Exclusive

Terra Nova First Look Video: Will Elisabeth's Ex Become a Dino's Dinner?

Last week on Fox’s Terra Nova (Mondays at 8/7c), viewers — and Jim Shannon, for that matter! — met Dr. Malcolm Wallace (The Tudors‘ Rod Hallett), the chief science officer who played a key role in getting Elisabeth recruited for the 10th pilgrimage, yet under the assumption she’d arrive stag, leaving her convict husband in 2149.

Well, Doc, that’s not how it turned out, but Jim nonetheless seems irked that out of all the gin joints in all the prehistoric eras, his wife finds herself reunited with an old flame from med school. But then again, in the extremely wild West of Terra Nova, who’s to say that Jim’s “problem” won’t be solved by one hungry dinosaur?

Terra Nova: 10 Burning Questions Answered!

Such a scenario is teased in this clip from this week’s episode, in which Jim and Malcolm get eyeballed by an Ovosaurus as a virus at a scientific outpost erases the memory of several colonists. REMINDER: Both Terra Nova and House are set to air new episodes tonight, though Fox’s coverage of this afternoon’s American League championship series Game 2 might, just might, make them run a bit late.

1. Jerry says:

I really, really hate baseball interrupting my shows.

• Kristen says:

Seriously!!!!

• Brian says:

Yup. Seriously Pissed…

• Plum says:

I curse Texas and that other team, like I care about baseball. Feh!! Fehhh!!

Pretty much groused until 9 pm, then spent the hour happily mocking Terra Nova. They need to start dressing the extras in red shirts, it’ll make them pop more when dinos are munching on them. I am so sick of Harry Potter; why oh why can’t the son get shot permanently through a wormhole to no where? The son literally sucks the life out of the show like a little energy vampire.

Meanwhile the two daughters are adorable, and the teen daughter’s courtship with the rather stilted young soldier is all kinds of charming. But the son, yeeeesh. He makes Wesley look like Whorf. Harry Potter must go.

2. Michael Sacal says:

Why does this show sound so much like Outcasts?

• Plum says:

Why does Outcasts look so much like Battlestar and Earth 2? Because there is a dearth of original ideas and we all grow up terrified of the monsters on Land of the Lost, and we had frequent nightmares of our falling through cracks in the backyard that would deposit us in a nightmare land infested with dinosaurs, without twinkies and TV.

3. MoxieSue says:

So they left the other guy unconscious on the ground to get eaten by the ovosaurus?

4. desolaaa@yahoo.com says:

LOL!
    I look forward to this!

5. jordan says:

This show is so lame.

6. JoJo says:

BRANNON BRAGA runs a SCI-FI show on FOX..hmmm what could possibly go wrong?

7. Jay says:

Dr. Malcolm Wallace and the oldest Shannon kid (very annyoying after 2 episodes already…) could both become some dino fast food.

• Clay says:

Agreed. They should totally throw in that kid for dessert.
      But I actually do like the show a lot, unlike most people.

• Charlie says:

I agree. I see and mostly agree with many of the issues that plague this show, be it acting, script, no suspense, etc etc. And I still plan to watch it. Some shows get better as they go along. We’ll see. I do like it, but I don’t expect it to last more than one season at this rate.

• Alice says:

Everything the oldest son does is annoying. Learn from what it took V too long to figure out- you’ll get better ratings if he dies in spectacular fashion. His “I’m going to bring my girlfriend over” plotline already has me bored. Stick with Jason O’Mara, because I could watch him run from dinos all night long.

8. june says:

I was very upset to find baseball on instead of my favorite show

9. Desi says:

I really hate baseball right now.. Gah

10. Desi says:

Couldn’t agree more.

11. lol says:

I LOVE BASEBALL!!

12. eveateden says:

I don’t mind sports but I cannot stand when they interrupt my shows. I’d rather the show not air that night then air late and my dvr miss part of it :(.