First-Look Video: Kiefer Sutherland in Touch

Get More: First Look, Previews, Video

Kiefer Sutherland’s buzzy new drama Touch is headed to Fox next spring, and TVLine has landed a first look at the series.

A far cry from Jack Bauer, the 24 vet stars as a father who discovers that his son (played by the silent yet scene-stealing David Mazouz) has the ability to predict events before they happen due to a heightened awareness of the world around him. Danny Glover costars in the cinematic drama as an expert on children who possess said special gifts, as well as Gugu Mbatha-Raw (Undercovers) and Lost‘s Man in Black, Titus Welliver, who appears a time or two in the promo in typically mysterious fashion.

See the first footage below of Touch — which is reminiscent of Nicolas Cage’s 2009 bomb Knowing, only better — and hit the comments with your initial reactions to Sutherland’s imminent TV return.

Comments (15)

• All the good dramas seem to be coming out mid-season. Looking forward to this and Awake.

Comment by Jay – October 6, 2011 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t forget Alcatraz too! Of course, you may not be looking forward to it but I’m looking forward to all 3 of these. :)

Comment by Mike – October 7, 2011 05:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cannot wait. Keifer was great in 24 and this should be every bit as good.

Comment by YellowRose – October 6, 2011 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This looks fantastic.

Comment by Lola – October 6, 2011 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just saw it. It looks like Early Edition meets Knowing. I’m cool with it. I’m sold on anything with Kiefer in it.

Comment by Don J – October 6, 2011 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks good. And Kiefer’s back on TV! I’m in!

Comment by miss scarlet – October 6, 2011 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This doesn’t look anything like I expected it to, but I am HIGHLY impressed. I had no idea what kind of show this would be but considering I like Kiefer and Kring can create some very memorable, interesting and great characters I held out hope and this looks damned good! I am very interested in this now, when I had very little prior to watching the video.

Comment by WyldeMan45 – October 6, 2011 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • its all so clear now. The boy IS the Person of Interest machine.

Comment by fatherdowling – October 6, 2011 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m intrigued; the promo looks great.

Comment by Tee – October 6, 2011 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This looks quite good. Very original, the premise is interesting and the fact that it’ll be on FOX with Kiefer who had so much success with 24? It really could draw in a crowd. In fact, I think the fact that it’s midseason gives it more momentum and not have to worry about the over the winter holidays break other shows deal with. This show and Awake are the two I’m most looking forward to in the midseason lineup.

Comment by Sarah – October 6, 2011 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That looked really good and my anticipation for it shot up from “oh,hey this is happening” to “save the date.”

Comment by D – October 6, 2011 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This looks really great! Sort of reminds me of like a baby Numb3rs, little mini-Krumholtz. Exciting!

Comment by Nerdista – October 7, 2011 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Meh, looks like it’s been done before, only the boy can be replaced with any number of things that predict the future or whatever he’s doing. Looks like a blatant rip off of Numb3rs, Knowing, Person of Interest, Early Edition. Am I the only one who doesn’t realy seem impressed by this at all? It looks exactly how I thought it would. Has potential provided it doesn’t turn into a procedural of “Who will the kid save?” every week. If it can sustain an over arching story I’ll probably enjoy it, otherwise it’ll get old quick if it’s just this dad figuring out who to save and what will happen every week.

Comment by Justin – October 7, 2011 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kiefer Sutherland is a chameleon.

Comment by Renee – October 7, 2011 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show definitely looks like it has potential. Whether I watch will have a lot to do with what shows get cancelled by mid-season.

Comment by Volcfom – October 7, 2011 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post