Nikita's Lyndsy Fonseca Previews 'Complicated' Alex/Sean Romance, Responds to 'Olex' 'Shippers

Lyndsy Fonseca has a message, Nikita fans: Alex is misunderstood!

“I’m getting a lot of tweets and fan mail about Alex being ‘bad’ this year, and I have to say that I don’t think she is,” the lady behind the superagent-in-training tells TVLine with a laugh. “She’s not even on Nikita’s enemy list!”

And that’s not all. Here, Fonseca details what’s ahead for Alex on The CW spy saga (Fridays, 8/7c), and also addresses the thriving fandom eager to see a romance with Devon Sawa’s Owen.

TVLINE | Talk a little about what fans can look forward to with the Alex/Sean relationship, particularly given that Dillon Casey is now a series regular?
People will be happy that Sean is not just on the show for an Alex love storyline. It’s more interesting than that, and it makes his relationship with my character even more fun. He’s connected to other members of the cast a little deeper than people expect, and his relationship with Alex is complicated because of that.

Nikita Exclusive: David Keith Is Nikita’s Long-Lost Dad!

TVLINE | Does a friendship eventually develop between the two?
Yes, but it’s going to take some time; it’s not going to happen overnight. They’re both outsiders who need Division, but aren’t 100 percent for it, so that’s one of the reasons they form a bond.

TVLINE | Sean gave her some unsettling advice last week when he suggested she off Nikita… Will she take his suggestion to heart and attempt to get rid of her former mentor?
You know, I’m getting a lot of tweets and fan mail about Alex being bad this year, and I have to say that I don’t think she is. She’s not even on Nikita’s enemy list. She’s just a little more driven toward one specific thing and because of that, she can’t be friends with her. It’s more of a coming together/growing apart between the two. They do have contact with each other, but it’s on more of a case-to-case basis.

TVLINE | How far will Alex go to reclaim her birthright? Will she pursue the lead Amanda provided?
She does pursue it. But something that [executive producer] Craig Silverstein told me at the beginning of the season is that Alex is initially very driven about one thing — reclaiming her birthright — and then what happens is that her drive makes her look at things in a broader way; her goal becomes less ‘I’m going to kill the man that took out my family.’ The job that Division had set up for Alex is that they would support her if she helps them get the black box back, but Amanda (Melinda Clarke) doesn’t really keep up with her end of the bargain. It’s all just a lot of talk. And something we just shot recently is that Alex gets a better offer [than Division's] and what that will mean for her.

Nikita Boss Previews Birkhoff’s Big Moment, Percy’s Escape, ‘Mikita’s Obstacle, and More

TVLINE | We all know that Percy is plotting his escape from Division’s cell. Will there be any repercussions for Alex given the amount of help she is inadvertently giving him?
Alex knows that he’s up to something like breaking out, but there’s no way that she thinks it’s actually possible. Things that Percy offers Alex, she sometimes has to take knowing that there will be consequences for it. So, maybe. [Laughs]

TVLINE | What are you most excited for fans to see moving forward in Season 2?
I’m excited to see the Sean/Alex relationship develop. I’ve expressed to the writers that I’d like to be more careful with it because I really want it to be viewed in a different way than the Nathan/Alex relationship and the Tom/Alex relationship. I’m personally also looking forward to seeing Shane [West] and Maggie [Q] this year because I’ve barely worked with them. [Laughs]

TVLINE | Now, let’s talk ‘Olex.’ What do you have to say to fans who are dying to these two together — even though they’ve never met?
Oh my god, I love that! It’s crazy to me and it’s strange, but it’s really cool. What I really hope is that the writers take it into consideration that that’s what the fans really want. Maybe there could be some cool Sean/Alex/Owen triangle or something! [Laughs] Devon [Sawa] and I always laugh about it whenever we see each other.

TAGS: , , , , , ,
GET MORE: Interviews, Previews

1. Rachel says:

OLEX FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Omg they HAVE to meet before the mid season finale <333 and yo, Owen would take out this "Sean" in a heartbeat! PSHH.

2. Jamie says:

Personally, I’ve been loving Alex and Sean’s scenes together. I think there’s great potential for a relationship there, but I’m glad it’s not going to happen overnight. And, I’m excited that he’s there as more than just her love interest. As for Owen’s character, can’t stand him. Never could, so a much as Alex is still on my hit list right now (sorry Lyndsy – I love you, but I still hate her at the moment lol), I hate Owen far more. I don’t want him anywhere near her or Nikita. No Olex for me. Do not get the appeal of this ship whatsoever and I hope it never happens.

