TVLine Items: New Justified Villains, Thrones Scoop, The Soup Meets Walking Dead and More!

Come January, Boomtown devotees may want to start tuning in to executive producer Graham Yost’s latest series, Justified.

Neal McDonough (Desperate Housewives) and Mykelti Williamson (24) — both alumi of the short-lived but critically acclaimed NBC cop drama — have been cast on the FX Western as Season 3’s big bads. According to EW.com, McDonough will recur as Quarles, a mobster who comes to town with nefarious aspirations, while Williamson will play Limehouse, a Harlan County denizen “who will do whatever it takes, legal or otherwise, to protect his holler.”

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

E!’s The Soup has teamed with The Walking Dead‘s Norman Reedus and Steven Yeun — as well as Mad Men’s Rich Sommer — on the pop culture-slaughterer’s biggest production to date, a short saga titled “Soup of The Walking Dead.” Take a peek at Part 1 of the zombiepocalypse below, and catch the full five-minute flick Friday at 10/9c.

Loading video...

• Fox’s dino-drama Terra Nova will wrap up its 13-hour run on Monday, December 19.

• Downton Abbey actress Rose Leslie has joined Season 2 of HBO’s Game of Thrones in the pivotal role of Ygritte, “a Wildling woman that Jon Snow meets during during his adventures beyond the Wall,” per EW.com.

• Newcomer Megan Stevenson ($#*! My Dad Says) will play Zoe’s New York pal who pays an unexpected visit to Bluebell on Hart of Dixie, Zap2it reports. Meanwhile, Wes Brown (True Blood) is set to recur on The CW charmer as the town veterinarian — and another love interest for Rachel Bilson’s fish-out-of-water doc.

The midseason ABC comedy Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23, which counts among its cast Dawson’s Creek alum James Van Der Beek (playing himself), has similarly cast Hercules vet Kevin Sorbo and Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman‘s Dean Cain as themselves, EW.com reports. In sepearte episodes, Sorbo will play a wedding date for Krysten Ritter’s Chloe, and Cain will play a rival of the Beek’s.

• Discovery has ordered a documentary on the late Apple creator Steve Jobs, titled Genius: How Steve Jobs Changed the World, per EW.com. Mystbusters‘ Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman will host the one-hour special, airing Sunday, Oct. 16 at 8 pm.

• Oxygen’s Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood returns for its sixth season on Tuesday, November 29.

• Kanye West and Maroon 5 have been announced as performers on The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, airing Tuesday, Nov. 29 on CBS.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. Walrus says:

Justified, while completely awesome, is not a Western :)

• znachki says:

Walrus – I beg to differ. While Justified isn’t set in the American “west” or the late 1800’s, it is, in its DNA, a Western.

Raylan is a loner, and a gunfighter(really), with a code of honor.
      Justice for him is based on that code, and is a personal and direct thing. The show deals with clans and families with feuds going back generations.

Totally a western.

2. L says:

I absolutely hate Neal McDonough and may stop watching Justified just because of him.

3. Michael Sacal says:

Another unwatchable video…

4. Alicia says:

Downton Abbey = epic programming.

5. S. says:

Justified Season 2 was amazing. Great story arcs and acting! The show was robbed @the Emmys. No way Mad Men deserved best drama! Can’t wait for Season 3!

6. Jess says:

Ygritte has been cast even though her role is small in book 2, while the Reeds still haven’t been cast yet!!! WHAT!?! I WANT MY REEDS! CAN’T WAIT FOR NEXT APRIL!!!

7. Yes he walking good to his dad for more discustion i am really very impressed with this blog.
    Thanks for sharing…

8. aleksa says:

So, how long until there is a “You know nothing, Jon Snow” teaser for the next season of GoT?

9. Amber says:

Mankini! Dancing maxipad! Intern! Courtney Stoddard! Rich Summer! That video has the makings of a blockbuster, I tell ya. Loved it, can’t wait to see the whole thing. Winky face.

I also loved how you referred to Justified as a western, Megan. I love westerns, and I love Justified, and I agree that is exactly what it is. I’m excited to see Neal McDonough on the show, he makes a really good villain with those intense eyes of his. Justified always makes really perfect casting choices. Even Elmore Leonard himself is thrilled with the casting on that show.

10. Nancy says:

Will Richard Speight Jr. be back as Jed??? I just love that actor and really enjoyed him in JUSTIFIED last season. I sure hope he will be back!

11. Casey says:

Well I can already tell I’m gonna hate Neal McDonough this season. He always plays the a-hole role PERFECTLY. Maybe he’ll be a CHARMING a-hole though, who knows? Either way, he’s a fantastic actor and I look forward to seeing him in season three! :D And as for Mykelti Williamson, well he’ll always be Bubba or Baby-O to me, so it’ll be weird to see him as the bad guy, but I love him so I look forward to seeing him too! (: I wish they’d bring Jeremy Davies as Dickie back, but I don’t see it happening, unfortunately. But anyway, definitely excited for season three! Yaaay! :D