Bones: 7 Scoopy Bits From Season 7's Premiere

Get More: Previews, Scoop

What better way to liven up a sleepy Friday afternoon than with a screening of the Bones Season 7 premiere, which won’t hit our TVs until, what, November 3?

For starters, let’s get two things out of the way: It’s good to (finally) see the gang again, and I’m genuinely sad that you all have to wait, what, another month for it.

Another point to be stressed: As promised by exec producer Stephen Nathan, there is most definitely affection on display between parents-to-be Booth and Brennan. And while it might not ever translate into 9 o’clock hour-friendly love scenes, it’s made pretty clear that they are having sex. And perhaps lots of it. (As Brennan at one point says, “I can always depend on you to assist when needed… sexually.”)

Ask Ausiello: Scoop on the Bones Baby Birth, and More

And now, a flurry of bullets teasing things you can expect from the Season 7 premiere:

• Never one to simply accept a compliment, Brennan instead argues that what Booth sees in her pregnant beauty is merely “the manifestation of your own virility.” Which is probably partially true.

• You need wait no longer than B&B’s first scene together to get a playful kiss. In all, I counted four or five such smooches (if you count the one he places on her [spoiler!]), plus what was poised to blossom into a full-on make-out session… had it not been, well, interrupted.

• The embarrassing pics Booth has been snapping with his cell phone of emotional Bones, as seen in the assorted promos? For those who thought him cruel, know that the photos will never see the light of day. See, it turns out that Temp has a compromising photo of Seeley in her possession — it involves a breakfast food and no clothes, and one of their team mates is most curious to see it.

Exclusive: Bones Star David Boreanaz Gives Us the Scoop on Booth and Brennan’s [Spoiler]!

• Brennan’s aforementioned overly emotional state, it is revealed, is not just due to her out-of-whack hormones. No, the second cause stems from something she’s holding back from Booth. Later in the episode, we in turn learn that Booth is also carrying around some heavy baggage as he faces fatherhood.

• Angela’s fancy-ass computers apparently are also great for cuing up home videos of Hodgins and baby!

• Brennan is determined to let the Iroquois Indians determine where she and Booth (and baby) will live. (Get Googling…)

• As with last season’s “The Doctor in the Photo,” the victim in the premiere draws some parallels with Bones, namely her struggle to “start fresh and begin a new life.” Awww.

Exclusive: Bones Plotting Bonus ‘Mini-Season’ to Possibly Air Next Summer

All told, save for a slightly (OK, very) obvious murder suspect, it’s a perfect season opener that is sure to please fans who fretted the show would skip right past any “relationshippy” moments between B&B. Now hold tight, Nov. 3 will be here soon enough.

Comments (107)

• I think I’ve never loved anyone more than I love you right now …

Comment by Rita Sanchez – October 7, 2011 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. Can’t wait for ‘Bones’ to come back.

Comment by Allison – October 7, 2011 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me, too!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Comment by suzyku – October 7, 2011 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by English – October 7, 2011 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AGREED! Thank you so much Matt! Definitely a big sigh of relief to see all the cute scenes between B&B after that other interview!

Comment by LeAnn – October 8, 2011 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OMG I KNOW!!!! It’s my birthday and I would just like to say this is THE best gift of the day!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Comment by Olivia – October 10, 2011 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mee too!! Thank you so so much!!!!

Comment by Ana Drago – October 10, 2011 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How are they going to address the fact that brennan has the maternal instincts of a rock and pretty much has just looked at this as science experiment? I worry about angela and brennan both having kids. Instead of cases, are we going to be subject to endless girly yammering about diaper and baby poo and spitting up and day care schedules — because I can watch teen mom if I wanted to see that!

Comment by alica – October 11, 2011 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this article, and you, Matt. Even if the details also seem a teensy-weensy bit cruel since we do have to wait one more month.

But since you did give lots of goodies here, you are forgiven, sir! :)

Comment by Wendy – October 7, 2011 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • November 3, WHERE ARE YOU??? PLEASE HURRY!!!

Comment by D – October 7, 2011 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait! lol This sounds amazing :)

Comment by SArah – October 7, 2011 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait. Pictures in promos? I haven’t seen those! I need to track them down.

Comment by Karen MT – October 7, 2011 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, in the promos Brennan will randomly start crying and Booth takes her picture with his phone haha. I can already tell its gonna be another great season =)

Comment by Sally – October 7, 2011 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • not in hd but it’s good enough! enjoy, i know i did! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1HUeao_Jeg

Comment by Casey – October 7, 2011 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All I can think is: yes! yes! yes! and yes!! If I wasn’t at work I’d jump up and down! Can’t wait!!

