Hart of Dixie, Secret Circle Join Full-Season Club

The CW is on a full-season pickup tear today.

On the heels of Ringer‘s back-nine order, the network has greenlit full seasons of fellow rookie dramas Hart of Dixie and The Secret Circle.

In a statement, CW president Mark Pedowitz focused on quality over ratings (none of the shows have emerged as breakout hits for the network).

“We believe in the creative strength of these dramas, and by giving them back nine orders we can give our audience the chance to enjoy complete seasons of all three of them,” said Pedowitz. “With compelling storylines, engaging characters and tremendous buzz, we firmly believe that Hart of Dixie, Ringer and The Secret Circle can become signature series for The CW, the kind of top-notch shows that are synonymous with our brand.” (As opposed to, say, reality dud H8R, which was whacked after only a handful of airings.)

Hart of Dixie Exclusive: Dawson’s Creek Alum to Play [Spoiler Alert]!

For those keeping track at home, Dixie, Secret Circle and Ringer join Fox’s New Girl, NBC’s Up All Night and Whitney, and CBS’ 2 Broke Girls in this fall’s full-season club.

Thoughts? Which of the three pickups are you most excited about? Vote in the comments!

Comments (50)

• I’m loving The Secret Circle, so this is good news!!

Comment by Snapy – October 12, 2011 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY!!!!!!!!!! OMG YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Jason – October 12, 2011 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They may have full seasons now, but I bet only one of them survive.

Comment by Matt from UK – October 12, 2011 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As much as I think Hart of Dixie is a great show, I want Secret Circle to survive.

Comment by Russ – October 12, 2011 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I was pretty certain they would do Secret Circle, glad they gave Hart of Dixie the back 9 as well, I’m enjoying the Zoe/Wade dynamic. I hope he becomes Zoe’s main love interest instead of boring George Tucker.

Comment by Lauren – October 12, 2011 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Is Wade played by Wilson Bethel? Because he was amazing on Y&R and is soooooo incredibly hot!!!!! Seriously, they put him in just his underwear on Y&R and you could see his yummy bulge.

Comment by Snapy – October 12, 2011 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m enjoying Hart of Dixie and I too hope they pair Zoe with Wade because Wilson Bethel’s Wade is smokin’ and George is just meh.

Comment by ChrisGa – October 13, 2011 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do you have anything on Revenge? I am loving it and can’t wait to have any new on it keep going or not!

Comment by Mariana – October 12, 2011 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Revenge has been picked up for a full season!

Comment by Bookerguy – October 14, 2011 05:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES!!!!! I am SO SO excited! I love Hart of Dixie, Secret Circle, Ringer, Whitney, New Girl & 2 Broke Girls!! So happy for them to get full season! Waiting on Revenge next!

Comment by ashley – October 12, 2011 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news for Hart of Dixie!!

Comment by Boiler – October 12, 2011 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited about Secret Circle. That and Revenge are my favorite new fall shows. Happy about the Ringer too!

Comment by Paul K – October 12, 2011 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now that I’ve heard this, it’s more likely that I will start watching these shows again (I only watched the first one or two episodes)… Thanks for the update!

Comment by Jessica – October 12, 2011 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ringer and SC are great! HofD has a lot of potential too! I am glad The CW is giving them a chance to prove them!

Comment by Mare – October 12, 2011 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Hart of Dixie! It’s my new favorite show. I love the Zoe/Wade relationship also, much better then George.

Comment by V – October 12, 2011 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since I am enjoying all 3 shows, this is great news!

Comment by Eliza – October 12, 2011 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! I thought CW would keep Secret Circle, and I’m glad they did.

Comment by Megan – October 12, 2011 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yesss!love Hart, SecretCircles pretty good. Totally agree with evryone waiting on Revenge.2 Broke Girls I love too and its also been given a full season.

Comment by Brandyppppp – October 12, 2011 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • great news i’m loving both shows
    & like somebody else said i’m liking Zoe/Wade more & more with each episode

Comment by Lee – October 12, 2011 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think this is really good news. I really like watching The Secret Circle.

Comment by J.M – October 12, 2011 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome for the secret circle

Comment by mike – October 12, 2011 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • God Rachel Bilson is adorable. i can’t stop watch her movies and shows

Comment by João Amaral – October 12, 2011 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this has actually been a decent pilot season for cw. hart of dixie has been endearing, ringer has been soapy (and, thankfully, getting better), and secret circle is a perfect fit for est. hit, the vampire diaries. i’m surprise they haven’t been doing better in the ratings. i wasn’t expecting anything to be a huge hit (maybe ringer, if any of them), but they have been turning in some truly horrible numbers at this point in the season (and by the cw’s standards, of course).

Comment by bob – October 12, 2011 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ringer is definitely the most exciting pick-up. I haven’t really enjoyed any of the other shows yet, but maybe Secret Circle and Hart of Dixie will get better.

Comment by Rebecca – October 12, 2011 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was trying not to get invested in Hart of Dixie because I was enjoying it so much and didn’t think it would get picked up for a full season. Glad to see that I can now breathe easy! At least until the spring when the renewal announcements start coming out.

Comment by Cece – October 12, 2011 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I’m very charmed by Hart of Dixie so I”m glad to see that in addition to Ringer we’ll be seeing more.

