Ratings: Psych Premiere, Horror Story Week 2

Psych fans turned out in good numbers for the USA Network series’ long-awaited Season 6 premiere.

Facing stiff competition from the broadcast networks’ 10 o’clock line-ups as well as the likes of South Park and American Horror Story, Shawn and Gus played to a crowd of 3 million total viewers, up 8 percent from the show’s fall 2010 midseason opener.

Psych saw gains in the 25-54 demo, but was down a few percentage points among the 18-49 crowd (with a 1.0).

Speaking of Horror Story, the FX drama in its second week drew 2.5 million viewers in its initial 10 pm airing while scoring a 1.4 rating, dipping just two tenths in the demo.

1. Mikaylah says:

Psych is back! I am so glad it did well last night. It was a great episode. :)

2. Templar says:

It was fantastic! Hopefully USA will continue to give us the caliber of programming they have been. The big four networks are failing us badly. Can’t wait for Covert Affairs to start.

3. s. says:

Yes! Two of my fav shows this fall. A great night of laughs and creepy entertainment. I’m a lil surprised with PSYCHs numbers! Yay :)

4. CD says:

I didn’t like the first episode of American Horror Story but last night’s episode was really good. Love Psych as always and love the WWE Figures at the start of the episode.

5. bhm1304 says:

How can you fail to mention the best show currently airing at 10pm Wednesday’s? – Idris Elba is again making his mark as the greatest detective on television in the second series of “Luther” airing on BBCa.

6. Elizabeth says:

So happy Psych did well with it’s ratings. Have been a fan of this show for years! One of my favorites.

7. Carrie says:

I’m so glad “Psych” is finally back! I love me some Shawn and Gus.

8. FilmFreak says:

Missed the first episode of American Horror Story but loved last night’s. Definitely on my must watch list from now on.

9. Alanna says:

PSYCH IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!! so glad its numbers were decent.

10. FHL says:

Psych was great! Loved the reference to the truly addicting House Hunters International.

11. Maura says:

I love pysch! It so funny, that i watched it twice so I could laugh all over again. Love the guest appearance from the Franklin & Bash Guy, he was hilarious! Great Job!

12. JJ Jinglehiemerschmitt says:

Psych is the best show on television today. If you watch and listen there is a joke every 5 seconds. Clever, hilarious and groundbreaking all at the same time. Brilliant!

13. elin says:

Psych was awesome!! loved the episode, one of the best so far <3

14. ali says:

Psych is the best show ever cant wait for season finaly tommorrow. Cant wait for it but im also gonna be sad cause we’ll have to wait a while for the next season. ( BEST SHOW EVER)