Comment by lucy – October 7, 2011 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, just kill me now cos I won’t survive that! O_____________O

Comment by Deena – October 7, 2011 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you Matt. Twitter has lots of people teasing that they have the 1st 2 episodes for review, but you’re the first one with actual info posted.

So glad the focus is still on B&B and not just the baby. Too much adorable makes my teeth ache.

November seems like a long ways away.

Comment by Lisa – October 7, 2011 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This sounds so great, can’t wait to see it.

Comment by Candice – October 7, 2011 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jealous, very jealous.

Comment by Jem – October 7, 2011 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! :D

Comment by Cally – October 7, 2011 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG!! thank you so much!! i can’t tell you what i am feeling right now!! :’D

Comment by Amy – October 7, 2011 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AHHHHHH! I have the biggest smile on my face right now! Even the thought of having to wait until Nov. 3 to see these things for myself cannot wipe it off my face. Thank you for these teases! :)

Comment by Piper – October 7, 2011 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love you Matt for this article!! :D We NEED Novmber 3rd now! We´ve waited 141 days!! Can´t wait!! :D:D:D:D

Comment by Hanna – October 7, 2011 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why must the best shows not premiere forever? Chuck is back to October 28th and Bones is November?! I CANNOT wait!

Comment by Samantha – October 7, 2011 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 100% agree. I love both shows. I see bones since 6 years ago and Chuck since three weeks ago and i love it now. I hope Chuck and Sarah have a baby like B&B and everything gonna be perfect.

Comment by Miranda – October 7, 2011 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • lol, me too, i watch Bones from the beginning and Chuck just a couple weeks ago, watched all 4 seasons xD, it seems to me that they never got the moonlight curse since they hook up in season 3 but that just me.

pd. with those appetizer i think im not gonna be able to sleep tonight xD

Comment by Squallfer – October 7, 2011 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • jajajaja. I have only seen the first season of CHUCK. But i love it. Greetings from Mexico.

Comment by miranda – October 10, 2011 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cruel…Yes. But this is better than just those promos. Can’t wait and I have a feeling producers are not disappointing

Comment by Liz – October 7, 2011 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • omg it just got real I need November

Comment by Karen – October 7, 2011 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this article. Thanks!

Comment by diane – October 7, 2011 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i also can’t wait for the season to begin. im skipping a friend’s party in order to see the episode as soon as it airs and not prerecorded! is it nov 3rd already! ;)

Comment by mariel – October 7, 2011 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 27 more days. Thanks, Matt. Every little bit of information helps. Obviously, I am counting down the days!!

Comment by Betty – October 7, 2011 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Also, does anybody know what the reference to Iroquois Indians determing where they live means??

Comment by Betty – October 7, 2011 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Nope, and I even did a quick Google search. I only found that it’s a matriarchal society meaning the women have the power when it comes to the family and keep the kids if the couple breaks up.

Comment by Lisa – October 7, 2011 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I wonder how that could POSSIBLY relate to the Booth-Brennan dynamic…

Comment by megan – October 7, 2011 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I think it means that they’ll move into Brennan’s place (she’s got the power…and the nicer place). Plus, we know Booth’s moving out of his apartment, so it makes sense that they’re either moving into her place or into another place of her choosing.

Comment by Lawcodename – October 9, 2011 10:41 AM PDT
      • Hope this helps, if somebody hasn’t already looked it up.

Comment by blackraven – October 7, 2011 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I just can’t see Booth willing to let Brennan buying their whole house and he’ll just “live there” and he can just be her little boy toy…or Brennan settling for kind of crappy house just because Booth can afford it and she can be is bimbo that he knocked up. Both of those situations just don’t seem right to me. They both have very dominant A type personalities…and either why it would feel like doormat behavior is not good on either side.

…but I read a spoiler that they are going to fight about the Iroquois Indians and that they will decide to buy a house together at the end of the premiere.

Comment by Jillian – October 12, 2011 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • me to! goin crazy haha so cute!

Comment by SaM – October 7, 2011 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh you are the best sir! I think you just made this the start of a great weekend!

Thanks for the article! Looking forward to more!!

Comment by Shawna – October 7, 2011 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • that second picture makes my heart melt

Comment by Sam – October 7, 2011 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show and spoiler

Comment by Raven johnson – October 7, 2011 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ditto! I’m so excited!!!! I can hardly breath!

Comment by Kat – October 7, 2011 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love your spoilers, after the season 6 which was a disaster, it looks like we will get sometime great in return, the only cheating they did is everybody’s reaction to the pregnancy and I WANT TO SEE it, sex scenes can wait – I want to see Max, Sweets and the squints gang heart seizures. Matt – you can tell HH and SN that I will be campaigning for the reaction moment even as flashbacks on FB and forums, hope people will join

Comment by Nan – October 7, 2011 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree and November 3rd can’t come soon enough. It’s Torture waiting!

