Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Glee, Fringe, Castle, Ringer and More!

Will Emma stay pure for another whole season? Where in the worlds is Walternate hiding? What happens now that Siobhan’s Ringer has dropped a humdinger on her bestie? Read on for those answers, plus other teases from TV’s hottest shows.

Fringe | You know who’s been conspicuously missing from this show? Well, besides that Peter guy. Walternate! Where is that sly silver fox hiding? John Noble explains that with so much groundwork to be laid with this new season, “We haven’t arrived at that point in the storyline” where Walternate has to be accounted for. “But he will [be back]… when we need him again.” Noble then raises the question of whether Walter’s doppelganger will be changed as a result of our universe’s Peter-less state. “Is he still the same? What happens with Elizabeth on the other side?” the actor muses, noting: “Everyone’s lost a son.” As for Walter prime, Noble says the hermit-like genius will venture outside the lab in the not-too-distant future, when he and Olivia embark on an “enormous adventure together.”

Fringe Cast Previews Peter’s Return and the Big New Threat to Both Universes

Ringer | The CW’s new thriller sure played a lot of cards this week – uncorking one reveal that I thought was at least a half-season away, if not fodder for a finale. Of course, I speak of “Siobhan” revealing to BFF Gemma, in the wake of having “her” affair with Henry discovered, that she is actually Bridget –  whose existence Gemma only learned of a few scenes prior. What happens next? Well, though Gemma seemed rarin’ to blab to Andrew, I am told that she will instead use Bridget’s secret to put the undercover twin in a most compromising situation by making her a most indecent proposal. Hmmm….

Veronica Mars‘ Jason Dohring Joins The CW’s Ringer: Hot for Teacher?

Person of Interest | If you’re wondering what will happen if Detective Carter (played by Taraji P. Henson) ever tracks down the elusive Reese, you might want to brace for her butting heads with Mr. Finch first. “I have some great scenes coming up with Taraji, and they were such fun to play,” Michael Emerson says of CBS drama’s Oct. 13 episode. What brings the lady cop and Machine master together? Reveals Emerson, “Because she’s relentless and smart, she’s going to pursue Reese — and in the course of that she will find out that she’s not dealing with just one lone actor.” Of course, Finch won’t aid her any in her pursuit. “She’s trying to find things out, and I am not helpful,” Emerson says with a laugh.

Exclusive Castle First Look: Nathan Fillion Reunites With Drive Co-Star Kristin Lehman

Castle | One of the big teases dropped at Comic-Con over the summer was this ABC hit’s plan to tackle the topic of Castle’s father. But that paternal exposition will come later rather than sooner. “We’re still in the process of breaking the story, but we are hoping to play with Castle’s fathers mythology this year, probably at midseason,” series creator Andrew W. Marlowe told me. The writers first wanted to let the Johanna Beckett thread from last season and this season’s opener simmer down a little. “After that really explosive season finale,” Marlowe explains, “the most important thing to me was be able to get the two characters back to the recognizable fun that people are used to seeing, but hopefully with a little more depth and meaning to all of their exchanges.”

Exclusive: Glee Casts Love Interest for Coach Beiste!

Glee | About a year ago, I had asked Jayma Mays what the odds were that Emma would emerge from Season 2 – including her marriage to Carl! – intact. Back then, she offered “50/50.” But what about now, seeing as Emma and Will are, like, sharing a bed and all? “If we were betting on her virginity, Season 2 clearly was safe. But for Season 3, I’m not so sure that the odds would be with you,” she ventures with a chuckle. One sure bet, though, is that Mays wants to have it all be done with. “When we found out at the end of Season 2 that she was still a virgin, I immediately thought , ‘Oh no, what are they going to make me do in Season 3?!’ So I go to work scared every single day that there’s go to be that ‘losing virginity’ scene. I’m absolutely terrified of that!”

If there’s a show or hot topic you’d like the Inside Line on, email mattmtvguy@gmail.com, and maybe it’ll get some love the next time around! (With reporting Vlada Gelman)

1. Sara says:

The way this show – and, to be honest, the media – fetishizes Emma’s virginity and treats it like a prize Will is supposed to win when he “fixes” her mental illness, is just gross.

