CBS' 2 Broke Girls Cash In With Full-Season Order

Not to be outdone by Fox’s New Girl and NBC’s two favored freshman comedies, CBS has granted a full-season pick-up to its brand-new Monday-night hit, 2 Broke Girls.

Hot Video: Broke Girls Beth Behrs and Kat Dennings Sound Off on Sex and Killer Chemistry

Starring indie darling Kat Dennings and bubbly newcomer Beth Behrs, Broke Girls debuted three weeks ago in the most boffo of showcases — the 9:30 slot following Two and a Half Men‘s well-watched season opener, where it drew 19.2 million samplers and a 7.0 demo rating.

Most understandably, as it settled into its regular 8:30 home the numbers have leveled, yet at last tally they were a still robust 11.4 mil/4.4 — even building on the reenergized How I Met Your Mother‘s audience.

Are you happy to see the Broke Girls cash in with a full-season pick-up?

Comments (56)

• Best news of the day! I’m glad this show was given a chance. Will they make it to 250K? Doubt it, but at least we’ll get to see them try.

Comment by scooterbeanbag – October 5, 2011 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m gonna give this show a couple more weeks. I really enjoyed the pilot, but the two episodes since have both been not-so-good. I also wish they would drop the horse plot-device (just sell it for cupcake money!)

Comment by George – October 5, 2011 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Absolutely.. best new show of the year. It’ll be better when Dennings gets her timing down a little better.

Comment by TC – October 5, 2011 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’ve got to be kidding. To me, it’s the worst, most offensive show of the last decade. The lead ladies are clearly very talented, but the rest (from concept to writing to production) is *junk*. The pilot was so actively offensive ans sexist, it’s difficult to believe that anyone would watch this.

Comment by Tarc – October 6, 2011 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not all humor has to be inoffensive dreck. If you want that, watch Leno.

While I’m surprised with what they get away with in an 8:30 timeslot, I find the humor to be top-notch.

Comment by Matt – October 6, 2011 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s okay to not like things…

Comment by Matt – October 6, 2011 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You’re calling him a dick? Go make jokes about sodomizing dead corpses you asshole

Comment by Matthew – November 4, 2011 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • …well, the show was created by Michael Patrick King (Sex & The City, Will and Grace ),Whitney Cummings (Whitney) and directed by legend James ‘Jimmy’ Burrows who is the Midas of sitcom directors. Toss in Hollywood legend, Garrett Morris and the fresh talent of Kat, Beth, Jonathan & Matt and….voila! CBS’ #1 (yes, #1) comedy…it made TV Guides 2011 Hot List…can’t wait to attend THAT party tomorrow night…wink! But to each, his own…

Peace
        Lea
        “…not all who wander are lost…”
        Tolkien

Comment by Lea Routledge – November 6, 2011 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow, do you have a low standard for entertainment. It is only alive because of its place in the line up.

Comment by jgr6b – October 10, 2011 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not surprised. I feel like CBS picks up all of their shows. I swear they never cancel anything before it’s 8th season.

Comment by Craw – October 5, 2011 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thats because CBS has good taste and doesn’t fall for the drama horrible pilots like Playboy Club.

Comment by Russ – October 5, 2011 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Maybe The Playboy Club would have been a success on CBS. I kinda liked it…

Comment by ESLKid75 – October 5, 2011 11:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well if the ratings are alirght, what’s the point of cancelling it?

Comment by mes – October 5, 2011 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They’re also the most watched network, so maybe they’re onto something?

Comment by Matt – October 6, 2011 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate ’2 Broke Girls’…

Comment by Santiago – October 5, 2011 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wonderful news. I love Kat Dennings.
    I wish Whitney Cumming’s acting was as decent as her writing. Also, I hope she cuts the rape jokes completely out from both her shows. Smh.

Comment by Carmen – October 5, 2011 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really excited to hear this. Definitely one of my favorite new shows of the season.

