Gossip Girl's Penn Badgley Declares: 'Blair Is Dan's Soulmate!'

Warning, Chair fans: Penn Badgley is weighing in on who holds the key to his Gossip Girl character’s heart, and you’re not going to like it. Not one bit.

Dair fans, on the other hand, will be quite pleased.

“I think Blair is Dan’s soulmate,” the actor tells Nylon magazine.

Badgley concedes that he doesn’t know if “they’re ever going to get together,” but the moments he’s shared with evil dicatator of the Upper East Side rank among his favorites.

Gossip Girl Preview: Dan’s Blair Crush, Nate’s Control Issues and Chuck’s Dangerous Detour

“I’ve never enjoyed any scenes on the show as much as those scenes with Leighton Meester,” he reveals, adding that the early romance between Dan and Serena moved him “in a different way for obvious reasons, but strictly as an actor, those scenes with Blair are the best.”

Ready. Set. React!

1. ella says:

Yes, DARE TO DAIR! I totally agree with him. 100%

• MSC says:

LOL! Dair is pathetic and Penn just wants a story he;ll never get Chuck and Blair forever!

• Step says:

I don’t care what Penn says. Leighton chooses Chuck, Penn doesn’t write scripts, and the story is clearly Chuck and Blair. Db lose ratings anyway, networks don’t like that.

• Carrie says:

Pfunk at his best, right? Dair are terrible and everyone (and their ratings know it). I guess Dan ends up alone then because Blair loves Chuck. Feel the pain Anoners

• Lee says:

Leighton has also said this about DAIR.

“I think they’re good for each other in a lot of ways, in a way that Chuck and Blair aren’t.”

“They have a funny relationship I kind of wanna see where that goes I think it’s cute and it’s not like a relationship with anyone else. I think she kind of is her real self with him.”

• Crista says:

But Leighton always picks Chuck and Chuck and Blair. I’m sorry, but you haven’t made your case and the story is clearly Chuck and Blair.

• Michael says:

@Crista…you didn’t exactly counter her point. Blair does go back to Chuck for a week or month but they always break up. That doesn’t make them soul-mates. It makes them two people who are incredibly attracted to each other but are incompatible in EVERY OTHER WAY. I think that the chemistry between Lee and Ed is unbelievable, but, as a happily-ever-after, they make no sense whatsoever. When you have two people in a relationship that constantly sabotage each other there’s no way it can last. I wouldn’t go so far as to call Dan and Blair soulmates, but they do make more sense in terms of a long-term romance.

• em says:

I am going to completely agree with Michael here. Dair make more sense long-term…in real life. However, seeing as this is a TV show (and a CW one at that), real life doesn’t factor into scripts and ratings. So as much as I love Dair, I’m a realist. Chuck and Blair will most likely be endgame, but it doesn’t mean fans can’t dream, right?

• Megan says:

Penn’s feelings don’t really factor in here. Chuck trends, Chuck and Blair killed on Twitter when they had a two minute scene, and Dan isn’t popular enough to matter. Chuck and Blair have and continue to be the piring, despite Penn.

• Crista says:

If Leighton said it I would care. It’s Penn, who cares? Blair is having Chuck’s baby and Blair has no feelings towards Dan. I do feel bad for Serena fans.

• GG Fan says:

Last time I checked Blair was having Louis baby because that’s what was said on screen. And by the way only Chuck ends up trending not Chair, because “Chair” fans only care about him.

• E says:

Leighton didn’t necessarily say they were soulmates, but she has said she really likes their relationship.

“[Blair's] also exploring her friendship, relationship with Dan, which I also really like. I think they have a funny relationship, and I kind of want to see where that goes,”
          “I think it’s cute, and it’s not like a relationship with anyone else. I think she kind of is her real self with him, and her teasing him only makes him like her more, which is sort of cute.”

• Bonnie says:

I just think it’s funny he gives no reason other than he likes working with Leighton. Not really selling it for me ,Badge. No wonder I don’t buy is on screen. Chuck and Blair are hands down what the show will end with. I have no doubts.

• Lexie says:

Eh, penn can say what he wants. DB will amount to a fake kiss. I don’t really care because Chuck and Blair are having a baby together.

