X Factor's Wednesday Outing Postponed: Check Out the Revamped Schedule

The X Factor‘s first round of visits to the judges’ homes has in effect been “rained out.”

Due to a massive rain delay that pushed Fox’s coverage of the American League Championship Series Game 4 into primetime, the network has opted to scrap the two-hour X Factor that was set to air this Wednesday night, in all markets.

Michael Slezak Ranks The X Factor‘s Top 32!

Instead, the next phase of The X Factor will roll out Thursday, starting at 8/7c, and then (D’oh!) Sunday from 8 to 10 pm (if the ALCS does not go seven games).

As for tonight: West Coast viewers will get an “encore” broadcast of previous X Factor antics, while the rest of us get America’s pastime.

This marks the second time this week that post-season hardball has played havoc with Fox’s primetime line-up. On Monday, the ALCS Game 2’s extra-innings match-up forced Terra Nova and House back an hour, negatively impacting both shows’ ratings performance.

1. rochelle says:

Good. Two hours is entirely too long anyway

• mimi says:

• AJ says:

You’re not the brightest bulb, are you Mimi? I can’t believe you called your cable provider. They are not the content provider. In this case, Fox is providing the content. Instead of calling Brighthouse, maybe you need to read a book.

• peewee62 says:

I’m from Texas and it pissed…..me off that baseball was on….everyone don’t watch base ball… very boring sport to me….and stop talking about people who are just telling you how they felt…I mean… I was pissed off….I wanted to call Fox channel myself….That messed my night up…and two hours is not long enough for me….I love seeing people happy fulfilling their dreams….So I agree with you mimi….So let’s hope we get a chance to watch X Factor tonight…..I know some people love base ball…but there is a lot of people that don’t like the sport…..

• JR says:

This is the World Series, GO DETRIOT!!!! Win it all!!!

• Will says:

I watched it. So I guess it must have been released somewhere.

I hope I don’t get in trouble, but everyone should be able to watch it.

• cathy says:

I got to watch the episode on CTV in Canada. It was really good and I enjoyed every moment of the two hours

• Traci says:

i agree with Keri! How rude!

2. Jerry says:

Have I mentioned I hate baseball on the network stations? It causes such a mess. Everything pushed back an hour on Monday on Fox, now this gone completely. Shows like New Girl delayed until November. Is the championship and world series worth that much to networks like Fox? It really aggravates me, and who knows how many others.

• Jerry says:

And also, especially with baseball and Fox, it’s like “hey – hope you enjoyed two-three weeks of your shows! Now say goodbye for a month!”

• Ben says:

The real issue is the way they choose to programme it. Why not plan for delays by not scheduling new programming on those nights to begin with (repeats of earlier episodes of shows that people may not have caught could be sufficient).

• Erin says:

Coming from someone who works in advertising, YES the championship and world series are worth that much to Fox. The amount of advertising revenue they get for the world series vs. things like Glee and New Girl makes it worth their while. While the ratings aren’t huge, the prestige is, allowing networks to charge higher ad rates and make a lot more money than their standard fall programming would.

• Mary says:

Seriously? Baseball is an American past time. X Factor? Big deal!

3. Will says:

We here is Canada get to watch it!

4. Trifunster says:

Good to be Canadian. Watching now!!!

5. Dryden says:

Baseball sucks.

6. mlm says:

It sure would be nice if the local station would let us know what is going on. I don’t want to see Detroit and Texas play!!!

7. Kristin says:

I totally agree with Jerry! It’s the same thing with football on CBS on Sunday’s! At least fox got smart in not starting any of their Sunday shows until 8pm giving football about 45 minutes to an hour leeway.

8. mlm says:

Did I mention, this sucks!!!!!

9. Rebecca says:

Ah, crap! This affects my Sunday viewing schedule now. I really hate baseball.

10. Efren says:

I admit I do enjoy Baseball just like every red blooded American, but come on! really…couldn’t this be put in ESPN or something. I am also aggravated with this decision form the Fox Network. Will they ever consider what the people want?

• AJ says:

NO, it CANNOT be put on ESPN. ESPN doesn’t have the rights. Just because it’s sports, it can go on ESPN? Fox pays millions for baseball. Jeez – all you people make it seem like it’s the end of the F#%*ing world!

• alan says:

If it isn’t baseball it’s football, if it isn’t football, it’s nascar. Fox should get out of the sports broadcasting business altogether. Especially since baseball and nascar are 2 of the most boring sports on the planet.

• Melissa says:

I don’t think anyone is making it seem like the end of the world. You are just being a jerk. Not everyone likes baseball, obviously. X Factor is a viewer participating live show that a lot of people enjoy and look forward to.

11. me says:

They would never allow this with American Idol. They must want the show to fail. I’ll never understand why these networks allow sports and news do this? its why we have news and sports channels.

12. Martina says:

If Canada is a week ahead what will happen once the live shows start? odd

• nancy says:

i don’t think they meant canada is a week ahead with the show they are viewing, they meant the show is showing TOMORROW in the US thanks to baseball, and sunday, NOT next week, .

