Scoop: Cougar Town Crew Will Uncork a Slew of Surprise Cameos on Other Shows

That Cul-de-sac Crew sure gets around.

After infiltrating the set of NBC’s Community last season (and vice versa), the entire cast of ABC’s Cougar Town is at it again, starting with this Thursday’s installment of Grey’s Anatomy.

Cougar Town Exclusive: Sarah Chalke Scrubs In For Major Arc As Bobby’s Love Interest

TVLine can confirm what the Cougar Town writers room tweeted on Wednesday evening, that Ian Gomez (aka Andy) will appear on the ABC medical drama this week. (Sources tell us viewers should keep their eyes peeled throughout the episode, because he’ll show up somewhere in background of a scene dressed as a Seattle Grace doc.)

But that awesome drop-by is in no way isolated. No, we hear it’s merely the first of several fall TV cameos to be made by Big Carl’s buds. The goal: to keep the midseason comedy and its motley crew of characters fresh in your minds until its returns with its third season sometime in January.

Where else will the Cougar Town players pop up? Well, you might recall a mysterious tweet from KaDee Strickland, who revealed that Courtney Cox and Christa Miller were at a table read for an episode of Private Practice. That should make a whole lot more sense now.

Scoop: Cougar Town Couple Heads Into Therapy With Nicole Sullivan

Elsewhere, we hear that two of the guys (including Brian Van Holt) will appear on the new ABC comedy Man Up (premiering Tuesday, October 18). And you already know that Dan Byrd will visit Suburgatory for a brief stint in the not-so-distant future.

No word yet on where Busy Philipps will drop in, so might we suggest Modern Family? Then again, sources tell us the Cougar Townies won’t be limiting their cameos to ABC shows. So maybe Laurie could get her flirt on with Parenthood‘s Crosby?

Other shows said to be on the itinerary, per USA Today, include Castle, How I Met Your Mother and 2 Broke Girls.

Which shows would you like to see your favorite Cougar Town cast members pop up on?

Comments (36)

• Community! I know they’ve done this already, but I love the Cougar Town-Community interaction!

Comment by Jon – October 12, 2011 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was my first thought when I saw this article. Would love to see the whole cast come visit Abed.

Comment by Lauren – October 12, 2011 10:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It would be the best episode ever if the whole cast showed up to console Abed over his disappointment that Cougar Town won’t be back until January. Like full on cross over action, not just background stuff. I love Cougar Town and the whole cast. I love this idea. I do not love that I have to wait until at least January for new Cougar Town episodes though.

Comment by Ava – October 13, 2011 04:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES! They were in it for literally two/three seconds, want more! Abed having a dream sequence of the cast comforting him would be amazing! Or have him suffering withdrawal symptoms from Cougar Town and starts seeing them around Greendale! :D

Comment by Jo – October 13, 2011 11:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We shall see what happens on grey’s but… Why can’t they just stick with their own show? As much as I love Cougar Town… I don’t want them interrupting HIMYM and Castle… Just bring back Cougar Town already!

Comment by Brittany – October 12, 2011 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I choose Cougar Town. And I choose to watch it NOW.

Comment by KevyB – October 13, 2011 02:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Considering that ABC tabled them until January I LOVE that they will be popping up on other shows. I doubt they will have any major impact on storylines, like when they did the Community thing. If you weren’t paying attention you would have missed them! I hope it’s more like that!

Comment by Asha – October 13, 2011 04:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s awesome! Can’t wait for it to be back for real!

Comment by Diana – October 12, 2011 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Busy could go back to How I Met Your Mother to reprise her role as the chick Ted had a 3some with.

Comment by Sg. Grant – October 12, 2011 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That was my thought exactly! Love Busy, anywhere she pops up will be awesome.

Comment by JenH – October 12, 2011 09:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • they did say Trudy (the other girl played by Danica McKeller) is married, perhaps the two of them headed for Massachusetts or some other state

Comment by Carmichael – October 13, 2011 01:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When is this show coming back? I miss Cougar Town! I’d love to see someone show up on Castle, that’s my favorite show and it’d be fun!

