Ratings: Charlie's Angels Dive and Grey's Hits Low as Yankees-Tigers Game Sets Record

Get More: News, Ratings

Facing the Yankees-Tigers Game 5 — aka the highest-rated MLB Division Series match-up in cable history, with almost 10 million viewers — only one primetime series (The Mentalist) enjoyed an increase in ratings, while ABC’s lineup incurred the biggest damage.

Leading off the Alphabet network’s slate, Charlie’s Angels drew fewer than 6 million total viewers while scoring a 1.2 demo rating, representing plunges of 17 and 20 percent. (In fact, The Vampire Diaries tied the Angels in the demo.)

At 9 o’clock, Grey’s Anatomy (with 8.5 million viewers and an all-time low 3.0 rating) was down 17 percent, placing third in the hour behind The X Factor and CBS newbie Person of Interest. A strong episode of Private Practice(6.2 mil/2.1) sealed ABC’s sad fate, dropping 20 and 25 percent,

Michael Slezak’s X Factor Recap: Ranking the Top 32!

Elsewhere on Wednesday:

8 pm | The Big Bang Theory (13.6 million total viewers/4.4 rating) dipped a little but topped the night in both measures; How to Be a Gentleman led out of that with 7.8 mil/2.5, down only a bit from its debut. The X Factor averaged 11.2 mil and a 3.8, down just a few percentage points week-to-week.

Trailing ABC’s Angels, NBC’s sitcombo of Community (3.4 mil/1.5) and Parks and Rec (4.13 mil/1.9) slipped 17 and 10 percent in the demo, while The Vampire Diaries (2.55 mil/1.2) was off 8 percent.

Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos from Last Night’s Vampire Diaries

9 pm | Behind X Factor, Person of Interest placed a solid second, with 11.5 million viewers and a 2.5 rating (down 7 percent). The Office (5.71 mil/3.1) dropped 11 percent in the demo to hit a six-and-a-half year low, while the recently picked-up Whitney (4.88 mil/2.3) was down 8 percent in its third week. The CW’s Secret Circle (1.96 mil/0.8) dropped 20 percent in the demo; but hey, it’s no H8R.

Grey’s Anatomy First Look Video: What Is Meredith and Derek’s Next Crisis?

10 pm | The aforementioned Mentalist dominated the hour with 12.9 million total viewers and a 2.7 rating, inching up 4 percent in the demo. Placing a distant third behind Private Practice, NBC’s Prime Suspect (5 mil/1.5) held steady with the 18-49 crowd but dropped 13 percent in total audience.

What were you tuned into this Thursday?

Comments (90)

• Looks like Charlie’s Angels is next on the canceled list. Not surprised. How many shows that are re-makes of original TV shows (i.e. Knight Rider) , have actually worked?

Comment by Jerri – October 7, 2011 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You could say 90210, but that show is a complete train wreck, on and off camera. Constantly changing showrunners and cast members. If you add to that the fact that the ratings have been miserable for the past 2 years, I wouldn’t really call it a success.

Comment by Chmarin – October 7, 2011 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yep. 90210 , still on air. but for how long? given the cast shake ups and showrunner changes, it’s no surprise the ratings aren’t stellar.

Comment by Jerri – October 7, 2011 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • 90210 really hasn’t had that many cast changes. They haven’t added a series regular since season 2 (Gillian Zinser). They cut 3 regulars this season, but Trevor Donavan is still a guest star and how many people were actually watching the show for Lori Loughlin and Ryan Eggold? I can’t believe viewers are tuning out for those reasons. The writing on the other hand . . . is just awful this season. Definitely blame the new showrunners for that.

Comment by JC – October 7, 2011 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • 90210 is a complete disgrace of the original. I watched at first for Shannen Doherty and Jennie Garth and I continued watching it for awhile in the hopes that they would return but have since given up on their returning and also on the show all together. This 90210 is pathetic and doesn’t hold a candle to the original and deserves to be canceled before any of the new CW shows aside from H8ter, which has already met it’s fate.

Comment by Liz – October 7, 2011 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hawaii Five-0!

Comment by Balaji K – October 7, 2011 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yep, Hawaii 5-0 works, (in part because of the CSI, NCIS, etc that are also on CBS); whilst Charlie’s Angels is on ABC, I wonder if it would’ve worked better had the show been on CBS? Or maybe people don’t really want to see Charlie’s Angels re-imagined?

H50 is actually a very decent remake compared to some of the others that have been tried in the past. I hope Hawaii Five-0 goes on for several more years. There’s a crossover with NCIS LA coming up too.