• Michael says:

It’s true. Dan and Blair are soulmates. They’re meant to be together on this spiritual level, but it will probably never happen. Dair haters need to comprehend better! But haters gon’ hate. :D

• Tyler Barnes says:

Blair and dfan;s relationship is the only part of the GOSSIP GIRL story line that makes it trulty interesting. Blair’s relationship with Chuck and Prince Louie are so typically GOSSIP GIRL and typical for Blaoir that I find it boring. i think Blair and dan have a deep love for each other that Blair does not want to admit and Dan is afraid will never go any where. I would be much more of a fan, if Dan and Blair have already had sex and if her baby is his, or if they consummate their relationship later this season if (or more likely, when) when her relationship with the Prince fails as I hope it will. I am hoping for a dan and Blair affair and even marriage eventually.

• O'Brien says:

Here’s the thing. I think DAIR is an awesome friendship, and that they could be a great relationship, but I don’t think that’s what Blair needs. The thing that I don’t get about any of this lately is that Blair and Chuck could have been together after 4×09, but she told him, Chuck, I’ve got to be Blair Waldorf before I’m Chuck Bass’s girlfriend. Somehow, that got mixed up and dropped so that she could have herself swallowed into a world where she will always be subserviant to someone else’s will (because that’s what being in a monarchy is).

Dan is a good influence on keeping her from going back to her “evil” ways, but the thing I always liked about Blair is that she realizes that sometimes, you’ve got to cross the line to make an appreciable change. She is ambitious. She is, at her best, an unappologetic b*tch, and I don’t think that Dan could ever really accept that, because really, Dan’s a very nice guy (or at least, he wants to be).

Maybe it’s best for Blair to end up with none of them. I think that Chuck, of everyone, gets Blair’s ambition the best, and doesn’t judge her for it. Now, granted, they are incredibly self-destructive, in part because they hate each other, which they do because they love each other, and they hate that about themselves, because it shows weakness. I prefer them to any other pairing, but really, if they weren’t so tortured and passionate, I’m not sure how I’d feel about it.

But I can understand it from Penn’s POV. Blair is a foil for him. Though he and Serena are great together, Blair is just as smart as he is, and doesn’t quite flit about freely and without consequence the way Serena does. Dan would feel more of a bond with Blair, because they both understand the burden of responsiblity. And they also have a ton of similar interests.

So, I guess this is my way of saying, I really like Dan and Blair, I think Chuck and Blair are freaking on fire and I love to watch them (and if they could somehow harness all of that passion into something, I mean, DAMN), but mostly, I’m team Blair. Because she’s awesome.

2. Liza says:

Nice interview with Penn. He knows his character best so I guess he has a right to his opinion, and in some ways I agree.

OK Chuckstans in 3….2…..1.. Let the Penn bashing begin LOL

• Carrie says:

LOL! I was LMAO at this. Oh, Penn dream on. Ed and Leighton always talk Chuck and Blair. Dair fans dream all you want it ain’t happeinin.

• Liza says:

Thanks Carrie for proving by point about the Penn bashing. I can always depend on the Chuckstans to show their backside LOL.

• Sarah says:

Carrie, you need to stop jumping on other peoples’ opinions. Gossip Girl fans are entitled to have whatever pairing they like and they’re not jumping down your throat because you ship Chuck/Blair. We should all be able to discuss our favourite pairings without starting fights. Personally, I enjoy seeing Blair and Dan interact, if for no other reason than because it’s really fun to see their characters get taken in different directions. Chuck and Blair got very stale for me and even if they do eventually get back together, I think it’s good that the writers are giving them a little break from one another.

And as you don’t know Penn personally, you have absolutely no right to make any sort of judgement whatsoever about him. He’s a talented actor who plays his character well, as are Leighton and Ed.

• Chuckstan says:

I don’t know why to even bother? Penn has a right to his opinion, just like Ed and Leighton have a right to their (very differing) opinions. And even if any of their opinions mattered to the writers, which they don’t, we all know how this show is going to end. So… sucks to be Dan, I guess. Hopefully they’ll at least give him his second choice.

• Lisz says:

Whatever Chuckstans!!!

Go back to the mothership and plan your next round of internet attacks on the writers and actors.

Also didn’t Leighton do an interview recently about liking the Dan/Blair relationship also….. That’s right she did and the Chuckstans reminded her on twitter that Chuck OWNS Blair :P

• Chuckstan says:

Nobody’s attacking anyone here but you. We all have a right to our opinions. And Penn’s matters just as much as your or mine, that being… not at all.