Comment by Kim – October 5, 2011 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not a fan of this show. Too raunchy and crass with the jokes which overshadows any possibility of a story line or enjoyment. Love Kat Dennings but can’t see myself watching this anymore. New Girl on the other hand has potential.

Comment by chase – October 5, 2011 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • New Girl is the worst comedy in years. Not one funny moment in the whole show.

Comment by John – October 5, 2011 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree with chase. 2 Broke Girls is just so… obvious. I like Kat Dennings in general, but her character us grating in the show, and the jokes and writing are just very flat.

I also like New Girl, which is silly but at least different.

Who knows… maybe the two shows are just diametrically opposed, and it’s impossible to be fans of both. :)

Comment by XK – October 5, 2011 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I am a fan of both. :-)

Comment by Dave – October 5, 2011 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i love both new girl and two broke girls!!! they’re both awesome

Comment by Penny – April 19, 2012 09:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I didn’t mind the rauchiness and crassness. In fact that is usually my kind of show. However, for some reason this show just does not work for me. There are a few funny moments, but overall I find the leads very annoying. I watched the first 3 episodes and have not found it funny. I think I am giving up on the show.

Comment by ty – October 7, 2011 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loving the show, but the horse has to go.

Comment by Liz – October 5, 2011 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yess! I love this show, it’s like a modern day Laverne and Shirley. Now I’m waiting for the full season order of Revenge and Ringer.

Comment by Gerald – October 5, 2011 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched the pilot and hated it. A rape joke? Reeeeeally?? I hate this news.

Comment by Snapy – October 5, 2011 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not surprised at all. It has been getting fairly good ratings. I don’t mind the show.

Comment by Emma – October 5, 2011 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to hear it’s been picked up for a full season! I went to high school with Jonathan Kite, who plays Oleg, so it’s nice to see him succeed! :)

Comment by Kat – October 5, 2011 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He is also a class act…educated, articulate, kind, caring, amazingly talent and respectful…he deserves everything good the Universe has provided him…

Comment by Lea Routledge – November 6, 2011 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cringe every time the diner owner or cook are on screen.

Kat Denning’s line readings are tough to get by too. I think that has more to do with the fact that it’s just a series of one liners, theough.

Comment by Ryan – October 5, 2011 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im glad to hear it,good show.now im waiting for hart of dixie and secret circle to get a full season.

Comment by Brandy – October 5, 2011 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s one of the few new good comedies on the air and happy to see Garrett Morris on TV again!

Comment by rita tateel – October 5, 2011 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • me, TOO!…wink!

Comment by Lea Routledge – November 6, 2011 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • eh, i like it. it’s harmless television. i don’t think its nearly as offensive to my level of taste as 2 1/2 men is, nor do i think it’s as clever or innovative as, say, 30 rock. i think it fits nicely after how i met your mother, especially when you consider the revolving door of bad sitcoms that have occupied the 8:30 slot over the past 7 years (accidentally on purpose, anyone?)

Comment by bob – October 5, 2011 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s 2011. Shows with laugh tracks suck. The worst part is 2 Broke Girls is on CBS, so it joins the ranks of Two and a Half Men and Big Bang Theory as shows that will never, ever DIE.

Comment by Jason – October 5, 2011 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • …from your mouth to God’s ears!

Comment by Lea Routledge – November 6, 2011 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • …PS…NO ‘laugh tracks’. Series is shot every Tues night @ Warner Bros Studios on Stage 18 in front of a live audience…and even the ‘pre-shoots- are shown to that same ‘live’ audience and the responses taped @ the same time the show is taped…no ‘canned’ or ‘tracked’ anything…

Comment by Lea Routledge – November 6, 2011 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe they can get Charlie Sheen on the show that would help their ratings. Actually they should bring Charlie back on 2.5 men Ashton needs help.

Comment by ron smith – October 5, 2011 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • …actually, they are CBS’ #1 comedy…I think that outranks 2 1/2 Men…

Comment by Lea Routledge – November 6, 2011 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is a great week for Whitney Cummings. Both her shows got full-season orders!

