After her shocking ouster from CBS’ The Talk, Holly Robinson Peete is making her way back to CBS.
The actress has landed a multi-episode arc on the network’s hit comedy Mike & Molly, Deadline reports. Peete will play a love interest for Mike’s dating-challenged partner, Carl (Reno Wilson).
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• American Dreams alum Arlen Escarpeta will guest star on Episode 9 of The CW’s Secret Circle as the “smart, funny, and great looking” cousin of Jessica Parker Kennedy’s Melissa, E! Online reports.
• Glee and American Horror Story co-creator Ryan Murphy has teamed with former Chuck writer (and current Glee scribe) Ali Adler on a new single-camera pilot, which has landed at NBC. According to Deadline, the potential series is a “heartwarming comedy about a blended family” featuring a woman and two gay guys.
• Ashley Tisdale has sold a semi-autobiographical comedy pilot to ABC, Deadline reports. The Hellcats alumna would co-executive produce and star in the potential series, which centers on an independent young woman forced to move back home with her family.
• Despite less-than-stellar ratings, NBC has ordered six additional scripts of Maria Bello’s star vehicle, Prime Suspect.
• Lifetime has teamed with Renee Zellweger on Cinnamon Girl, a late 1960s period drama set in the Los Angeles music and movie scene. The big screen star will executive-produce the project.
• Katherine Heigl has sold a drama project to The CW. The potential series, titled Trending, tells the story of a 26-year-old who earns a living by traveling the world in search of the latest emerging trends (duh!).
• Jaleel White (Family Matters) has been tapped to host Syfy’s new game show Total Blackout, which pits contestants against each other in complete darkness.
• Veteran newsman Ted Koppel is set to appear as a special correspondent on NBC’s new Rock Center with Brian Williams.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?