TVLine Items: White Collar Star Spies Chuck Gig, Rosie Perez Checks In at Nurse Jackie and More!

Tim DeKay is ditching his FBI post for a stint with the CIA.

The White Collar star will infiltrate Episode 8 of Chuck’s fifth and final season as Sarah’s (Yvonne Strahovski) former handler, Kieran Ryker. According to EW.com (who first reported the news), DeKay’s character is a stoic man “who forces her to confront her past and the choices she’s made.”

Chuck returns to the NBC roster Friday, Oct. 28, and DeKay’s own USA Network hit resumes with new episodes early next year.

Exclusive: Molly Sims Crashes Royal Pains

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Rosie Perez will pay a visit to the fourth season of Showtime’s Nurse Jackie (premiering in 2012) as Jules, a patient with an unusual diagnosis.

• TNT will pay tribute to Apple founder Steve Jobs on Thursday night with a special back-to-back broadcast of its original movie, Pirates of Silicon Valley, beginning at 8/7c. The telepic first aired in 1999 and stars Noah Wyle (Falling Skies) as the late visionary.

• Ready for more 30 Rock guest star news? Denise Richards revealed via Twitter that she will appear on Season 6 of the NBC comedy. “So excited!!” she exclaimed. “I’m going to be doing an episode of #30Rock! one of my favorite shows!!!!!”

30 Rock Scoop: James Marsden Nabs Major Arc!

• MTV has bought an hourlong drama based on the Heathers-esque novel, Cassandra French’s Finishing School For Boys, from actress Krysten Ritter (Apartment 23, Veronica Mars), Deadline reports.

• ABC has purchased a comedy pilot from the producing duo of Will and Jada Pinkett Smith. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the potential series will star tween heartthrob Romeo as a Dominican-American from Washington Heights who is trying to live the American dream.

• Thomas McDonell (Prom) has booked a two-episode stint on ABC’s Suburgatory as a love interest for Tessa (Jane Levy) and Dalia (Carly Chaikin), per TVGuide.com.

• Just call him the pilot season king: Bill Lawrence (Scrubs, Cougar Town) has sold his third pilot this development season, this time to ABC. Per Deadline, his latest potential series is a multi-cam comedy about a small-town volunteer fire department.

Scoop: Cougar Town Couple Heads Into Therapy With Nicole Sullivan

• Charles S. Dutton (Without a Trace, The L Word) will appear in CBS’ Criminal Minds later this season as a boxing trainer who learns that his star pupil is actually a violent serial killer, TVGuide.com reports.

• Cinemax has renewed its hit freshman series Strike Back for a 10-episode second season, set to bow in late 2012.

• E! is moving its sudsy new reality show, Dirty Soap, to a new time beginning this Sunday at 10:30 pm.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (20)

• Thank the gods Rosie Perez isn’t checking into any shows I watch.

Comment by Lisa – October 6, 2011 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Nurse Jackie……my heart just dropped. I need a hug now :(

Comment by BabyGoz – October 6, 2011 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So true!

Comment by Lorie – October 6, 2011 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will not be watching any show from Will and Jada Pinkett Smith.

Comment by Lisa – October 6, 2011 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s okay, JLo, you’ll find another fella soon.

Comment by Bella – October 6, 2011 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I look forward to Tim DeKay on Chuck.

Comment by Lisa – October 6, 2011 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yay for Tim DeKay! he’s awesome

Comment by Amy – October 6, 2011 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like Tim Dekay! I love Chuck also so I am happy. I am looking forward to this. I also wish they would bring back Bryce Larkin. That would be great to see.

Comment by Anne – October 6, 2011 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Funny coincidence with the White Collar tie in, but I don’t see how Bryce comes back. He looked pretty dead to me.

Comment by Kevin – October 6, 2011 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Tim DeKay did not play Bryce on Chuck. Matt Bomer played Bryce.

Comment by Lisa – October 6, 2011 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I think was the poster meant was funny coincidence that Matt Bomer, who stars on White Collar with Tim DeKay used to play Bryce Larkin on Chuck who was involved with Sarah. And now Tim DeKay, who currently stars on White Collar with Matt Bomer, will play a character also involved with Sarah (in a different capacity, obviously), but in a mentoring role, just like he plays a mentoring role to Matt Bomer’s Neal on White Collar. There are a lot of similarities here actually. I bet Matt helped Tim decide to take the gig! I love it! Love me some Matt Bomer too :-)

Comment by Jessica – October 6, 2011 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • My heart stopped beating when I read this news. I ADORE both Chuck and WC, so to have this beauty happen makes me smile. Now if only Bryce got revived, and Zachary Levi would guest star on WC, my world would be complete.

Comment by Becky – October 7, 2011 11:58 AM PDT
      • Flashback!

Comment by Joseph – October 6, 2011 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With Tim on Chuck they have to have some sort of shout out or inside joke about Bryce Larkin/Matt Bomer, the situation just sets up for it perfectly! Can’t wait until Oct. 28!

Comment by May – October 6, 2011 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isn’t strike back already airing the second season?

Comment by Eli – October 6, 2011 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Eli, technically yes they are, but since I doubt the US is ever going to see the first season of Strike Back they’re not going to count it that way.

Though with the fact that it got renewed, Cinemax getting a hold of the first season would be a pretty good idea cause they can air that while we wait for the next season.

Comment by Evan – October 7, 2011 03:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why are you guys listing E! shows? They do enough self-promotion for 20 channels!

Comment by Pam – October 6, 2011 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bryce was resurrected before and Chuck cannot properly end the series without a Bryce return either taped from the past or done somehow. Like all of his roles, Bomer was amazing as Bryce. Bring him back even for 10 minutes.

Comment by PFT – October 6, 2011 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post