Ringer Bosses Talk Secret Identity Reveals, MIA Baby Bumps and the Real Siobhan's Next Move

Word to the wise: When chatting with the brains behind The CW’s Ringer (Tuesdays, 9/8c), don’t expect a single spoiler to be spilled. Executive producers Eric Charmelo and Pam Veasey are as tight-lipped as they come — giving the folks over on the late great Lost a run for their money — but given the super-secretive nature of the show, it kinda works for them.

TVLine spoke with the pair about what’s yet to be rung on Ringer, particularly as it pertains to Gemma, Siobhan and that monumental reveal of her true identity which capped last week’s installment.

THE MAIN SECRET IS OUT… | The first few minutes of Tuesday’s Ringer pick up where we left off, with Bridget (played by Sarah Michelle Gellar) revealing her identity — she’s not Siobhan, but rather, her twin — to Gemma (Tara Summers). “It was a bold move on Bridget’s part,” Charmelo says, “It was partial desperation, partial plea to try to find an ally in this crazy world.” But how does it play out now that Gemma knows all? We can’t spill (because it’s too good!), but Charmelo says, “Just because the secret’s out to one person doesn’t mean it’s out to the collective. And the drive in [this week's] episode is to try and contain the oil spill, if you will.” Veasey recognizes that it was early in the season to bust out such a game-changer, but adds, “We needed to have some drama that she could share with someone and up the stakes for Bridget. She can’t live this life and make this choice and everything just lives smoothly. People would go, ‘Right…’ You have to have some jeopardy for her.”

… BUT THAT OTHER SECRET IS NOT | Moving forward, Veasey promises, “You will see more of Siobhan. She’s not always just our punctuation in every episode.” That said, it remains to be seen when exactly Bridget will discover that her sister is actually alive. “Siobhan’s always been the one driven by revenge, so keep that in mind,” Veasey says of the character’s next move. “Revenge has to rear its beautiful head at some point in grander ways.” Adds Charmelo, “She’ll realize she needs to move around in order for things to work out the way she wants them to. So, being sedentary [in Paris] is not in the cards for Siobhan.”

BABY TALK | Now about that supposed pregnancy…. “It’s a quandary she finds herself in,” Charmelo teases of Bridget’s lack of a burgeoning baby bump. “At this point she’d probably be close to two months, so she has to come up with a plan soon. The length of the season will probably span the length of her pregnancy.” The exec producer adds — with a laugh — that Bridget’s options are “fake a miscarriage or… get pregnant — if she’s not already. She was a stripper!” And if you’re wondering why Ioan Gruffudd’s Andrew and faux-Siobhan haven’t even feigned affection, Charmelo says it’s intentional: “We’re going to build up their relationship.”

HOT FOR TEACHER | Veronica Mars alum Jason Dohring joins the fold next week as the instructor of Siobahn’s stepdaughter at her new — gasp! — public school. So, can we expect the usual teacher/student hookup? “Juliet (Zoey Deutch) does like her teacher,” Veasey teases. That said, the relationship starts off innocently enough, with Dohring’s character acting as an “ally” for Juliet, who feels completely out of her element in her new placement among the locals.

LASTLY, AN OMINOUS TEASE | Keep an eye this week on Kris Polaha’s philandering Henry. That’s all.

TAGS: , , , , ,
GET MORE: Interviews, Previews

1. Snapy says:

Clearly Gemma will think “Siobhan” is lying about being Bridget to get out of being “caught” for having an affair.
    Still, it’s a fun show!. Full season pick-up, please!

• Joline says:

Funny – I didn’t think about that option but makes sense! I actually hope that happens because I don’t want Gemma to have anything over Bridget. I don’t like her very much.

2. Dessy says:

LMFAO!!
    I am fascinated by this show’s ridiculousness(if there’s a word like that)

3. Lily says:

I like this show a lot. SMG looks amazing and her chemistry with Ioan is fantastic! I ship Bridget and Andrew already… And it’s an interesting show with new excitements every week. Full season pick-up, yes please. I think it deserves it. Excited to see Dohring as well!

4. Magically Suspicious says:

Keep my eye on Kristoffer Polaha? Ok. If I must.

5. Rebecca says:

Ahh… given that I am now recalling an unmarked spoiler I stumbled across a few weeks ago in an article about this show, I think I know what will be happening with Henry this week. It would have been a lot more interesting not to know in advance and be surprised by what goes on, as most of the audience should be.

In Gemma’s place, I’d suspect Bridget of lying too. OTOH, she should put the pieces together and realize that her supposed best friend is acting very OOC. But if she think it’s all an act to trick her… yeah, she still might not believe Bridget.

6. Mimi_France says:

I would love to see bridget and andrew getting closer. i think andrew would fall totally in love with her if he knew who she was and how kind she is. That’s something i’m really looking forward to see… Viva Ringer.. Hope it’ll continue longer… (ps: i love the performance of the agent machado’s actor and SMG… she is stunning).

7. XaR says:

LOVE THIS SHOW!!! captivating and awesome! I think it’s the mot addictive show out of all that have hit the screen this fall… CW has really brought up the game with Ringer and Secret Circle… I hope they both get renewed as I am totally hooked on to both of them…

As for the story, I am anxiously waiting what is the cause of revenge that Siobhan is taking out on Bridgette? WTH happened in the past that caused the rift between the twins?

