The CW Picks Up Ringer For Full Season

The CW has issued a full-season order to Ringer.

Sarah Michelle Gellar’s increasingly addictive comeback vehicle got off to a solid start in the ratings last month, but the serial thriller started shedding viewers with each passing week. The downward trend reversed itself this week when the show saw increases of 33 percent in adults 18-49 and 15 percent in total viewers (to 1.7 million).

Ringer Spoiler Alert: Scoop on This Week’s “Killer” Twist

This is the first freshman series The CW has given a full-season order to. The jury is still out on fellow rookies Secret Circle and Hart of Dixie. THIS JUST IN: Secret Circle and Hart of Dixie have also been picked up!

For those keeping track at home, Ringer joins Fox’s New Girl, NBC’s Up All Night and Whitney, and CBS’ 2 Broke Girls in this fall’s full-season club.

Thoughts? Relieved The CW is sticking with Ringer? Do you agree that the show is picking up creative steam? Hit the comments!

Tags: ,

Comments (59)

• SO happy :)

Comment by Lisa – October 12, 2011 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me, too! I’ve been watching this and wondering why other people aren’t. I hear TV talking heads saying “Same old…” but it’s not the same as stuff I’ve watched!

Comment by Barb – October 12, 2011 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome!

Comment by Lisa – October 12, 2011 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally, thank you!

Comment by Eva – October 12, 2011 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOW WOW WOW, This makes me happy, Ringer and Hart Of Dixie are the best new shows CW has, yes I do like Secret Cicrle but I dont love it like I do Har of Dixie and Ringer, I hope CW picks up HOD soon, and I hope ABC hurry up and picks up Revenge as well then I be super happy.

Comment by fernando – October 12, 2011 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too! Happy for the Ringer but I would rather have Secret Circle than Hart of Dixie, it is getting so good!

Comment by Russ – October 12, 2011 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I love Ringer and am so happy for it and I hope Hart of Dixie gets a full season pick-up. I tried to give Secret Circle a chance thinking I might like it, but that’s the first Teen Drama that I felt was too young for me. I hope that if The CW feels the need to cancel anything else though that it will cancel 90210. That has gotten completely boring.

Comment by Liz – October 12, 2011 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • YES! That was the feeling I had too. I think you hit the nail on the head with 90210. Frankly I’m shocked it has made it this long. They have had a steady stream of revolving show runners and each one has pretty much done nothing to improve the series.

Comment by Saba – October 12, 2011 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m totally with you both on that one! I stop watching 90210 after the first season and even wonder how I did to stick this long. I love all the other shows from the CW except that one so if they are going to make room for a new show(s) next year, I hope 90210 will be axed. Ringer is getting sooo addictive. It should have been paired with Nikita instead of 90210.. and Hart of Dixie is so sweet, I love it. It has a Sweet Home Alabama vibe..

Comment by Marie – October 12, 2011 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! Loving Ringer!!!

Comment by Mike – October 12, 2011 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! So excited! This show had a bumpy start but quickly found it’s way. Love Ringer!

Comment by Justin – October 12, 2011 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah ! So happy to know it !

Comment by Anas – October 12, 2011 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What does this say about SECRET CIRCLE? That shows has done the best out of all new CW shows.

Comment by Jamie – October 12, 2011 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It probably means expect the same for Secret Circle if they pack as much as a punch as the promos are claiming they will with this week’s episode and it gives a ratings bump.

Comment by Evan – October 12, 2011 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! Now the only one remaining to pick up is Revenge and I’m officially happy! I love this show, it keeps getting better.

Comment by Gerald – October 12, 2011 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HELLYEAH. I was a bit worried last week, but this news just made my day. Finally a good decision by the CW.

Comment by danceinthedark – October 12, 2011 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So SO happy with the pick-up!

Comment by Nicole – October 12, 2011 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • eh. I could have went for a couple more episodes of Supernatural!!!

Comment by aaron – October 12, 2011 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Mia – October 12, 2011 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay, this confirms the theory that they were waiting to see how Ringer performed sans a new episodes of New Girl (Ringers’ competition) and, since it recovered it’s audience, it shows that Ringer CAN pull in viewers.

Comment by Kevin H. – October 12, 2011 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YEAAAAHHH!!! I adore this show and I’m glad the CW’s being kind to it. Is it wrong that I still see Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic when I see Ioan Gruffudd?! :D

Comment by Ashlee – October 12, 2011 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I see Horatio Hornblower :)

Comment by Amy – October 12, 2011 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YESSSS, MORE PLEASEE!!!

Comment by Andy – October 12, 2011 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE this! Sarah Michelle Gellar ROCKS! Great job CW :)

Comment by lizp – October 12, 2011 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • there was no way the cw was going 2 cancel it. They see ringer as a chance 2 re invent themselves.

Comment by mm – October 12, 2011 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE this show! I tuned in initially just because of Sarah Michelle Gellar, but now I’m completely hooked because of the great storytelling! The show has so many twists and turns every week. Hoping this renewal will help draw in more viewers.

