Syfy Renews Haven For Third Season

Syfy has given the green light to a third season of its supernatural drama Haven.

A Syfy rep confirms to TVLine that the net has ordered 13 new episodes of the series, which is based on the Stephen King novella The Colorado Kid.

Syfy Schedules and Previews Christmas Episodes of Haven, Eureka and Warehouse 13

Haven averaged a decent 2.5 million viewers during its sophomore season.

The news was first reported by Variety.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: News, Renewals

1. Will says:

Good news!

2. Jay says:

That made my day! Fantastic show!!!

3. April says:

Thank God… Its hard enough having to wait for next season. If there wasn’t a conclusion to the end of season 2, I’d be seriously upset.

4. Geff says:

YES!!!! Season 3, hopefully we learn the truth about where Audrey went and who she really is! Sarah,Lucy,Audrey? How many lives has she lived? Can’t wait for this!

5. Cthaskins says:

Hooray!

6. GIL says:

7. Lisa says:

Totally frakkin’ awesome

8. Tempest says:

*happy dance*

9. s. says:

I was disappointed with the finale, Nathan has the ‘tatto’!? Really. Plus Syfy ruined the suspense of the finale between Duke and Nathan by having a Christmas special! I know the special doesn’t have anything to do with season 2, than why have one?

• timotey says:

Why not have one? It’s a stand-alone episode set during S2. How does it kill the suspense? O_o

• Karen MT says:

Like the other holiday specials, they are fun standalone episodes that also help draw in more viewers. Last year’s Eureka and Warehouse 13 episodes were great, though they confused my husband by having Myka in the W13 ep. I’m personally looking forward to episodes.

• Mel says:

Woo so excited….With the tattoo that nathan has, i think it has something to do with what his father said to him, like when someone in their family realises their ‘Destiny’ the tattoo appears on their skin…look, its not the weirdest thing that has happened on the show

10. Sarah says:

Making inhuman noises of delight at this.

11. Elizabeth says:

YAY!!! This news makes me so happy. I love Haven and was hoping that Syfy wouldn’t let me down again (Eureka still stings).

Love the storylines; Love Audrey, Nathan & Duke, they are a great threesome. And, ngl, I love me some Audrey & Nathan togetherness.

12. Lu says:

Excellent news!!!! More Haven, more fun tv summer.
    Love this show!

13. KMG says:

Glad to hear it… wasn’t sure about this show for the first half of season one, but it has really found its stride. However, I’m worried that it’s turning into another X-Men ripoff (the “troubled” vs. the “normals”, religious zealots screaming that troubled people should be destroyed, etc.). Hope they can find a less predictable storyline in the next season.

Also, I’d gladly trade this one for more seasons of Eureka!!!

14. txgina says:

SO glad to hear this! I’ve been waiting impatiently for this news, and was about to send you an AA request on it. Look at that, Michael! You’re apparently psychic, too!

15. Kelly says:

Fantastic. Utterly and simply fantastic.

16. SF Fan says:

Really great news!

17. Tia says:

Finally! They couldn’t leave the series with THAT ending.

18. Monica says:

Finally!! So excited!

19. kelsey says:

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It would have been plain cruel for the show not to return after leaving us with that cliffhanger.

20. Bob says:

What, no cancellation notice with a further announcement of a new game show or more wrestling? At least they’re keeping SOME science fiction on the SyFy Channel!

21. dvikib says:

Great! Love quirky Haven. I was getting nervous! I think it would do better if it followed something other than wrestling but I’ll watch it wherever they schedule it.

22. dennis says:

Excellent. Love Haven.

23. Bella says:

Yay! This is great news! It doesn’t make up for the cancellation of Eureka, but it’s something. I even got my brother interested in it this season.

24. Benztv says:

Haven is a pretty good show. It’s not as creative as Eureka but still worth watching. I agree that some elements of the finale were a little predictable and I hope they fix this. Unfortunately, Syfy is like all the other channels, driven by money rather than by art. That’s why you see wrestling instead of Star rek or Stargate reruns. Sad. Not unexpected. In fact, I’ve worked in media all my life to I also understand. You endure the crap that pays the bills to get the good stuff like Eureka, Haven, Warehouse 13 etc. of course, if these shows pulled in numbers like “Keeping up with the Kardashians” (yuk) then all of us would be happy!LOL!

25. Russ says:

F*** YEAH!! THIS MADE MY DAY! The second season was a-mazing.

26. BHM1304 says:

Nevermind the “haven’t I seen this before” cliffhanger ending. This is a very good show, Emily Rose is fantastic and Eric Balfour has been great in this as well and can finally drop the “show killer” label that has dogged him for years. Really glad they kept this show.

27. kirads09 says:

Yes! I am so glad this show got renewed. One of my favorites.
    Can’t wait for the holiday show and Season 3! :)

28. Brooke says:

Awesome news.

29. Tanya says:

Super excited by the news! I came to late to this show but am loving it. I can’t wait for their Holiday episode.

30. Stephanie says:

Thank Goodness! This is wonderful news! Thank you thank you thank you TPTB for recognizing this great show and acknowledging its fanbase by giving it another well-deserved season :)

31. tlbrownlie says:

Finally! I can breathe a sigh of relief. Now when does it air?

32. Igloo says:

This is the best news I’ve heard all day.
    I love this show.
    May it be renewed for many years to come.
    I would also like a few more episodes every season.

33. Monkeyrat says:

Yay! :D *happy dance*

34. Shane says:

Very pleased about this. My wife and I love the show.

35. PGP says:

Awesome news! One of my favorite shows, and I enjoyed season 2 more than season 1. It is my summer fix!

36. MJ says:

Yes, this show is awesome! So glad SYFY finally renewed it!

37. Joe says:

Haven is a nice show to watch for the characters and i love Eric Balfour & Emily for sure,
    but I find it too very slow moving and frankly this gets rather annoying.Seriously i even thought that J.Priestley coming to the show would be its doom like the show Tru Calling.We still have no clues on the curse…and what crazy curses this is unlike no one would ever imagine(magnet bullet,..seriously those curses are far too fetched and weird for me and it doesn’t look like magic either) and would need some seriousexplaining…
    Also I disliked very much the way how they dispatched the other FBI agents : Audrey and the black FBI boss who sent Lucy-Audrey on her mission.Another dead end.

So yeah the show gets another season but in which direction…there are so few answers…
    The final of season one was great for sure!

38. Nightwolf says:

AWESOME! I love this show. I would like to see more episodes each season instead of thirteen. As well as it get renewd for quite a few years. This is so original.

39. Deborah says:

I am so glad for the third season! Haven is one of the most entertaining shows on TV and I hope it just keeps going! Deborah

40. Deborah says: