Exclusive

Pan Am Exclusive: Friday Night Lights' Gaius Charles Takes Flight

Former Friday Night Lights MVP Gaius Charles has booked a one-way ticket back to the small screen with a guest stint on ABC’s Pan Am.

The actor will play Joe, an African-American soldier who opens Laura’s (Margot Robbie) eyes to the world.

This marks Charles’ first major acting gig since leaving FNL and his role as Brian “Smash” Williams in 2008. Save for a few small film roles and some regional stage work, he has kept a very low profile the past three years. In fact, Charles was one of the only major FNL alums who didn’t return for the show’s farewell season.

Charles’ Pan Am episode is slated to air in November.

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, News, Scoop, Spoilers

1. Josh says:

I thought he was a pastor now…
    Great actor though–glad to see him back to work! Maybe he can just do both now (here’s hoping his next gig is a show I’m actually interested in…)

2. Amanda says:

When do we get to see Kyle Chandler on TV again? I miss him.

3. Sabrina says:

I’d “fly” Gaius Charles anyday! He is HOT! Can’t wait to see him on Pan Am!

4. melanie says:

why is that particular flight attendant picture up there? i mean it’s the 60’s he is black i hope they do not pretend that this could have happened in the 60’s witha high profile pan am flight attendant!!!

• brutony says:

Of course they will, Melanie-and without much fanfare-they’ll either pretend he isnt Black, or they will “stand up and fight the power”, and the whole segregation thing, and conquer it, all from “up in the air!” One of the 17 reasons why this show is PANTS-A.K.A. awful and illogical! But Gaius could run, tho, lol!

5. adam says:

what do you mean only major alum, what about minka kelly she didn’t appear on the final season either, isn’t she considered a major alum.

6. Smash Forever!! says:

I am so happy to see that he’s back to acting again!! SMASH was my favorite on FNL and I think he’s insanely talented!! I can’t wait to see what’s next for him!!

7. Kiki says:

I’m actually liking Pan Am. I hope ABC gives it a chance.

8. Marisa says:

I don’t give a crap about PA but now I have to watch because I absolutely must support Gaius in everything he does!

9. Cheryl says:

I enjoy Pan Am. I like the characters, the costumes and the music is a kick. I just can’t stop singing “Fly me to the Moon” lol. From what I’m hearing though, ratings are low. I’m preparing myself!

10. It’s great that a young man who is gifted, talented, knows who he is and whose he is. You would never know he is an actor because he is so humble, quiet, and pleasant to be around at Drew. He is indeed a gentleman. I’ll looking forward to his continuing success as an actor and a man of God. I’m watching Pam Am on Sunday for sure.

11. T.W. Hudgens says:

I’m hoping that there will eventually be a Tuskegee Airmen in the cockpit! There were many that applied to fly for the commercial airlines in those days. Many and MOST were not hired but a few were. “I’d love to play that role since I have a good sense of the history involved and I do know how to fly”. I’d do the role for free!

12. chez crisden says:

i hope joe and laura hook up again, they make a great couple.
    maybe pan am,real stuardist were not in interacial relationships, any one have that info?

joe and laura make a great couple; they will have to overcome obstacles. this shouldn’t be a one night stand/secret interacial romance. laura and joe belong together.

13. chez crisden says:

I hope to see more of Gaius on Pan Am real soon.
    I enjoyed the episode of Joe and Laura being together, and not
    worrying about what others thought.

Laura seemed to realy like joe, but had to
    consider what others thought about them being together.
    Laura and Joe make a great couple.