Comment by Jerri – October 7, 2011 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • If they would have actually re-imagined Charlie’s Angels it may have worked, but instead they just redid it. It’s 2011, at 70′s TV show won’t work anymore.

H50 is substantially different than it’s original. They updated it and it works. The original Charlie’s Angels was better — and that’s saying a lot.

Comment by partly – October 7, 2011 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • There’s a H50 and NCIS LA crossover coming up? That’s sounds kinda cool. It’s a good show. I watched the premiere and I enjoyed seeing Terry O’Quinn in the show.

Comment by @Jerri – October 7, 2011 12:45 PM PDT
        • Now, if Hawaii 5-0 would just stop messing with success by fooling around with its cast and drowing them out with too many guest stars taking away from the core cast! Geez, writers, producers & CBS!

Comment by Suncatcher – October 7, 2011 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Battlestar Galactica

Comment by ultimate troll – October 7, 2011 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Reboots that have been successful (and by successful, I mean more than one season):

Hawaii 5-0, 90210, Battlestar Galactica, Nikita

Reboots that have failed to get past one season:

Charlie’s Angles (yes it will be canceled soon)
      Melrose Place
      Bionic Woman
      Knight Rider
      Love Boat
      Fantasy Island
      Wonder Woman (never made it past the pilot)
      Rockford Files (never made it out of development)
      V (OK, it was technically two seasons for V, but it only had 20 episodes total)

Comment by EatMorePez – October 7, 2011 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • All of these reboots have one thing in common: bad writing.

The writers of these reboots don’t care like the original writers did. I feel that the writers need to be fans, in some regard, of the show they are rebooting. Melrose Place definitely suffered because of this, as has 90210 (that and the showrunner changes).

We’ll see about Charlie’s Angels. The original and the movies weren’t the best, and people aren’t tuning in for great television when they do. I think that people like more intelligent procedurals like Body of Proof now, not the corny and campy Charlie’s Angels-like shows.

We’ll see.

Comment by Darcy – October 7, 2011 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not only that, but Charlie’s Angels is recycling PLOTLINES from the original series!

Comment by Dr. Matt – October 8, 2011 06:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any word on Vampire Diaries and Secret Circle? Those are my Thursday shows!

Comment by Snapy – October 7, 2011 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Um, hello, it was Game 5 of the Tigers vs. Yankees last night. I don’t think I’ve ever missed an episode of Grey’s on purpose and I actually watched the game last night.

Comment by Mesha – October 7, 2011 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ugh Charlie’s Angels, hold on one more week, need my Durance fix, please, then you can go to hell

Comment by Gabriela – October 7, 2011 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is exactly my feelings! I need it there for Durance next week!! PLEEEEEASE!

Comment by Jessica – October 7, 2011 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • YES!!! that’s what i was thinking!!! Watching CA last night I felt the emptiness Smallville has left, (especially all those Lois & Clark meaningful convos they had in Season 10) then when i saw the Promo for next week & saw Erica, i was ecstatic. I can’t believe I’d forgotten she was guest staring.

Hopefully her Medical Drama for CTV makes it :)

Comment by ZmaX – October 7, 2011 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Perhaps it’s a good thing that the producers of ‘Charlies Angels’ dropped Robert Wagner from being the voice of Charlie – good for Mister Wagner that is.

Cousin of mine tried to watch but could keep watching and called it (his word, not mine since I haven’t watched): insipid.

Comment by NoChance – October 7, 2011 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Your cousin knows his tv, it truly is the worst new show of the season.

Comment by Eli – October 7, 2011 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I tried watching the first episode and i it was so bad … I was laughing. Worst show I’ve seen in a long time, which is too bad because I wanted to see more of Minka Kelly. I just can’t/won’t watch that show anymore.

Comment by CK – October 9, 2011 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shame about GA, last night’s ep was really cute. Though maybe they shouldn’t have guy-centric eps in the future? The Mentalist had another great ep as well, so no surprise about the ratings. And though I don’t watch Whitney, I can’t believe it got a full season pick-up; with it’s numbers (for starters) it should be headed for cancellation.

Comment by Alicia – October 7, 2011 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really enjoyed the “guys” episode! I kind of hope they do another one!

Comment by Paige – October 7, 2011 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “The Mentalist” had a good episode last night. I enjoyed it immensely. All the best elements were there: they had many funny moments-it felt like a season one episode-the humor is part of what made season one so good, the story was absorbing and had some good twists, I enjoyed the Jane and Lisbon banter immensely. The only thing I could’ve used a bit more of was Cho. But all-in-all, this season is shaping up to be quite good with the first three episodes thus far.