• Rock Golf says:

When the live shows start, Canada will still be a week ahead. How is that possible? Well, we’re already decades ahead of the States in term of women’s rights, gay right, health care, maternity leave, and debt reduction….

13. KC says:

This is why the West Coast is the best coast. :)

14. Jaime says:

Come on Fox really!!!! Look at the rating. X vs baseball???? Really?

15. blingedupsusan says:

16. nancy says:

i know! i am bummed out as i LOVE american idol, and am digging x-factor, and hate baseball, and all sports pretty much, and after a period in the 70’s and 80’s, i stopped watching at all, and then just the olympics but i gave that up too, although gymnastics and figure skating lure me back a bit. [hey, i am a middle aged lady.] the drugs and cheating ad junk should scare everyone away, not to mention the free agency loyalty mess. ANYHOW, i admit i am glad the yankees aren’t in it, anytime they are out of it is a good year. boston out too, but i don’t root for them here and there anymore, since thy won a couple now, it isn’t the old, ‘never won’ cruel yankees thing. [really, i totally ignore sports for the most part, except when the news says whos going into the league / world series, it’s hard to miss that].

17. Tess says:

This is a terrible move by FOX – I get they are obligated to still show the game and since TBS is showing the NLCS game tonight there was no alternate network to air it on – but FOX surely would have had higher ratings with X Factor than they will get with the game. Not to mention that by moving the show around on the schedule they will likely lose viewers who will not know about all the changes (it was bad enough they were moving to Tuesdays for two weeks for the World Series). What happens if the ALCS goes 7 games and they have another game to air on Sunday? Where does X Factor get pushed to then? Surely Simon is fuming mad that this will kill him in the ratings. This is why he begged FOX to alter the baseball schedule in an attempt to not have the show be affected by the playoffs. Surely he knew how it affected So You Think You Can Dance when they had that one Fall season.

18. Ben says:

I shall revel in the rare opportunity to watch an American show air in New Zealand before the US!

19. Templar says:

With all of the sports channels, why do the networks bother? This is really going to boost Criminal Minds’ ratings.

20. David says:

I am a sports fan but this is ridiculous that shows get push away for pro games of any sport. Yet the players and owners lock out over money we need to take a stand. As consumers we should have a voice in what we watch I would not watch a game over my shows

21. AJ says:

You people need to get a life. I watch the X Factor, and guess what, it’s no big deal. It’ll be on another day. I mean seriously people, there are many more important things than whether the X Factor is on today or another day.

• jimmy5 says:

It’s not just this one episode. It’s future episodes and other shows as well. A new show premiers, I get into it and then I turn on the TV and it’s baseball again. Even if show airs later Tivo cuts off… it’s just annoying.

• AJ says:

Yes, Jimmy it is annoying, but is it such a huge deal? That, I still have to say is, no, it’s not a huge deal. Baseball is on Fox every fall. We know it’s coming. Even when it shouldn’t be on (Monday, Wednesday), it invades primetime. But such is life.

• Keri says:

You might be right that its not a big deal.(At least not to you) But to say “You people need to get a life” is really unkind. Some of us like our shows and watch it with our families so we do have a life just not one that you approve of I guess. But I think chillin with my kids and watching the X-Factor is a nice life so buzz off.

• AJ says:

Chill all you want. I think it’s great that you have an activity that your entire family likes to do together. What I’m saying is, it’s just a TV show that will be shown another time. Play a board game. Read a book. Watch a movie. There are alternatives.

22. habachaba says:

You lucky americans didnt miss a thing. What we poor canadians had to suffer through was simon done up in tanning oil, spread out on a white couch with his white shirt unbuttoned to the navel. We got that wig-wearing ex-broadway woman grinding the gears through what was once a tune. We started the damn show with that horrible rapper kid. The elvis guy’s eyebrow notch has trebeled in size, and his vanilla ice hair lines are now crooked. We got homeless dexter crying all over everything. And what you missed the most was over 100 shots of luxe vulgar mansion shots as we pretended Nicole Scherzinger actuall owned the house she held auditions in.

• cathy says:

I’m Canadian and I loved the show. Maybe Xfactor isn`t for you. I find the talent to be amazing. I love the judges as mentors. After the fiasco of JLo, Steven and Randy last spring on AI, I am finding this show refreshing

23. Emily Braddock says:

X-Factor Should not have been bumped It is more popular than Baseball Every one I know is very disappointed.Bad call

• AJ says:

Fox is contractually required to show baseball. No choice in the matter. Even if Fox got a million calls requesting X-Factor, it can’t do anything about it.

24. Surej says:

It’s showing in NZ tonight?! Yes! I thought it would be screwed up here as well but guess not!

