Ratings: Breaking Bad Caps Top-Rated Season With Biggest Finale to Date

Breaking Bad‘s shocking and satisfying Season 4 finale drew 1.9 million total viewers with its initial 10 pm airing, marking a 19 percent increase from the acclaimed AMC drama’s Season 3 closer and thus the show’s most-watched finale to date.

Breaking Bad Finale Recap, Plus the Inside Story Behind That Jaw-Dropping Scene!

Of that tally, 1.2 million viewers fell into the coveted 18-40 demo, coming up shy of the series’ all-time high, which was set with the Season 4 premiere.

Breaking Bad‘s Giancarlo Esposito Talks About Playing TV’s ‘Baddest Motherf—er’

Folding in the finale’s two Sunday-night encores, the total audience rose to 2.9 million viewers, solidly capping the show’s highest-rated season ever, which was up 24 percent in the demo versus the third cycle.

1. Sourabh says:

I understand that everybody can have a different opinion, but I do not understand how someone could give it an F.

2. Matt says:

They probly just gave it a F to be a d-bag.

3. Vincent says:

I’ll tell you who. The same d-bags that watch Keeping Up With The Kardashians or Two and a Half Men.

There are simply some people with no taste.

That finale rocked!

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!

4. AJ says:

It didn’t beat the whole “my actions caused a midair plane crash” finale but it was a damn close 2nd place. Viva la Walter White!

5. Marcus Dixon says:

There’s no rule that says you have to watch it in order to vote. The person who gave it an F clearly didn’t watch it. :-)

6. Nadz says:

i hope it wins best drama at the emmys next year. It deserves too!

7. I truly believe this series will be among the top 10 dramas, of all time. Up there with “The Sopranos”, “The Shield”, & “The Wire”. “Breaking Bad” is on a level so high, that AMC is making networks like Showtime & HBO turn up the heat. Mr. Cranston, is a brilliant, astonishing, & just quite possibly the #1 actor in television right now. I’m not talking “Emmy” I’m talking from a viewers point, Bryan Cranston is to Tv drama, what Al Pacino, Jack Nicholson & Robert DeNiro are for to cinema. In closing I’d like to say that if Vince Gillian was to end the series next season, I’d be happy as long as the series goes out with a “Bang!” I’d much rather that, than the series go on for 10 seasons & just run out of fresh material & ruin the entire series cause the last two seasons were mediocre. It’s happened to many, many shows on TV. “Breaking Bad”, is & will be my #1 ongoing television drama. I’ll be here next year, Mr. Cranston.

8. Daniel says:

your numbers are off, they had 2.9 million viewers, with 1.8 million in the 18-49 Demo

9. Heisenburg says:

Love this show!! Can’t wait til Season:5. Everyone I know absolutely loves it as well