3. Miranda says:

No to OLEX Sorry i can’t, i like Sean and Alex and i would rather them write more about Sean and Alex rather then OLEX, so overdone and over hyped In My Opinion, i don’t get the appeal of this ship at all i hope it never happens because it wouldn’t be worth it to me, i just don’t like the thought of it at all.

• Jamie says:

Word to this. Couldn’t have said it any better myself. Owen/Alex, just NO. And it is overhyped, which is why I hate the idea of it so much.

4. Jen says:

OMG YES PLEASE Owen and Alex would be perfect together!!!!! <33333 Their matching blue eyes and I love the parallel with the butterfly. If you don't think they are perfect for each other after this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_l4Q-tXjg8 then I don't know! :P

Love love love….hoping for a Triangle! <3

• V says:

omg yes byt the thing is sean and owen are bith wickedly hot sean is old new hello owen omg yes Owen + Alex = Olex forever they need to go out

5. jeff says:

owen and alex wud be hot!

6. Jennifer says:

Yessssssssss pleaseeeee give owen and alex….

7. dramonie says:

sean or owen? no competition … OWEN ¡¡¡¡

8. chase says:

I actually feel that Owen and Nikita have this crazy chemistry, more so than with Alex. I’m all for Sean and Alex. :D

• Jamie says:

Ewww, no. Owen and Nikita do not have romantic chemistry whatsoever and Devon has described it as a ‘brother/sister relationship’ thank God. Plus, he killed her fiancee. No thank you. DO NOT WANT.

• chase says:

Does a ‘brother’ hit on his ‘sister’? He made comments on her cleaning up nicely. He definitely has more interest in her than she does in him at this time. Yeah I get that Mikita is supposed to be but I like the playfulness between Owen and Nikita. They have a great relationship, whatever it may be.

• Tim says:

i agree with chase–nikita and owen have great chemistry–i think it’s just the actors—whoever plays michael isn’t manly enough–i don’t believe there’s any passion between nikita and him

• Melinda says:

I know many here never watched La Femme Nikita, but I agree about the chemistry between Owen and Nikita. However, I think he would be better used in the same way the character of Jurgen was used in La Femme Nikita, as someone Alex turns to when Sean appears to be less than he really is. Of course, no one liked Jurgen in LFN, but that was what made it work so well.

9. Jesse says:

Mikita and Olex for me … :-]

10. Vivian says:

Alex/Nikita all the way, accept no placeholders.

11. Olexftw says:

I love the idea of these two :) so owen and alex. i mean it makes sense!

12. Ren says:

i can see alex/owen as friends & allies like nikita/owen. but alex/sean seem like a better match. always at each other’s throats & are forced to work with each other to achieve their ulterior motives just like nikita/michael. that’s the beginning of a love story lol. I also see Nikita/Owen more like brother/sister BUT i do sometimes see them get really close to one another! but they look out for each other. no romantic relationship there! i see owen liking nikita more than her liking him sometimes. just the way he looks at her but it looks like he wants to sex her tbh (rip emily). i mean, he’s already seen her naked :p. in all seriousness, he’s more like an over-protective big brother to her & she’s like the always-worrying sister.

• Jamie says:

Agree with this, except that I don’t think he wants to ‘sex her’ at all. That’s the other thing. If Owen’s scenes with Michael last week were any indication, he’s still extremely hung up on Emily. I don’t think he’s even thinking about any type of romantic relationship at the moment with Alex OR Nikita.

13. Miranda says:

Okay, Alex and Nikita, no, Owen and Alex Hell NO, It Isn’t going to happen sorry to break it to you, it doesn’t make sense at ALL, Sean is hotter then Owen, don’t get your hopes up guys.

14. Kristin says:

OLEX!!!!!! Please let it happen!!!! Owen and alex would be the hottest couple ever!!!

15. Rae says:

Owen and alex ftw! Not only is owen so much hotter than sean, but just think of the hot chemistry they would have! Team Olex!

• Jamie says:

I think Sean is 1000x hotter actually. I just do not find Devon Sawa hot in the least and I can’t stand the character. And ‘hot chemistry’ is not a good enough reason to want two characters together in my opinion. There has to be something more substantial there.