• Lisz says:

I see plenty attacks being made on Penn and I know why. Also I didn’t attack anyone; I stated my OPINION just like you did. If you don’t like it too bad. I already know about opinions being like A**holes and don’t need you to tell me. I’ve seen twitter attacks on the writers and actors so I not making sh*t up. If they don’t want people to see them attacking people then maybe they should stop…DONE

3. Michael says:

Yay!!! Dair’s the best thing to have happened to GG.

4. Fernanda says:

Penn is so lovely and smart… Dair FTW!

5. anna says:

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

6. H says:

DAIR DAIR DAIR DAIR DAIR DAIR!

7. Lapeste says:

EVERYBODY DARE TO DAIR

8. Karen says:

No reaction. Leighton has said Chuck and Blair are meant to be numerous times. I saw a longer version of the quote and it actually seemed like he was bashing Blakes acting. Someone bitter. I do appreciate how hard Penn and his PR are at trying to make Dair happen. I don’t recall stories when Ed or Leighton said Chair was meant to be?

• G says:

WORD!! Couldn’t say it any better than you did–my thoughts exactly!!

• Liza says:

I’m sorry, but NO WHERE in his interview did he bash Blakes acting. He’s obviously enjoying himself working with Leighton and stating so. Don’t try to bad mouth him because his opinion isn’t what you want to hear. Seriously, grow up.

• MSC says:

That’s what I thought! Penn’s a loser, sorry, he is. Too bad Leighton and Ed always talk Chuck and Blair!

• Amable, B says:

Please you chair fans were the ones getting butthurt over leightons ”love and war” quote a couple weeks ago, when she failed to mention much about chuck.

• Sarah says:

You do realise that the actors don’t get told what the endgame is, right? All they can do is air their own opinions. At the end of the day, they’re handed scripts and do what they get paid to do, so I wouldn’t take any of their opinions too much to heart. It’s not Leighton, Ed or Penn who get the final say on who their characters are going to end up with. That’s all down to the writers of the show.

• Liz says:

Penn’s PR team couldn’t care less about Dair. They’re busy touting his relationship with Zoe Kravitz and him protesting during Occupy Wall Street. He’ll also be doing Margin Call press junkets next week.

Plus, he and Blake share a publicist. There is no smear campaign out against Blake. If anything, the PR team would want to pump Dan/Serena to get as many Blake mentions as possible.

• Fawkes says:

Thank you. Finally some sanity. And Penn is entitled to his opinion. Chuckistan has become such a joke.. they still don’t get that people find their butthurt amusing.

9. Dominique says:

‘Cause she’s the best actress of the bunch. Duh.

10. Manu says:

Penn saying that made my life, to be honest. It’s great to know that the relationship you support is seen from the inside -no pun intended- the same way as you do.
    I totally agree with him, Blair is definitely perfect for Dan, and vice versa.

WHO cares what chairios say? They are running crazy around Twitter sending hate to GGWriters… pathetic, to be honest.

• Lucas Levine says:

how are you any better saying that something this silly “made your life” if you want to be able to talk about other people’s patheticness you should try to tone down your own.

• Athena Kaustus says:

Lucas please stfu. WE know you are pressed about Chair but no need to take it out on others.

• Manu says:

Why are you commenting here, again? Isn’t it pathetic of YOU to be comming on my patheticness? What a riddle… and why do you care if I’m pathetic or not, or what makes my life and does not?

Anyway, since when are internet comments taken at face value? Hyperboles do exist, just FYI. And the difference is clear: my being happy over something positive Penn says concerning the ship I’ve been rooting for for more than four seasons is understandable, and does make sense. Being butthurt and bitter and basically asking for Penn to be fired over it? It does not.

• Sarah says:

How very childish of you.

• GG Fan says:

Manu, just give them the side eye! Some are running around like chickens with their heads cut off because Penn Dare to Dair. Their trying to drown out all the postive Dair post and bashing Penn. If they didn’t this Dair was a threat they wouldn’t be making any comments.

• Manu says:

No doubt! Thing is, IDGAF what they say or thing or do, because like you said, they are doing all of it because they are threatened by Dair. And it’s delicious, TBH.

DARE TO DAIR TILL THE END(game).

• Susan says:

Not everyone is bashing Penn, but if it makes you feel bettter to bash Chuck fans keep thinking that. We are making comments because we want to show our love for Chuck and Chair. Dan/Dair fans are no different, but it makes you feel superior to bash us for expressing our opinions. Penn chose to give his opinion and we are returning the favor.

