TVLine Items: The Lowdown on Lowe's Hair, New Girl's New Gal, Not-So-Rosie Ratings and More!
Parks and Recreation showrunner Mike Schur recently addressed Rob Lowe’s noticeably longer locks (pictured, right) in the first few episodes of Season 4, telling EW.com that the change actually had nothing to do with the NBC comedy, and everything to do with the Drew Peterson biopic he was shooting for Lifetime during the hiatus. “His hair will go back to last year’s style (pictured, left) around Episode 5 or 6,” Schur assures.
Thank goodness for small favors.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Funny lady Rachael Harris (The Hangover, Notes from the Underbelly) has landed a guest spot on Fox’s (temporarily benched) New Girl, per EW.com, playing the quirky principal at the school where Jess (Zooey Deschanel) teaches.
• Monday was a rough night for premieres on OWN: The buzzy new Rosie Show underwhelmed, drawing in around 497,000 total viewers, while the opener of Oprah’s Lifeclass fared even worse, bringing in just 333,000 sets of eyes.
• Alexa Vega (Spy Kids) has been tapped to play the lead in Lifetime’s upcoming original film, The Pregnancy Project, which tells the true story of a 17-year-old who faked her baby bump as a social experiment, per Deadline.
• The partially-retired Larry King announced via Twitter that his next CNN special will feature a sitdown with Johnny Depp, airing Sunday, Oct. 16, at 8/7c.
• Lifetime has greenlit a contemporary remake of the classic film Steel Magnolias, featuring an all-black cast, Deadline reports.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?