Comment by Kristy – October 12, 2011 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto. Last night’s episode was jaw-dropping.

Comment by Nadine – October 12, 2011 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe now more people will watch it. I know several people who have stated that they did not want to start watching it only to have it be canceled 6 episodes in due to low ratings. Now that we have a full season pick up perhaps the show will gain more viewers who aren’t afraid of an abrupt cancellation order from the Network.

Comment by Holly – October 12, 2011 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank goodness!!! This show is absolutely amazing. Yeah, it had some slow burning episodes after the high gear pilot, but it was all for the sake of the story line. Now after these last two gasp inducing episodes, people will start getting addicted. Let’s all hope it just gets better from here!!

Comment by Alex Miley – October 12, 2011 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome!!! What a relief :-)

Comment by kelly – October 12, 2011 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • awesome news

Comment by Mike – October 12, 2011 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL!!
    I look forward to 18 more episodes of crazy twists!

Comment by Dessy – October 12, 2011 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes. I am thrilled.

Comment by Erika – October 12, 2011 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Secret Circle also has the big advantage of airing after Vampire Diaries instead of the lowly 90210, but I think it will also get a pick-up.

Comment by Rebecca – October 12, 2011 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excellent news! I love the twisty plots and mysteries.

Comment by Rebecca – October 12, 2011 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! That is all.

Comment by Sharon Blatz – October 12, 2011 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is great news! Ringer is a good show and it’s nice to see CW have faith in it.

Comment by lacey – October 12, 2011 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I missed the first episode but caught it the next week just to see what it was about. I’ve been a fan of SMG for a while. Really enjoying it. Glad to see that its lasting a whole season.

Comment by michelle – October 12, 2011 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ringer?! Come on Secret Circle! I’m still waiting to find for all the shows I’m watching this season, Secret Circle, Revenge, and Pan Am. Pan Am has me worried the most.

Comment by Megan – October 12, 2011 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy! Ringer is my favourite show this season!

Comment by Stefan – October 12, 2011 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! This is my favourite new show of the season.

Comment by Snapy – October 12, 2011 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stopped watching after first two shows but taped them. Nothing to do with the show but my time and schedule. Is it getting better? I want to like this show.

Comment by Samie – October 12, 2011 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes it gets much better. actually the first episode i felt really hooked into was the third one. you can tell the show is getting into the good stuff. it took some time to set up the board but now they are into the game it has gotten really good. i am glad this and secret circle got a full pick up. haven’t seen hart of dixie but it isn’t really my kind of show.

Comment by murley – October 12, 2011 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Definitely worth watching. Especially last night’s episode. Never saw it coming.

Comment by Amy – October 12, 2011 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ringerrrrrrrr!!!! smg sweeettt =)) ioan too =)) soo happy

Comment by caro brazil – October 12, 2011 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice. I don’t care much about Secret Circle or Hart of Dixie, but Ringer is pretty good. Now, they just have to break some bad news to those kids over at 90210 and we’ll be able to say that the season is off to a good start.

Comment by Drew – October 12, 2011 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was actually happy when I saw this, which surprised me lol

Comment by Mayra – October 12, 2011 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Ringer, Secret Circle, and Hart of Dixie! My favorite shows of the season, so happy they were given a full season!

Comment by C.C. – October 12, 2011 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is THE new show of the season. It’s not smart, and it’s not perfect (AT ALL) but it’s just so darn fun!

Comment by Michael – October 12, 2011 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Ringer and Hart of Dixie!!!!

Comment by Janell – October 12, 2011 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I broke up with Ringer this week. Also 2 Broke Girls and Unforgettable.

Comment by Jon – October 12, 2011 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good to hear they are giving these shows a chance at obtaining a following.

My question is… what about Nikita? Does Nikita have a full season commitment or are we likely to see it be pulled as it seems to be dropping more and more each week? Talk about Scare-tober.

Comment by Jericho – October 12, 2011 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At least the show’s ratings weren’t steadily declining. They also went up a couple of weeks ago. Now that it has officially been picked up for a full season, I hope the ratings will hold steady or go up. It’s true that it only gets better with each episode. There’s something about this show. It’s like a fun guilty pleasure, but it’s not nearly as silly as a show like “90210″.

Comment by Carrie – October 12, 2011 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES YES YES!!!!! I love this show! This show needs more coverage because people don’t realize what an awesome show it is. It is unlike anything else on TV right now.

Comment by Regina – October 12, 2011 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ecstatic!!! This show is by far my favorite on TV right now!!!

Comment by Jenna – October 12, 2011 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES!!! :D Especially after last night–can’t wait for full season.

Comment by G – October 12, 2011 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE this show!!!! Excited!

Comment by Joline – October 13, 2011 04:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i really believe–even if this show sucked huge, which is doesn’t at all–that my generation owes SMG an all-time pass for Buffy. So, I’m in there like swimwear.

Comment by ak – October 13, 2011 06:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post