11. Liz says:

Woo Penn DAIR shipper lol
    I agree with him though I do think they are soulmates. They don’t necessarily have to be in love but I’m pretty sure they are always going to be friends now

12. Allie says:

He says Blair is Dan’s soulmate because he likes working with Leighton? How is that knowing his character best?

I mean, it’s nice to see him saying something about GG that isn’t insulting it or acting like he’s totally over the whole thing, but still.

13. LOL says:

You are in DANGER, AUSIELLO!!!!

DAIR IS AWESOME THO!!!!!

14. cm2 says:

Love Penn. Love DB. LOVE IT ALL! GGWriters, I hope you’re listening!

15. Vicky says:

Penn knows best. Dair is love.

16. Eliza says:

Uh-oh Penn lol
    I have never watched this show but as a loyal tvline reader, I know that his statement will make some people very angry!

17. Elizabeth says:

Maybe he said it as joke

18. Mia says:

Odd, I have watched this show for 4 years and I would never say that I think Blair is Dan’s soulmate. Vanessa, yes. Serena, maybe. It is refreshing to see Penn finally say something positive about the show.

• Jesse says:

I would have agreed with you 2 years ago. But after Serena played around with both Dan and Nate, I don’t think Serena’s soulmate is anyone on the show. And Vanessa and Dan never really seemed to have much chemistry. When Dair first began, I was completely for it, at least temporarily, knowing Blair and Chuck belong together. Now, I’m not so sure because Blair has always had that love/hate relationship with both Chuck and Dan. All I know is that she’s going to end up with one of those 2. Dan definitely if Chuck ends up killing himself.

19. Sammy says:

Leighton is always saying Chair is meant to be. Not sure that I have ever seen a story on that. I think its great that Penn is so into the Dair pairing. I still think Josh has been clear it won’t happen. Penn and his PR are really trying to make it happen. Its unfortunate.

I also think his shot at acting with Leighton is kind of tacky and harsh on Blake. That is IMO the story. Guess the break up is a little bitter.

• Liz says:

I doubt his PR team are behind any of this, especially if the theory is that he’s bashing Blake.

Just an FYI, but Penn and Blake share a publicist. (Furthermore, he wasn’t bashing Blake. He said that those early scenes moved him for obvious reasons, implying that he was falling for Blake while Dan was falling for Serena. Not sure how that’s bitter.)

• GG Fan says:

@Liz, their not rational with their attacks!! Their on goal on making comments is to bash Penn and Dair. I’m sure their sending Penn bash tweets to the writers right now. What they don’t get is that is only going to piss the writers off, and the pissing won’t be on Penn but the Chuckstans and Chairstans. Keeping Daring to Dair Penn, keep Daring to Dair.

• Sarah says:

Yeah, didn’t Blake and Penn have an amicable, friendly breakup? Speaking as someone who is experienced in friendly breakups, not ever couple ends with bitterness and fighting, and anyway, Penn and Blake are professionals, so I totally agree with you when you say you can’t see how Penn was being bitter. I think Penn was merely commenting on what an interesting dynamic Dan and Blair have, considering how hostile their relationship used to be. It sounds like a really fun challenge to take on as an actor.

20. Beth says:

Love Dair! ITA with Penn. Dan and Blair’s connection has been really amazing to watch develop over the course of the show. From the hallway scene to Dan encouraging Blair to take a risk and say I love you to Chuck to Dan helping Blair see that following in her mother’s footsteps might be the right path after all — I think they are right for each other. And their scenes can be meaningful or funny and snappy, I can understand why Penn likes them.

• ginia1110 says:

You pointed out so well what I thought was very appealing to Dair’s relationship. When I rewatched Gossip Girl from season 1 to 5 continuously, the story flow made more sense to me. I like the hallway scene, Dan has connected to Blair. It that connection lacks romance, but now that I think of it, its like a sign to something greater to happen.

I also love it that you notice HOW DAN WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO WAS ABLE TO POINT OUT BLAIR’S REPUGNANCE TO TAKE THE SAME CAREER PATH AS HER MOTHER AND MAKE HER SEE IT ANOTHER WAY. Something that has been going on for a long time, with Blair constantly seeking other “powerful women” just because she didn’t want to be like her mother. Its also something that I havent really seen Chuck do, not in all those many years i ship Chair.