Comment by Kat – October 7, 2011 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t explain this, but over the summer I’ve lost all interest in Bones. I read this article in hopes of renewing my enthusiasm, but without success. Maybe it’s the baby thing.

Comment by Templar – October 7, 2011 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ahhh! thank you! so happy right now. got a huge smile :D come on Nov. 3!

Comment by SaM – October 7, 2011 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ive never put too much attention to Bones before, though have watched couple of episodes in total, but now Im actually more curious than excited, how those two will behave on those <3<3 terms.

Comment by nitemar – October 7, 2011 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the Bones scoopage, Matt. All good ones with your unique style of telling them. :) The promos have made me excited to see this new season and I do miss the show. “Doctor in the Photo” was their best episode last season, IMO. So I’m happy to see there’s some paralleling going on with that.

Comment by Rory2 – October 7, 2011 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The first 2 episodes put to rest almost any worries I had about the change in the show. Fantastic, really. :D

Comment by Jenny – October 7, 2011 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who gives a crap about an obvious murder suspect when Bones and Booth are finally honest about their feelings?

Comment by Jim – October 7, 2011 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMFG, I’m so excited about all the shipper-y goodness! This is awesome news- you made my day :)

Comment by AngelMoonGirl – October 7, 2011 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now I can die happy! aaaah <3
    I LOVE YOU MATT!

Comment by FinallyHappy – October 7, 2011 05:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait!!!! Even though there are 6 episodes until spring i can’t wait to see all of them :) Thanks so much for the review. With this story it is for sure a HAPPY FRIDAY:)

Comment by Lauren – October 7, 2011 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt, are you trying to make us suffer? We are doing that already!!! I can hardly wait to watch this episode and now, you have made it worse =D

Comment by Ella – October 7, 2011 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WEEEEEEEEEE! Can’t wait! Thanks for the scoop! :D

Comment by ForensicMama – October 7, 2011 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i love/hate you. Absolutely love for giving me an AMAZING ep to look forward to.
    Hate because there is just TOO. MUCH. TIME. TO. WAIT.

Comment by Elena – October 7, 2011 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so running around the house, squealing and dancing after hearing this. Why can’t it be November 3 already? GEEZZ!!I will be glued to my fox channel on November 3rd until the end of the show. Glad to have fellow Bones fans around to share my excitement with. I know it’s silly to be so excited about two fictional characters on a tv show, but I just can’t help myslef. I have watched Bones and Booth get so close only to have it not work out that it makes me wonderfully happy to finally see them together. I have always rooted for these two.

Comment by Angie the second – October 7, 2011 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know what you mean. I love hearing about Bones and Booth and am very happy to know that others share that love without judgement :P

Comment by Jean – October 7, 2011 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LET ME DIE!

Comment by Eboni – October 7, 2011 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Check out the latest promo for the premiere. It is awesome:

Comment by Wendy – October 7, 2011 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was so funny. Was this the promo they showed after Fringe? I was on tumblr earlier and they had this promo posted. Someone said something about it being shown after or during Fringe. That little doggy action on the ground looked hilarious and sexy at the same time. If that is even possible? Bones is being her stubborn self. Good thing she does not get embarrassed that easily. Booth on the other looked a little ‘pink’ in the face. Oh, that look the other officers had was priceless though. Come on November 3rd!!

Comment by Angie the second – October 7, 2011 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THANK YOU so much! I can’t love you more right now! You are the best :D
    You made me the happiest person on earth, I’m fangirling like crazy.

Comment by Adri – October 7, 2011 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so excited to see the new expecting couple. You are the best! I have warned my family that I am closing the door and they better not bother me Nov. 3rd.!

Comment by Jean – October 7, 2011 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • O M G I cannot wait!!! Love you so much for posting this ;)

Comment by Annika – October 7, 2011 10:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Absolutely love Bones! Can’t wait for the new season begin!

Comment by Brecken – October 7, 2011 11:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So tell me, Matt: Is there any actual mystery-solving on this show any more, or has it completely degenerated into a “B&B Smooch Fest,” sort of like what happened on House and the show-killer known as “Huddy?” How long before Tempe starts withholding sex if Seely doesn’t take out the trash, or change the baby’s diaper, or won’t let her have her own gun, or whatever? Will the fundamental premise of this show – the solving of crimes due to the unique perspective offered by a world-famous forensic anthropologist – go by the wayside just so TPTB can temporarily jack up the dopamine levels of a bunch of “B&B Bridesmaids?” I really enjoy this show and hope to continue to do so; however, no one has been able to break the “Moonlighting Curse” these past 20-some years. Do you believe that Hanson, Nathan et. al. are creative enough to pull this off? I’m interested in your opinion…

Comment by Pessimistic Yet Pragmatic – October 8, 2011 01:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Translation: “I’m bitter and negative, but I nevertheless desperately seek validation in the least likely ways.”