• Ashley says:

I agree with almost all of this, although I think Devon Sawa is hot, but Owen and Alex together is a no go for me…there’s no basis for a relationship. Alex/Sean are amazing together, and Sean is the hottest guy on the show IMO, if we’re looking at it from a looks point. But Alex/Sean have a real friendship and bond, make a good team, plus they have chemistry. They have everything.

16. STACE says:

I am really looking foward to alex/owen if it does happen… They both have had difficult pasts and coming together after going through so much would set up a great starting point…and I have to agree that alex/owen would be really HOT

17. Heather says:

I really like the idea of owen and alex never thought bout it before but i wouldnt mind it. I think they cud work.

18. amanda says:

Sean and Alex for sure. Owen seems more rogue than anything.

19. diana says:

I just showed my roomates the video that Jen posted… They are totally loving olex!!!! I’m definitely on board for olex.

20. liria234 says:

Love Lyndsy on this show!

21. Quinn says:

I’m all for Olex

22. Willy says:

Bring on Sean and Alex.

23. Melinda says:

One of the things that I find lacking in this iteration of the NIKITA story is the psychological angst. In both the original movie and the LA FEMME NIKITA series, there was always that element is this real or just a mission and the effect it had on Nikita. I understand this is a different Nikita universe, but I really miss seeing Michael expressing emotion on a mission, Nikita almost believing it’s real, and then finding out it was just a mission, and Michael letting her believe it was just a mission when it wasn’t. The repressed sexual/emotional tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife. I would love to see this sort of relationship develop for Alex and Sean; it’s so much more interesting than the I’m-your-boss-but-I-love-you-anyway relationship we’re likely to get.

24. Ashley says:

omg please let olex actually happpen!!! owen and alex would be perfect for each other!

25. Nikita Fan says:

Alex and Owen for sure ! I mean ? What do you want more ? They are perfect for each other and they have to meet this season ! Team OLEX ! And all the others do you realize that they haven’t met yet but they are still shipped as a real couple ? This means so much because the people see their big potential . Go Olex ! <3

26. Lara says:

Ok seriously, I would love an OWEN/SEAN/ALEX triangle, just to see Sean jealous and kicking Owen’s butt, speaking of which I don’t think he’s ready for a relationship even though he kids around a lot. Sean and Alex are seriously perfect for each other, I just love their chemistry, and also Sean is a navy man, i mean what not to like ??!! Navy guys are the hottest badasses who actually have a heart, which means that he won’t break Alex’s ;) And even though their taking it slow i seriously hope we can get a kiss before episode 11 and i’m glad sean is actually not just in the show for alex ;)

27. Ilse says:

sean/ales just rocks!
    sean is way more awesome than owen and i love the sean/alex chemistry!
    TEAM SALEX FOR THE WIN!!

28. tosin says:

I L♥√ d the chemistry between alex and sean dey re d best match other than dat owen…….I support d team salex…..

29. KIMIA says:

WELL at first i khew that if alex and michael dont get toghether the whole serial would become so boring !!!!
    i was right because their connection makes the whole thing so exiting and hot but now that it didnt happend im really hoping for olex !! the hottest couple EVER !!
    the only way to make the serial a must – see ! REALLY
    OLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEX

30. yasmine says:

Owen and Alex would be the PERFECT couple PLEASE GO WITH IT

31. Ashley says:

I love Alex/Sean, they are amazing. Sean is unbelievably sexy, and they work well together, they are perfect for each other.

I love Owen, but the idea of him and Alex is just weird to me. I think Owen is better as a once in a while appearance type character and not for any romance.

32. Alex/Sean/Owen shape just for see sean jalou but always Sean/Alex are the best … No at Aex/Owen or Nikita/Owen the best are Alex/Sean and Nikita/Michael …

33. Aysha sarky says:

i need more romantic scenes of mikita..i so much luv their care and affection 4 eachoda..as 4 alex she shud go wt sean..he is beta off sexy dan owen.

34. Jordan says:

I hope Alex and Owen get together or at least kiss before the season ends.I wanted Owen and Alex to get together for a very long time and I’m very glad Sean is gone because he always got in the way!!!!!!!! So I really hope they kiss or something!!!!!!!!