I like Dan for Blair because he will be a good bridge between Blair and her mother. To recall, Blair’s issues is being insecure of Serena because of her mom. Dan, who actually knows how to be loved by his father and sister, and doesn’t have any dark fatherly issues like Chuck, scorn by his uncle, abandoned and betrayed by his own mother, Dan will be more genuine in showing her how blood is thicker than anything, and Blair will be love just as she is because that what makes her precious.

I honestly think it awesome how Dan, this straight laced guy who has mocked Blair and her often insane, manipulative ploys, was able to dug out the real person inside of those schemes (and even find that trait attractive in the end), and love her. Dan is very much aware of Blair’s wrong doing since day one, but no, he actually find that side of her charming, but instead of generalizing her as that person alone, Dan has also found different facets of her, which i really like too.

I’ve been a Chair fan since season 1, but after Blair started being “friends” with Dan and using the “plausible deniability” stunt, I thought they were really cute, but i still wanted Chair. But later on, when I saw how different Dan could be, that’s when i started courting the idea that she and Dan could actually have a long, fruitful relationship together.

He has interacted with Blair’s mother, her step father, and even tried vying for Dorota’s affection during breakfast time (one thing I cannot stop thinking is the fact that Chuck, Nate, or Louis will not be able to interact with Dorota as well as Dan can. I mean, she’s practically a fountain of Blair information. Anyone who can get Dorota on their side is like having Blair-Waldolf-whisperer on your side. And Dan, though reluctantly, is still willing to adjust Blair’s elite world (though not as often or as naturally) just because of the fact that she’s in it, and he can also fit in with the simple life together with her mother, her trusted help, her step-father, etc.

He would be the very first guy ever to put EVERYTHING ASIDE for Blair, instead of how she usually does, first by turning a blind eye on Nate and him pinning for another girl, or always having to struggle with Chuck and perpetually second guessing herself and her place in his life, or her always having to explain things to Louie and other people.

Why can’t viewers see that up until Dan, Blair’s relationship has been filled with lies, deception and endless mistakes? And when she tries to pursue her love one like she usually does, they always went the wrong way? That Blair has never been a friend to them before a relationship started?

I love, adore, respect, and virtually fangirl’s Blair as the sole character who made Gossip Girl worth watching. I love love love and LOVE everything about her, even down to how she was a bulimic who eventually fought that disease. I think that’s one of the main reason’s why I eventually choose Dan over Chuck for her. I love Chair as a couple before, but their love has become too destructive that I knew it was a kind of relationship that will pan out in the end.

I know Dair wont probably happen just because of ratings. But seriously, if ratings only rank less than the plot, I knew the writers would make Dan and Blair end up together.

ps: When I watched Penn outside GG he actually is a kind of actor that gives out in-depth analysis about the character he’s playing.That’s when thought Penn is that kind of actor who loves a good banter. And we all know how Dan talking to Blair provides him that much mental stimulation. Their conversations are filled with good spiels I would’ve mistaken GG as Rom-com. ^____^

21. Annie says:

I continue believing in Chuck and Blair

22. Vivi says:

DAIR FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

23. dani says:

I love you Mr. Badgley! Please keep saying smart things like these in the future. Yay Dair!

24. Julia says:

Completely agree with Penn!

I really like Dan and Blair together, they’re so freaking cute and i’m really rooting for them. GG Writers Dare to Dair!

25. Farrah says:

Stay classy Penn. Its one thing to say he likes working with Leighton but I agree it seems like he is saying he didn’t like DS because Leighton is a better actress then Blake. Not classy at all.

Blake and Penn have the same PR people right? I guess they finally are doing some work for Penn. If you look on twitter and on message boards Dair and Dan are very unpopular but suddenly all these sites love Dan and are posting about him. LOL

• Beth says:

I doubt Penn needs the publicity right now and that’s why he’s talking about Dair.

Just this past week he got lots of attention for dating Zoe Kravitz and for his Occupy Wall Street protesting. His next movie comes out next week. I think he’s doing okay without inciting shipper wars for PR.

26. Jennifer says:

Why would this make Chair fans upset? The only people that should be upset by this are Derena and Danessa fans. Penn may think Blair is Dan’s soulmate but that says nothing about who is Blair’s soulmate and which couple the show has been developing over the last four years. Hint: It ain’t Dair

To be perfectly honest it sounds like Penn is bitter over the breakup with Blake and is taking a shot at her. Not very classy Pfunk.