Comment by @Alicia – October 7, 2011 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Totally agree @Alicia! Mentalist gets better and better. More Cho please…

Comment by cher – October 7, 2011 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vampire Diaries 1.2/3 2.55 (down a tenth)
    The Secret Circle 0.8/2 1.96 (down two-tenths)

Comment by Selen – October 7, 2011 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It really does seem like Hawaii Five-0 is the exception to the rule on remakes of TV shows, but lets be honest H50 is ridiculous awesome and has an amazing cast.

Comment by Rob – October 7, 2011 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love the new Hawaii Five-0.

Comment by CK – October 9, 2011 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thursdays used to be the best night in television…sad to see it go downhill. ABC needs to really rework its shows…

Comment by kikay – October 7, 2011 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As a longtime “Grey’s” viewer, I have to say last night’s episode was one of the worst ever. Everyone going to Derek’s to hammer nails, while non-stop pop music covers every second not occupied by banal dialogue, means the viewers that dropped off this week were a helluva smarter than we were.

People say Chyler Leigh’s Lexi character is MIA because she wanted to spend more time with her family. A more likely conclusion is she got a glance at the upcoming scripts.

Comment by filmex – October 7, 2011 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe Charlies Angels is still on. I’m trying so hard but it’s just so bad. And I don’t know how Whitney got a full season pick up. That show is not funny. And as much as I want to like Prime Suspect (the original was fantastic) this just isn’t working for me either.

Comment by Mary – October 7, 2011 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I just can’t believe that no one at ABC network thinks the writing and acting on CA is just utterly awful. They are kidding themselves if they think there is any talent (creatively) associated with this show.

Comment by art – October 7, 2011 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That girl in the picture above (Minca?) is a horrible actress horrible. She should try modelling or take more acting classes.

Comment by Pookie – October 7, 2011 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • One of the problems with this CA remake was the casting. People don’t mind watching some mindless fun as long as they connect and have fun while watching it. But the 3 leads have no charisma, they do not engage the audience into any scene (you know, causing any reaction or emotion = acting). Add that to the poor writing, zero directing, and there you have 3 beautiful girls who should be all about having a great time while fighting crime, turning it into something boring and, well, just boring, really.

Comment by Gigi – October 7, 2011 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Minka Kelly is actually not bad. She was one of the worst parts of Friday Night Lights, but that cast was TERRIFIC and sadly way underrated. I haven’t seen CA, but I imagine she rises to the cast around her. She’s not ever going to win awards, but she’s servicable when the material is right.

Comment by Taylor – October 7, 2011 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They’re all terrible on this. Minka was bad at first on FNL but then she was fine later, and good on Parenthood as well. Rachael was fine on Grey’s. I don’t think I’ve seen Annie in anything else before, so I can’t speak for her, but I assume she’s normally better too.

Comment by Brittany – October 7, 2011 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Annie was on General Hospital for about a year (she left GH for CA). She was HORRIBLE on GH.

Comment by Meg – October 7, 2011 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt, would you say Person of Interest is looking good for a full season pick up?

Comment by Becky – October 7, 2011 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I second this, Matt. Good show. I’d be interested to know if it was picked up for a full season too.

Comment by Rory – October 7, 2011 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I 3rd this. Person of Interest is the only new show that has me intrigued. Any good news for us, Matt?

Comment by chase – October 7, 2011 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only one liking Charlies Angels? I mean, it’s not the original, or the movies, but it’s not a bad show. I think had it been a detective drama about three women and not “Charlie’s Angels” people would have watched more. No one likes to see their favorite shows redone, the nostalgia is always going to win over the new version–whether or not it’s actually “better.”

Comment by kate – October 7, 2011 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Kate, I’ve never seen the original and I don’t care enough about the two movies to feel any nostalgia towards them. I still absolutely hate the “new” Charlie’s Angels, because its just that bad a show.
      I think its kind of insulting and presumptuous of you to think that everyone who dislikes the show must do so because of nostalgia.

Comment by Eli – October 7, 2011 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Babe, people don’t like because it’s a bad show. Face it. The only reason why the first couple of episodes had higher ratings was because of the nostalgia, everyone was curious to see it.

Comment by Kiki – October 7, 2011 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • *don’t like it.

Comment by Kiki – October 7, 2011 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “I think had it been a detective drama about three women and not “Charlie’s Angels” people would have watched more.”

