TVLine Items: White Collar Star Spies Chuck Gig, Rosie Perez Checks In at Nurse Jackie and More!

Tim DeKay is ditching his FBI post for a stint with the CIA.

The White Collar star will infiltrate Episode 8 of Chuck’s fifth and final season as Sarah’s (Yvonne Strahovski) former handler, Kieran Ryker. According to EW.com (who first reported the news), DeKay’s character is a stoic man “who forces her to confront her past and the choices she’s made.”

Chuck returns to the NBC roster Friday, Oct. 28, and DeKay’s own USA Network hit resumes with new episodes early next year.

Exclusive: Molly Sims Crashes Royal Pains

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Rosie Perez will pay a visit to the fourth season of Showtime’s Nurse Jackie (premiering in 2012) as Jules, a patient with an unusual diagnosis.

• TNT will pay tribute to Apple founder Steve Jobs on Thursday night with a special back-to-back broadcast of its original movie, Pirates of Silicon Valley, beginning at 8/7c. The telepic first aired in 1999 and stars Noah Wyle (Falling Skies) as the late visionary.

• Ready for more 30 Rock guest star news? Denise Richards revealed via Twitter that she will appear on Season 6 of the NBC comedy. “So excited!!” she exclaimed. “I’m going to be doing an episode of #30Rock! one of my favorite shows!!!!!”

30 Rock Scoop: James Marsden Nabs Major Arc!

• MTV has bought an hourlong drama based on the Heathers-esque novel, Cassandra French’s Finishing School For Boys, from actress Krysten Ritter (Apartment 23, Veronica Mars), Deadline reports.

• ABC has purchased a comedy pilot from the producing duo of Will and Jada Pinkett Smith. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the potential series will star tween heartthrob Romeo as a Dominican-American from Washington Heights who is trying to live the American dream.

• Thomas McDonell (Prom) has booked a two-episode stint on ABC’s Suburgatory as a love interest for Tessa (Jane Levy) and Dalia (Carly Chaikin), per TVGuide.com.

• Just call him the pilot season king: Bill Lawrence (Scrubs, Cougar Town) has sold his third pilot this development season, this time to ABC. Per Deadline, his latest potential series is a multi-cam comedy about a small-town volunteer fire department.

Scoop: Cougar Town Couple Heads Into Therapy With Nicole Sullivan

• Charles S. Dutton (Without a Trace, The L Word) will appear in CBS’ Criminal Minds later this season as a boxing trainer who learns that his star pupil is actually a violent serial killer, TVGuide.com reports.

• Cinemax has renewed its hit freshman series Strike Back for a 10-episode second season, set to bow in late 2012.

• E! is moving its sudsy new reality show, Dirty Soap, to a new time beginning this Sunday at 10:30 pm.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. Lisa says:

Thank the gods Rosie Perez isn’t checking into any shows I watch.

2. Lisa says:

I will not be watching any show from Will and Jada Pinkett Smith.

3. Lisa says:

I look forward to Tim DeKay on Chuck.

4. Amy says:

yay for Tim DeKay! he’s awesome

5. Anne says:

I really like Tim Dekay! I love Chuck also so I am happy. I am looking forward to this. I also wish they would bring back Bryce Larkin. That would be great to see.

• Kevin says:

Funny coincidence with the White Collar tie in, but I don’t see how Bryce comes back. He looked pretty dead to me.

• Lisa says:

Tim DeKay did not play Bryce on Chuck. Matt Bomer played Bryce.

• Jessica says:

I think was the poster meant was funny coincidence that Matt Bomer, who stars on White Collar with Tim DeKay used to play Bryce Larkin on Chuck who was involved with Sarah. And now Tim DeKay, who currently stars on White Collar with Matt Bomer, will play a character also involved with Sarah (in a different capacity, obviously), but in a mentoring role, just like he plays a mentoring role to Matt Bomer’s Neal on White Collar. There are a lot of similarities here actually. I bet Matt helped Tim decide to take the gig! I love it! Love me some Matt Bomer too :-)

• Becky says:

My heart stopped beating when I read this news. I ADORE both Chuck and WC, so to have this beauty happen makes me smile. Now if only Bryce got revived, and Zachary Levi would guest star on WC, my world would be complete.

• Joseph says:

Flashback!

6. May says:

With Tim on Chuck they have to have some sort of shout out or inside joke about Bryce Larkin/Matt Bomer, the situation just sets up for it perfectly! Can’t wait until Oct. 28!

7. Eli says:

Isn’t strike back already airing the second season?

• Evan says:

Eli, technically yes they are, but since I doubt the US is ever going to see the first season of Strike Back they’re not going to count it that way.

Though with the fact that it got renewed, Cinemax getting a hold of the first season would be a pretty good idea cause they can air that while we wait for the next season.

8. Pam says:

Why are you guys listing E! shows? They do enough self-promotion for 20 channels!

9. PFT says:

Bryce was resurrected before and Chuck cannot properly end the series without a Bryce return either taped from the past or done somehow. Like all of his roles, Bomer was amazing as Bryce. Bring him back even for 10 minutes.

10. juan says:

Man, I just see comedy after comedy pilot being picked up especially by ABC