27. Tabby says:

In the Dawson’s Creek sense “Sometimes your soulmate is your friend” way, maybe. But I’m sorry, I think his true love is Serena, in my opinion. Plus Blair and Chuck are like Heathcliff and Cathy. They’ll always love each other most. If anything I think Dan would always be destined to be Mr. Linton.

• Ana Muller says:

I don’t know what all the fuss is about. To me what he said is that he likes acting with Leighton better, probably because she’s not his ex-girlfriend! And people need to stop acting like this interviews change the course of the show, actors aren’t writers.

28. Emily says:

Way to diss Blake in such a passive-aggressive way, Penn. Nice job.

You may think Blair is your character’s soulmate, but Chuck is clearly hers. I would hope they wouldn’t tear down 4 seasons of story to accommodate one actor’s ego. Jackie and Fez, anyone? Ugh.

29. Smallville944 says:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CHAIR FTW they have set Chuck & Blair up since season 1 so they must end up together not Dair otherwise i feel that Chair seasons 1-4 has been 100% pointless

30. Anna says:

It seems to me likely that Penn enjoys the scenes with Leighton but not because of it Dan and Blair are twin souls

31. Alex says:

Penn knows what’s up. The Dair scenes this season have been especially fantastic.

32. Chris says:

Yeah I don’t agree there Penn, as soulmates come I’d say Vanessa is most compatible with Dan, as couples go, DS is most compelling. As probably the most entertaining thing he’s done, ok I can see his interest but it doesnt translate to couple material. Sorry guy.

Though, putting down DS and by extension Blake was unnecessary.

33. Julia says:

Butthurt’s already started.

How predictable. Stay pressed Chuckistans.

• Jennifer says:

Chair fans aren’t hurt. We think it’s laughable and makes Penn sound ridiculous. Why would Chair fans care about Penn’s opinion? He doesn’t write the show. But since Vlada decided to post it and try to taunt the Chair fans with it, why not respond?

The only people I can see being hurt by this would be the Derena fans.

• Lena says:

Stay Classy.

• Carrie says:

Oh, it’s Bridget and her ass hurt again. Seriously girl, get a life

• Avi says:

Why are you using the word Chuckistans? What does that even mean? Why are you posting it multiple times under different names? Can this person get blocked for obnoxious posting?

34. Maria says:

Wait, so he thinks their characters are soulmates because he enjoys working with the actress who plays Blair? Logic fail.

And not very classy on Penn’s part, given the implications about his ex-girlfriend.

35. Joanna says:

So what? The reason Penn thinks Dan’s ‘soulmate’ is Blair is because he likes working with Leighton? What does that even have to do with the characters? How does that explain the most out-of-nowhere statement I have ever heard? So if he enjoyed working with Chace, would make Nate Dan’s soulmate? Not that I would mind of course.
    Stop trying to pimp your character, Penn. Or at least give a good reason for saying what you said.

36. Cassie says:

I’m sorry, but I just cannot get on the Dair train. For a lot of reasons. First and foremost, Serena. Out of everyone on the show, Chuck included, I always felt Blair loves Serena most. Before everyone else, they are soul sisters. The one person Serena truly loved was Dan. And she got her heartbroken, more than once. I can’t see Serena betraying their friendship like that, for any guy. And especially Dan, who for on Blair’s part, it seems like she cares for deeply. But only as a friend. I would almost go as far as to say it would be out of character for her to pursue something romantic for him, when it simply hasn’t been there. Secondly, the way Blair treated Jenny and all that. I don’t know, there are a lot of reasons they don’t work for me romantically. I do like their friendship though.

• Hannah Jo says:

Completely agree! Blair and Serena are the true soul mates of this show. Blair could never hurt Serena like that in the long run; it’s out of the question.

I used to want Chuck/Blair and Dan/Serena endgame, but now I think I’ll take Chuck/Blair/Serena living happily together and Dan maybe living with Nate, lol.

• ELILE says:

ok…lets go leighton is a way better actress than blake which is quite obvious..so its reasonable enough he likes working with her……..secondly thats just his opinion

37. Jared says:

I agree. Dan and Blair (and Charlie) are the only reasons I watch. Dan and Blair breathed new life into a dying show. Their scenes together are unlike any of the other duos.