I don’t think the pilot would’ve been picked up, in this case.

Comment by Rory – October 7, 2011 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Kate, you’re not alone. I like it too. I think it’s a good escape hour. I’m not fully invested in the characters or dying to know what happens next, but I don’t regret the hour I spent watching it either.

Comment by Nichole – October 7, 2011 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • people who watch charlie’s angels should start watching Nikita, which is truly the best show. Nikita should b moved 2 thursdays.

Comment by Mm – October 7, 2011 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nikita is way better than CA. I loved the old CA and even was amused with the 2 movies by Drew, but this current one is just a snore.

Comment by amanda – October 7, 2011 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope NBC will pick up Prime Suspect. Like Jane, the main character, the show grows on you. :)

Comment by Marie – October 7, 2011 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I liked last night’s show much better than the previous episodes. I also liked Jane working with Detectives Calderon and Blando. Plus, Det. Duffy wasn’t as mean.

Comment by Annie – October 7, 2011 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I personally liked the all male Greys episode but it really was way off for the demographics of the show. No more experiments. Stick to what works. Then again, there was a pretty important game going on. Charlie’s Angels, well, why did anyone think that was going to work? The angels look and dress like models. They are not credible at all as crime fighting gals. ABC should’ve thought Beckett instead of Heidi Klum. Every time there’s a fight scene I have to look away. Last night I just has the tv on for background noise while CA was on. Rachael should just go back to Greys. Alex misses Lucy.

Comment by anom – October 7, 2011 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL, how ironic, since Stana Katic (Beckett) is an ex-model actually.

Comment by Eli – October 7, 2011 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well, Stana can act. On the other hand, Minka Kelly, who calls herself an actress, should stick to being somebody’s girlfriend in gossip magazines.

Comment by Kiki – October 7, 2011 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m actually not a big fan of Stana Katic’s acting, its Fillion who carries that show.

Comment by Eli – October 7, 2011 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I like them both about equally as far as acting goes. Neither are stupendous actors, they have room to grow though, but both are good-above average, I’d say.

Comment by @Eli – October 7, 2011 04:02 PM PDT
        • Have to agree with you about Minka Kelly; my only previous experience with her was in the admittedly not-great Single White Female rip-off The Roommate and she was positively AWFUL in that(and made Leighton Meester, already a pretty good actress, look Oscar caliber). A remake of an already notorious show was a dicey proposition to begin with, but her being cast was the deal breaker for me having absolutely no interest in tuning in. Plus, it’s on opposite The Vampire Diaries so there’s that.

Comment by ChrisGa – October 7, 2011 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Prime Suspect probably won’t last long. NBC and ABC really need a re-haul of their network schedule, and to rethink what people actually want to watch.

Comment by JohnDoe – October 7, 2011 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, well, THIS person WANTS to continue watching Prime Suspect.

Comment by Tania – October 7, 2011 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This person actually wanted to keep watching Law&Order: LA. I’m still peeved that Greenblatt cancelled it. Prime Suspect is growing on me. I enjoyed last night’s episode.

Comment by Annie – October 7, 2011 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Person of Interest keeps going strong. It’s a great show, with a badass main character. Shows like that don’t come around very often, except for 24. People are more interested in these feminine shows.

Comment by JohnDoe – October 7, 2011 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not surprised about Grey’s ratings. When Kepner got more screen time than Meredith and Cristina combined the show was totally off last night. It’s a drama. I get it but how long are they going to drag Meredith and Derek through the mud? Am I the only one who thought the backdrop of the house was so fake and unprofessional looking?

Comment by Not surprised – October 7, 2011 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been watching Charlie’s Angels but by watch I mean, it runs in the background while I distract myself. I have nothing against remakes as long as they are good. But there is no chemistry between the cast, terrible plot and cheesy script. Guessing it’s not going to last for much longer. I’m giving up on the show after Erica Durance’s ep has aired.

Vampire Diaries was awesome. I hope it starts picking up the numbers although it’s the best rated show on CW so no chance of cancellation anytime soon.

Comment by Lola – October 7, 2011 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Vampire Diaries has been consistently good for awhile now(just about every ep of season 2 had me on edge). Plus, Nina Dobrev is turning into one of the best actors of that age range on television right now.

Comment by ChrisGa – October 7, 2011 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I completely agree. Vampire Diaries definately gets lumped in with “typical teen drama” shows, but when you start watching it, you realize its actually a great show. Nina Dobrev is particularily fabulous, but the ensemble cast also does a great job. I feel like if the show were on another network, it would get WAY more viewers.

