Exclusive

Hart of Dixie Exclusive: Dawson's Creek Vet to Play [Spoiler Alert]!

Meredith Monroe will soon be whistling Hart of Dixie.

TVLine has learned exclusively that the Dawson’s Creek alumna will appear this fall on at least one episode of the CW charmer (Mondays, 9/8c) as a very important former Bluebell resident who has ties to a few of the characters we already know and love.

Jaime King Attempts to Untangle Hart of Dixie’s Sweetly-Twisted Love Triangle

We wish we could fill you in on when you can expect to see her and how she pops back up in the tiny town, but it’s too good to spoil just yet. To make it up to you, here’s a fun fact: Monroe’s Dixie guest spot marks her first appearance on The CW née The WB since her many years spent on the Creek.

Monroe’s more recent credits include NCIS, Psych and a major recurring stint on Criminal Minds.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, Scoop, Spoilers

1. fernando says:

I love Hart Of Dixie

2. Claudia says:

I love Hart of Dixie. So cute!

3. Lauren says:

She’s a little young, but I’m guessing this is Lemon’s long-lost mama.

4. James says:

I bet it’s Wade’s ex-wife. I read his ex-wife is going to be showing up this season.

5. Jake says:

totally has to be Lemon’s mom!

6. Amanda says:

This show better not be cancelled!

7. Eric says:

Sweet. I love her.

8. Boiler says:

One of my favorite shows of new season. How can you not like Rachel Bilson

9. Kate says:

I have no idea who this woman is as I never watched Dawson’s Creek (okay, I watched it once but I couldn’t get into it) but I love Hart of Dixie and hope the CW keeps it around!

10. Summer says:

It’s funny. This season, out of familiar faces returning to TV, I was the most excited for Sarah Michelle Gellar and Ringer. But from the moment she appeared on screen, I realized I’d missed Rachel Bilson more. I hope, hope, HOPE this doesn’t get cancelled. (I hope Ringer doesn’t get cancelled either, because it’s just starting to get good, too.)

11. Mayra says:

I’m thinking Lemon’s mom.
    I’m gonna love to see Meredith! Haven’t seem her since Criminal Minds.
    Andie McPhee was one of my favourite characthers on Dawson’s Creek. I miss her :)

12. ally says:

Really liking the show, it’s fun and different from the norm. As much as I enjoy Rachel Bilson, I can’t help but feel like she was miscast. It’s a real stretch for me to believe her as a young doctor – she plays it to young. I don’t know, maybe she’ll get more depth and maturity in future episodes… I hope it doesn’t get cancelled!

BTW, love MM – can’t wait to see her in a southern role.

13. Hols says:

I love Meredith Monroe and I have since her Dawson’s days. It’s almost enough to make me tune into Hart of Dixie (which I’d avoided b/c Rachel Bilson… as a doctor? That just sounded hilarious — in a bad way.)

14. Billie says:

Wasn’t sure if I’d like Hart of Dixie, didn’t know if it’d be dull…BUT I am sooooo glad I watched 1st ep! I was so wrong & glad to be.
    Love it & now for sure know it is Not dull. I watch a lot of shows but this is in my top 10.

15. allyson lincoln says:

Meredith is my step~sister. She is the sweetest, kindest, most loving woman. She is so wonderful and close to my mom. I have known her since I was 17, I honestly cannot say one negative thing about her. We are totally different, but I am oh, so proud to have her be a part of my family. Humbling.

16. Lisa A says:

Hart of Dixie is not the fastest moving show on tv, bit it has “heart” and I actually really enjoy it. I truly hope they give it a fair chance. I also really love “Ringer”… SMG is a fantastic actress. Not crazy about The Secret Circle, but its ok.