Bones: 7 Scoopy Bits From Season 7's Premiere
For starters, let’s get two things out of the way: It’s good to (finally) see the gang again, and I’m genuinely sad that you all have to wait, what, another month for it.
Another point to be stressed: As promised by exec producer Stephen Nathan, there is most definitely affection on display between parents-to-be Booth and Brennan. And while it might not ever translate into 9 o’clock hour-friendly love scenes, it’s made pretty clear that they are having sex. And perhaps lots of it. (As Brennan at one point says, “I can always depend on you to assist when needed… sexually.”)
And now, a flurry of bullets teasing things you can expect from the Season 7 premiere:
• Never one to simply accept a compliment, Brennan instead argues that what Booth sees in her pregnant beauty is merely “the manifestation of your own virility.” Which is probably partially true.
• You need wait no longer than B&B’s first scene together to get a playful kiss. In all, I counted four or five such smooches (if you count the one he places on her [spoiler!]), plus what was poised to blossom into a full-on make-out session… had it not been, well, interrupted.
• The embarrassing pics Booth has been snapping with his cell phone of emotional Bones, as seen in the assorted promos? For those who thought him cruel, know that the photos will never see the light of day. See, it turns out that Temp has a compromising photo of Seeley in her possession — it involves a breakfast food and no clothes, and one of their team mates is most curious to see it.
• Brennan’s aforementioned overly emotional state, it is revealed, is not just due to her out-of-whack hormones. No, the second cause stems from something she’s holding back from Booth. Later in the episode, we in turn learn that Booth is also carrying around some heavy baggage as he faces fatherhood.
• Angela’s fancy-ass computers apparently are also great for cuing up home videos of Hodgins and baby!
• Brennan is determined to let the Iroquois Indians determine where she and Booth (and baby) will live. (Get Googling…)
• As with last season’s “The Doctor in the Photo,” the victim in the premiere draws some parallels with Bones, namely her struggle to “start fresh and begin a new life.” Awww.
All told, save for a slightly (OK, very) obvious murder suspect, it’s a perfect season opener that is sure to please fans who fretted the show would skip right past any “relationshippy” moments between B&B. Now hold tight, Nov. 3 will be here soon enough.