Comment by Erika – October 12, 2011 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart of Dixiiiiiiiiiie!!!!!!

Comment by Mayra – October 12, 2011 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very excited about TSC, it’s great fun, Gale Harold is wonderful in it, and the kids are good, too. Can’t say Ringer does a thing for me, seems like a rehash of old Bette Davis movies, which are good originals, but not rehashed in 2010. Haven’t seen Hart of Dixie but I will make a note to watch it now. The star is charming and I’m a southern boy, so may as well enjoy seeing Alabama. Fingers crossed TSC gets renewed, it deserves a run.

Comment by brian – October 12, 2011 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES!!! Mark Pedowitz is the best thing to happen to the CW so far, renewing shows when the quality is there and they have potential to bring in ratings even though they aren’t incredibly strong. Good riddance to Dawn Ostroff. We love you Mark!

Comment by Steven – October 12, 2011 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m loving Hart of Dixie and am very happy it will have a full season.

Comment by Denise – October 12, 2011 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! So glad Hart of Dixie got a full order, I’m absolutely loving it. That news just made my day! Liking the secret circle and ringer too, was wondering what was taking the cw so long, but yay!

Comment by Amanda – October 12, 2011 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy Hart of Dixie got picked up!! It’s my new favorite show of the season.

Comment by Kristin – October 12, 2011 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay!! I love Hart of Dixie!!

Comment by Tia – October 12, 2011 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Totally agree. I love the new direction of the CW.

Comment by Tia – October 12, 2011 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As a fan of all three series, I’m VERY happy the CW picked them up for full seasons! TSC and Ringer are really starting to get good. And I loved Hart of Dixie from the beginning, cliches and all. YAY!

Comment by Michelle – October 12, 2011 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome news! I’m really enjoying Hart of Dixie and Ringer

Comment by pv – October 12, 2011 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yay…great move CW! I watch New Girl, Hart of Dixie, TSC, and Ringer every week. They all are my fav new series. HoD is funny and I love Zoey’s interaction with George, Wade, and the mayor. Ringer had a weak pilot but the stories get better now:)

Comment by Nita – October 12, 2011 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is great news. I was worried about Hart of Dixie since the ratings haven’t been great. But yay!

Comment by ash – October 12, 2011 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy for The Secret Circle and Hart of Dixie! While it was a no brainer that Circle would get picked up, especially since it’s the perfect TVD companion, I’m really happy HoD got picked up. I love the show, but was scared it wouldn’t many episodes, a la LUX. But thank goodness CW has some common sense now. Of course, it will probably get cancelled at season’s end, just like Hellcats. But I will enjoy Zoe/George while I can :)

Comment by Kim – October 12, 2011 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Zoe and George are my endgame too. :)

Comment by bklyngirl – October 24, 2011 03:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I watch all three shows!

Comment by J – October 12, 2011 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy for Hart Of Dixie

Comment by fernando – October 12, 2011 09:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the Secret Circle. I’m not surprised it got picked up — it is so good. Gale Harold is amazing as the evil witch – and he’s hot, too! Shelley Hennig and Phoebe Tonkin are great. I really like Diana, she is my favorite of the girls.

Comment by verybookish – October 13, 2011 04:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wasn’t going to watch The Secret Circle until Gale Harold was cast. He was great as Brian Kinney on Queer as Folk (2001-2005) and he was a charater you loved to hate (on QAF, he could’ve taught Sex and the City’s Samantha a thing or two in the men department.) I think it’s one of the reasons he was cast, EP Kevin Williamson wanted to see Gale play the bad boy character again.

Comment by Bookerguy – October 14, 2011 05:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Hart of Dixie! So YAY…

Comment by Natalie – October 13, 2011 04:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh…Hart of Dixie is so hard to watch. It is so full of bad accents and stereotypes that I haven’t watched it since the pilot. Hopefully it won’t make it past this season, but then again look at 90210…

Comment by s – October 13, 2011 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They totally killed the show with tonights episode it is so bad its stupid they so totally shouldnt of done that why did they have to kill the show with doing that it is so not right and for you guys who dont understand none of the circle are suppose to die at all they live. also the parents are not involved at all so they totally screwed up the show by killing one of the members that should not of happened

Comment by cassie – October 13, 2011 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dont get me wrong i like the show but that was just not right to do they killed it when they did that. I am going to keep watching it to see if they will be bringing him back. He is suppose to be in a love triangle with cassie and adam i was looking forward to how that was gonna turn out.But now i have nothing to look forward to it is not as wonderful as the vampire diaries which they were from the same author so i hope that they turn this all around somehow or i am not gonna watch this show anymore i will just watch vampire diaries and thats it. iam hoping they do turn it around somehow and bring him back to life

Comment by cassie – October 13, 2011 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay to Ringer and Hart of Dixie. Zoe and George Forever!! I don’t care for Wade.

Comment by bklyngirl – October 24, 2011 03:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Hart of Dixie, liking Secret Circle, so glad that they have given us a full season. Wade and Zoe are the best part, although I really can’t wait to see what they do with Lemon and Lavon, their secret relationship is hot! I keep wondering if they will get into racial issues in this small southern town, or just stay very friendly and safe. Only sort of nice, but lame duck character is George. He cannot hold a candle to Wade and I wonder what they will do with him. He could be Zoe’s best friend……

Comment by mbb – October 25, 2011 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post