25. Michelle says:

Well, I’m one Canadian who would like to offer my sympathies. I just finished watching tonight’s episode and thought it was stellar! Wall to wall singing with surprising, effective song choices (Prince, Oasis, Rihanna and Beyonce/JZ all contributed to the soundtrack). I’m not saying they were all good, but there were a couple of real standout performances to make up for the antics of Stupid Elvis poser dude and some teen boy who put me to sleep. Tomorrow night you will watch exactly half of the top 32 sing properly, not just in five-second snippets. I hope you enjoy it when the time comes! And I hope Fox comes up with a contingency plan — delays like this really aren’t sustainable.

26. Erika says:

This really did suck tonight. I’m glad the Rangers won though so that hopefully this series will end tomorrow and there will be a few days break until the World Series. It sucks that the weather predicts more rain for tomorrow in Detroit though. I will be really pissed off if it ruins tomorrow’s airing as well. On a positive note. I got to watch Modern Family and Happy Endings live.

27. JC says:

If the biggest problem in your life is that you didn’t get to watch The X Factor tonight and will have to wait until Thursday night to watch it, consider yourself lucky.

28. jer says:

Don’t sweat guys. All the vids and performances are posted on rickey . Org.

29. jer says:

Ha sorry jumped to conclusions. He only has 2 performances posted. Stacey and dexters

30. Hel says:

I like baseball, and if it was my local team in the game maybe I would understand and be interested, But I’m in Boston and really don’t care about Detroit/Texas. The Boston area should have aired X Factor..

31. Edd says:

Get ready for Thursday to be delayed too. Storm front headed toward the Motor City ..

32. Larry Page says:

I am just happy they announced it So that I can get my DVR set up properly. Monday sucked, when I went to watch House and all I had was Terra Nova without a warning. Somehow they need to fix DVRs to automatically adjust recordings.

• SK says:

I know! I haven’t missed any new shows yet, but I taped baseball instead of The Big Bang Theory the other day due to overrun. :| I feel like they should update the grid or something when they hear about these games running long.

33. carmen W B says:

omg omg i recorded the game …thanks fox iam not very happy right now !!

34. SK says:

I was wondering why when I was trying to watch something on Fox at 11 it was still baseball. This explains it! Man, I never noticed sports overrun until this year, but so far it’s been really annoying.

35. Leon says:

Just remember guys it comes on tonight! Rihanna, Enrqiue Iglesias, and Pharell are guest judges as well! So don’t forget to tune in!

36. CB says:

Watched it last night i’m canadian. it was really good. Not sure how the remaining folks will do judging by previews the best went first night.
    Some really good singing. It will be hard to trim down. I’m a huge Prince fan and have to say Stacy killed it singing Purple Rain, Prince would be proud.
    I could do without Nicole she’s super fake. Much preferred Cheryl,but i guess Americans didn’t like her in the pilot testing. Too bad.

37. McGee says:

Seriously everyone, this happens every year so why the surprise? Yeah, I was a little annoyed when I checked my DVR, but then I went on with my life.

Every TV network is a business and major league sports is huge money to these networks like smoeone else said, you can just move all sports to ESPN – come on. That would be like asking for all news to go to CNN.

38. Barbara says:

Why have everything start in the fall? With football causing scheduling (and tivo) problems along with baseball, then to have them go on hiatus for the holidays, just start the new shows in January and cut the bs.

39. Fynbo says:

Right on, and I thought I was the only one…

40. Volcfom says:

So glad I didn’t read this until Friday. :-( Here’s hoping the rerun on Sunday won’t interfere with football!

41. Sher says:

My girlfriend sent me this link because she thought it was funny. She and I are both fans of the xfactor. I have watched itsince the season premier. I just think some of the people posting to this link are taking it over bord over a baseball game delay. I just think that thee are more important things to be protesting for. Like the economy, health care, or any organization that needs it. Years down the road the xfactor will be the leased of your concerns. Not reality telivition.

42. Jp says:

Why in the world would a station post pone a top rated show for baseball?????!!! Put the game on a station known for sports !!! I bet NBC wouldn’t have done this!!! Thank god the voice is on that station !! Maybe next year the x factor could move!!!! FOX Is terrible !!!

43. Lolol says:

It wouldn’t matter if it did air tonight with all the storms & interruptions with breaking news(which is a good thing incase its in my area) we wouldn’t get to see much of the show anyway.

44. PJ says:

X Factor just came. Guess the game is over!!

45. KL says:

I think these posts were from 2011 for the last few of you who posted.

46. Staci says:

All these ppl from Canada saying they watched it tonight? All I’m getting is big bang theory and an x-factor rerun! What channel?

47. kaylab22 says:

You People Are Idiots. Who Freaking Cares When The X Factor Is Aired? I’m Sure Fox Makes A Heck Of A Lot More Money Airing The World Series Then The X Factor. Who Can Blame Them? Money Is What Makes The World Go Round. I Assure You That You Will Not Die Because Fox Aired Baseball Instead Of The X Factor. And If You Think You’re Going To Die Then There Are Always Emergency Rooms You Can Go Sit In. All Will Be Okay. I Promise.