Comment by taylor – October 8, 2011 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really liking Person Of Interest.

Comment by Renee – October 7, 2011 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was not feeling last nights Grey’s Anatomy at all. I especially disliked all the Mark/baby fluff. Ugh. I could do without that completely. And can Lexie please be on the show again soon? That’d be nice.

Comment by Rachel Randall – October 7, 2011 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Chyler Leigh is back next week or the week after that.

Comment by Meg – October 7, 2011 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please let the Secret Circle rebound in ratings, loving it!

90210 is an absolute disgrace. Loved last season, but the new show runners are running the show right into the ground. I have it on DVR but no desire to watch it ::Sigh:: Annie becoming an escort?? Really?? Seems like the new Show runners have not watched a single episode of 90210.

Now onto Grey’s Anatomy, I thought last night’s episode was ok, BUT keep it a one of.

Comment by Ed – October 7, 2011 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 90210 has gone somewhat off the rails; it’s one saving grace continues to be AnnaLynne McCord, who can make even the crappiest writing(and there’s a bunch to be had here)sound kinda genius. Frankly, I miss Trevor Donovan’s Teddy:(.

Comment by ChrisGa – October 7, 2011 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for Person of Interest, one of my favorite new shows!! Hmm for Charlies Angels..its sacrilegious to the original. Please cancel it ASAP!

Comment by nitemar – October 7, 2011 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So what I’m getting from this is that against the most highly-viewed division game in history, everything else lost ratings?

Doesn’t that sort of make sense?

Kind of hard to make a story of the ratings slides until we see them in a different situation.

Comment by Matt – October 7, 2011 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like Person of Interest, but the Bruins opener was on last night and that’s that.

Comment by Kristin – October 7, 2011 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not surprised about Grey’s. Shonda deserves this. I hope all her shows fail. I for one will never watch Scandal. I have invested 7 years into Grey’s and what she has done to MerDer fans is disgusting. She constantly ignores and upsets her fan base. Making Owen into some sort of hero while destroying MerDer will not make fans tune in. Turning McDreamy into a smug and abusive ass is barely watchable. Shoving April Kepner down viewers throats when she is clearly not liked isn’t acceptable. The writer’s clearly do not know how to write for a married couple!

Comment by Vickie – October 7, 2011 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Owen as chief punching people out? Good TV? No. Such terrible writing IMO and so unrealistic. What happened to pushing a sedative as Alex directed? The c/r should be referred to as the month. Most people who watch the show will get it. Most MD fans have left the building already I am afraid. Please don’t refer to the creator’s newest show. Just free pulicity for her and not deserving IMO.

Comment by Emily – October 10, 2011 10:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The actor Who plays Bosley has no charisma and not is a good actor. CA sucks!

Comment by Sarah – October 7, 2011 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree about the Mark storyline on Grey’s. It was awful. I was not a fan of the baby storyline last season and was hoping it wouldn’t be touched on much in this current one. And that whole thing with Jackson being like his kid. HATED IT.

Comment by Gillian – October 7, 2011 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s a shame Secret Circle dropped, last night’s episode was fantastic. I wasn’t too keen on it when it started, but it’s gotten better every episode. My friend is convinced they’re going to kill Nick next week though, which will make me reconsider watching it. He and Melissa were the reason I started enjoying it. Although it has gotten better in regard to storyline and script as well.

Comment by Lauren – October 7, 2011 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Grey’s Anatomy is a great show, but…jeez…I’m getting pretty tired of watching Dr. McWhiney! and after last night’s episode..it seems whining men are going to be regulars….hope they switch gears soon!

Comment by Annie – October 7, 2011 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good thing Minka Kelly dumped Derek Jeter back in August now that the New York Yankees are done but there’s a reason why I still watched Charlie’s Angels and hoping Erica Durance could save the reboot next week but it would be a disappointment if the ANGELS won’t make it ’til the start of 2012. Still hoping that HOW TO BE A GENTLEMAN is prime to get cancelled the day after it airs but this bromance-style sitcom is still horrible and CBS only weak link this year.

Comment by kevin – October 7, 2011 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • People have to realize how ratings work. Persons Of Interest is doing terrible. Demo is all that matters. It dropped again to a 2.5 in the demo and finished fourth in the timeslot. CBS moved CSI and this is doing worse than CSI in that timeslot. And the show is awful people. I know everyone loves every TV show that exists here. But come on. The show was dreadful last night.