I know i m ranting here.. but Love this Show and Love SMJ!

8. Carrie says:

I’m really enjoying this show. Lots of eye candy and it’s just fun to watch. I find myself looking forward to it every Tuesday. Loved last week’s cliffhanger. I hope they keep it up. Please give the show a full season, CW!

9. Tracy says:

Really loving this show! I have been a big fan of SMG since Buffy. So happy to have her on TV again and with such a great show! Ringer has lots of twists and turns. I can’t wait to see how its all going to play out! Love, love, love it! CW please give Ringer a full season pick up! Also happy to see that there are others who feel the same way as I do about Ringer.

10. caro says:

loveeeeee ringeerrrrr, ioan and sarah =)

11. lacey says:

Everything sounds so good that I can’t wait to see it happen on my screen!

12. Dewsterling says:

This show is making me nuts. I want to like it. I want to be intrigued. I want to care one way or the other, but the writers are rolling out one Deus ex Machina after another to try and string along and build up false suspense. The promos are cut out of context and ultimately have nothing to do with the actual episodes that air.

To date we have no information about why Bridget attacked her FBI handler and ran away rather than go into Witness Protection. Nor why she decided to take over Shiobhan’s life. Nor is there any explanation about any of Shiobhan’s motivations or, for that matter, anyone else’s. Why does she want “revenge”? Is she out to get Bridget or Andrew or Gemma? If, so, why?

Then we have Nestor Campbell’s agent who is fully stalking Shiobhan at this juncture. He doesn’t have any other cases or leads? Why does he have such a hard-on for Bridget? What is it about her that has both he and Malcolm desperate to help her?

The writers don’t seem to know what to do with either Bridget or Shiobhan, so why do they keep adding new characters to take them yet even further away from the storyline?

• Barnswallow says:

She ran away from the FBI handler because she didn’t believe they could protect her.
      She took over Shiobhan’s life because she saw it as a way out. She could keep running, or pretend to be her sister. I believe she mentioned why in one of her phone calls back to her sponsor.
      Nestor Campbell wants to put away Macawi. Bridget is the only way the have of doing that.

• Rebecca says:

Did you see the pilot episode? Bridget apologized to Siobhan over an incident that occurred with the little boy in the photo with Siobhan. He’s clearly part of the puzzle. No, this show doesn’t lay all of its cards on the table immediately. That’s part of the fun of watching… to see the stories unfold and learn about the characters as things move along instead of being spoon-fed with an InfoDump.

13. Kaiulani says:

This show is a train wreck and I am loving every momment of it. I can’t wait for Andrew and Bridget to hook up.

14. Rolfe says:

Can’t wait until tonight’s episode. I was so surprised that Bridget revealed herself so early on. I was expecting that to happen during the midseason finale, or even maybe not until the season finale. Also very interested in Jason Dohring’s character.

15. darclyte says:

I’m not sure how much longer I’ll stick with this series. BTW, how bad was that “boat scene” from the pilot episode? When she “jumped in” the ocean to look for Siobhan…was SMG just walking around some sound stage with a green screen behind her and water added in front of her via special effects afterwards? It was just D grade production at best.

• Russ says:

Oh my god that was the first episode. Get over it.

• darclyte says:

Yeah, because that was like soooo long ago. In 2011, NO show on ANY major network should have that bad of production. CW is NOT some local cable access channel, but that scene was worse than most local tv lottery show productions.

Doesn’t matter, because I’m out after tonight’s episode. Bridget asked for a chance with Gemma after spilling her plan to Gemma’s hubby. That made NO sense. The events at the end just gave this show one too many “twists.” It’s like when you’re tightening a bolt on the brake line of your bike, or a guitar string, and you turn it just too far and it snaps the string, the line, or the bolt. The ending of this episode did that for me. I’m done, and it’s too bad because I like SMG, but this show is just not that good. Ahh well, Walking Dead starts on Sunday, so I’ve now freed up an hour of tv watching for a much better series instead. Bring on the Zombies!

16. G says:

I love this show!!! I started watching bc of Ioan ( love him!) and have really enjoyed the entire cast except Gemma who was miscast. CW must must order full season!!

• Sparky says:

Thought she was just bugging the crap out of me!! Glad she’s dead. Also looking forward to seeing Andrew and Siobhan/Bridget getting closer. Have to say I really look forward to this show every week…

17. Joline says:

I LOVE this show. I don’t think every single detail needs to be perfect or over analyzed – it is just campy fun in a suspenseful series. I love SMG and all of the characters are very well cast (with the exception of Gemma who I just personally don’t like in this role.) So excited to see what happens next.

18. Reward says:

OMG.
    This ep was A M A Z I N G!
    At the end, I was like this face -> O______O

//SPOILER://

So, has Henry killed Gemma?
    Please, I don’t want to think about it!
    It was SOOOO good!

19. zekat says:

Just rewatched it…. I think Siobhan had something to do with Gemma’s demise… she said to Henry… You saw her today? referring to Siobhan. So Shiv (or Siob?) is back in NYC messing around!

20. Ringer says:

love this show! SMG didn’t disappoint me thank god! full with OHHH moment and damn it expressions! love it!!! she’s a true actress and the cast is amazing! Henrry is pissing me off! he so doesn’t feel with anyone! Jerk!