Comment by Philip – October 5, 2011 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good pickup to me. I’m definitely starting to like this show.

Comment by Justin – October 5, 2011 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Rules of Engagement better

Comment by Kristina – October 5, 2011 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 2 Broke Girls has potential. It’s at least watchable but the writing needs to improve a lot. The men on it are awful. Garrett Morris can’t act. The cook has just one joke over and over. The owner is the best of the guys.

The New Girl is unbearably insipid. I tried watching it twice and as hot as Zooey D is, I can’t stomach the show.

Comment by waffles – October 5, 2011 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • …I’m SURE Garrett is crying all the way to the bank..his career has spanned over 50 years…must be doin’ SOMETHING right!…I think that includes acting…

Comment by Lea Routledge – November 6, 2011 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fantastic news! Favorite new comedy so far.

Comment by Jamie – October 5, 2011 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t really care for this show, and my sister likes to catch up on “The Lying Game” after “How I Met Your Mother” ends, so I haven’t watched past the Pilot. I guess some people like it, though, and there could be worse things on!

Comment by SK – October 5, 2011 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hell yeah!! Love me some Kat Dennings!!! Happy for the full season pick up. Great show!!

Comment by jay – October 6, 2011 05:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Kat Dennings, but the episodes have been uneven. Please get rid of the horse. That’s the dumbest part of the show and Kat’s character talking to it in that stupid voice……….doesn’t fit her character.

Comment by keith – October 6, 2011 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is poorly written, poorly directed, and poorly acted. Kat Dennings would be more at home on a middle-school stage, playing a supporting role.

The writing is juvenile and unrealistic, as are all of the situations in the show.

The only thing used more on this show than the laugh-track are gratuitous shots of Kat Dennings’s cleavage… her only apparent talent.

This show needs to die, and soon.

Comment by Dan – October 8, 2011 10:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Spot on

Comment by Sixty – October 11, 2011 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Really? Hmmm….created by Michael Patrick King (Sex & The City, Will & Grace), Whitney Cummings (Whitney, etc) & directed by LEGEND James ‘Jimmy’ Burrows…doesn’t get much better than than in the writing/directing department…

Comment by Lea Routledge – November 6, 2011 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Worst and most predictable show I have ever seen. Why do people enjoy this, it must be the time slot. Canned laughter, yuck, reminds me how bad it is when I never laugh. The only time i laughed was when the Asian spoke English poorly. I don’t give an “S” about offensive content, the show just isn’t funny.

Comment by Sixty – October 11, 2011 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • …these shows are taped in front of a LIVE audience (I know first hand)…laughter isn’t ‘canned’; it’s taped @ the same time the show is taped…real people enjoying a real live performance…and for the pre-shoots? Same thing…pre-shoots are shown to the audience and the laughter (or lack thereof) is real….

Comment by Lea Routledge – November 6, 2011 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All the haters should just relax, smoke a bowl and watch the show stoned next time. You will see the difference… ;)

Comment by K-ROK – March 25, 2012 11:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is, by far, my favourite sitcom. “2 Broke Girls” would definitely pass as British humour where jokes are offensive as they cum(see what I did there ;) ). I do not recommend this for societies with a more uptight attitude towards comedy.
    All the way through the first season, I LOL’d my ass off. I cannot wait for season 2.

Chill out, relax a little and bake a cupcake.

Comment by Rowdyness – May 18, 2012 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show, the comedy is great, the characters are easy going, laid back, funny and the story line is different and unique, yet we could all somehow relate to their lives in some way or another and the characters are pretty cool too, just funny!

I can’t wait for season two, though i still have yet to watch season 1 all together!

I hope this makes it to 6 seasons, if 8 even better and a bonus. Lines are so well thought out and its just a feel good show! LOVE IT! Keep it going and support it everyone!

Also the cast is awesome i have a good feel for this show that it will be successful in the long run and now!

5 stars!