Comment by Amy – October 8, 2011 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Correction: I’m negative, not bitter. And, of course, pragmatic. Learn the difference; it will keep you out of trouble as you grow up.

Comment by Pessimistic Yet Pragmatic – October 8, 2011 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The so-called Moonlighting Curse is the stupidest excuse ever invented for not putting the main couple together. So if that’s the only reason you can think of to hate this upcoming season, just don’t watch. Pretty much every member of the press who has seen the first two episodes has LOVED them, and they seem to think the audience will feel the same way.

I’m 110% sure there’s still mystery-solving, but do you honestly think the cases are the priority for most of the viewers? Well, they’re not. If Matt had only talked about the case, people would’ve been like “Who cares, where’s my B & B scoop”?

Comment by Cris – October 8, 2011 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I am also tired of hearing about the Moonlighting curse. However, I think they were smart not to film a hot, romantic scene while Bones was pregnant. The scene in Moonlighting, when they finally got together, was horrible. Cybil Shepard was really pregnant and no matter how hard they tried to hide it, you could tell. Their movements were awkward and unsatisfying to see.

Comment by Jean – October 8, 2011 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sorry, Cris. I thought this show was targeted for adults. My bad. Squeeeee!

Comment by Pessimistic Yet Pragmatic – October 9, 2011 02:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Are you implying that only teens want to see romance in a crime show? Now that’s very narrow-minded of someone who seems to think they’re so intelligent and mature.

Comment by Sarah – October 10, 2011 04:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you can’t even get the names of the main characters right, secondly both actors and producers have always said the show is about Booth and Brennan, solving crimes is just what they do on the side.

Comment by Paul – October 8, 2011 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Tell that to Kathy Reichs. Or better still, pick up one of her books. Or don’t you read?

Comment by What's in a name? – October 9, 2011 02:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Now THAT is an interesting, yet thoughtless, remark, Paul. I’m a cellular biologist, and spent years studying cell physiology and chemistry, etc., but you’re right. My world revolves around my sex life. I got my Ph.D. just so I would have a hobby. My brother is a U.S. Marshall, and spent four years in college studying criminal justice and related fields; however, you’re probably right about him, too. His “career” is who and what he’s shagging at any particular moment; all that crime-fighting nonsense is just an avocation.

I never once indicated that I “hated” this show. In fact, I wrote that I enjoy it very much. However, I would like to see the show remain that which first caught my interest. When you change the focus of a show, you change its premise, and people stop watching. I don’t want to see that happen to Bones. That’s why all of the L&O’s, CSI’s and NCIS have been on the air for nearly a decade and more.

“Choose your battles with more care, else you appear childish and lacking wit.” Euripides

Comment by Pessimistic Yet Pragmatic – October 9, 2011 02:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Let’s see what the premiere episode is going to be like first. I think there will be a good balance of crime fighting and romance between our fave couple. I watch it for both. Bones has always been one of the best series on television because it can be funny, romantic or silly one minute and then be serious the next(I mean solving crimes is a serious thing). Let’s not get agitated at one another. We all watch the show for the same reason. We love it. Whether it be for the crime fighting, the sexual tension between Bones/Booth or both. Let’s just all be happy that our show is coming back to us in about 3 weeks.

Comment by Angie the second – October 9, 2011 04:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cannot wait! Love this show.

Comment by Alison – October 8, 2011 02:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I so can’t wait!! Thank you for this! I am so jealous! I hope FOX will give us an other promo or sneekpeak nov 3 is so far away!!

Comment by Niki – October 8, 2011 07:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too Niki. All these little tidbits and scoops are great. Keep them coming. We have about 3 more weeks and I could stand to see about one or two more of these promos. Although, I don’t want to see to many more because then we fans would have seen the whole first episode of season 7 before it even airs.

Comment by Angie the second – October 8, 2011 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Moonlighting distintegrated after the characters got together because there was nothing else to watch the show for, except the tension between those two. That’s NOT the case with Bones. Duh…

Comment by Jenna – October 8, 2011 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Is that so? Watch and learn, little lady.

Comment by They don't call it a "curse" for nothin' – October 9, 2011 02:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The moonlighting curse was not because the charcacters got together, it was because of BAD writing.You still have to have good writing after they get together.It is not the end of the story, but a new chapter.They have to approach it that way or it will fail.Moonlighting was already doomed by bad writing long before they got together.People only watched until it happend, then that was it. Chuck is a good example of the main couple getting together and not ruining the show, but actually making it better and evolve instead of just being stagnate.

Comment by Sam – October 12, 2011 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this is gunna be the longest month of my life!!!

Comment by HIna – October 8, 2011 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post