Not to mention no one on the show is as witty or intelligent as Blair and Dan. They can verbally spar with anyone. And finding a man who can hold his groud with Blair is entertaining and enthrawling.

I would love to see Dan and Blair take their relationship to the next level, to see how they would function as a couple.

Chuck has made so many mistakes, and whether you believe that is what epic love is about it’s just inconsistent and ends of making him a hypocrit… he’s done unforgivable things to Blair (none of which Blair has done to him that COMPARE to his behaviors).

• Julia says:

THIS.

Ratings’ arguments 3…2…1…

• Jared says:

Arguments? Why not discussions?

• Julia says:

Look:

“Db lose ratings anyway, networks don’t like that” Comment by Step

How predictable.

• Jared says:

The couples hasn’t lost ratings… the show has continued to slip even when Chuck was with Blair in season 3….

• lexie says:

Actually the IP episode gained ratings. Dan was front and center in season 3 when they were losing them and CB were in the background. DB fans, you have no arguement on ratings anymore. You have the worst arc in history.Dan front and center has never sold and never will.

• Liz says:

All aging serialized shows lose ratings, period. This show reached its peak in S2, which is fairly typical for a show like this barring some major shift.

Chair as a couple didn’t maintain ratings either. Reuniting them won’t suddenly bring back ratings.

Going back in time and getting rid of the pregnancy storyline and the royal wedding might help. Shipper stuff aside, why are they spending a half-season on what will likely be an ill-fated pregnancy and wedding?

38. Kate says:

This is just kind of sad, tbh. What’s he going to say when Dan ends up with Serena?

39. Cassie says:

*I can’t see Blair betraying their friendship like that, for any guy.

40. Theresa says:

Great article! It says so much about the issues on GG. Dair is being explored to keep Penn happy and he thinks they are soulmates but has no idea why. Basically he just likes working with Leighton.

I do love how the media keeps pushing this couple. Fans are fleeing the show over it but now that people know Penn thinks they are soulmates because he likes working with Leighton people will rush back.

41. Elsa says:

As a Dair fan I completely agree. Dan and Blair connect on a level neither has with Serena or Chuck. Dan is the one person Blair can really be herself around. Her relationship with Chuck is nothing but non stop drama and abuse. Dair 4EVA!

42. Kristy says:

I completely agree! They both bring out the best in each other. I love watching Leighton and Penn in scenes together. Ahh, if only the show would go in the same direction.

• Jared says:

Dan said it earlier, he brings out the best in Blair. That’s been evident…

• CT says:

I agree interacting with Blair has been good for Dan, but it’s sucked for Blair. He’s just dragged her character down into the same pit of boredom he’s been mired in since NYU.

• Jared says:

Boredum or maturity and HEART? We all love her scheming but she’s 21 now… and going to be a mother.

• Olivia says:

Yeah, because that’s why people tune in to watch Gossip Girl. Maturity.

*Hardest eyeroll ever*

• Jared says:

Actually they watch a show for FIVE years to see their character’s GROW! Blair has grown with Dan. Blair regresses with Chuck. You can deny it all you want, the proof is in the seasons.

43. Brit says:

Your right Liza about the Chuckstans and Chairstans LOL. Look at them already bashing Penn and Dair. I’m not even a fan of either couple, but I hope in the end the writers screw them over.

44. Hannah Jo says:

I’m not offended as a Chuck and Blair fan, because I know they belong together. But as a fan of Dan and Serena, I do feel slightly sad. I guess I’d rather Dan end up alone at this point, because all of his previous relationships feel cheap for me.

Blair and Chuck, however? Are golden.

45. Sara Beth says:

Why does every opposite sex friendship have to result in a romance? What I liked about Dan and Blair was that they could be friends. Just friends, and have a believable, genuine friendship at that. It’s annoying that they have to turn everything into a romance. Especially on the show that has had close to incestuous partner swapping in the main cast. Especially Dan’s character. The only main female cast member he hasn’t been with is Jenny. And that’s because she’s his sister. He’s “been in love” with everyone else. Come on.

46. CT says:

Of course he loves working with Leighton, she’s by far the best actress on the show. I think he was hoping some of that would rub off on him. Not the case, sorry to say.

• Jared says:

He’s far better than Chace….

• Liz says:

He’s far better than Ed, who you can’t decide if he’s in pain or pleasuring himself.

Oh, the LOL level writhing in that scene from last episode. Ed is so over the top and ridiculous.