Comment by Stacy – October 12, 2011 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WTF are you talking about?

Comment by Brian – October 12, 2011 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just want Cougar Town back! But I am happy they are doing this to give me something to look forward to until January! Bill Lawrence is a genius. Get your act together ABC and give us our cul-de-sac crew!

Comment by JJ – October 12, 2011 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • that´s actually a pretty good and smart idea, i cant wait to see them in other shows

Comment by rod – October 12, 2011 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Believe the article says January.

Comment by Brian – October 12, 2011 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is hilarious! I love the cross networking!

Comment by Amy – October 12, 2011 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh, January? That’s too far away!!

Hopefully the new name and timeslot will allow ABC to market it as a new show and attract viewers who wouldn’t normally have watched the show. I swear, if this show gets cancelled, I’ll……

Comment by Snapy – October 12, 2011 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Cougar Town and I love this idea, I’ll be watching out for them

Comment by Juan – October 12, 2011 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please keep us updated on which shows and which episodes they’ll pop into. I’ll be playing “where’s Andy/Ian” while I watch Grey’s this week.

Comment by Elaine – October 12, 2011 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Community-Cougar Town crossover was the best!

Comment by amy – October 12, 2011 10:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Courteney Cox on Castle! That would be EPICNESS!

Comment by irene – October 13, 2011 12:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • need me some Courteney Cox on Castle stat!!!

Comment by Riley – October 13, 2011 01:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If CT isn’t coming back until January, then why did ABC lie through their teeth stating last season that Cougar Town would air between Dancing With the Stars cycles? If they come back in January – is it only until DWTS begins again in February or are they giving them an actual time slot for 2012. ABC certainly knows how to try and kill some of its more poular shows!

Comment by davey – October 13, 2011 06:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Probably because they’re reconsidering the timeslot. It was supposed to go on Tuesdays at 9, but now that “New Girl” is so popular, “Cougar Town” would probably get crushed in that slot. The two shows probably have a somewhat similar audience.

Comment by Liz – October 13, 2011 06:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They would be smart to move CT back to its post-MF timeslot. I switch the channel when Happy Endings comes on.

Comment by Snapy – October 13, 2011 06:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I wish it would move to 8:30 on Wednesday. I don’t even know what is on ABC Weds. at 8:30.

Comment by Ava – October 13, 2011 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Suburgatory, and it’s pulling in good ratings in that timeslot. Cougar Town is too adult for the 8:30 timeslot. It’s a 9 or 9:30 show.

Comment by Snapy – October 13, 2011 08:46 AM PDT
          • Suburgatory is actually pretty good. I think airing CT (or whatever it ends up being called) after MF would make for an excellent 2-hour block on Wednesday.

Comment by MelindaB – October 13, 2011 07:02 PM PDT
  • “Scoop”? I’m confused. If USA Today (whose article you cite as a source) already published this, how is it your scoop?

Comment by Jon88 – October 13, 2011 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this is awesome, and makes me like shonda rhimes again. she has been pretty open about her love for cougar town (good taste), and i will def be tuning in tonight to grey’s and private practice to see my cul de sac crew. can we cancel suburgatory so we can pound grape a little bit earlier this season? better yet, can we cancel last man standing? anything, everything, just get CT back on the schedule, ABC!

Comment by bob – October 13, 2011 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I could care less about those other shows, GIVE ME COUGAR TOWN!!!!

Comment by Melinda – October 13, 2011 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Depends – are they appearing on these shows as their Cougar Town personas, or just as a guest star playing some other character? I’d love to see any of them appear in character on Castle. Maybe they could be in the secondary story line that usually involves Rick’s mother or daughter.

Comment by Jeff – October 13, 2011 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So is it still officially called Cougar Town? Last I heard they were going to have a new title any minute now.

Comment by Abe Froman – October 13, 2011 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love the Crosby idea!!! :O)

Comment by l – October 13, 2011 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to see them pop up on Supernatural, have Dean and Sam investigate the creepy neighbor Children of the Damned kids, then drive on when they realize they are just creepy kids.

Comment by Allison – October 13, 2011 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post