• Katie says:

I think Will’s been looking like a total perv this season.

• Britt says:

I think Will has looked like a perv every season… and I can’t believe there are still so many Wemma-lovers after the way he’s been behaving over the past two seasons! The dentist was so much better for her (and more deserving of her)

• sarah says:

I cannot believe they are still writing for Mr.Shu – he is so pervy and Matthew Morrison’s acting so shallow – that I literally now have to fast forward through his scenes.

• Chris says:

I write the following for all that guys who still believe in carma, or think that Will wasn´t good enough because he make mistakes. And there are more Wemma-shipper than you think.Carma is past and John stamos as
          carl is probably no longer appear in glee, and if only as a minor character.And as such comments like that “ I can not believe there are still so many Wemma-lovers ….”
          are ridiculous. Since carma no longer exists.And therefore attracts Will not be in the dirt, he worked so hard and lost so much.

• Michael says:

Sorry, but taking the virginity of a late 20-something, semi-frigid, obsessive-compulsive loon isn’t a prize, even for someone like Will.

• Pepper says:

Yes!!! Thank you. Maybe they think it’s romantic but it’s just weird.
      And when she dated Carl and Will asked her if she was still a virgin, that was so creepy. It gave me the feeling that if she’d said no, he wouldn’t be interested anymore.

• Drew says:

Agreed, and it’s a horrible message to send to the show’s younger viewers. Virginity and abstinence are portrayed on the show as being shameful. Yes, she has issues, but being a virgin is not a mental disorder. And last season, they had Gwyneth Paltrow calling two of the female students “frigid” when they said that they were going to wait to have sex.

It’s not shameful to not have sex. Pressuring someone into having sex shouldn’t be portrayed as a fun game.

Of course, this show (which claims to be socially aware and on a mission to better the world) has some of the worst morals I’ve ever seen depicted on television. I’m not even talking about the joke-y stuff like Sue. I’m talking about a lot of the tender moments where the lesson of the episode comes together and you realize that the writers of this series are 100% certifiably insane.

• Stefanie says:

Well said Sara.

• sg says:

Well said: what decade, not wait what century are we in that your headline is about a woman staying pure. So others of us are impure. There have been so many problems in Glee’s depiction of women – the bitches/virgins/whores and a ‘feminist’ rally with a character dressed as a poll dancer in Asian F and now we are to have a big feature about a woman with OCD losing her virginity. Are they hoping this add more viewers or lose even more????

2. Sara's much wiser and older self says:

Oh Sara. Grow up.

3. Dessy says:

Whenever I see it in a headline I just bounce up and down!

4. Sara's mom says:

Settle down you two.

5. Katie says:

Didn’t Walter’s wife kill herself on our side because of what happened to Peter? Just wondering if there is a possiblity that she is now alive in this universe because Peter doesn’t exist. Ugh, now I’m confused.

• Kate says:

I was under the impression that Elizabeth killed herself because of the guilt of knowing that her Peter was dead and the one that was living with them now was stolen from someone else. Also I thought that Peter did exist as a child but died as a child and never grew up. Because didn’t the one Observer say something about “they can never know the boy lived to be a man”?

• Andie says:

Yes, I’m confident that Peter lived in amberverse but died as a child. I think he will re-appear by JoshuaJackson-Peter convincing Walter (through the voices and stuff) that he’s the son he lost.

I don’t know about Elizabeth, though – I sort of feel like it’s irrelevant, because Peter is going to be back soon and I don’t understand how amberverse can survive once he’s back.

6. Lola says:

Ok, so Ringer really picked up last episode. I was considering giving up on the show until the last ep. Indecent proposal…uh oh!!

Castle’s father?? I’m so there. Can’t wait to find out more.

7. Carrie says:

Ooh, can’t wait to see what Gemma does on “Ringer”. Those were some crazy revelations she had to deal with in the last episode.

