.i just miss watching him in this movie.

2. Sparty says:

Uh don’t your mean “ROSWELL” not “rosewell.”

Edit the headline.

3. Cindy says:

I have been waiting for Jason Behr to show up in something good soon, and this sounds like a great project for him. So excited to have him back on my TV.

4. Josh says:

Roswell went off the air in May 14, 2002, 9 years ago. Roswell premiered October 6, 1999 13 years ago. It will be good to see him back on TV.

5. Bob Kimball says:

I remember this show (ROSWELL) quite fondly. Just mentioned it to my wife this morning–eating out at a local restaurant–saw Tabasco Sauce on the table, mentioned how the “aleins” on ROSWELL used to drink that stuff by the bottle. Strange how we remember something like that, isn’t it? It was a good show-good characters. Introduced us to Kathryn Heigel (sp?), too, if I recall correctly. She played Jason’s sister.
    Bob

6. Amy says:

Never watched Breakout Kings, but I guess now I’ll have to check it out. I had a huge crush on Jason (well, his character Max really) back in the day.

• indie says:

Word! I really hope they’ll upgrade his role into recurring…funny though how KaDee played a rape victim last year and now he’s playing a rapist while they seem to be both involved in charities around the issue.

• Erin says:

You will not be disappointed if you start watching… BK is great!

7. Rebecca Parker says:

Just yesterday I was wondering what happened to him – he hasn’t done anything in a while. Glad to see he’s still around!

8. JJ says:

what a loser…… hasn’t worked in years… snooze……..

• lolo43 says:

he has worked in a few movies, and he’s still a great actor.
      can’t wait.

• Heather says:

maybe he made enough money to stay home with his family for 9 years…I’d like to be that kind of a loser!

• JJ says:

7 movies nobody has ever heard of since 2005 in Hollywood is a loser. if he was any good he would be doing movies like Ryan Reynolds or series like Patrick Dempsey. snoooooooze.

• annie says:

actually he played in 8 movies after Roswell…He’s a very talented actor

• Gela says:

Just because a movie is not a big hit doesn’t mean the actor is bad. Jason has worked in 12 films since the end of the Roswell series 10 years ago, most were independent or “smaller” films, but he did star in a couple that were fairly big hits namely “the Grudge” & “the Tattooist”. You should check’em out!

9. Katie says:

Actually he has worked….not on television shows but on movies…crappy movies but he’s working non the less.

10. Sami says:

I enjoyed Breakout Kings and was so excited that it was renewed. I too have been looking forward to Jasons return to…..anything. Another reason to look forward to season two.

11. Hornswaggler says:

I adore BK and though I haven’t seen Jason act, I use him as a playby for a character…x3 Unfortunately I’ll be reminded of Steven every time he comes on screen, but definitely worth it!
    Can’t wait for season two! I want my cons back! ^^

12. rich says:

I wish they’d continued with Roswell or at least ended it better. it was such a good show. can’t believe it has been 13 years…

13. Crystal says:

Yes! I’ve been waiting so long to see Jason back on tv. I’m thrilled!

14. Miffy says:

It looks like he finally grew into his ears.

15. lucky says:

What date does Breakout Kings air the 2nd season?? Can’t wait, this show is awesome!!!

16. Carla says:

Sooooo excited!!!! I love Roswell, maybe I’ll tune in for this now. I only started watching Grey’s back in the day, because I was such a huge fan of Katherine Heigl on Roswell. And they really should have ended it better. Glad to know other fans of the show are still around :D

17. bhm1304 says:

“Breakout Kings” had the misfortune of premiering on the same night and time as “The Killing” but as the seasons of both progressed it was an easy choice of which to watch and which to save for later. Happy it got picked up at all. Serinda Swan and Jimmi Simpson, who has been around forever but will always be a McPoyle, are the breakout stars and its an original concept for a procedural which is cool. They cast the convicts well, the best will always be Robert Knepper’s “T-Bag”. Behr is a recognizable get and can do charming sleazebag, so its good news.

18. Perrin says:

a rapist and murderer?? really?? well he’s a real actor now & some
    inspired casting director will realize his star potential we hope
    and get him offa these CREEPY roles. He’s one of the hardest working
    actors for his age group….miss him alot from ROSWELL. anybody
    who does their reading for the role while sick is a COMPLETE ACTOR
    already in my books.. had his bro drive him in.. read last and got
    the role?? what acting chops… well hollywood will pull their head
    outa their nether regions eventually and put him back into SCI FI
    where he belongs.. many many fans already… BE WELL JASON and if you
    wish success in your role may you get it.

19. greyg says:

Well we’re all (cept the jj poster) in for a treat. Bout time he quit
    playing with that basket ball and got back to the movies! Now he can
    quit the beer swilling, video watchin routine and make us all happy
    again. I r.e.a.l.l.y. wish his MANAGER could do his job and get him
    a decent roll (not that he’s not the pickiest actor in Hollywood).
    I get trying to be like Paul Newman but seriously the fans make or
    break you along with your body of work and Jay can’t rely on his
    hard body much longer, he’s gettin long in the tooth and the juice
    will only keep his pecs up sooooo long ya know.
    All comments aside i wish he TREMENDOUS luck in his next
    film and may he WAKE THE HELL UP and return to SCI-FI where his
    true *f*a*n*s* live… we all miss him much.. katherine too…

• truefeather77 says:

I think his manager DID get him those crappy roles. He hasn’t had the best luck with representation. He has recently changed management, though, and hopefully they’ll do better for him.

I don’t envy you your outlook on life, greyg. You’re friends with Mr. Behr, that you know about his daily routine?

He’s an incredibly talented actor and deserves a chance to sink his teeth into a role and show what he can do. And we who are his fans deserve a chance to enjoy watching. I wish him the best, too, and I can’t wait to see these episodes! I’ve never watched Breakout Kings, either, but I will definitely check them out now. :)

20. Iamiiix says:

To all those calling him a looser and a snooze, what the hell do u got to show, hell what do u even know bout acting? Just shut it and let him be, better yet get a freakin life.

• annie says:

Thanks Lamiiix! Beiing an actor doesnt mean beiing a hollywood famous star! There is some actors like Jason who are passionate by acting. It’s not only to be famous!

21. Jill Smith says:

I just watched the episode of Roswell where Max Evans dies. God he’s gorgeous! Jason Behr that is. I know he did a pilot for TV a couple of years ago that wasn’t picked up. Never heard of BK. Don’t have Showtime so will have to catch him on something else. Too bad. But doesn’t sound like my cup of tea.

22. truefeather77 says:

Roswell wasn’t 13 years ago. It started in 1999, which (at this moment) was 12 years ago, and didn’t end until 2002, which was 9 years ago. He’s also had several movies since, and it’s a shame Mr. Behr isn’t mentioned for some of those. Shooting Livien was a wonderful performance on his part, and supposedly Senseless is a great job by him, too, but few will watch it because it’s so graphic.

23. just need to say welcome back to tv. I still watch Roswell on Netflix. I wish you all the best. God Bless you. A fan alway Pat Alleyne