First-Look Video: Kiefer Sutherland in Touch

Kiefer Sutherland’s buzzy new drama Touch is headed to Fox next spring, and TVLine has landed a first look at the series.

A far cry from Jack Bauer, the 24 vet stars as a father who discovers that his son (played by the silent yet scene-stealing David Mazouz) has the ability to predict events before they happen due to a heightened awareness of the world around him. Danny Glover costars in the cinematic drama as an expert on children who possess said special gifts, as well as Gugu Mbatha-Raw (Undercovers) and Lost‘s Man in Black, Titus Welliver, who appears a time or two in the promo in typically mysterious fashion.

See the first footage below of Touch — which is reminiscent of Nicolas Cage’s 2009 bomb Knowing, only better — and hit the comments with your initial reactions to Sutherland’s imminent TV return.

TAGS: , , , , ,
GET MORE: First Look, Previews, Video

1. Jay says:

All the good dramas seem to be coming out mid-season. Looking forward to this and Awake.

• Mike says:

Don’t forget Alcatraz too! Of course, you may not be looking forward to it but I’m looking forward to all 3 of these. :)

2. YellowRose says:

I cannot wait. Keifer was great in 24 and this should be every bit as good.

3. Lola says:

This looks fantastic.

4. Don J says:

Just saw it. It looks like Early Edition meets Knowing. I’m cool with it. I’m sold on anything with Kiefer in it.

5. miss scarlet says:

Looks good. And Kiefer’s back on TV! I’m in!

6. WyldeMan45 says:

This doesn’t look anything like I expected it to, but I am HIGHLY impressed. I had no idea what kind of show this would be but considering I like Kiefer and Kring can create some very memorable, interesting and great characters I held out hope and this looks damned good! I am very interested in this now, when I had very little prior to watching the video.

7. fatherdowling says:

its all so clear now. The boy IS the Person of Interest machine.

8. Tee says:

I’m intrigued; the promo looks great.

9. Sarah says:

This looks quite good. Very original, the premise is interesting and the fact that it’ll be on FOX with Kiefer who had so much success with 24? It really could draw in a crowd. In fact, I think the fact that it’s midseason gives it more momentum and not have to worry about the over the winter holidays break other shows deal with. This show and Awake are the two I’m most looking forward to in the midseason lineup.

10. D says:

That looked really good and my anticipation for it shot up from “oh,hey this is happening” to “save the date.”

11. Nerdista says:

This looks really great! Sort of reminds me of like a baby Numb3rs, little mini-Krumholtz. Exciting!

12. Justin says:

Meh, looks like it’s been done before, only the boy can be replaced with any number of things that predict the future or whatever he’s doing. Looks like a blatant rip off of Numb3rs, Knowing, Person of Interest, Early Edition. Am I the only one who doesn’t realy seem impressed by this at all? It looks exactly how I thought it would. Has potential provided it doesn’t turn into a procedural of “Who will the kid save?” every week. If it can sustain an over arching story I’ll probably enjoy it, otherwise it’ll get old quick if it’s just this dad figuring out who to save and what will happen every week.

13. Renee says:

Kiefer Sutherland is a chameleon.

14. Volcfom says:

The show definitely looks like it has potential. Whether I watch will have a lot to do with what shows get cancelled by mid-season.