• Olivia says:

As opposed to Penn, who said he likes that you “don’t have to try as hard because it’s just TV”? Yeah, because it’s not obvious he isn’t trying. Not obvious at all…

47. Anon says:

Okay, to start off, I don’t really ship Blair with anybody. I don’t care as long as she is happy. And I think Dan makes her happy. But not in a romantic way. And honestly, she doesn’t need romantic support right now. She is pregnant. She is scared. She needs a friend. And Dan is perfect for that. But nothing more. At least not right now.

48. Kyler says:

Dair fans, not all of us dislike Dair because we’re Chair or Chuck fans. Some of us dislike it because the other relationships on the show feel cheapened by it. It lessens the integrity of the show for some of us.

• GG Fan says:

Kyler, That’s a lie and you know it!! It’s very obvious why Chuck and Chair fans dislike Dair. It’s interfering with their “epic” romance and Chairstans can’t stand it one bit. No matter that Blair is currently preggers for a Prince. Yeah, and save the it’s “baby bass” in her tummy for someone who buys that crap.

49. Alexa says:

Penn’s entitled to his opinion. Just like Leighton is entitled for hers, and hers is that Blair and Chuck are meant to be. :)

• GG Fan says:

Funny, I haven’t heard Leighton mention anything recently about Chair being meant to be, but I did see her interview where she said she likes Dan and Blair and want to see where the relationship goes :p….. and then she was Attacked by Chair fans.

• Stacy says:

More lies from PFunks Army of 12 from GGANON that are all over the comments here replying to one another. You guys crack me up. Leighton was never attacked by Chair fans. Why would she be? She just complimented Dan and Blair’s friendship. Right before the season started Leighton was asked by Jared of JustJared to pick among Chuck, Nate and Dan and she picked Chuck. This was around the same time she filmed that interview where she said nice things about Dair’s FRIENDSHIP

But don’t let little things like FACTS get in the way. That’s never stopped you guys before. It must be nice to be a Delusional GGANON Bland Shipper. Its a world where Chuck Bass only trends WW on twitter because he’s loathed (“Poor Chuck” must have been sarcasm), Dair is endgame, Dair increased ratings, and more than 12 people give a crap about the character of Dan Humphrey – despite the constant pimping of the likes of Vlada, tbrick and cadlymac. You guys are such a joke. Keep telling your crazy lies. No one is buying it but your fellow crazies from GGANON and the Fanforum Spoiler thread.

• r says:

the lowest episode in GG history was chuck/blair centered and ratings for any show would decline in season 4 compared to the first few seasons.

and not only vlada, tbrick, and cadlymac, but also popmatters, tim stack of entertainment weekly, michael aussiello from tvline, chris and jessica from new york magazine, tv guide, the insider, welovesoaps, etc., etc.! you should know, you guys organize campaigns to flood these people’s twitters and comments every week.

• GG Fan says:

LOL @ you Stacy because your whole post is BS. I love how Chair fans Dairnometer has gone from 2 fans to 4 fans to 10 fans and now 12 lol. It hurts to know that the Media enjoys Dair…suck it up. We all know it’s just a small set of you that go around chanting chair, chair, chair. Loving that you guys are BUTT HURT by what Penn said. Isn’t that why you guys are hear because your head Chairleader told you to attack LOL. And you can cut the Bu**Sh*T about Leighton not being attacked. It was on her twitter and people commented on it. Chuckstans are the reasons GG writers started blocking because they get attacked by Delusional Chair fans who think it’s called the Chuck and Blair show instead of Gossip Girl. Leighton gave two interviews after that Jared interview where she said she enjoyed Dan and Blair and wants to see where the relationship goes. Chuckstans are delusional in their own right in believeing what they want to believe. And obviously someone is buying my facts because their leaving their comments as well. Stay pressed and butt hurt Stacy. I’m sure wet dreams of Chuck will make you feel better. You can imagine he traded you for a hotel and a six pack :p

50. Elizabeth says:

As a CB fan, I can’t say I’m bothered by his comments. I just don’t see how him enjoying filming with Leighton has anything to do with Dan’s soulmate.

• Carol says:

Well he plays the character Dan and he’s enjoyed working with Leighton whom plays Blair. Blair and Dan are interacting and building a relationship and Dan has fallen for her. So in his opinion he feels Blair is Dans soulmate, plus they asked him a question and he answered. End of story!!