So You Think You Can Dance Scores Season 9

Get More: News, Reality TV, Renewals

Fox has renewed its Emmy-nominated summer reality competition So You Think You Can Dance for a ninth season. The official announcement came today from Mike Darnell, the network’s President of Alternative Entertainment.

“For the past eight seasons, So You Think You Can Dance has been a huge part of our success. We are excited to bring the series and an incredible set of new dancers back for another fantastic season,” Darnell said in a release.

SYTYCD earned eight 2011 Emmy nominations, including Outstanding Reality Competition Series and Outstanding Host For A Reality Or Reality-competition Program (for Cat Deeley), winning three statuettes (two as co-winners for Best Choreography, and one for Best Lighting Design).

Excited about this renewal? Sound off in the comments!

Comments (14)

• Thrilled to see that it’s renewed.

Comment by waffles – October 6, 2011 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Outstanding!

Comment by ladyhelix – October 6, 2011 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • after the canadian version got the axe, it’s nice to see that at least the original will be back.

Comment by unicornwasp – October 6, 2011 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Praise the lord!

Comment by Phoebi – October 6, 2011 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woohoo! I love this show!

Comment by Stephanie – October 6, 2011 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHEW!!!!

Thank goodness!

Comment by PFitzDC – October 6, 2011 10:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woohoo, still my favorite reality series. Some seasons are better than others for sure but I would rather see this series on the air than any other reality series out there.

Comment by EveatEden – October 7, 2011 06:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by lar – October 7, 2011 07:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES — this is the ONLY reality show I will watch and watch faithfully! I can’t wait for the new season — I liked the addition of the all stars to the top ten, nice twist Nigel! Keep up the good work! and Cat Deeley was robbed at the Emmys!

Comment by Joann – October 7, 2011 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • good, now Cat has another chance to get that emmy she so badly deserves.

Comment by DUH – October 7, 2011 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yikes! I didn’t realize this hadn’t happened yet. It’s definitely the best reality competition show there is!!

Comment by DreamRose311 – October 7, 2011 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy to hear that…
    looking forward to se the the next season of the best reality show ever!!!

Comment by deniro42 – November 6, 2011 02:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was elated to learn that I get to see another season of this great show. I was getting worried as so many of the other sytycd franchises were being cut and this news was a little late. Anyhow, wahoo……I am so looking forward to watching more wonderful dancing. Phew. Good decision Fox……I love this show. :)

LOL and yet I agree DUH…..Cat deserves an Emmy. Maybe this will be her season to get it?

Comment by Isabel – November 6, 2011 10:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited! My oldest son and I love SYTYCD! A bit bummed about the results show,but we will be tuned-inon the24th! Can’t wait to see the new talent out there!

Comment by Kristi – May 12, 2012 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post