Comment by jordan – October 7, 2011 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched Charlie’s Angels ONCE. That’s all I could take! All I could think of was how much the blonde looked like Nicole Kidman!

The only remakes I like are Hawaii 50 and Knight Rider.

Comment by G-Mom – October 7, 2011 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Angels holds on for a few more episodes, just to see if they can pull themselves out of its creative mess. Last nights episode wasn’t terrible, but the opening and closing scenes were badly written and acted. I think the network will wait until after baseball before it is cancelled. Maybe it will bounce back with the Angels in jail homage coming next week. Not a great show, but i like to root for the underdog. Last night’s Secret Circle was terrific. I hope they are starting to hit their creative stride.

Comment by Ronnie – October 7, 2011 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone think the people calling for a boycott of ABC due to the cancellations of the two soaps MIGHT be making an impact? Or are the ABC shows just that bad?

Comment by cptone – October 7, 2011 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Charlie’s Angels is terrible; that’s why no one is watching.

Comment by Kira – October 7, 2011 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah….according to most ratings ALL of ABC’s shows are down.

Comment by cptone – October 7, 2011 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone who likes happiness should really be watching Parks & Rec. By far my favorite show on tv right now.

Comment by L – October 7, 2011 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NBC had a great night of shows last night, but I admit I don’t watch Whitney at all. I say Parks and Rec won the night in terms of quality, but TBBT (the only CBS Thursday night show I watch) was also very good as well. I’m also starting to really dig Ed Helms as the Office boss. I didn’t think they could pull it off, but they’re totally doing it. However, I still think they missed out on a huge opportunity to hire OLTL’s/Desperate Housewives’ Tuc Watkins as the boss. :)

Comment by Amber – October 7, 2011 11:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The networks need to stop producing unimaginative and uninteresting shows. And they most certainly STOP need to making remakes. Otherwise their ratings will continue to be terrible and they will lose money on producing stupid shows.

For example, two of my new favorite shows from the past few years were Flash Forward on ABC and The Event on NBC. Those shows were amazing because they thought outside of the box, it wasn’t your normal crime dramas or mindless sitcoms. That said, they both had a bit of problems at the beginning (some of the first episodes of Flash Forward were a little boring, that said, during the Holiday break season, the writing changed and subsequent episodes were AMAZING!! and the first few episodes of The Event suffered from random flash forwards and back in time that were actually kind of confusing and hard to follow, but once again over Holiday break the writing was changed and subsequent episodes were much more better.)

I was BITTER when both of these shows were canceled. And as far as I can tell, they didn’t get horrible ratings(not like Playboy Club ratings at least), but yet they were axed. It sucks and honestly, it has made me less likely to want to start watching a new show when it debuts. Never mind the fact that there are NO new shows that I started watching this fall from the networks(because they all looked mediocre at best). That said, I started watching Homeland from Showtime and American Horror Story on FX. This is because that even if they do have bad ratings, they will still at least get a full season, because premium channels don’t just pull the show off when it’s doing bad, they at least try to fix the problems before it get canceled which is usually a few seasons out. (and judging from the ratings for both, they will probably last a long time!)

So here lies the dilemma: the networks are producing poor quality uninspired shows instead of taking the risk to think outside the box. In which case, I am more than happy to pay extra for showtime, HBO and have cable so I can get channels like AMC and FX where I can watch TV shows that think outside the box.

DEAR TV EXECS: NO MORE CRIME DRAMAS OR POINTLESS SITCOM’S PLEASE!

Why is Grey’s Anatomy slowly dying? The writing is getting HORRIBLE. The first 2 seasons of Grey’s Anatomy were absolutely AMAZING. It was realistic, believable, heartwarming and entertaining. I lost all faith in the show when they did that musical episode last season. WTF. The writing is now uninspired, cheesy and nearly unwatchable. I have not watched an episode this season and I am not even curious about what happens to the characters.

Comment by Brenda – October 8, 2011 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Battlestar Galactica was a great reboot and HFO is another reboot I love but I’ve never liked any others. I think the thing is both shows are signigicantly different to the originals. That’s why they work so well. Just remaking something and doing it the same is lame.

I loved the original Battlestar Galactica but loved the new one way more. I didn’t like the original HFO – and I loved most seventies cop shows so nearly didn’t watch the re-boot. I am glad I did! It’s a great action show and there aren’t many of those around these days. Loved the recent SEAL ep.

Comment by sarah jones – October 10, 2011 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post