8. Rebecca says:

Trying to figure out what all Gemma might do. She’s in a very interesting position right now.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Right? By “indecent proposal” does that mean she’ll force Siobhan to be her wingman to bed Andrew? Does she just ask for cold hard cash to keep the affair/swap a secret? I’m curious….

• Dahlia says:

I’m trying to decide if I think it’ll be that or that she’ll make Bridget/”Siobhan” sleep with Henry one last time so Gemma can catch him being unfaithful for pre-nup purposes, even though Bridget really doesn’t want to “cheat” on Andrew.

9. Noëlle says:

Fringe!!! J’adore Cette séries!!!!!

10. Dahlia says:

I’d only been sticking with Ringer because I’m still impatiently waiting for Jason Dohring’s appearance, but I’m glad I did, because I was totally shocked by this past week’s episode, which was great, and I would definitely commit to watching it on its own merit now. That said, anyone know when Jason Dohring will be starting?

11. Nicole says:

Wemma are an amazing couple and I can’t wait for that scene! Asian F just showed me how much they love each other!

12. Sara says:

When Wemma have sex it’s going to be super hot, as Emma would say.

13. Delila says:

I think “Fix You” showed just how much Will loves Emma. I think Wemma make an amazing couple.

• Jessa says:

Fix you was very sweet! I loved when Wemma were talking about marraige. My heart swooned!

• Samantha says:

I completely agree. I love Will and Emma, I think they’re just precious. And I like to think that I have a fairly open mind, but honestly, I absolutely cannot understand Will hate, or the notion that Emma’s virginity is being portrayed as a prize for Will to win. When? Did I miss this? Are we even watching the same show? I can’t deny that Will has made some bad choices and done a couple of things that could be considered reprehensible, but were they unforgivable? No. Were they any worse that some reprehensible choices that have also been made by almost every other character in Glee? Absolutely not. I think Will is the most human of the characters, and being human, he is flawed. His heart though, is always in the right place, even if his plans don’t always execute in the way he intends. Surely that’s worth something.

Haters gonna hate though.

• geri says:

Samatha I could not agree Will is one of the few real characters warts and all. I dont know of any person who can say they have never made a bad choice when trying to do the right thing.

14. Guess says:

Fringe is better than ever! Can’t wait to see what happens with Walterate, Scarlie and the Bug Lady and the rest of AltFringe Division

15. maria says:

castle :D:D:D forever

16. Seon says:

I would love to see Anthony Stewart Head as Castle’s father.

17. Kate says:

I love that Castle is going to find out about his father. That will create some amazing story-telling opportunities. This show is so good and I can’t wait to find out what happens next!

18. Sarah says:

Whoo Fringe! I’m thinking Walternate is off being as skeevy as ever. it seems to be in his nature to be an #$%!^@*.

19. guest says:

Great a trip of Olivia and Walter together.
    I love this season and the new relationships, and the more Olivia/Walter scenes the better, also there will be more Olivia/Astrid, and Olivia /Lincoln Love the chemistry between all these actors.

20. Nerdista says:

Except, in Emma’s case it IS a mental problem. She’s not saving herself for the “sanctity” of a christian marriage (clearly) or for sane reasons-she’s cray cray! And if you really want to get into the psychology of religions placing a woman’s worth/devoutness on her virginity or lack thereof, I think that makes those religions despicable. Not this t.v. show!

21. Mcat says:

Thanks for the scoop Matt! Someone else on Fringe has been missing… where is Alt!Charlie? I loved the dynamics of the alternate team and hope that Charlie will be back!

22. Suncatcher says:

I am really starting to like Person of Interest. Great cast. Hopefully they can keep up the good writing!

23. Leila says:

I for one am really pleased that a character such as Emma exists. In this society, it is currently seen as abnormal to not jump in into a sexual relationship after 1-3 dates max. There are many people who for various reasons (moral, religious, medical, etc.) are not interested in having sex immediately. While some TV shows will showcase that of the religious variety, few ever try to include the perspective of someone who has vaginismus or OCD or just a lower sex drive (without resorting to make the person appear frigid or the butt of jokes). Kudos to Glee for portraying such a character in a very humane, non-religious and non-fetiszed way.